2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Ping G425 closer than we think? (In hand Pics Pg. 16)

martinvan09

17 minutes ago, dhen9 said:

They're a higher pitch thwack than you'd think since they really hyped up the elastomer insert. 

So no noticeable improvement in sound/feel than G410?  That’s mainly what I was waiting to hear about. The only other reason that I was holding out for them (and it’s a foolish reason, but this is GolfWRX 😜) is the badging on the G425 looks better with the shaft graphics on the Project X Lz. That’s half kidding, btw. 

Edited by mooseman76
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

I see that live G425 driver testing is in a few hours on TXG's YouTube channel. It’s finally closer than we think!

Must be embargo lifts today. Ordering still isnt up yet, right? I got a letter in the mail from a nearby Golf Galaxy stating they will be doing fittings starting this week. Assuming you can order as well.

I like golf. A lot.

Looks like preorders have begun on TGW!

Bag 1                                                                                          Bag 2

Ping G425 Max 9* Ventus Black 7X                                         Taylor Made 300 Mini 13.5* Rogue Silver 70TX

Taylor Made 300 Mini 13.5* Rogue Silver 70TX                      Tour Edge Exotics CBX 20* Aldila Rip Alpha 105X

Titleist TSi3 16.5* Rogue Silver 80TX                                      Ben Hogan Ft Worth Hi 26* Recoil 110X

Titleist TS3 21* Rogue Black 95TX                                          Ben Hogan Ft Worth 32*, 38*, 44*, 50* Recoil 125X

Titleist T200 5 MCI Black 100X                                                Ben Hogan TK-15 58* Recoil Wedge Proto 125X

Titleist T100S 6-AW MCI Black 100X                                       Ping Vault Anser 2

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 56* MCI Mild 125                                        

Fourteen RM-22 60* Black Onyx S400

Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

Edited by BirdieBob

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Ventus Blue+ 5x / Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Anyone who may have hit both the G425 and TSI3 care to compare the two?

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

I can't wait to see more Youtube reviews and hear in person reviews regarding spin rates between the Max and LST. 

Rick Shields saw nearly identical spin

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, osubuckeyes691 said:

I can't wait to see more Youtube reviews and hear in person reviews regarding spin rates between the Max and LST. 

Man, if the spin on the Max stays low enough, I would be so stoked to play it. 

Ping G425 Max, 9, Ventus Blue 6S

Titleist TS2, 15, Hzrdus Smoke Black 70, 6.0

Apex UW, 19, AD-DI 8S

Srixon ZX, 23

Ping i230, 5-PW, Modus 120x

Ping S159, 48.12 S (at 49)

Vokey SM10, 54.12 D

Vokey SM9, 60.12 D (at 59)

Odyssey Triple Track Ten S, 33.5"

Z-Star Diamond 

3 hours ago, TomBomb51 said:

Must be embargo lifts today. Ordering still isnt up yet, right? I got a letter in the mail from a nearby Golf Galaxy stating they will be doing fittings starting this week. Assuming you can order as well.

Local store received their stock orders last week.  I'm anxious to try them.

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

1 hour ago, osubuckeyes691 said:

Crossfield the exact same spin numbers as well.

It's looking like they'll probably be within a few hundred RPM each other

Little surprised there may not be a bigger discrepancy considering the rumors I heard of the LST finally being LOW spin

I thought TXG live on this line was pretty pointless and did not shine a good light. Ian never hits ping drivers well because of the head weight and none of the drivers were fitted. He was hitting his Fitted sim alongside the G425 LST and it was night a day. Should have fitted him for the driver IMO atleast 

• Like 2

Yeah they could have done better.  The swingweight of the driver was a huge fail.  It's not an issue.  I have personally talked to ping about it.  And my driver will be d4 with the rogue white 130msi 70x at 46.25 inches....

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Yes got to wait for the properly fit TXG videos. I want the G425 Vs TSi3 in Matts hands 🙂

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 9 Ventus Black TR 6X 
Titleist TSR3 15 Tensei Av Raw Orange 75TX 

Callaway UW 19 Tensei AV Raw Blue 85TX
4 - AW Titleist T100s Project X 6.5 

Cleveland RTX Zip Raw, 54, FullFace 58 Project X 6.5 wedge

L.A.B Golf Mezz1 35/71 Garsen Quad Tour
Titleist Pro V1 2023

Not a Ping hater by any stretch of the imagination, nor do I hate any OEM hater for that matter. Love them all. Think they all produce and innovate in their own ways and I appreciate the substantial variety I’m afforded because of this.

