2022 Callaway Rogue ST drivers (in-hand photos)

GolfWRX

1 hour ago, mikey6866 said:

When placing order you will see a note section when going through checkout.  If you put your tip trimming instructions there you will see when your order updates to "processing" they will add a field showing the tipping requested.  I use the notes since I order shorter than standard everything and I request stock swingweight in notes so they add weight to the head.

I ordered epic, rogue, epic flash, and mavirk all direct from Callaway all drivers -1" shorter than standard length.  All had weight added to head.  None had shaft weight ever.  Not sure where you are getting this info from.  

from my own personal experience ordering directly from Callaway and from what the sales rep told me as well.  I ordered each driver to play 44.5”.  Did you measure your head weight against a stock retail head or just measured swingweight of the club and assumed it was because they added weight to the head?

Titleist TS3 10.5 Kuro Kage DC 70 TX
Titleist TS2 3 Wood Evenflow 85
Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White
Titleist 718 AP3 KBS S Taper S+ 4 iron
Titleist 718 CB KBS S Taper S+ 5-9
Vokey Hand Ground by the Man himself 46F, 50F, 54K, 60V
Scotty Cameron Toolbox 009

1 hour ago, brushie said:

from my own personal experience ordering directly from Callaway and from what the sales rep told me as well.  I ordered each driver to play 44.5”.  Did you measure your head weight against a stock retail head or just measured swingweight of the club and assumed it was because they added weight to the head?

Not a driver but I just ordered the xforged ut with a tour ad di 95 and requested a heavier swingweight. It came with the stock weight plate 17g instead of the heavier one 22g. Was barely d1. Also ordered a Apex UW longer and they didn't swing weight it to stock, came in at d7. They left the stock 7 gram weight instead of using the 2 gram. I've found you have to be super specific and tell them which gram weight you want in order to get a certain swingweight.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* - Fuji Ventus Blue VeloCore+ 6X

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5* - Fuji Ventus Blue VeloCore+ 7X

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 💎💎💎 20* - PX Denali Blue 80TX

Ping G425 Max 23.5* - UST Attas T2 8X

Titleist TSR1 26* - Fuji Atmos Blue TS 8X

Srixon ZX7 6-9 - DG X100

Titleist SM9 46F & 50F - DG X100

Titleist SM9 55S & 60T - DG X7 "Spinners"

L.A.B. DF3 - TPT - Press II 3* Smooth / L.A.B. Link.1 - TPT - SS XL Tour 2.0

Srixon Z-Star 💎

13 hours ago, brushie said:

My gbb big Bertha, epic, and epic flash were what they called "animalized".  All those drivers came direct from Callaway with 2 sliding weights from factory when ordered straight from Callaway.  The rogue draw came with heavier weight in heel than stock.   My mav max came with 14 and 6 g weights instead of 14 and 2 like stock.  3 friends all ordered standard mavriks shorter than standard...all 3 had heavier weight in head.  Even in fwys if they have had weights that are ajustable Callaway has added weight to head.  If a club does not have adjustable weights then they will add to shaft but I've yet to see a single custom order that has adjustable weights in head where they haven't added weight to head.

I am interested to see what they do with the rogue st max line (drivers and fwy).  Since they dont have any weights other than the speed cartridge which they are unlikely to change.  Im curious if they are hot melting or adding shaft tip weight.  I ordered a rogue st max 3HL fairway so when I get it ill be able to find out since its getting an immediate shaft swap.  I ordered the MAX D driver for this exact reason so i knew i would get additional weight in head. 

Also wanted to add most all of my clubs have been taken apart several times so I'm able to verify with certainty no shaft tip weight in any of them that Ive had.  I had to take several adapters off the shafts as I've used green dot adapters to get to -2 on most of these drivers.  I didn't check epic flash or newer for shaft weight because I never used shaft ordered with club.  I've been using graphite design vr or diamana zf for the past few years so I just plug in my shaft after I weigh head after receiving.

