TaylorMade Rescue 11 TP (16°) - Aldila RIP 85X

Titleist U500 (2) - Fujikura ATMOS TS Black 95X

Titleist 620CB (3-6) - True Temper Dynamic Gold X100

Titleist 620MB (7-9) - True Temper Dynamic Gold X100

Titleist Vokey SM8 (48.10F, 54.12D, 60.12D) - True Temper Dynamic Gold X100

Taylormade Spider X #3

Titleist ProV1x

6 hours ago, Drivingrangehero said:

How do you find the Tacki-Mac quality of grips. 

I like the Royal STS Cord or the old GP Tour Velvet cord, but I have seen some Tacki- Mac Tour Select Cord for a fair price 🤔 

I always found them to be a great quality for the price--- I have one set of Tour Pros that have been on a set of FC-4000 irons for more than 10 years-- True those are not my front line sticks but when I do drag them out all I have to do is clean them up some and they seem fine. The Royal Grips are not bad either-- I have quite a few Vintage Putters with the old Royal Cord putter grips on them

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

3 hours ago, Robert L. said:

Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips on all my clubs. However, I do miss the older Tour Wrap grips that Golf Pride used to make. They felt great and lasted forever.

I know the Tour Wraps you are talking about and you are 100% correct-- I also liked the cord version of that grip too

• Like 1

I am not big on equipment change, only if there's a valid reason. 

Since taking up this crazy game essentially I've only used 3 grips.  Tried a few others along the way but always switched back to GP standard Tour Velvet "R" + 4 wraps, and that lasted for 25+yrs. 

Some years back I changed to GP CP2 Pro + 3 wraps on Driver, 4wd, PW, SW & LW, because these clubs are the ones I often change grip position for certain shots, and I put MCC Align + 4 wraps on the rest of my irons, and don't change grip position on those.

These grips last about 6+ months, depending on how frequently I play and weather.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

Right now I use standard Z-Cords.

But this thread has piqued my interest in BestGrips. Especially the green Augusta edition they apparently release every spring. I get really sweaty hands. I keep a baseball pitcher-style rosin bag in my golf bag in the summer, and it helps, but when it's 97 degrees and humid, it is what it is. Something that's tacky, handles heat and moisture and rain well, but doesn't shred my hands the way my Z-Cords do, would be pretty great. I've emailed Zach a couple of questions and he's been responsive and kind; I'm gonna order a couple to test out over the winter, and if all goes well, might jump on the Augusta editions in the spring for a full set.

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

Lamkin Crossline Cords. I play without a glove, and over 100 rounds per year, and I switch them out about every 3 seasons. They last forever, and you can refresh them a bit with some sandpaper. I just bought a fresh 13 through my club, and they are now $18 per grip (Canadian). That is getting a bit crazy, but I can’t use anything else.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 Max

Fairway: Ping G425 Max

Hybrid: Adams Pro Black

Irons (5 to U): Ping I525

Wedges (56, 60): Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth

Putter: Bettinardi BB5

2 hours ago, HackerDad78 said:

Will have to take those for a test drive too.  Had the first gen Iomics and loved them, but shredded them pretty quickly, and they were costly when they were first introduced!

To be fair they are still costly! That said, they last at least twice as long as Golf Prides, if not longer, so it's worth the upfront cost imo. 

Also, they are easy to maintain. Scrub them with some hot soapy water and dry them with a towel and they come up feeling like new. 

Edited by MMB1500

2 hours ago, HackerDad78 said:

Are those from Pure? Or a different brand? 

They are a Japanese stand-alone company and not associated with PURE as far as I've been told.

http://www.nowon-no1grip.com/concept/index3_e.html

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

I have MCC Plu4 standard on all my clubs aside from my putter. I think they're great.

The grips have fewer than 5 rounds on them so they're not due for replacement any time soon - maybe in 12 months or so I'll try some Grip Master grips of some description.

Titleist TSi3 9*          | Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65TX

Titleist 2021 T200 2 iron | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 100X

Titleist 2021 T200 3 iron | KBS Tour 130X

Titleist 2021 T100S 4-PW  | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 50.08F          | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 56.08M, 62.08M  | Dynamic Gold S400

LAB Golf DF 2.1 Custom    | Accra x LAB

I tried these budget grips from Amazon because I was in a pinch and needed a set of midsize in 2 days.  They were $27 for 13 grips.  They feel exactly like Iomic compound.  They have been and are currently all the clubs.  They have been through 10-15 rounds and you would never know.  Extremely comfortable, durable.  I actually love these grips.  Better than a lot of high end brands I've played.