But I just find it so interesting that Ping has some how garnered this reputation of never putting something out that’s not way better than a previous model. “No marketing machine for them, only good ole family run biz with products that are increasingly better year over year.” That’s all you hear.  And that’s not to say the majority of their releases don’t fall in this category... but then again I am having a hard time thinking of a major OEM who’s releases don’t also fall into this category as it relates to performance. And keep in mind looks are subjective, numbers are not. 

I am super curious to see the uproar or lack thereof if/when the 425 and 410 are essentially the same product. Again that’s not to say the 425 isn’t an excellent driver because by all accounts it is and will be one of the best. But then again, so was the 410. Early sings (BEING TAKEN HUGE HEAPING GRAINS OF SALT) just don’t scream “innovation and technological leap forward” or “Ping’s done it again”. It actually screams the same thing everyone crushes TM and Callaway for, “rehash or rebrand of last years highly successful model with a promise of even more performance gains”. This is everything the M1/M2 first gen to M1/M2 second gen was. 

And for all those who will smoke me for this post, I am man enough to come back on this same thread, quote this very comment, eat crow and admit my misgivings if after I hit the 425 at a fitter it is demonstrably better than my 410. 

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock

1 minute ago, Homerun2Birdie said:

Not a Ping hater by any stretch of the imagination, nor do I hate any OEM hater for that matter. Love them all. Think they all produce and innovate in their own ways and I appreciate the substantial variety I’m afforded because of this.

But I just find it so interesting that Ping has some how garnered this reputation of never putting something out that’s not way better than a previous model. “No marketing machine for them, only good ole family run biz with products that are increasingly better year over year.” That’s all you hear.  And that’s not to say the majority of their releases don’t fall in this category... but then again I am having a hard time thinking of a major OEM who’s releases don’t also fall into this category as it relates to performance. And keep in mind looks are subjective, numbers are not. 

I am super curious to see the uproar or lack thereof if/when the 425 and 410 are essentially the same product. Again that’s not to say the 425 isn’t an excellent driver because by all accounts it is and will be one of the best. But then again, so was the 410. Early sings (BEING TAKEN HUGE HEAPING GRAINS OF SALT) just don’t scream “innovation and technological leap forward” or “Ping’s done it again”. It actually screams the same thing everyone crushes TM and Callaway for, “rehash or rebrand of last years highly successful model with a promise of even more performance gains”. This is everything the M1/M2 first gen to M1/M2 second gen was. 

And for all those who will smoke me for this post, I am man enough to come back on this same thread, quote this very comment, eat crow and admit my misgivings if after I hit the 425 at a fitter it is demonstrably better than my 410. 

I actually always perceived it to be the opposite. My perspective was Ping was a company that never realized a product that wasn't better than the previous but only in small increments. I figured they are much lighter on the marketing budget but produced products that just work and each one is slightly better vs the Callway's and TM's of the world being perceived as each launch was massively better than the previous. I am enjoying my G425 more than the G410 for a number of reasons but I have the means to upgrade as I usually have a couple of drivers laying around. If I were to have a G410 dialed in though, I would definitely say its not worth the upgrade just like it will be for Sim vs Sim 2.0 and Mavrick vs Epic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Homerun2Birdie said:

One of the big differences is the G410 came out 2 years ago, even if its not loads better what do you expect ping to do, not release new product? how long has the I-blade and I500's been around for?

Now look at taylormade, my Sim came out 12 months ago, and guess what, the Sim 2 will be coming out very soon, every 2 years i can accept very small improvements, what can they do in half that time, im going to say half as much improvement which isnt a lot

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*

Adams XTD Ti 3 wood 14.5*

Cobra SZ 17* hybrid

Adams DHY 21*

Cobra King forged TEC 2023 black 5-PW

Cobra snakebite Black wedges 50/54/58

Bettinardi BB39

2 minutes ago, awtryau89 said:

I actually always perceived it to be the opposite. My perspective was Ping was a company that never realized a product that wasn't better than the previous but only in small increments. I figured they are much lighter on the marketing budget but produced products that just work and each one is slightly better vs the Callway's and TM's of the world being perceived as each launch was massively better than the previous. I am enjoying my G425 more than the G410 for a number of reasons but I have the means to upgrade as I usually have a couple of drivers laying around. If I were to have a G410 dialed in though, I would definitely say its not worth the upgrade just like it will be for Sim vs Sim 2.0 and Mavrick vs Epic.