Edited by mikey6866

4 hours ago, mikey6866 said:

My gbb big Bertha, epic, and epic flash were what they called "animalized".  All those drivers came direct from Callaway with 2 sliding weights from factory when ordered straight from Callaway.  The rogue draw came with heavier weight in heel than stock.   My mav max came with 14 and 6 g weights instead of 14 and 2 like stock.  3 friends all ordered standard mavriks shorter than standard...all 3 had heavier weight in head.  Even in fwys if they have had weights that are ajustable Callaway has added weight to head.  If a club does not have adjustable weights then they will add to shaft but I've yet to see a single custom order that has adjustable weights in head where they haven't added weight to head.

I am interested to see what they do with the rogue st max line (drivers and fwy).  Since they dont have any weights other than the speed cartridge which they are unlikely to change.  Im curious if they are hot melting or adding shaft tip weight.  I ordered a rogue st max 3HL fairway so when I get it ill be able to find out since its getting an immediate shaft swap.  I ordered the MAX D driver for this exact reason so i knew i would get additional weight in head. 

Also wanted to add most all of my clubs have been taken apart several times so I'm able to verify with certainty no shaft tip weight in any of them that Ive had.  I had to take several adapters off the shafts as I've used green dot adapters to get to -2 on most of these drivers.  I didn't check epic flash or newer for shaft weight because I never used shaft ordered with club.  I've been using graphite design vr or diamana zf for the past few years so I just plug in my shaft after I weigh head after receiving.

I have a Rogue ST TD LS coming so we'll see if they adjust the front weight.  

• Like 2

Not this time.  I didn't want a shaft weight so I figured I would just use lead tape, hot melt or change the front weight out if they didn't adjust anything.  In all my past orders I have requested specific swingweights with the Callaway sales rep.

14 minutes ago, elwhippy said:

Hit the 10.5 degree standard head tonight. Cold weather and range balls again. Easy to hit. Too high a flight and spun like mad. Another one off the list. 

I’m not a fast swinger or great driver if the golf ball, but the last couple of times I’ve tried a 10.5 head from Callaway I’ve only been able to hit moon balls with them. I’m currently playing a B21 9* at stated loft and it hits it plenty high enough even at 93-94 mph. 

I think the most recent design evolutions might have changed the conventional wisdom on slower swingers needing more loft. 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

27 minutes ago, jgreer1421 said:

The triple diamond is on the right.  Max LS on the left.  The triple diamond looks more like the speed, which for me coming from the Epic Max LS, I prefer the same Max LS this year.....

67EEBBAD-AB8B-4E8A-9E29-74F5CD1732BE.jpeg.740ec265450ec72842e77bb93b7ac787.jpeg

So I got to ask... at the stated loft does the max ls look a little closed to you, and the TD look a little square to open?

15 minutes ago, Dsevans8 said:

So I got to ask... at the stated loft does the max ls look a little closed to you, and the TD look a little square to open?

I literally went into to GG to just take pictures of these for a buddy of mine lol.....no judgement lol.  

I haven't hit the triple diamond, but the Max LS I hit previously, looked very neutral.

GG is doing a Free fitting event this weekend, which I booked for Friday....can report back then on how they sit.

• Like 2

Ai Smoke 9* 🔹🔹🔹w/ Accra TZ6 ST

OG Sim Ti 16.5 w/ D+ LTD 80TX

Cobra King Tec 19* w/ TZ6 95M5

T200-T150 4-PW w/ Accra TZi 115's

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 46* bent to 48* w/ Accra TZi 115

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 & 54* & Vokey SM9 58M* D grind w/ PX LS 6.0's

LAB DF3

Chrome Tour

10 minutes ago, jgreer1421 said:

I literally went into to GG to just take pictures of these for a buddy of mine lol.....no judgement lol.  

I haven't hit the triple diamond, but the Max LS I hit previously, looked very neutral.

GG is doing a Free fitting event this weekend, which I booked for Friday....can report back then on how they sit.

Thanks. Idk why but for some reason I always felt like the MAX LS was a little closed and preferred turning it down -1 to look more square.

10 minutes ago, jgreer1421 said:

What shafts are you going to be testing the heads in?

