2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Bryson says Cobra Drivers suck, Cobra compares Bryson to Temper Tantrum throwing 8 year old

nosedive32

3 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Unconventional and innovative use of guerrilla warfare at Trenton, a major engagement, not some skirmish, altered the course of the Revolution and of history.

Washington devised the strategy, tactics, and led the action himself. 

I might disagree with that. Morale was waning, Washington was creative, atypical for that time perhaps, but not really innovative in the strictest sense, when I think of innovation, I think of something new. Attacking someone in the morning hours or at night isn’t really new. It’s really simply an extension of the Fabian strategy used against Hannibal. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 driver AV Raw White 65g 

Titleist TSi3 3W AV Raw White 65g

Titleist TSi3 3H  AV Raw HY 75g

PXG Gen 5, 0311T 6-AW, 0311P 4-5

Taylormade MG4 54*

Taylormade MG4 58*

Argolf Putter

Vice Pro-Soft balls

1 hour ago, physasst said:

He listed him as a great innovator. I don’t think of Washington that way. Great leader yes, but they aren’t the same thing. 

Great leaders are great leaders because they are geniuses.  It's not just being about book smart. There is also business smart and street smart.  GW was a freaking genius.  Most of the founding fathers were freaking geniuses.  

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

10 hours ago, Fairway14 said:

I believe Cobra club sales would improve if the company produced solid looking  basic designs instead of the complicated looking stuff.

I wandered over to their website to see what they were offering.  23 driver models which did include juniors too.  Their best looking irons are the Rickie models though I am not crazy about the copper color.  I have always been drawn to simple designs that look similar from mb to cb to gi so you can create combo sets that blend together.  Srixon does a good job doing that I think.

7 minutes ago, smashdn said:

I wandered over to their website to see what they were offering.  23 driver models which did include juniors too.  Their best looking irons are the Rickie models though I am not crazy about the copper color.  I have always been drawn to simple designs that look similar from mb to cb to gi so you can create combo sets that blend together.  Srixon does a good job doing that I think.

I've never been a fan of combo iron sets. For my game it seems 5-iron thru wedge all the same is fine (relatively small head cavity back design).

For the 4-iron or 3-iron I would hit a large head iron on a higher trajectory than the long irons which match my set, so I do understand why some guys like combo sets. But for me a 4 and 3 hybrid is easier to hit on a high trajectory, and more playable from less than ideal lies,  than any large head iron.

• Like 1

Cleveland TL310 10.5* driver

Cleveland HB Launcher 15* 3-wood

Srixon H65  19* 3 hybrid and 22* 4 hybrid

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

8 hours ago, mosesgolf said:

Great leaders are great leaders because they are geniuses.  It's not just being about book smart. There is also business smart and street smart.  GW was a freaking genius.  Most of the founding fathers were freaking geniuses.  

I think you are conflating being smart with being innovative. You are making the same mistake Bryson is. Agreed on the FF. I was always fascinated most with Jefferson and Franklin because of their inclination towards science and invention, although Jefferson is likely the most enigmatic of all of them. While my training has all been in science, and my research is primarily focused on provider behavior and spinal care, I was always fascinated with the revolutionary period, and have read and continue to read basically any book I can get on the subject. Currently reading 19th century author GW Williams "History of the Negro Race in America" detailing African American participation in the Revolution.  

Taylormade MG4 54*

Taylormade MG4 58*

Argolf Putter

Vice Pro-Soft balls

2 hours ago, Fairway14 said:

I've never been a fan of combo iron sets. For my game it seems 5-iron thru wedge all the same is fine (relatively small head cavity back design).

For the 4-iron or 3-iron I would hit a large head iron on a higher trajectory than the long irons which match my set, so I do understand why some guys like combo sets. But for me a 4 and 3 hybrid is easier to hit on a high trajectory, and more playable from less than ideal lies,  than any large head iron.

It isn't so much that I like combo sets per se but rather that I think it desirable that you don't have super disparate designs in your iron offerings (save for perhaps SGI sets) so that if you were inclined to buy a la cart and create a combo set your irons would look, and theoretically, behave similarly.  Same deal with driving irons.  I kind of feel like they should be an extension of the set in looks.  Bag appeal sort of.

