2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

How could anyone be a fan of Patrick Reed?

JermWRX

1 minute ago, Ferguson said:

Jealous?  Get a book from Tony Robbins.   

I think the volunteers are good for golf.  

I volunteered once. A friend of mine couldn't understand why I paid to volunteer, but there was some prestige to it, being an out-of-towner and getting a volunteer position when I heard that people from nearby country clubs applied and couldn't get positions. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, landolakes said:

I disagree with playing lift clean and place..and I would also favor eliminating the embedded ball rule. ...don't like it just take an unplayable. If there is no relief from divots (and there should not be), an  embedded ball should garner no special treatment.

I actually like this as well as guys getting their hands on the ball always causes controversy. The tour doesn't want this however, they want to speed up play and lower scores. 

4 minutes ago, naylor said:

You shouldn't conflate playing winter rules and knowingly breaking a rule in competition. I've played tournaments before where guys were allowed to move their ball and there were always guys that would push the envelope. My opinion in all of this is the PGA tour has encroached on the golf course so much with towers and equipment that they have allowed these situations to happen with drops and letting guys put their hands on the ball. That slows play and therefore you have rule 16.4 that is being used by most of the field to get a drop when the lie is bad in the rough. There are a few guys that aren't doing it but in reality the tour knows it's happening and they're ok with it.

There are always guys that push the envelope, at all levels from the club to the tour - Human Nature. 

The tour knows what is happening?    There are players that understand the outermost limits of the rules.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, braincramp52 said:

I'd like to follow some these guys around work all day and every time they screwed up or lied to somebody I'd scream it to the world on twitter. It's just hypocrisy at its finest.

Not really a good comparison. The reality is some jobs include some additional level of scrutiny. If Reed wants to play high-level golf without the scrutiny there are options for that.

By the way in the modern world the list of jobs that come with a higher level a scrutiny where a lapse in judgement could cost you  your job and to be publicly embarrassed is pretty long. I suspect many that are critical of Reed are in such positions and not being hypocrites at all. 

Edited by 2bGood
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

Jealous?  Get a book from Tony Robbins.   

I think the volunteers are good for golf.  

LOL!  Not at all.  Cigars can give you lung cancer and lobster is mostly a bottom feeding insect.   The PGA should spread the wealth and hire a few more rules officials.   I bought one of their PGA shirts which is pretty nice.  Made in Lesotho.  I wonder what they pay the workers?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesotho

Significant levels of child labour exist in Lesotho, and the country is in the process of formulating an Action Program on the Elimination of Child Labor (APEC).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FakeClubPro said:

LOL!  Not at all.  Cigars can give you lung cancer and lobster is mostly a bottom feeding insect.   The PGA should spread the wealth and hire a few more rules officials.   I bought one of their PGA shirts which is pretty nice.  Made in Lesotho.  I wonder what they pay the workers?

Significant levels of child labour exist in Lesotho, and the country is in the process of formulating an Action Program on the Elimination of Child Labor (APEC).

Child Labour has entered the the thread😁 - that guy for Germany with the little moustache can't be far off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, FakeClubPro said:

Gotcha.

15 minutes ago, 2bGood said:

Not really a good comparison. The reality is some jobs include some additional level of scrutiny. If Reed wants to play high-level golf without the scrutiny there are options for that.

By the way in the modern world the list of jobs that come with a higher level a scrutiny where a lapse in judgement could cost you  your job and to be publicly embarrassed is pretty long. I suspect many that are critical of Reed are in such positions and no be hypocrites at all. 

I'm not sure there's a whole lot of thought goes into it. Reed's a easy guy to pile on. Sometimes it's well deserved and sometimes it's not. 

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

2 minutes ago, stingerfade said:

If you say so.

I'm the same as everybody else here. No facts, just opinion. 🙂

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Remember reading over the years surveys of players and caddies being asked about cheating on Tour. Paraphrasing here, it was 20% players said they witnessed it, caddies it was like 40%. Mostly it was crossing the hazard, wrong drops and fudging coin on the green stuff.

Point is this happens alot  more than we think and it happens when your livelihood is on the line for sure. Don't condone it, just don't see the point in crucifing Reed alone. H*ll, probably still guys around who hate that he Monday qualified 6 times at the start of his career too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

Old school , ? Who said anything about that ? 

sand wasn’t a bunker. You can address and ground the club on practice swings. 

improved lie how ? 

And  the swing vision Konica Minolta biz hub camera kostis is looking through is ancient.  