Taylormade Sim2 9*   Lagp axs blue 6x

Taylormade 300 mini 13.5  lagp axs blue 7x

Callaway UW 17  ventus black 7x  

Taylormade sim2 rescue 22  ventus blue 8x

Srixon 945's 4-pw KBS $ Taper HT 125

Cbx2 kbs 610  50/56  Cbx zipcore 60

Scotty special select squareback accra fx 3.0  

19 minutes ago, Dsevans8 said:

Thanks. Idk why but for some reason I always felt like the MAX LS was a little closed and preferred turning it down -1 to look more square.

Lower spin......longer drives!  Win win! 🤣

18 minutes ago, Oett11 said:

What shafts are you going to be testing the heads in?

XC, LA Blue, Ventus Black, and a TP(if it doesn't sell in the BST).

Then anything else GG have around to test.

Ai Smoke 9* 🔹🔹🔹w/ Accra TZ6 ST

OG Sim Ti 16.5 w/ D+ LTD 80TX

Cobra King Tec 19* w/ TZ6 95M5

T200-T150 4-PW w/ Accra TZi 115's

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 46* bent to 48* w/ Accra TZi 115

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 & 54* & Vokey SM9 58M* D grind w/ PX LS 6.0's

LAB DF3

Chrome Tour

21 minutes ago, jgreer1421 said:

Lower spin......longer drives!  Win win! 🤣

XC, LA Blue, Ventus Black, and a TP(if it doesn't sell in the BST).

Then anything else GG have around to test.

Thats true, but with the TD going down -1 can make it seem a little more open. Probably would do 9 degree in a TD, and 10.5 -1 in MAX LS. I'm scared to go 9 and -1 to 8 degrees.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elwhippy said:

Hit the 10.5 degree standard head tonight. Cold weather and range balls again. Easy to hit. Too high a flight and spun like mad. Another one off the list. 

The last Callaway I hit which didn’t spin too much and fly too high was the Epic Flash SZ which I coincidentally played at 10.5. After that the mavrik and Speed both just didn’t work (although I didn’t get to try the TD LS speed).

unrelated to the driver but does anyone know if they’re planning a Rogue Super hybrid? Would that be end of summer?

5 hours ago, jgreer1421 said:

The triple diamond is on the right.  Max LS on the left.  The triple diamond looks more like the speed, which for me coming from the Epic Max LS, I prefer the same Max LS this year.....

Thanks for posting these. I like the look of the MAX LS. I’ve seen the standard and it looks good too. Looking forward to my own Rogue ST vs Stealth head to head. 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

8 hours ago, jgreer1421 said:

Man, these heads are gorgeous!!! Going to be difficult to resist a new driver head this year!! Thanks for posting!! 

Callaway AI Smoke TD Max 9* (N/+1) GD Tour AD DI 5/ Paradym 9* (N/+1) Ventus Red VeloCore 5
Callaway Epic Speed 15* 3wd Fubuki Ax f65 

Callaway Epic Max 18* 5wd Fubuki Ax f75  
Callaway Rogue ST Pro hybrid 23* KBS Prototype 75 or Apex UT 24* KBS Prototype 85
Callaway Mavrik Pro KBS TGI 6-PW 
Callaway MD3 46*/8* & 50*/10* 
Callaway Jaws Raw 54*/10*S & 58*/8*Z grind 
Odyssey Two Ball Ten Tour Lined Limited Stroke Lab SS Zenergy Flatso 1.0 or

Odyssey 5k Tri Hot #2 Stroke Lab SS Zenergy Pistol Tour

• Like 1

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 8*, 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

I'm more confused looking at the differences in the NEW Taylormade/Callaway offerings, yesterday I went through my drivers with my Rapsodo checking performance results. I've got Taylormade R7 M3 Sim and shafts Senior Reg Stiff Xstiff, Callaway bbb Reg Senior shaft and Ping G stiff/Reg shaft, I was thinking 2-3 more sessions and keep the best sell the rest to buy a NEW driver. But WHAT ??

On 1/24/2022 at 1:46 PM, Dsevans8 said:

I played epic max ls turned down -1 and spin sat around a comfortable 2300.