I have never had a combo set but am intrigued by the idea that I could more easily flight down a mb short iron than the cb's I play.  I could also use a little more forgiveness on the very upper end of the bag.  I still use my set's 3i as I like to drive with it and play it off the fairway on tight lies as opposed to my 3 wood at times.  It is also easier to work than the 3w.

8 minutes ago, physasst said:

I think you are conflating being smart with being innovative. You are making the same mistake Bryson is. Agreed on the FF. I was always fascinated most with Jefferson and Franklin because of their inclination towards science and invention, although Jefferson is likely the most enigmatic of all of them. While my training has all been in science, and my research is primarily focused on provider behavior and spinal care, I was always fascinated with the revolutionary period, and have read and continue to read basically any book I can get on the subject. Currently reading 19th century author GW Williams "History of the Negro Race in America" detailing African American participation in the Revolution.  

I actually live within spitting distance of Monticello, along with Monroe and Madison's places.  It's fascinating to see their respective houses; they really exemplify their personalities.  Monroe's place is, while obviously upper class for the time, very practical, agrarian.  Madison's place is significantly grander, built for entertaining dignitaries.  And Jefferson's place is just CRAZY.  Hard to describe if you haven't seen it, but it's clearly, obviously the work of a mad genius.  I mean it's just WILDLY off the wall compared to the other two.  The other two follow precedent and they're still building in the same styles today, whereas Jefferson's place is just totally, completely singular. 

Madison largely wrote the Federalist Papers and Jefferson largely wrote the Constitution (yes, both had many authors, but if you want to distill them down to one person I'd stand behind that statement).  And, while both brilliant IMO, both of them were leaning pretty heavily on the Greeks and Romans.  You can trace their thoughts through their education, and most of what's in the Federalist Papers and Constitution isn't particularly wild.  Compared to his private musings, Jefferson toned things down significantly to get that document ratified, and of course it was still touch and go to do so--and while the Federalist Paper are no doubt brilliant there's not all that much new ground broken within them.  

Now if you want to talk free thinkers, yes I would absolutely put Jefferson and Ben Franklin in that category, along with Thomas Paine, who for some reason hasn't yet been mentioned.  The thing that Paine and Franklin have in common is their lack of formal education.  They both grew up too poor to get the education that Jefferson, Madison, Monroe and almost all of the other founding fathers got.  So while Paine wasn't the inventor that Franklin was, you can see a similar radicalness in their thoughts and writings.  Hard to understate how brilliant both of them were, both with comparatively little knowledge of the Greco-Roman stuff that made up an education in those days.  Jefferson, as ever, was just a complete outlier.  A crazy man, several notches beyond brilliant.  Franklin might've invented stuff we're still using today, but if you take a walk through Jefferson's house you'll see what an incorrigible tinkerer he was.  He was a very free thinker, though I don't think it fully comes across in his formal writings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jmck said:

I actually live within spitting distance of Monticello, along with Monroe and Madison's places.  It's fascinating to see their respective houses; they really exemplify their personalities.  Monroe's place is, while obviously upper class for the time, very practical, agrarian.  Madison's place is significantly grander, built for entertaining dignitaries.  And Jefferson's place is just CRAZY.  Hard to describe if you haven't seen it, but it's clearly, obviously the work of a mad genius.  I mean it's just WILDLY off the wall compared to the other two.  The other two follow precedent and they're still building in the same styles today, whereas Jefferson's place is just totally, completely singular. 

Madison largely wrote the Federalist Papers and Jefferson largely wrote the Constitution (yes, both had many authors, but if you want to distill them down to one person I'd stand behind that statement).  And, while both brilliant IMO, both of them were leaning pretty heavily on the Greeks and Romans.  You can trace their thoughts through their education, and most of what's in the Federalist Papers and Constitution isn't particularly wild.  Compared to his private musings, Jefferson toned things down significantly to get that document ratified, and of course it was still touch and go to do so--and while the Federalist Paper are no doubt brilliant there's not all that much new ground broken within them.  

Now if you want to talk free thinkers, yes I would absolutely put Jefferson and Ben Franklin in that category, along with Thomas Paine, who for some reason hasn't yet been mentioned.  The thing that Paine and Franklin have in common is their lack of formal education.  They both grew up too poor to get the education that Jefferson, Madison, Monroe and almost all of the other founding fathers got.  So while Paine wasn't the inventor that Franklin was, you can see a similar radicalness in their thoughts and writings.  Hard to understate how brilliant both of them were, both with comparatively little knowledge of the Greco-Roman stuff that made up an education in those days.  Jefferson, as ever, was just a complete outlier.  A crazy man, several notches beyond brilliant.  Franklin might've invented stuff we're still using today, but if you take a walk through Jefferson's house you'll see what an incorrigible tinkerer he was.  He was a very free thinker, though I don't think it fully comes across in his formal writings.

