2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Mitsubishi new MMT proto - September 2020

pga43

7 minutes ago, JakeW13 said:

It's so true. I was playing S300s last season and needed something to help bring my ball flight into a manageable window (was starting to lose irons in orbit, lol). The 125TXs are stout, but damn if they don't feel every bit as good as the S300s, I might even argue they feel better. Dispersion for me has also been fantastic, I'm seeing very little sidespin and super neutral flight. I said earlier in this thread that I could see myself playing MMT throughout the bag (minus driver probably).

Amen brother.  The MMT launch lower and kill spin for me.  I think that may be the main reason why I'm seeing less curve.  Much better flight especially into the wind.  I don't have to set up as much to the right anymore either.  It's still early to tell but I think I maybe 1/2 a club longer.  My iron set up is now 1* weaker than my previous set.  Can't wait until I get on trackman again to see my numbers.  

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 3

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

26 minutes ago, JakeW13 said:

It's so true. I was playing S300s last season and needed something to help bring my ball flight into a manageable window (was starting to lose irons in orbit, lol). The 125TXs are stout, but damn if they don't feel every bit as good as the S300s, I might even argue they feel better. Dispersion for me has also been fantastic, I'm seeing very little sidespin and super neutral flight. I said earlier in this thread that I could see myself playing MMT throughout the bag (minus driver probably).

Get that idea right out of your head.  Play MMT in every club.  I double-dog dare you.

• Haha 1

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2020 at 11:09 AM, Wardonation said:

@MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL Last time you stated Nov release for the 120/125 stiffs? Do we have an update to the update? lol... thanks just jonesin for these bad...

https://www.mca-golf.com/products/mmt™-taper-irons

125s is on their website now! Has anybody hit it? 

• Like 1

MMT woods shafts are supposed to start shipping first week of February, just fyi. Been patiently waiting on my ordered MMT 80TX, going to be building a SIM Max 5 wood with it.

Driver: TSR3 10.0* | Accra Tour Z RPG 472 45"

5 Wood: SIM Max 18.5* | Mitsubishi MMT 85TX

2i: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* | KBS Prototype 95X

3i: Ping i59 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Callaway TCB Raw | Project X 7.0
Wedges: 50&54&60: Cleveland CBX Zipcore | Project X 6.5
Putter: Cobra Vintage Sport-60

I see they offer the standard x flex in new callaway speed fairway wood and hybrid. Really excited to hit these. Looking for any feedback on the shaft or comparisons to other shafts. 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Cleveland CBX4 50, 56, 60 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 Wedges

TaylorMade Spider Tour Z Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

20 hours ago, vakaviti said:

Anyone manage to get one of the MMT wood shafts into play yet? Interested to hear thoughts on them, currently have the MMT 125TX in 4 to PW and wedges.

Just a demo into a net. I would liken the MMT 60S to the Kuro Kage Silver Dual Core with better stability. It’s a blueboard profile that should suit a lot of people. 

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

23 hours ago, vakaviti said:

Anyone manage to get one of the MMT wood shafts into play yet? Interested to hear thoughts on them, currently have the MMT 125TX in 4 to PW and wedges.

I've hit the 60X and 70X in the new Callaway drivers. It's Mitsubishi's classic Blue profile, very linear loss of stiffness from handle to tip. Very pleasant feel through the swing and at impact. 

• Like 3

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

3 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

Just a demo into a net. I would liken the MMT 60S to the Kuro Kage Silver Dual Core with better stability. It’s a blueboard profile that should suit a lot of people. 

23 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

I've hit the 60X and 70X in the new Callaway drivers. It's Mitsubishi's classic Blue profile, very linear loss of stiffness from handle to tip. Very pleasant feel through the swing and at impact. 

Thanks guy gonna have to give it a try now ill see if I can try it in one of the new callaway heads.

can anybody compare it to a Diamana X'17? I have the 50S, wanted to know if I could see any dispersion gains with an MMT wood.

