New Project X LS Iron Shaft

speeder757

Confirmed with Mizuno that they won't be adding this as an option. Sticking to the old reliable standard 6.5s for now. 

• Sad 1

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X (Ai Smoke TD otw)
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

5 minutes ago, PureStrikes54 said:

Finally hit these yesterday. Literally feel like a combo between the normal project x and c taper x. Felt 1/4 to 1/2 flex stronger than the original project x. Really stable but minimal feel. Seem to be niche shafts for high spin impact dynamics. 

See that's what I was wanting to know lol. Kinda what the comps were. I play X7's and I'm thinking these might be in middle of 6.5's and my X7's

From "Golf Shaft Reviews"

"As you can see in this graphic comparison of the Project X to the Project X LS I do not see much difference in the 6 iron shafts. What I do see is a flighted set of Project X shafts."

1086985668_xvsLS.jpg.7e945c1ee9afcfc7a5d5bad94e2dd5d4.jpg

• Like 2

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

4 minutes ago, gevans24 said:

See that's what I was wanting to know lol. Kinda what the comps were. I play X7's and I'm thinking these might be in middle of 6.5's and my X7's

Yeah I've played the X7's for a bit as well. The X7's felt better to me while still accomplishing the mission of low launch/low spin. The X7's you could still distinguish differences in flex throughout the shaft which give it a bit of feel and these felt like the same really stiff flex from handle to tip if that makes sense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdieBob said:

From "Golf Shaft Reviews"

"As you can see in this graphic comparison of the Project X to the Project X LS I do not see much difference in the 6 iron shafts. What I do see is a flighted set of Project X shafts."

1086985668_xvsLS.jpg.7e945c1ee9afcfc7a5d5bad94e2dd5d4.jpg

Definitely don't need flighted shafts haha. No trouble getting the longer irons in the air. I was gonna pull the trigger on these but I'm either going to stick with my X7's, go back to the X100 TI or the 6.5's...personally I like the look of the 6.5's and they're smooth feeling (in my opinion) despite what other people say.

1 hour ago, PureStrikes54 said:

Yeah I've played the X7's for a bit as well. The X7's felt better to me while still accomplishing the mission of low launch/low spin. The X7's you could still distinguish differences in flex throughout the shaft which give it a bit of feel and these felt like the same really stiff flex from handle to tip if that makes sense. 

I love the X7's personally. They do have some feel to them, they're a big boy shaft, can't take swings off with them that's for sure. I had the X100 TI prior to the X7's and they had a little more feel but the ball did tend to balloon up on me.

I also had the 6.5 and what I found is that they are lower spin but they reached the apex quicker than the X7's. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, nbigg said:

Anyone know if these are available through Titleist. They aren’t in the catalog of shaft upgrades but maybe they’re too new? Thanks 

I don't think they are. For instance you can't get the X7's or the 7.0's because the people that need them are a good bit less than the people that don't need them. The LS would fit people like you or I (assuming you're a good player with higher SS needing to knock some spin off).

Basically my opinion would be that you'd have to get them aftermarket because the market for them isn't great. 

Anyways hope this helps.

7 minutes ago, gevans24 said:

I don't think they are. For instance you can't get the X7's or the 7.0's because the people that need them are a good bit less than the people that don't need them. The LS would fit people like you or I (assuming you're a good player with higher SS needing to knock some spin off).

Basically my opinion would be that you'd have to get them aftermarket because the market for them isn't great. 

Anyways hope this helps.

Makes sense. Probably not a huge market for them. Thanks 

On 1/5/2021 at 12:46 PM, PureStrikes54 said:

Finally hit these yesterday. Literally feel like a combo between the normal project x and c taper x. Felt 1/4 to 1/2 flex stronger than the original project x. Really stable but minimal feel. Seem to be niche shafts for high spin impact dynamics. 