Yes, Jefferson was quite an enigma. He condemned slavery, but owned slaves, he bristled at federal government power and the whole concept of a President, yet became our 3rd President. He railed against executive power and was a strict Constitutionalist, but while President completed the largest government purchase/expenditure at that time, the Louisiana Purchase, without Congressional approval, only approaching Congress to ratify and fund the purchase AFTER it was completed. He's a complete study in and of himself and I find him fascinating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Taylormade MG4 54*

Taylormade MG4 58*

Argolf Putter

Vice Pro-Soft balls

17 minutes ago, jmck said:

I would just gently correct that Madison was the primary author of the Constitution, as Jefferson was in France at the time. Also, Hamilton was one of the main Federalist paper authors as Jefferson was not involved, although Jefferson is the primary author of the Declaration of Independence.  Fascinating men, all of them. Although if you want to talk about dislike, I think Jefferson hated Hamilton more than anyone else. I still suspect that Jefferson secretly encouraged Burr in his duel with Hamilton. Although, there is no evidence of that.

• Like 1

Taylormade MG4 54*

Taylormade MG4 58*

Argolf Putter

Vice Pro-Soft balls

17 minutes ago, physasst said:

I would just gently correct that Madison was the primary author of the Constitution, as Jefferson was in France at the time. Also, Hamilton was one of the main Federalist paper authors as Jefferson was not involved, although Jefferson is the primary author of the Declaration of Independence.  Fascinating men, all of them. Although if you want to talk about dislike, I think Jefferson hated Hamilton more than anyone else. I still suspect that Jefferson secretly encouraged Burr in his duel with Hamilton. Although, there is no evidence of that.

You're absolutely right re Constitution vs Declaration of Independence.  Total brain fart on my part.  I was also going to work in something about the VA Statute for Religious Freedom but I ran out of breath haha.

Anyway, I just can't say enough good things about TJ as we call him around here.  Enigma is an interesting way to describe him.  I think of him more as someone whose thinking was not just unusually brilliant but unusually broad and flexible.  And really, Monticello is a fantastic way to get a pulse on him, to get to know him a bit.  You go into Madison or Monroe's places and it's like they're totally interchangeable and could've easily belonged to any of the other founding fathers.  You go into Jefferson's place and it's like there's no way it could've belonged to anyone else but him.  FWIW, they have a variety of virtual tour options.  Strongly recommend checking it out in person if you're ever passing through the area.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2021 at 4:53 PM, angler99 said:

I've never seen one-length irons on any course or driving range, or know of a single person that plays one-length irons.  I doubt I even know someone who knows someone that plays one-length irons. I'd be very curious to know what percentage of Cobra's sales are from one-length irons. Maybe I'd be very surprised on how well they sell, but I've never seen any in the wild. 

There is a guy in our league that has a Wishon set of one-length irons, called Sterling. In fact, Wishon himself has posted on GolfWRX. The guy in my league is in the top three every year. He is also an engineer, and has explained to me the reason he wanted to play the single length clubs is that it makes sense to him from a technical point of view. I haven’t seen his game before the move to single-length irons, but his irons are good. The best part of his game, however, is his driver and short game. The irons seemed really strange to me.

Does Wilco miss like Bryson?  Maybe its the swing.  Wilco hits it so far and it looks near effortless and yet Bryson looks like he is swinging 115%. Same goes for Cameron Champ.  

• Like 1

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

On 7/21/2021 at 7:09 PM, ExTrumpet said:

Cobra needs to dump him like a fat prom date.

They won't dump him, he will leave shortly after his contract is up

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

On 7/21/2021 at 8:17 AM, mosesgolf said:

Does Wilco miss like Bryson?  Maybe its the swing.  Wilco hits it so far and it looks near effortless and yet Bryson looks like he is swinging 115%. Same goes for Cameron Champ.  

Who is Wilco?

