Taylormade P7MC and P770 2020

doctorjedi

On 9/21/2020 at 4:17 PM, ASN21 said:

True WRXER, two fittings to get confirmation lol.

You know it! Had second fitting Monday. Long story short, first fitting was way off. Second fitting had me in $-Taper R-flex hard stepped once. Flight and spin numbers were solid and strike consistency was way up. Even had me hit some of the P7MC with that shaft and I was hitting that well too. Definitely a feel difference between P7MC and P770. Hollow body design will never match the one-piece forged in terms of feel. P7MC head also felt a tad heavier. Will end up going all P770 instead of combo set as the drop off on bad strikes was less penal, but could see me in a set of P7MCs down the road as purely an aspirational purchase haha. 

• Like 2

STEALTH 2 Tour AD DI 6X //  SIM Oban Devotion 65-04 //  699 v2 MMT105s //  JB Full Groove MMT105w //  TOULON ATLANTA //  Vice Pro+

2 hours ago, BCC1898 said:

Anyone playing the 770 with PX? Any feedback? Thanks!

I have px6.0 in them, previously had xforged 18 with same shafts. They play pretty much the same with a bit of added forgiveness and maybe 4 or 5 yards 

on a perfect strike. Flight is mid to high for me, but strong, roughly where I already was. Attached is a flushed 7 for me, added 5 yards and 5 mph. 

1C3F0863-B8FC-44CB-940F-2209AE817B4A.jpeg

• Like 1

Tsr2 Kai-li white 60g

tsr2 16.5 tensei av raw white 75g

tsr2 20 degree, tensei av raw white 90g

T200/T150/T100 PX Lz

sm9 54.10S/60.4T

odyssey Toulon Daytona
Pro V1

5 hours ago, Copacetic said:

I have px6.0 in them, previously had xforged 18 with same shafts. They play pretty much the same with a bit of added forgiveness and maybe 4 or 5 yards 

on a perfect strike. Flight is mid to high for me, but strong, roughly where I already was. Attached is a flushed 7 for me, added 5 yards and 5 mph. 

1C3F0863-B8FC-44CB-940F-2209AE817B4A.jpeg

I’d say you’re giving away a bit of distance with that high of land angle though.

50* is pretty ideal for a 7 iron 

9 hours ago, COmedic said:

Are clubs arriving on time? I placed my order last month for lefty P770s with the listed ship date of 9/30. Trying to be patient but I’m so ready to get them in!

I feel ya. I ordered mine August 31st. Originally they were arriving mid October, then beginning of November. Now, 1st week in December. Like most on here, I wont be playing them until 2021. Huge disappointment and terrible launch by @TaylorMade Golf

10 hours ago, COmedic said:

Are clubs arriving on time? I placed my order last month for lefty P770s with the listed ship date of 9/30. Trying to be patient but I’m so ready to get them in!

I was just getting ready to post the same question ... ordered via DiscountDan's 8/17 with original 9/4 shipping date, later revised to end of Sept. No update from DD as yet regarding push back for that shipping date.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth 2 12° - Ventus Velo Blue 5R2

PING G425 Max 5-Wood (@16.5°) / 7-Wood (@19.5°) - Ventus Velo Red 5R2

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 21° / 24° - AD HY 65R

Mizuno MP245 6-GW - AD 75R SSx1

TaylorMade MG4 52.08 - AD 75S (8i) / 56.12TW - AD 75S (9i)

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 WH

Titleist ProV1x

Got my 770s yesterday and took them to the range for 150 balls or so. C-Taper S shaft, first irons I’ve owned with this shaft. So can’t tell if it’s the heads or the shaft but these felt fantastic. I was absolutely striping my long irons with a nice soft fade which I’ve never really been able to control before. The shorter irons felt soft and accurate too. I’ve come from 15 years playing Nike OG blades and these don’t look that different at address but of course feel so much easier to hit. Absolutely love them so far!

• Like 2

I have a good number of rounds in now with the 770s. They are more forgiving than my previous iron, the 2016 Apex Pros. Toe strikes stay on line much better but still do lose some distance. On solid strikes, I’d say the 8-A carry pretty much the same, maybe a couple of yards farther. The 7-5 definitely go farther, maybe 5 yards, I’m guessing because of the addition thru slot. All stock shots fly higher. Turf interaction is the same.  They seem to cut through into the wind shots better, especially the 7-5, which must spin a bit less.  Stopping/spinning power also is equal to the Apex. Overall, I’m very happy with these. Hope this helps.

Edited by addage
  • Like 2

Range session with GCQUAD done.