I have these in the 7.0's and I found them to be smoother than the regular PX 7.0 and certainly didn't feel any stiffer, if anything I felt they weren't as stiff as traditional PX 7.0 did you happen to try them in a club connex or some other fitting system that requires the shaft to be tipped for it to work?

Epic Speed LS 🔷🔷🔷 9* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX 
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* Matrix Ozik 8M2 X Flex
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 KBS 105X
T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Nike VR Pro Combo Pocket Cavity 5 Iron, 6-9 Blades Oban 125X
RTX Zip Core 46 Oban 125X

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X
Champions Choice Newport Plus MMT 135

7 hours ago, swgolf12 said:

I have these in the 7.0's and I found them to be smoother than the regular PX 7.0 and certainly didn't feel any stiffer, if anything I felt they weren't as stiff as traditional PX 7.0 did you happen to try them in a club connex or some other fitting system that requires the shaft to be tipped for it to work?

My friend recently had them installed and just took a few swings with them. They were significantly different lengths and swing weights than I was used to so that may have had something to do with it. I still would say the feel on these would be equal or just slightly better than the original project x, c-taper 130x's slightly better, then x7 as the best feeling of the super low spin iron shafts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2021 at 7:26 AM, gevans24 said:

Anyways hope this helps.

For what it's worth, Titleist has both the 7.0 and the X7 available to order.  These aren't available, but I'm guessing they could be the next time the book updates.  I have been told you can get things "off menu" sometimes, although it's all foreign to me because every time I have asked about something unique, it hasn't been available off menu.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Looks like Mizuno has added the LS and IO to it’s no up-charge options! Woohoo!!! 

• Like 1

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

On 5/19/2021 at 6:46 PM, jetmech879 said:

Looks like Mizuno has added the LS and IO to it’s no up-charge options! Woohoo!!! 

Wow, I was not given accurate information by them...luckily my set its working out just fine. 

Edited by TLUBulldogGolf

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X (Ai Smoke TD otw)
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

I ordered IO for my MP20's.  No up charge. 

• Like 1

TSR3 9° Ventus Black TR 6X - Stealth+ 3W Ventus Blue 6TX - Stealth+ 5W Ventus Black TR 8X - Mizuno 225 4i / MP 20 5-PW Proj X IO 6.0 - Titleist SM9 S200 50.12F 55.11D 60.04T - Rossie White Hot (Circa ~2002...I forget)

Indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will PX LS and PX IO be available in the Mizuno fitting cart since they are a no cost custom option? Would like to try these shafts out. 

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 60 6.5 / Aerojet LS 3 - AD TP 7X / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / Cobra Tour 5-P, RTX6 50 M KBS $ Taper HT S+ / 56F - KBS 610S / 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 S/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

3 hours ago, cw1209 said:

Will PX LS and PX IO be available in the Mizuno fitting cart since they are a no cost custom option?

Can't speak to IO, but early July when I was fitted at a local club the cart had LS in 6.0 and 6.5, and is what I ended up fitting into.

I currently play X100s and previously played C-Taper Tour 130 and the LS 6.5 had infinitely better feel to me. I could really feel it loading and unloading -- best feeling iron shaft I've ever tried I eagerly await their arrival

• Like 2

Driver:       PING G425 MAX 10.5* Diamana S+ 62 X

3w:             PING G425 MAX 14.5* / Ventus Blue 7X

5w:             PING G425 MAX 17.5* / Ventus Blue 9X
Irons:         Mizuno JPX921 Tour 4-PW / MODUS³ 120TX
Wedges:     Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50*, 54*, TaylorMade MG4 HBW 58* / MODUS³ 125 Wedge

Putter:       (Testing) L.A.B DF3 Counterbalance / TPT

Grips        Iomic Sticky Jumbo

These and the IOS are very good shafts. I am not wanting to swing super heavy shafts anymore. My next set I may go IO 6.5 hard stepped. The LS is good but to me it lacks a little pop..