Today I hit rogue max ls and I saw significantly lower spin. -400 rpm average Same shaft, same loft.  
lofted up to 9 and it was near 2000.  May need to go 9.5 or 10.  Or try a softer tip shaft and spinny ball.  Great sounding driver!  Triple D may be out of the equation.  Anyone have numbers comparing Rogue💎💎💎 to Rogue Max LS? Same loft, shaft etc…

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

3 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

I played epic max ls turned down -1 and spin sat around a comfortable 2300.

Today I hit rogue max ls and I saw significantly lower spin. -400 rpm average Same shaft, same loft.  
lofted up to 9 and it was near 2000.  May need to go 9.5 or 10.  Or try a softer tip shaft and spinny ball.  Great sounding driver!  Triple D may be out of the equation.  Anyone have numbers comparing Rogue💎💎💎 to Rogue Max LS? Same loft, shaft etc…

Besides Micheal Newton lol…

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

I’ve got a fitting booked for Friday.

I don’t expect there to be much in the way of shaft options, but I’ll bring my gamer to get some decent baseline comparison numbers.

Titleist TSR3 8* Ventus TR Red 
Titleist TSR3 16.5* Evenflow T1100

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titleist T350 4 T200 5 T150 6-9 Accra iSeries 125

Titleist Vokey SM9 46*F (@45) / 50*F / 56*D (@55*) / 60*M DG TI X100
SC Super Select Squareback 2

Anyone tried the Rogue ST LS fairways yet please? Looking at ordering a 15 or 16.5 degree 3 wood to replace my current G425LST.

Have a new Rogue ST Max 10.5 degree driver en route to me with the Tensei AV Blue 65 shaft so I’m weighing up if I go Blue 75 or the White 75 for the 3 wood….welcome any thoughts/recommendations. 

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max 10.5 Driver/MCA Vanquish 4 Stiff
Titleist TSR2+ 13.0 degree 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Ping G430 LST 3 wood/15.0 degree (@ 17) 3 wood/Ping Chrome Tour 2.0 Stiff (for now..)
Ping G430 22.0 degree 4 hybrid/MCA Kai’Li White HY 80 Stiff
Taylormade P790 2021 5-PW irons/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 50 degree SB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 54 degree HB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Taylormade MG3 58 degree LB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Odyssey White Hot OG 7 Bird 34” putter/Stroke Lab double bend shaft
Taylormade TP5x/Titleist Pro V1x ball

Vessel/Cobra Tour bag 2022

I have an outdoor 'fitting' this weekend.

Since I'm a huge equipment 'tard I doubt there will be anything I consider playable since I play -75" and D5 SW - but I will see if we can land on a head I like better than the Epic Speed somehow.

Edited by third-times-a-charm
  • Like 1

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / Too many putters idk

Spoke too soon......despite some pro's/retailers here (UK) having stock in of the new Callaway drivers there is an embargo for the UK market until "early to mid-March"

Not happy at all as I've traded my current Sim 2 Max in and have also paid for the Rogue ST Max this week so I'm now without a driver for 6-7 weeks at least........🤬

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max 10.5 Driver/MCA Vanquish 4 Stiff
Titleist TSR2+ 13.0 degree 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Ping G430 LST 3 wood/15.0 degree (@ 17) 3 wood/Ping Chrome Tour 2.0 Stiff (for now..)
Ping G430 22.0 degree 4 hybrid/MCA Kai’Li White HY 80 Stiff
Taylormade P790 2021 5-PW irons/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 50 degree SB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 54 degree HB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Taylormade MG3 58 degree LB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Odyssey White Hot OG 7 Bird 34” putter/Stroke Lab double bend shaft
Taylormade TP5x/Titleist Pro V1x ball

Vessel/Cobra Tour bag 2022

On 1/24/2022 at 10:56 AM, elwhippy said:

Cold range balls spin like crazy to begin with. Not a great comparison. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° Ventus Blue 7X
917F 18° ATX Green 85X

Fli Hi 3i Modus GOST
ZX5 MkII 5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Lab Mezz

ProV1