Kingrasp.jpg.f1fd028a3ca96edc989e6865bdff23cc.jpg

• Thanks 1

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

2015 Adams Tight Lies 22° 7 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Irons:  2016 Nike Vapor Fly 4-AW   

Wedges:  2017 Cleveland CBX 56°& 60°wedge              
Shafts:  Matrix Ozik Program F15 85S Graphite Shafts 4i - 60°

Grips:   Superstroke S-Tech + 2 Wraps
Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

9 hours ago, HackerDad78 said:

How is the durability? They look similar to Iomic, but that's judging from photos. 

I haven’t tried the Iomics yet, so I can’t compare them. I happened to try the Pure Pro during a fitting. I don’t play as frequently as others, but try to play 1-2 rounds a week and try to hit the range once a week. I’ve had them since ~November 2020 and they’re still holding up fine. I try to clean my clubs and grips 2-4 times a month.

I bought some extra grips in June and you could definitely feel a difference after ~7 months of usage, but I feel like there is still some good life remaining. It’s been a year now, but I don’t feel like I need to replace them yet. I’m not one to switch to new grips every season, but I could tell when my Tour Velvets were starting to get slick and not as tacky. I think the Tour Velvets may last longer in the long run, but I’m pretty satisfied with the life of the Pure Pro’s so far. I would be willing to replace them more often since I like the softer feel.

I tried a NDMC grip on one of my drivers and while it provided good grip, I felt like it didn’t last very long and was more firm compared to the Tour Velvet feel I liked. I would say that the Pure Pro’s lasted longer than my NDMC, but I think the Tour Velvets will last a little longer. I hope that helps.

8 hours ago, Mako J said:

Am I the only Avon Chamois guy left?

Not really If I am thinking correctly we had a discussion somewhere in the Classics Forum the other night on those grips.

I've become a big fan of leather.  I'm using GripMaster grips, but would have zero issue using Best Grips Microperfs.

For someone who runs on the warm side in a moderately humid area, having the leathers on my clubs is amazing.  Grip on the club is so secure.

Wish I'd switched earlier.

Edited to add:  GripMasters in play are the Roo, Kidd, and Master Perforated.  I was initially not as impressed with the Kidd and Perforated both, but they've grown on me.   In a good way.

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

6 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

I've become a big fan of leather.  I'm using GripMaster grips, but would have zero issue using Best Grips Microperfs.

For someone who runs on the warm side in a moderately humid area, having the leathers on my clubs is amazing.  Grip on the club is so secure.

Wish I'd switched earlier.

Edited to add:  GripMasters in play are the Roo, Kidd, and Master Perforated.  I was initially not as impressed with the Kidd and Perforated both, but they've grown on me.   In a good way.

Question for you and other leather grip users: Do you actually go without gloves, as they say you can? 

And if so ... what's that like? Much wear and tear on your hands? Is the grip every bit as good as using a glove? 

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

44 minutes ago, eric61 said:

Question for you and other leather grip users: Do you actually go without gloves, as they say you can? 

And if so ... what's that like? Much wear and tear on your hands? Is the grip every bit as good as using a glove? 

I still use a glove, except maybe for some chipping around the green.  Just too accustomed to having that glove on, I guess.

• Like 2

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

9 hours ago, eric61 said:

I use Bestgrip Microperfs on all clubs (except putter), do not wear a glove or need one since switching to leather, and that's in Bangkok, Thailand - an average temp of 30.5 degC (87degF) and humidity from 60 to 80%.

Hands cope fine - if you do wear a leather glove with the Bestgrip the tack is outrageous and I don't need it in rain or shine.

• Thanks 1

"You must lash out with every limb, like the octopus who plays the drums." p. 134

20 hours ago, shoot4par said:

Not to make you and STU feel old but those were my dads favorites before discontinued. (The ones with the small gold golf pride lettering?) 

LOL bud you are not going to make me feel old because I know I am old and relish in it

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

I still use a glove, except maybe for some chipping around the green.  Just too accustomed to having that glove on, I guess.

You are like me in the back of your mind--- You have used a glove so long without it you tend to put too much pressure on the grip afraid the club will fly out of your hand.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

You are like me in the back of your mind--- You have used a glove so long without it you tend to put too much pressure on the grip afraid the club will fly out of your hand.

I'd have to include my baseball and softball days, also.  Not sure exactly when I started using a batting glove, but I'd guess it was in my early teens.

That's a lot of years.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1