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Only have a 7 iron to compare with this so can only take that for what it's worth. Have a PX 6.5 LS in a a spare T100 7 iron that I've done a lot of comparison's on course to my gamer 7 iron T100 with reg PX 6.5. Basically go to around 185 yards out on course and hit a ton of balls into a green once or twice a round with both irons. On course reg PX seems to fly about 3-5 yards higher and longer compared to LS for me. I don't see anything different spin wise on course with balls checking up the same. Really wanted the LS to work for me to bring spin down and carry the same or even a bit more but they don't work for me and I honestly think they feel awful. Sticking with reg PX.

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

41 minutes ago, HappyGilmore22 said:

Only have a 7 iron to compare with this so can only take that for what it's worth. Have a PX 6.5 LS in a a spare T100 7 iron that I've done a lot of comparison's on course to my gamer 7 iron T100 with reg PX 6.5. Basically go to around 185 yards out on course and hit a ton of balls into a green once or twice a round with both irons. On course reg PX seems to fly about 3-5 yards higher and longer compared to LS for me. I don't see anything different spin wise on course with balls checking up the same. Really wanted the LS to work for me to bring spin down and carry the same or even a bit more but they don't work for me and I honestly think they feel awful. Sticking with reg PX.

PX vs PX ls....very similar stiffness throughout.

418558221_xvsLS.jpg.22c6fdb15ef3be856dfcaedcde59b3fd.jpg

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

50 minutes ago, HappyGilmore22 said:

Was kinda hoping to hear that. Just being picky but I don't like the matte silver finish on the LS. Still gaming the X7's but found a set of 921 Tours with 6.5's that I'm thinking about picking up just to try. Granted my X7's are 8g heavier so I'm going to assume that will be the biggest reason they're lower spin/launch than the 6.5's 

4 hours ago, gevans24 said:

Was kinda hoping to hear that. Just being picky but I don't like the matte silver finish on the LS. Still gaming the X7's but found a set of 921 Tours with 6.5's that I'm thinking about picking up just to try. Granted my X7's are 8g heavier so I'm going to assume that will be the biggest reason they're lower spin/launch than the 6.5's 

Why not go regular 7.0 then if you like the feel?

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

18 minutes ago, gevans24 said:

I'd have to give them a shot I suppose maybe they'd be too harsh. The X7's are stout but they maintain some feel. 

I have a mix of 7.0 and 6.5 and really there is very little feel difference for me. I am very happy with my setup and the flights I am getting - slightly longer than my previous C Tapers before. 

I had my wedges built at Artisan from C Taper X to 6.5 and they were so precise that both were exactly 5g lighter than they were with C Tapers - was cool to see.

Edited by scott_Donald
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400

3 minutes ago, scott_Donald said:

I have a mix of 7.0 and 6.5 and really there is very little feel difference for me. I am very happy with my setup and the flights I am getting - slightly;y longer than my previous C Tapers before. 

I had my wedges built at amazon from C Taper X to 6.5 and they were so precise that both were exactly 5g lighter than they were with C Tapers - was cool to see.

See I carry S400's in my wedges...they weigh 132g. But I was curious as to how guys who play X's in their wedges. I had a set with 6.0's in them and they were real solid. So you like the 6.5's in your wedges?

7 minutes ago, gevans24 said:

See I carry S400's in my wedges...they weigh 132g. But I was curious as to how guys who play X's in their wedges. I had a set with 6.0's in them and they were real solid. So you like the 6.5's in your wedges?

I have them in my 46 and 50, been great; spoke to Artisan and that's what they thought since I hit so many non full shots with the two wedges and it was a good step down from my irons.

I have S400 in my 55 and 60 - I never normally hit a full swing with these and the flight control is great.

I have not been swinging well these last two weeks so my wedges have been poor - I actually hit a full 50 down wind yesterday(30mph) and got an extra 30-35 yards with the wind - felt so weird to swing all out though with it. I do hit the odd full 46 though.

• Artisan  55*, 60* S400