Cost is no object, what are you playing?

OsnolaKinnard

Thanks NRJ...we came through with no damage. The Bob Hall Pier is WRECKED! We really dodged a bullet on this one.

I love you style with the Ram TG's and wedges. I had a set of the Nickel Ram FX TG's when they closed them out, and sold them like a dummy. I hit them well, but they needed to be extended an inch and bent upright, and I just didn't want to fool with it. Stupid.

Years ago, I remember seeing a beautiful set of the 898 TG's and thinking I should have bought them...just because.

• Like 1

If money was no object, I'd love to go to The Kingdom at Reynold's Plantation to go get fitted. I've been playing Taylormade woods and irons for a few years and have been really impressed with them.

Probably would go with the SIM driver since I've been playing the M5 this year and love it. Love the sound and feel. I've been using the M2 fairway since it came out in 2016, but recently put in the M6 3 wood. I don't love it, but I think it is because the stock shaft doesn't fit me well. My M2 was the Matrix Black Tie.

Irons probably would be the P790s since I've been using the the PSIs. They've probably been my favorite set of irons in years. I switched to them from the Hogan Ft. Worth irons and they fit my game better.

I'd probably keep the Callaway wedges in my bag (MD3s), or upgrade to the Jaws series. I really like the grind and head shape of the MD3s.

Putter would have to be a Cameron 009. I regret selling my Oil Can 009, but it wasn't a great fit for me. It had a sight dot and was beached. I would have held on to it if it was a flange line.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

Must admit thinking through this I am pleasantly surprised by the amount of my current bag I would keep, especially given the only clubs I paid full price for were the Hybrid and my 50 degree wedge.

Driver - I'd go get fitted for this, try most of the new ranges and go with whatever works best. I have been enjoying my 917 D3, so first to try would be a TS4.

Fairway Wood - my 917 F3. No debate, it's the best fairway wood ever imo.

Hybrid - I'd stick with my 818 H2 as it's a solid 230 - 240 yard club, and the only hybrid I've tried that doesn't instantly go left.

Driving Iron - I normally have a couple of options here - I would keep the MP-20 3 iron for when I'm feeling a blade, and put a different shaft in my Vapor Fly 4 iron for when I'm not. The Rogue Max fits my swing perfectly in the woods/hybrids, so that would probably be a good place to start - as long as I can get the Titleist Low Trajectory version, not the Mid-trajectory Callaway and TM were doing.

Irons - the VR Pros would stay, although I'd maybe get a set of P7-TW's as a backup.

Wedges - I'd be dropping a line to Artisan to ask them to make me a 50/54/58 set up. Not sure if fitting would be required, just make the 50 and 54 the same as the Engage Square Sole, and the 58 a Dual Sole. Job Jobbed.

Putter - I'd spend a fortune on a Circle T Del Mar, no doubt try it for a while then decide I prefer my Method 003. As it was made in The Oven I just consider it to be a budget Artisan putter :)

I'd then spend a fortune on a golf holiday, getting all the Bucket List courses I could - so Bandon, Sawgrass, Cypress Point, Pebble, Bethpage, Crans-sur-Sierre, Le Golf National, Troon, Lytham, Turnberry, St Andrews (even though I've played it thousands of times, still worth one more go), Dornoch, Prestwick, Wentworth and a few others.

I suspect after being away that long the next thing I'll be buying is a divorce

The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85x, B2 Setting

The Interloper - TaylorMade P770 3 iron, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5inch +1 deg loft

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - AW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Sand Iron - TaylorMade MG2 TW-12 Grind, 56 degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Flopper - TaylorMade MG2 TW-11 Grind, 60 Degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Putter - Nike Method 003 from The Oven

"Golf is only called golf as all the other four letter words have been taken"     - Leslie Nielsen

As my wife would tell you, cost is apparently no object when it comes to me buying golf clubs. And "need" certainly has nothing to do with buying new golf clubs.

Of course she's probably not aware of the truly obscene amounts of money it's possible to spend on certain prestige brands of clubs or on high-$$$ shaft upgrades and the like. But show her the $47.99 price tag on a box of Pro V1x and she'll tell you that's proof I buy golf stuff without worrying about price!

So with cost as no object, I'd pretty much play the same stuff I play now. Although if I were a millionaire maybe I'd replace my wedges every 25 rounds and always have fresh grooves

Would get Mike Taylor to build me a forged 2-pw set identical to my favored 962b set, along with TW spec 56 and 60.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Probably go all PXG 311XP for sure 7 - GW . Driver 3 wood and hybrids what ever worked for me in the PXG line.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

I would go directly to National Custom Works for a set of irons and then hop over to Artisan for some Mike Taylor made wedges and possibly a putter. After that, I guess get fit for the top end of my bag - whatever works.