I’m satisfied with the SIM UDI #3 TourAD IZ 105X and

P770 4-7 irons with modus3 120X but coming from Miura TC201, still unhappy with the sole turf interaction on the p770 8-9-P irons and tried to blend with p760 8-9-P (1* stronger) with modus3 125X

Excited for on course testing next week

3D3C41AA-AAFD-4172-A90F-FD88C2656428.jpeg.8ec2be44c027cafe8ac29671cfb0eebe.jpeg

• Like 2

Rogue ST LS 💎💎💎 9* Autoflex SF505XX

Rogue ST LS #3 15* Autoflex SF505X
Callaway Apex UW 19* TourAD HD7X
TM P790 4i KBS cTaper 115 X

PRGR 00 irons 5-P KBS cTaper 120X
50*-10 Raw JAWS Forged S-grind Modus3 125S
54*-10 Raw JAWS Raw Forged C-grind Modus3 125S
58*-08 Raw JAWS Raw T-grind Modus3 125S
Toulon San Diego long slant neck limited edition 35”

23 hours ago, Wjt619 said:

I feel ya. I ordered mine August 31st. Originally they were arriving mid October, then beginning of November. Now, 1st week in December. Like most on here, I wont be playing them until 2021. Huge disappointment and terrible launch by @TaylorMade Golf

So I ordered my combo set of the 770/7MC on 8/19 and the 7MC literally came in the week of launch I was told from the shop. 770’s are nowhere to be found and I’m wondering if those are gonna keep moving back more and more. At this point I’d like to get my hands on the MC’s at least (they were waiting to ship me the whole set). 

1 hour ago, Djuga06 said:

So I ordered my combo set of the 770/7MC on 8/19 and the 7MC literally came in the week of launch I was told from the shop. 770’s are nowhere to be found and I’m wondering if those are gonna keep moving back more and more. At this point I’d like to get my hands on the MC’s at least (they were waiting to ship me the whole set). 

In a similar boat

@TaylorMade Golf really botching this launch

lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's

1 hour ago, Djuga06 said:

Are you actually getting updates on the status because i ordered them through their own site using paypal but since i wasn't logged in, its not linked to my loyalty account and so i have no status whatsoever other than knowing when i was told they should be shipping Nov 16.  Maybe once i get close to that date they will start engaging through email on exact status but it would be nice to have a way to check on the status even if it just says in queue or on time. 

How are you getting status on your clubs?  thx

DRIVER: TaylorMade R1 10.5° Stock Shaft Regular Flex

3/4 WOOD: TaylorMade Rballz 14°HL Stock Shaft Regular Flex

IRONS 3-PW: TaylorMade P7MC Nippon Modus Tour 105S

GW: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 52.09 Nippon Modus Tour 105S

SW: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 56.12 Nippon Modus Tour 105S

LW: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 60.08 Nippon Modus Tour 105S

Putter: TaylorMade Daytona 12 traditional bladed putter

BALL: Callaway Chrome Soft and Titleist ProV1

I ordered directly from TM. Just call their customer service and give them your order number and they will give updates. Also FWIW they wont charge your card until they are shipped.

Also so funny while im waiting for myp770s ,i've literally had 3 of my personal low rounds broken. My 2014 mizunos MP have been lights out and have me wondering why am I ordering new irons! Funny how it always happens. Golf clubs have a mind of their own ?

Edited by nikeblades00
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Starting to get more comfortable with these. Like always 7 iron is money. I feel really confident with it in hand on the tee. The 4 iron on the other hand is pretty demanding. Especially since I am coming from the Sim Max 4 iron jn that spot. More practice time needed for the lower irons. So far happy with my purchase. 

nikeblades00 — Funny you say that. The nearly exact thing happened to me. Shot my second lowest score ever two days after I placed my order. I guess the Apex wanted one last moment of glory. It took me a few rounds to adjust, mainly to the heavier shaft I think, but I’m very happy with the change now.

Edited by addage

My P.MCs arrived Friday. Hadva range session and a solo 9 holes hitting lots of balls. Got to say these things are pretty but i am wondering if i have bitten off more than i can chew.

I was nailing that 7 iron in fitting but shot for shot on the range and course against my 2008 AP2s, the Titleist wins every time in terms of ease of strike, launch etc. Obviously the further down you go - 4&5s the harder these things are to hit. Dont get me wrong, i can still hit them& the mistly fly straight but i am maybe hitting a groove or so out.

Any sway or swing flaw shows up on the strike. These are hard work.

I've not had new irons since 2008 so i cant really remember a bedding in period. I'll give them a few more sessions and try to keep them dink free. This could be a costly mistake......

Also, for the guy above who has both T100& MC, how is T100 in terms of forgivness compared to these? I hit 7iron t100 great & assume it would be similar to my AP2 performance wise?

31 minutes ago, Stall said:

My P.MCs arrived Friday. Hadva range session and a solo 9 holes hitting lots of balls. Got to say these things are pretty but i am wondering if i have bitten off more than i can chew.

I was nailing that 7 iron in fitting but shot for shot on the range and course against my 2008 AP2s, the Titleist wins every time in terms of ease of strike, launch etc. Obviously the further down you go - 4&5s the harder these things are to hit. Dont get me wrong, i can still hit them& the mistly fly straight but i am maybe hitting a groove or so out.

I've not had new irons since 2008 so i cant really remember a bedding in period. I'll give them a few more sessions and try to keep them dink free. This could be a costly mistake......

Also, for the guy above who has both T100& MC, how is T100 in terms of forgivness compared to these? I hit 7iron t100 great & assume it would be similar to my AP2 performance wise?

