Bryson says Cobra Drivers suck, Cobra compares Bryson to Temper Tantrum throwing 8 year old

nosedive32

43 minutes ago, tsecor said:

for all the haters out there crapping on Dechambeaus education, google is probably your best friend RN

I dont have to like the guy to repsect his education and how he has applied his love of Physics and Geometry to the game he loves

Most of you guys crapping on his education are probably working for Target or Home Depot.   If thats what you choose do do, great...but crapping on a guy for being educated and applying his education into something he loves is basically living a dream.   I am not a Dechambeau fan but you guys crapping on him being a scientist is low key classless. 

Look at B. Dechanbeau - Physics

Golf is an expensive game.  Target and Home Depot don't pay enough.  I would wager 95% of these boards are white collar and mostly middle aged.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nikegal said:

You're correct as it is a little more than twice that number. The actual cost of a pro-line driver is $95-100, with the head costing $75-80 of that, haha. 🙂 Madison

For the head only.  How much do they pay the engineers and techs to work with him to customize the clubs specifically for his desires?  The cost of the club heads is the cheap part.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, forrester_fire said:

Golf is an expensive game.  Target and Home Depot don't pay enough.  I would wager 95% of these boards are white collar and mostly middle aged.

Golf isn’t cheap, but once you get a set of clubs (could be used) it can be played fairly inexpensively. Who knows. I’d wager 95% is high. I can recall reading posts here with people saying they were mechanics, truck drivers, lineman, groundskeepers… etc. But yeah, a majority are probably middle aged + and don’t get dirty at work. 

1 minute ago, CaseyC said:

From his personal website

https://brysondechambeau.com/about/individuality

Bryson was born September 16, 1993, in Modesto, CA. From a young age, he found his love of golf and, after graduating with a degree in Physics from Southern Methodist University,

Lol, zero surprise it says that on his website but it’s 100% not true. It is, quite literally, a lie. Just like “I yell fore 99% of the time.”

• Like 4

Just now, TiScape said:

Golf isn’t cheap, but once you get a set of clubs (could be used) it can be played fairly inexpensively. Who knows. I’d wager 95% is high. I can recall reading posts here with people saying they were mechanics, truck drivers, lineman, groundskeepers… etc. But yeah, a majority are probably middle aged + and don’t get dirty at work

Hey now......phones and keyboards are dirtier than toilet seats.....and I'm sure there are all kinds of germs on the water cooler.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Laznasty said:

0CCCF37C-C41C-493A-B41C-786AEB18C231.jpeg

Justin is less than a year removed from saying something foolish and having it cost him.  Perhaps he should empathize with Bryson instead of criticize.

• Like 4

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 8.5° A-1 setting Graphite Design YS-6+ 65g stiff

Wood:  Titleist 980F 17° Aldila NV stiff

Hybrid: Titleist 909H 21° Aldila Voodoo stiff 

Irons:  Titleist 716 AP2 4- W  DG AMT S300

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7  54°,  58° DG S200

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot #1 Tour

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

22 minutes ago, forrester_fire said:

You really see the other OEMs tripping over themselves to invest the capital in one-length irons and wedges?  How much attention will his equipment needs require from techs that will ultimately take away from their other staffers?  You think DJ, Rory, et al are going to be happy if the Taylormade tour van is spending an inordinate amount of time on his bag vs. theirs?

Yes, probably the most influential player on tour sans Tiger as far as equipment goes. 

OEM’s would be working like hell on anything he wants in order to get their driver in the bag of the longest player on tour. 

SIM 8* Ventus Black 7x
Ping G25 3 wood Diamana D+ X

NLU 18* DI Ventus Black 10X
Muira 1957 4-PW X100 120
Vokey SM8 M 50*/Vokey SM4 S 56*/Vokey SM8 T 60*
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 35” 
Tour BX S

4 minutes ago, Old Tom Morris said:

Justin is less than a year removed from saying something foolish and having it cost him.  Perhaps he should empathize with Bryson instead of criticize.

Justin didn’t say what he said at a press conference. Out playing and it was picked up by the mics. I’m not giving the guy a pass, but definitely a difference. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I needed any other reason to root against this guy...

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

45 minutes ago, gvogel said:

I had a chance to talk to Sam in the clubhouse at the Lower Cascades - back in the late 1970's - and he told me the story of the Izette driver.  He said he got about 50 each year from Wilson, and he would hit them, and he was lucky if he liked one of them.  But he sold them to guys who would go to him for lessons, and wanted to play the same driver that Sam played.

I took lessons from a pro in Buffalo who sold a lot of George Izette golf clubs, BTW.