TaylorMade M5 10.5° /  Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60 S
Cobra King Speedzone 18.5@17° / Project X HZRDUS Smoke 70 S
TaylorMade  M3 3/19° Rescue/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 80H S
Callaway X Forged Utility 21°@22° /  TT Elevate 95 S

Honma T//World Rose Proto MB 5-10 / N.S. Pro Modus3 120TX
Edison 51° / DG Tour Issue X100
Mizuno T20 56° / DG Tour Issue X100
Mizuno T22 60° / DG Tour Issue S400
L.A.B. B.2 Brass/ BGT Stability Tour Black
Maxfli Tour X

If cost were no object, I would find the best fitter that I could and get fit for everything and have them build it for me, I would also add all the wedge lofts and grinds that were left out and have them built to the same specs as the others, and of course 2 sets of everything.

• Like 1

In the bag

Driver: Taylormade Sim2 Max 9*

4w: Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero

Hybrid:  Apex 19 3h 20*

Hybrid:  Apex 19 4h 23*

Irons: Callaway Apex CF 19 5i-AW

W1: Vokey SM7 54* S

W2: Vokey SM8 60* L

Putter: Swag Handsome Too

If money was no object, I’m going to head to Toronto and have Ian and the TXG boys build my woods and irons. Then I’m headed to Ft. Worth to have Mike Taylor build my wedges. Putter is already taken care of.

Titleist TSR3 9* w/ GD UB-6 (S)
Titleist TSR2 15* & 21* w/ GD UB-7,8 (S)
Titleist u505 22* w/ Atmos Blue HB 85 (S)
Titleist T200/150 5-PW w/ Steelfiber i110 (S)
Vokey SM8 50*, 55*, 60* w/ S300
Scotty Cameron Toolbox

Wow this would be fun. I would get the latest Taylormade driver and 3 wood fitted to my specs, but I would stick with my current hybrid (Titleist 915d 17.5*). For the irons I would buy some Miura baby blades to look at and then play a Titleist MB/CB combo set in the latest version with matching vokey wedges. As for the putter, I would buy 10 various circle T's and switch every round unless I made all 18 putts in a round

Honestly, what I’d love to do is go get fit at my favorite club manufacturers.. have a set in a few different brands built by their “best”... then try a top fitter who is brand agnostic and see what they put me in.... then maybe get a set of wishons built... then just see what happens

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

A full set of Tigers irons, P7TW!

Make that two sets, one for range beaters and the other Gamers.........OH WAIT!!!!

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Let's see

Of the 100 best 8802 putters, I own five of them.

I'm building a set of Titleist 735 iron with tour level tolerances that fit me.

I have two Taylormade R7 titanium fairway woods that are cannons.

I have three hybrids that go the right distances.

I'm rebuilding six wedges to match the recommendations of my fitter.

My fitter, teacher and I sorting out the Titeist driver that fits.

Somewhere in the mix are 14 clubs that will work for me.

If money were no object, I'd still play the same equipment

Driver Callaway Epic Flash Star 10.5 with Hazrdus Black 75g 5.5

3 wood Titlesit 913F with Hazrdus Black 75g 5.5

5 wood Ttleist 913F with Hazrdus Black 75g 5.5

Ping G5 3 iron Aldila VS Proto 95

Irons 4-9 Ping S58 Project X 5.5

Pitching wedge Ping Gorge 47 Project X 5.5

Gap wedge Ping Tour S 52 Project X 5.5

Lob wedge Ping Glide 58 SS Project X 5.5

Putter Ping Pal 2F

I'd probably just go to Ping and have them make everything for me. Just really dial it in. Might take a few days and a few rounds with testers.

Blueprint/i500 combo set likely - buuut, I'll take the i59/S54/iblade2.0 with i510 or whatever they are going to call it- cuz with money no object I can bribe the shht out of someone to get them early.

Then leave with a perfect set, all custom shafts, specs and grinds...I might even finally find a hybrid I can hit. Or a 4wd I'm confident with for more than a few rounds a month. But probably not. Give me the 3i please.

Or perhaps got to artisan and build a set of wedges, perhaps Edel. My bag wasn't cheap, so like many others I spend alot on custom fitting then play them for a while.

PING G430 LST 10* Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50S

PING G430 LST 3Wd 16.0* Fujikura XLR8 61

PING iCrossover Ventus Blue HB 7R

PING i525 4-PW Mitsubishi OTi 105 Stiff

Edel 47* TRP/54* DVR/58* DVR KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

PING PLD DZB Proto

Not sure how far you are from Toronto but do it regardless, actually maybe wait until the second shop opens so less clutter at their Toronto location.