I have only hit the P-7MC on the range as my P770 5 iron will be here this week to complete the set. I will let you know by next week after I get them on the course. It's hard to measure the drop off on miss hits on the range but the course will tell the story. Worse case, I will go P-770 4-6 and P-7MC 7-PW. 

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

1 hour ago, Stall said:

They are def more demanding than the p770s. Whats your HC? What shaft are you playing?

Worst comes to worst you could trade/sell. Costly misstakes are def part of the golf journey!!

7handicap. 120s kbs shaft

When i got fitted it was pre release so they only had the 7iron head. I was swinging great that day.

Dont get me wrong, i still hit these ok, but im not getting the same strike/launch out of them as my AP2s with PX 5.5

Its a real pain in the arse after getting myself psyched up for these.

3 minutes ago, Stall said:

When i got fitted it was pre release so they only had the 7iron head. I was swinging great that day.

Dont get me wrong, i still hit these ok, but im not getting the same strike/launch out of them as my AP2s with PX 5.5

7 as well. I ended up ordering the split set 4-7 770 and 8-PW MC. Nippon Modus 120X, even threw in a DHy which of course the driving hybrid and MC’s are in but still waiting on the 770’s. I’ve had issues with the P790’s and even my current T200’s with distance gaps from 150 in and I believe a lot has to do with the strong lofts. 

2 hours ago, Stall said:

I belive the kbs tour 120 will play stiffer than the 5.5... but I hear you it did suck only being able to test the 7 iron for pre release. I wish we could of tested a long iron, mid iron and a short iron. 

5 hours ago, nikeblades00 said:

They are def more demanding than the p770s. Whats your HC? What shaft are you playing?

Worst comes to worst you could trade/sell. Costly misstakes are def part of the golf journey!!

I am going to have a similar issue with my full 3-pw MCs i bought.  My swing improves weekly and I do hit the center a lot but i have the low hits, the toe hits, the heel hits, etc also on occasion and so will be interesting to see how this pans out.  I currently hit Rbladez which are distance so i suspect that they are less forgiving than a game improvement iron but still more forgiving than these upcoming MCs.  I am still excited about getting them, just have to wait another 5-6 weeks...

DRIVER: TaylorMade R1 10.5° Stock Shaft Regular Flex

3/4 WOOD: TaylorMade Rballz 14°HL Stock Shaft Regular Flex

IRONS 3-PW: TaylorMade P7MC Nippon Modus Tour 105S

GW: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 52.09 Nippon Modus Tour 105S

SW: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 56.12 Nippon Modus Tour 105S

LW: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 60.08 Nippon Modus Tour 105S

Putter: TaylorMade Daytona 12 traditional bladed putter

BALL: Callaway Chrome Soft and Titleist ProV1

Quick question for you guys, I am coming from the Apex 19 irons and have the 770s.  I am a club shorter in the 770s but the dispersion is better and my left miss isn’t as severe.  I am having some work done to the irons, as I had to buy a stock set and was thinking about making them a bit stronger loft wise.  How many degrees is too much?

Do I have to worry about turf interaction if I go more than 2 or 3 degrees?

I don’t necessarily care about distance, but my entire bag is set up around my current iron gapping and would prefer not to change wedges and driving irons/hybrids if I don’t have to.

9 minutes ago, milzi007 said:

Quick question for you guys, I am coming from the Apex 19 irons and have the 770s.  I am a club shorter in the 770s but the dispersion is better and my left miss isn’t as severe.  I am having some work done to the irons, as I had to buy a stock set and was thinking about making them a bit stronger loft wise.  How many degrees is too much?

I don’t necessarily care about distance, but my entire bag is set up around my current iron gapping and would prefer not to change wedges and driving irons/hybrids if I don’t have to.

This video might help you put aside some of your fears. Waiting on my 770s that I cranked up stronger by 1* too since I was worried about losing distance. Can't speak to turf interaction yet due to backorder issues (smh...), but since Apex 19 and P790 were similar performers for me, I'm thinking/hoping changing the lofts to stronger would make performance more similar to P790 but just in a better looking package - which the TXG guys pretty much confirm by equalizing lofts (28* 6iron).  I've heard changing lofts more than 2* can really start affecting bounce though, so maybe be cautious there. But if distance gapping is your primary worry, I think you should be good up to 2* stronger. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, milzi007 said:

Don’t go more than 2.

Titleist TSR3 9* w/ GD UB-6 (S)
Titleist TSR2 15* & 21* w/ GD UB-7,8 (S)
Titleist u505 22* w/ Atmos Blue HB 85 (S)
Titleist T200/150 5-PW w/ Steelfiber i110 (S)
Vokey SM8 50*, 55*, 60* w/ S300
Scotty Cameron Toolbox

58 minutes ago, MakersMarsh3 said:

I REALLY like the half of the clubs that I've gotten

Which makes it that much more frustrating that the others are MIA

Exactly how I fell. Ordered a P790/P770 combo set. The P790 came a couple weeks ago and the P770 are pushed back till November.......... I guess I can say I am really enjoying the 3 P790 clubs so far.... haha

It makes me more bitter about the P770 being so far and well after the golf season is over here.....