Callaway Customs Rogue ST Max LS @ 9.5 - LAGP Bryson Series 65-4

PING G430 LST 3W - LAGP Bryson Series 75-4

Callaway Apex UW 21° - LAGP Bryson Series 75-4
PING i210 4-U - Recoil Prototype Customs 95 F4
Artisan 54°, 58° - Recoil Prototype 95 F4
Artisan 0418 putter

Chrome Tour, Z-Grip+2, really weird full alligator Vokey stand bag that I've never seen pictures of on the internet

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know where you can order the MMT wood shafts?  Earlier post said shipping early Feb, I expected to see some hype on them but google search doesn't show much.

Ping G425 LST 9 Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec
Ping G425 LST 3 wood KBS TD Cat 4 
G 410 17 Hybrid KBS Proto 75X
PXG Gen2 0311T MMT 80
Vokey SM6 48F-50F-58L
Lajosi DD201

19 hours ago, kcowgolf said:

Anyone know where you can order the MMT wood shafts?  Earlier post said shipping early Feb, I expected to see some hype on them but google search doesn't show much.

While I'm not a 100% positive but a good place to start would be Peoples clubs. Will has a lot of tour only stuff. He's a sponsor here. 

On 2/9/2021 at 8:47 PM, kcowgolf said:

I’d hit up @mgb86. He’s not a sponsor, so doesn’t push particular OEM product because he has to, but he’s one of the best I have come across on here.

So I don't know what happened to these getting shipped beginning of February (which was the info given to me from my club builder). We're now mid-February and I still haven't gotten any notice that these have shipped.

What gives? When can we expect these woods shafts to be available @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL?

Driver: TSR3 10.0* | Accra Tour Z RPG 472 45"

5 Wood: SIM Max 18.5* | Mitsubishi MMT 85TX

2i: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* | KBS Prototype 95X

3i: Ping i59 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Callaway TCB Raw | Project X 7.0
Wedges: 50&54&60: Cleveland CBX Zipcore | Project X 6.5
Putter: Cobra Vintage Sport-60

This shaft is pretty good. But not my fav. Makes me wonder more about the iron shafts that I really really wanted to try. Now I am wondering if I would like those. 

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

On 2/14/2021 at 7:40 AM, JakeW13 said:

So I don't know what happened to these getting shipped beginning of February (which was the info given to me from my club builder). We're now mid-February and I still haven't gotten any notice that these have shipped.

What gives? When can we expect these woods shafts to be available @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL?

A lot of golf equipment from OEMs seem to have been delayed.  I talked to Will Peoples and my local guy and they have said the same thing.  Really hope you get your MMT wood shafts.  I'm still waiting on some tour issue SIM 2 heads to become available. 

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

9 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

This shaft is pretty good. But not my fav. Makes me wonder more about the iron shafts that I really really wanted to try. Now I am wondering if I would like those. 

What iron shafts would those be?  Are you looking to make the switch from steel to graphite?  I'm coming from c-tapers and recoil protos and love the MMT.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

What iron shafts would those be?  Are you looking to make the switch from steel to graphite?  I'm coming from c-tapers and recoil protos and love the MMT.

That MMT. I would love to switch to graphite but it is really hard to try them in the weight and flex that I would want. Plus they are expensive to blind buying is a bit risky... 

I would love to try the MMT in 125 TX or the 110 recoil protos. Or something of that ilk..

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

2 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

That MMT. I would love to switch to graphite but it is really hard to try them in the weight and flex that I would want. Plus they are expensive to blind buying is a bit risky... 

I would love to try the MMT in 125 TX or the 110 recoil protos. Or something of that ilk..

I totally get you bro about wanting to test them out before you pull the trigger.  I have tested the $-taper shafts as well and can say that the MMT 125 TX is the most similar in terms of launch and spin.  Mid launch/mid-low spin.  Will not balloon on you even when you swing hard.  Great feel as well, not dead feeling or harsh. 

• Like 3

Got mine from the Shaft Store, shout out to Steve there.  Good guy to deal with for all high end shafts.

https://theshaftstore.com/

Ping G425 LST 9 Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec
Ping G425 LST 3 wood KBS TD Cat 4 
G 410 17 Hybrid KBS Proto 75X
PXG Gen2 0311T MMT 80
Vokey SM6 48F-50F-58L
Lajosi DD201

On 1/16/2021 at 4:45 PM, bcflyguy1 said:

I'd second that with the MMT in the The new Callaway Epic heads. I did end up with a TSi3 in 757 Speeder Evo TS which I'd say is another similar profile to the heavier MMT. 