But I'd do the same, I'd book with Ian, say I have a blank cheque and I want to build a new #1 bag cause my current bag will be my #2 bag and see what I end up with. Then drive to Chicago and build a custom Bettinardi or two.

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

For a modern set.....Driver, 3w I am happy with at the moment. I would spend fitting $ just to be sure there isn't a better shaft for me.

I'd get a shaft fitting for a the hybrids to gap from my 4i/5i up and keep me from missing left.

I am real happy with the 900 forged iron / shaft combo I have right now but could see trying to combo in a 919 tour 8, 9, PW with 919 Forged 5, 6, 7.

I'd also get a custom wedge fitting to match the Cleveland RTG 588's that I currently use. I did some custom grinding on them for heel / back edge relief so I'd want that replicated. I would only upgrade in order to have some fresh grooves.

I am pretty happy stumbling through the putter collection as the mood hits me. But I'd spend some $$ for a fitting to get a vanity putter.

For a vintage set....

I'd get the Staff Dynapower's hanging on the wall reshafted. I'd find a 1970's era Citation Persimmon driver. I'd reshaft the Hogan 3, 4 & 5W that are hiding in a closet. I'd still use the Clevelands that are in the bag since they are closer to vintage than modern. I'd get fit for a putter and have a custom weighted bullseye wide flange set up for me.

Leather grips on everything of course!

I'd take my bag exactly as it is in my signature but w/ tour only raw PXG milled wedges instead of the ones I have. My Forged 54 is torched though and looks amazing.

Now if talent was no object, I'd rock some Miura baby blades in 3-P and add an extra wedge to the bag.

GAMER SETUP:

Callaway AiSmoke TD 8* @ 7* | Tour AD HD 7s 

Callaway AiSmoke TD 3W | Denali Black 6.0 70g

TaylorMade SIM Ti 5W | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway Apex Black 4-P | Nippon Modus 120 S +1"

Titleist 48* @ 49* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 54* @ 55* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 58* @ 59* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | 36" - 71* - 3.5*

my dream bag:

Driver: Nike machspeed black square at 10.5*, stiff stock shaft as my safe driver. Cleveland classic 290 9* stiff stock shaft when I’m playing good. Winn dri tac grip.

Fairway wood: Nike sq machspeed 3,5 wood. All stiff. Taylormade r5 dual grips. Most comfortable grip ever made

irons and wedges: ping eye 2+ becu 3-lw in stiff titanium shafts. Also Lamkin chord grips. I currently game these and they’re AMAZING.

putter: ping pal 6 becu with factory graphite shaft and superstroke fat grip.

I'd go to Ping headquarters and go through the same amount of fitting and testing they do for their tour players. I think it's not so much the money for the clubs that would be the high amount, but the amount of money you would be paying to the people who help you for their professional time and skill.

Driver : custom fit one off titleist. 983k head shape and size with fast face and stupid ridiculous ball speeds.

3W: Id revive ole Sonartec ( money is no object correct?) And happily market to the masses. Full shaft upgrade options of course.... every shaft in every weight flex etc available. Modern materials and fast faces.

5 w: Sonartec again... new heads with multiple backups.

3-pw: custom made and finished Mizzy Mp 29’s or MP 14’s ... multiple sets of heads ( at least 10 sets minimum... one doesnt want to ever run the risk of running out of head sets ) with a raw black finish. Modern lofts with Leading edge grind.

Wedges: vega raw black in 52 and 58. VW 10 s. ( Id request immediate new heads be furnished the instant spin dropped and grooves became even slightly worn).

Putter: custom Scotty Cameron newport 2 in black and Catalina two in black with three stripes for alignment. I alternate between the two anyway.

Custom stand bag and cart bag by with my name on them ( not a pro but who cares) LSU tiger patch on the bag, with custom designed pockets and 4 way divider ( love the sound of clubs clicking when walking).

Membership to AGNGC.... cause money isn't an issue, so I can afford whatever the dues! Hell I’ll just buy the joint.

SR 71 blackbird at my beck and call fueled on the tarmac awaiting word that I choose to fly to Ga from Louisiana to play said golf club in Augusta ( flight time 10 min.... back in time for early dinner with family ... priceless).

1971 Ferrari Dino yellow or silver , awaiting at airport so I may arrive in style.

Sorry got a little carried away there.

Copper irons & wedges I don’t care about dinging up... I already have an unshafted set of copper plated TN-87’s, shafted copper plated Yonex wedges, but aren’t playing them .

Epic Speed 9* (VeloCore Blue 6S)

SIM2 Ti 15* (Tour AD BB 6SR)

Apex UW 19* (MMT 70S)

0311XP Gen3 4-PW (Accra 90i S)

Vokey Forged 52 

Vokey Forged Black 58.12K 

HiToe 64* 
WHP 7CS

TP5x