The quote was from "Old School" the movie. 

This how he improved his lie. 

Edited by ReidThompson

28 minutes ago, ReidThompson said:

The second vid shows something that happens thousands of times a year on tour and has been going on on tour since the 🦖 

I was suprised to learn it’s totally legal the GROUND your club in the rough as long as the pressure is not greater than what would be exerted by the weight of the club. 

The sand thing was definitely cheating I think though. 

36 minutes ago, ReidThompson said:

We covered this at length when it happened.  I posted 10 or sft o videos of other pros grounding their clubs in the rough.  Seve , player and bubba Watson being the ones I recall as repeat offenders. It perfectly legal , ethical , and  common.  On any course , in any place on earth. 

• Like 3

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, naylor said:

I actually like this as well as guys getting their hands on the ball always causes controversy. The tour doesn't want this however, they want to speed up play and lower scores. 

While I agree you should get relief from divots in the fairway, it has nothing in common with an embedded ball. An embedded ball is literally unplayable. A ball in a divot can played 9999 times out of 10000.

45 minutes ago, dlygrisse said:

Apparently.   

Hey, in the end I am just in search of the truth, whether it's politics, a rules decision in golf, or world events.  One thing I have learned to be an absolute fact this last year is, if you want the truth, don't listen to the TV, or most media outlets.  The truth is NOT their job.  

Your search for "truth" is a fool's errand. Rather than searching for truth, I suggest you get comfortable with the idea that there is little truth to be found. The P. Reed situation is a wonderful example of this. 

Beyond this, the media, in general, has never really been about "finding truth." Your recent epiphany is something that people have recognized for centuries. As such, there used to be laws in place in the U.S. (and they still exist in other countries) intended to force the media to provide balance in their news reporting.

The problem isn't that the media or the government "lies." They've always done that. The problem is people who naively think that they don't or somehow didn't sometime in the past. 

In the end, anyone who's offering clean, neat, simple answers is lying to you. 

• Like 1

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

2 minutes ago, jholz said:

Your search for "truth" is a fool's errand. Rather than searching for truth, I suggest you get comfortable with the idea that there is little truth to be found. The P. Reed situation is a wonderful example of this. 

Beyond this, the media, in general, has never really been about "finding truth." Your recent epiphany is something that people have recognized for centuries. As such, there used to be laws in place in the U.S. (and they still exist in other countries) intended to force the media to provide balance in their news reporting.

The problem isn't that the media or the government "lies." They've always done that. The problem is people who naively think that they don't or somehow didn't sometime in the past. 

In the end, anyone who's offering clean, neat, simple answers is lying to you. 

The search isn't a fool's errand, as we should always strive for it, even if the road is long and winding.  Do I expect to ever find it, for all matters?  No.  It's the quest that we should stay vigilant about.  So no, I will never be comfortable with being lied to, that's what sheep do.  

I didn't really have an epiphany in that it never occurred to me, it just got hammered home, the sheer scope of it was an epiphany I guess.

Totally agree with you about the govt. lying.  

Yes the truth is often complicated.  

It's not even that they overtly lie most of the time, it's that they are always creating a narrative to suit their own agenda.  They have the power of the having millions of eyes and ears on them, so what I am seeing is that the media created this controversy, so they could have a controversy to talk about, create buzz during the middle of a boring golf tournament that 99% of the people in the world don't care about.  

It's about clicks and views and ratings.  

• Like 3

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

1 hour ago, braincramp52 said:

I'm not sure there's a whole lot of thought goes into it. Reed's a easy guy to pile on. Sometimes it's well deserved and sometimes it's not. 

Should there be allot of thought? Serous question.

The money involved in the PGA tour is not because they are great golfers, but because the product is great entertainment. I watch sports for pleasure, when a I 'boo' a player I don't like and 'cheer' a play I do, should I be expected to put thought into it?

Edited by 2bGood
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

The editorial process on what was actually “printed” was far more professional decades ago as far as actual reputable news organizations go.

Take Woodward and Bernstein, they may have been left leaning and wanted to take down Nixon. But, the WP Editors shot down practically all the initial stories that W&B wanted to print because of lack of confirmation. 

All the Presidents men, besides an amazing timeline and detailed account of all the players In Watergate, really shows the difference between journalism then vs now. 

The shift is that back then media outlets controlled the news. Now they don't as rumour is shared world wide instantly. Journalism is in a tough place as by the time they have the research done and proper confirmation, the story is old news. 

Edited by 2bGood
  • Like 3