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

1 hour ago, phizzy30 said:

I totally get you bro about wanting to test them out before you pull the trigger.  I have tested the $-taper shafts as well and can say that the MMT 125 TX is the most similar in terms of launch and spin.  Mid launch/mid-low spin.  Will not balloon on you even when you swing hard.  Great feel as well, not dead feeling or harsh. 

Thank You! This is exactly what I came in here looking for. Currently game the $Taper 130 and love the window the ball comes out at. With a new set of NCW irons coming in the next 6 months I'm leaning towards the MMT 125 TX because they are pretty much the same price as $taper and the profile seems perfect 

#1: Titleist TSi3 9* - Ventus Black 6X 

#3: Titleist TSi3 15* - HZRDUS HC Yellow 75g 6.5

3H: Titleist TSi3 20* - Motore 8.8 X

I: National Custom Works CB/MB DW - MMT 125 TX

W: Titleist SM8 Raw 56.14F & 60.14K - TT X100 TI Black Onyx

P: SC Newport 2 Centershafted P r o t o t y p e

has anybody hit the Diamana x'17 and can compare it to the MMT driver shaft?

Callaway Customs Rogue ST Max LS @ 9.5 - LAGP Bryson Series 65-4

PING G430 LST 3W - LAGP Bryson Series 75-4

Callaway Apex UW 21° - LAGP Bryson Series 75-4
PING i210 4-U - Recoil Prototype Customs 95 F4
Artisan 54°, 58° - Recoil Prototype 95 F4
Artisan 0418 putter

Chrome Tour, Z-Grip+2, really weird full alligator Vokey stand bag that I've never seen pictures of on the internet

On 2/14/2021 at 6:40 AM, JakeW13 said:

Patience.  Covid-19 had all but destroyed the Supply Chain for every manufacture; I mean that literally too.  That means components and materials from overseas if finished are getting hung-up in overseas customs or face distribution issues.  They also rely on distributors and wholesales which had been shut-down and just starting to open up.

I won't go into how lack of staffing has contributed to the collapse.  Many Chinese and Japanese manufacturing facilities were all but shut-down, and now are struggling to get production up.  However, they too struggle to get components and or materials so process or discrete manufacturing can resume.  As a CEO, every one of my friends and CEO colleagues that have manufacturing facilities are facing the same issues state-side.

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • Thanks 2
  • TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX 6.0 Wedge 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x, ProV1x or AVX

I had a 7 iron made up with the MMT125TX and couldn’t move the ball nearly as easily as the $ Tapers. $ Tapers were S+ tipped 1/2” so not really apples to apples. Dispersion with MMT 125TX was on a rope and they would be great if playing in wind all the time as the spin was super low. I think the 125S hard stepped will play like a true X flex shaft. The feeling of the MMT is like nothing else and feels like you smoother the ball when flushed. Ball speeds where incredible. I would suggest to anyone wanting to try them to build one club and test it before blind buying. All big box retailers and CC don’t even carry the 105 to test. Amazing that even Club Champion doesn’t have the heavier weighted shafts to test. Currently playing Steelfiber 125S and next set will be with MMT when I dial in make up. 125s straight in, 125S tipped 1/2”, 125S hard stepped, 125S tipped 1/2” and HS. 4 variations are worth it to dial these bad boys in. Crazy to see these picking up momentum with guys on tour. 

8 hours ago, Brooks Cupcake said:

Which MMT? 105 TX or the 125 TX

125 TX

35 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

125 TX

How would you compare your 130x C Taper experience against them?

in terms of feel, launch and spin (completely subjective, and I’m ok with that)

Based on my numbers, where would both say our numbers are similar and different in terms of attack, launch, spin and land angle?

1B671F66-F6C2-4259-BBB0-37AD0A3E0D9F.jpeg