Cleveland TL310 10.5* driver

Cleveland HB Launcher 15* 3-wood

Srixon H65  19* 3 hybrid and 22* 4 hybrid

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

On 7/18/2021 at 4:49 PM, mosesgolf said:

Bomb and gouge is fine at Phoenix, Palm Springs, Hawaii etc.  Majors, TPC and WGC''s lets play some golf where precision is more rewarded than hitting a 360 yard drive into rough wedge to green.   Let the guys show off their short game and putting prowess.  The last thing I want to see now is Bryson golf.  Collin, Rahm, Spieth golf is most exhilarating.    KEEP GROWING THAT ROUGH. 

Yeah man! Let’s see him prove it at place like Winged Foot!

SIM 8* Ventus Black 7x
Ping G25 3 wood Diamana D+ X

NLU 18* DI Ventus Black 10X
Muira 1957 4-PW X100 120
Vokey SM8 M 50*/Vokey SM4 S 56*/Vokey SM8 T 60*
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 35” 
Tour BX S

OH, like none of us have ever said our clubs suck.   C'mon virtue signalers, you're not perfect either.   

• Confused 1
Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

Fowler sort of chimes in.

https://www.golfwrx.com/657506/rickie-fowler-is-the-next-in-line-to-aim-subtle-dig-at-bryson/

DeChambeau infamously blasted his Cobra driver, saying “it sucks,” which prompted Cobra rep, Ben Schomin, to respond, “It’s really painful when he says something that stupid.” Discussing his Thursday round with the media, Fowler commented on how pleased he was with his efforts off the tee.

“That was something that was kind of holding me back from making birdies, moving forward last week. I drove it very poorly Friday and Saturday. It was not my driver’s fault. Had to.”

Edited by grm24
  • Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 6:07 PM, Creedo77 said:

Just been hearing more and more of it in the pro golf world. 

^^^^ trusted source for the latest news in the pro golf world… 😂

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

TAYLORMADE Stealth 3HL & 7W

TAYLORMADE  Stealth 22* & 25*

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 54-12

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 58-10

SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 5.5

On 7/15/2021 at 11:31 PM, woodriff said:

Let’s see if he hits his driver tomorrow. I watched the early hours again and Faldo this time was right on the money. If the driver is off on a day, put the damn ball in the fairway. Any 10 handicapper knows if he doesn’t have the stuff with the driver he might back down to a 3 or 5 wood, or long hybrid. 
BD mismanaged the golf course. Didn’t respect the rough, and hit some terrible pitches. His driver swing failed time after time, and he wouldn’t accept it. Maybe he learned something. Not sure.

The golf course won. There is nothing wrong with his driver. Courses are littered with bones of The Golfing Machine. You cannot fit your 200 mph swing into a course that will not accept it. 

If Bryson knew as much about golf as you apparently do… he might be able to win a US Open one day.

Oh, wait….

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

On 7/16/2021 at 11:09 AM, Laznasty said:

0CCCF37C-C41C-493A-B41C-786AEB18C231.jpeg

Justin Thomas calling out someone for saying something stupid.

#priceless

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

3 minutes ago, golfortennis said:

You get paid to play your clubs?

Don't bite hand that feeds you.  

• Like 3

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

"don't bite the hand that feeds", right ?

For such a smart guy, he really struggles with real life things. He's definately up there on the spectrum. I saw his introduction into Youtube on the GM golf and good good pages and he's really like a little kid showing off. He's got some good ideas and a modern approach to the game, even winning, however, i don't think he has the right mindset to last on tour.

I feel a little  embarrassed when I heard he shunned the gear on social media, only to retract it like a half day later. He's trying to break world swing records with regular equipment. Need to decide whether to go long drive direction, or play "normal golf". There are a lot of other players out there who can compete in distance without swinging out their shoes or blaming their equipment.

Cobra make such good irons and drivers, it's a shame they don't have many ambassadors to grow the brand further. Maybe Bryson isn't really helping them in this direction.

• Like 1

TM Mini Brnr 9* Attas 6Rockstar 7X

TM Mini Brnr 11.5* Attas 6Rockstar 7X

Callaway Rogue Max 5W Attas 6Rockstar 6X

Edel SMS Pro 5-P, One Length (8i) Fujikura TRAVIL 115 X

RC SG-10 wedges 50, 54, 58, 62 One Length (PW) Fujikura TRAVIL 115 X

All sorts of Toulon blade putters.

XXIO premium ball.