Yes, it was hilarious when Sam would go to Richard's club, where Pete was the retired HP, and Sam would have 10-15 Staff drivers in his trunk and he would sell most of them to the members, hahaha. He would always save some for the drive back home because he was always ran into guys that recognized him and wanted to talk and if he took a liking to them, he'd sell them a driver for $100, haha. He used to take so much h pride in the fact that he could pay for his whole trip from his home to Pgh, meals, gas, any other expenses, and have money left over from selling those godforsaken drivers😂 I have a few Penna drivers that he signed and gave to me, as does Richard. Richard also has an Izette that Sam gave to Pete because he didn't like the shaft and Pete gave it to Richard. Richard, who never asked anyone for an autograph, asked Pete to sign it with Sam was in the next room and he sort of took umbrage that Richard did not ask him to sign it, as it was originally his driver and he was Sam Snead, hahaha. That is EXACTLY why Richard did that😂. Though I did not know Richard when that occurred, when Pete told me the story, I knew exactly why Richard did what he did, because as much time as Richard spent with Sam, and it was a lot, he never asked him for an autograph and that sort of bugged Sam, hahaha. He mentioned it more than once. The only other autograph that Richard has of a golfer is Mr. Palmer's that I got on Richard's 8802, shortly before Mr. Palmer's passing when they both were in Shadyside hospital. Hahaha, I'm beginning to ramble on like Richard. Bye:) Madison

Edited by nikegal

3 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Justin didn’t say what he said at a press conference. Out playing and it was picked up by the mics. I’m not giving the guy a pass, but definitely a difference. 

Not really much of a difference.  Both uttered a regrettable sentiment.  Justin knew his utterance COULD possibly be heard by others or picked up by a microphone.  Bryson’s knew his utterance WOULD definitely be heard by others.  Justin’s was hurtful and less forgivable.  Bryson’s was an embarrassing remark that affects his own business relationship with a sponsor.

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 8.5° A-1 setting Graphite Design YS-6+ 65g stiff

Wood:  Titleist 980F 17° Aldila NV stiff

Hybrid: Titleist 909H 21° Aldila Voodoo stiff 

Irons:  Titleist 716 AP2 4- W  DG AMT S300

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7  54°,  58° DG S200

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot #1 Tour

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

I wonder if he was pressured to move to the new head and that's part of his frustration. He seemed to be driving the absolute bejesus out of the ball with that older LTD head.

• Thanks 2

Driver: TSR3 10.0* | Accra Tour Z RPG 472 45"

5 Wood: SIM Max 18.5* | Mitsubishi MMT 85TX

2i: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* | KBS Prototype 95X

3i: Ping i59 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Callaway TCB Raw | Project X 7.0
Wedges: 50&54&60: Cleveland CBX Zipcore | Project X 6.5
Putter: Cobra Vintage Sport-60

30 minutes ago, forrester_fire said:

For the head only.  How much do they pay the engineers and techs to work with him to customize the clubs specifically for his desires?  The cost of the club heads is the cheap part.

I broke that down in another post, and the on-site Tour vans are another category comes out of profit:) Madison

• Like 1

Just now, TiScape said:

JT got dropped by a sponsor for something he said and went to a “re-education course” lol.
Talk about a spineless guy living in a glass house. 

SIM 8* Ventus Black 7x

Muira 1957 4-PW X100 120
Tour BX S

3 minutes ago, JakeW13 said:

I wonder if he was pressured to move to the new head and that's part of his frustration. He seemed to be driving the absolute bejesus out of the ball with that older LTD head.

I think this is where the frustration is coming from. He obviously wants something less fade bias and that’s not the direction cobra has gone. 

It would be really interesting to see what driver he comes up with if he could play anything.

• Like 1

SIM 8* Ventus Black 7x

Muira 1957 4-PW X100 120
Tour BX S

18 minutes ago, CaseyC said:

Can you provide any links to support that he didn't graduate?

It's exactly as I said earlier.  He left school a year early when the NCAA sanctioned SMU's golf program.  He went to SMU for three years.  This is common knowledge among anyone who's followed high level amateur golf over the last little while. 

And something tells me that if he had been chipping away at community college night classes over the last five years to ACTAULLY earn a degree--all while playing full time on tour--we never would've heard the end of it from the big boi himself.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jmck said:

It's exactly as I said earlier.  He left school a year early when the NCAA sanctioned SMU's golf program.  He went to SMU for three years.  This is common knowledge among anyone who's followed high level amateur golf over the last little while. 

And something tells me that if he had been chipping away at community college night classes over the last five years to ACTAULLY earn a degree--all while playing full time on tour--we never would've heard the end of it from the big boi himself.

Maybe or probably he has an A.S. in physics.