I think this is completely fair and reasonable rebuttal to be honest. But I guess my point of contention is that whether a company is marketing huge gains or no gains the fact is TM and Cally, who let’s face it for better or for worse are the master marketers, have shown the very same incremental gains year over year. But you have a very valid point, and perhaps I’m just a bit unruly this Monday am and trying to distract myself from doing actual work haha. 

PXG One & Done | Armlock

3 minutes ago, Superbrit said:

One of the big differences is the G410 came out 2 years ago, even if its not loads better what do you expect ping to do, not release new product? how long has the I-blade and I500's been around for?

Now look at taylormade, my Sim came out 12 months ago, and guess what, the Sim 2 will be coming out very soon, every 2 years i can accept very small improvements, what can they do in half that time, im going to say half as much improvement which isnt a lot

To be fair if i was a company and I could have minor improvements every 12 months or every 24 months,  and let’s be fair we will likely see nearly identical jumps in Sim to Sim2 as we will in 410 to 425, why would you not? We act as if these brands and businesses are not in it to turn a profit. Whether you have a board, or investors, or just your grandpa to report to, at the end of the day someone wants to see some money in their pocket. So yeah as a consumer I like options. If you can turn around a product in 12 months that will show me the same bump in enhancements that a competitor takes 24 months to produce I think the cost benefit there as a company is pretty clear. 

PXG One & Done | Armlock

8 minutes ago, Homerun2Birdie said:

I think this is completely fair and reasonable rebuttal to be honest. But I guess my point of contention is that whether a company is marketing huge gains or no gains the fact is TM and Cally, who let’s face it for better or for worse are the master marketers, have shown the very same incremental gains year over year. But you have a very valid point, and perhaps I’m just a bit unruly this Monday am and trying to distract myself from doing actual work haha. 

Don't totally disagree with you on either point. Just giving my perspective. I have done very well with Ping drivers since the G30 series but honestly would prefer to play TM. The TM are always better performers for me on best strikes but nothing keeps my scores down like Ping. I'll probably have a 2.0 coming as soon as they are launched to try. I will always try to unseat the Ping for my game, just haven't been able to yet.

Edited by awtryau89

So if every driver release is better.  TM and callaway should be twice as good as ping and titleist???  Personally I prefer the 2 year cycle.  A big part of the game is consistency.  A big part of consistency is playing the same equipment as long as possible.  For me anyway.  Its damn hard to do that though.  So many temptations!  I will compare the 410 LST and 425 LST same specs.  And keep the better one for me....

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

1 minute ago, Deuce78 said:

So if every driver release is better.  TM and callaway should be twice as good as ping and titleist???  Personally I prefer the 2 year cycle.  A big part of the game is consistency.  A big part of consistency is playing the same equipment as long as possible.  For me anyway.  Its damn hard to do that though.  So many temptations!  I will compare the 410 LST and 425 LST same specs.  And keep the better one for me....

Don’t disagree with the consistency comment at all. And I love my 410, and will test and oggle over the SIM2 and 425 but to your point devil you know is better than the devil you don’t haha. 

• Like 1

PXG One & Done | Armlock

5 minutes ago, elwhippy said:

Please explain this obsession with hotmelt? This club isn't on sale and people are saying it needs weight added. I thought Ping heads were heavier than the others so you must be skewing the swing weight and many years of Ping engineering experience. 

For me it comes down to sound and the fact I play my woods 1" short 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, elwhippy said:

Please explain this obsession with hotmelt? This club isn't on sale and people are saying it needs weight added. I thought Ping heads were heavier than the others so you must be skewing the swing weight and many years of Ping engineering experience. 

It's about getting the weight right for you, and getting the sound right if that's a concern for you.  This ping is very adjustable and fittable to a wide range of specs and golfer types.  Weight is weight, whether is a sole weight or internal weight, you still need the correct total weight!  Hotmelt is not extra weight....

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

4 minutes ago, Deuce78 said:

It's about getting the weight right for you, and getting the sound right if that's a concern for you.  This ping is very adjustable and fittable to a wide range of specs and golfer types.  Weight is weight, whether is a sole weight or internal weight, you still need the correct total weight!  Hotmelt is not extra weight....

Hot melt is not extra weight? Care to elaborate on that one? 

• Like 1