2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

2022 Callaway Rogue ST drivers (in-hand photos)

GolfWRX

13 hours ago, kain23 said:

Had my TD LS outside on the course for the first time today. Performance was good but the sound seemed off. It had the duller carbon sound but there was also a much higher pitched metallic tink. Is that normal?

Coming from an Epic Speed TD and based on everyone’’s mostly positive feedback on the sound and feel, I was a little surprised.  

Yes, this is normal.  It has a very unique sound, sort of half muted/half metallic.  The high pitch ting doesn't always seem prominent, maybe the level of that sound relates to face contact position?

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9* / Ventus TR 5-S
Callaway Rogue 14* / Tour Blue 75-S

Callaway Rogue SZ 18* / Thump 75f-S

PXG Gen2 22* / Fuji Pro 73-S
Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-P / Modus 120-S 
PXG Sugar Daddy II 53*/58*

Odyssey Versa 1W

8 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I went with 10.5 and I loft down to 9. I like having the option of a little more spin and launch if I ever change something in my swing and opening the face is always a plus with a hook miss for me.

Overall I dont see this as a 'high launch' setup at all especially compared to the PING. YMMV.

I think I am one of the outliers here. Have done the same and lofted down 10.5 head to 9.5 and it got my flight in the right window for me. For reference I had a G400 max and g425 in a 10.5 head in the small + setting before and in the stock neutral setting the Rogue was launching quite a bit higher. Really like the head, but everything I had read had it lower launch and spin than the Pings. That was why I asked. 

Callaway AI Smoke Max D 10.5 Diamana ZF 50

Titleist TSi2 16.5 Tour AD DI 7

Titleist Ts2 20 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75

PXG Gen 2 22 Hybrid Kiyoshi Purple

Cobra King Tour 5-g MMT 105
Ping S159 56W and 60B Modus 125
Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4

On 3/20/2022 at 8:17 PM, kain23 said:

Had my TD LS outside on the course for the first time today. Performance was good but the sound seemed off. It had the duller carbon sound but there was also a much higher pitched metallic tink. Is that normal?

Coming from an Epic Speed TD and based on everyone’’s mostly positive feedback on the sound and feel, I was a little surprised.  

I noticed this with Rogue Max LS as well.  In and around the sweet spot has a more dull crack and low heel strikes and high toe the pitch comes up a little…almost like the epic speed higher ting sound (but still a little more muted)

I actually really enjoy the sound.  

Just recieved my 💎💎💎 and I’ll be curious if I pick up what you’re hearing.  Stoked to do a head to head with Max LS.  

• Like 2

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

24 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

24 Apex Pro 4 Iron

24 Callaway JDM X -Forged 5-PW  Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

Played 6 holes today and another day of 100% fairways hit with driver. It’s silly.

I’ve actually stopped pulling out fairway/hybrid/iron on a few of the “play it safe” holes and just use the driver it’s that good right now.

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / SPDRL-NCK+ CT 120

On 3/22/2022 at 10:40 PM, Avidswampthing66 said:

I noticed this with Rogue Max LS as well.  In and around the sweet spot has a more dull crack and low heel strikes and high toe the pitch comes up a little…almost like the epic speed higher ting sound (but still a little more muted)

I actually really enjoy the sound.  

Just recieved my 💎💎💎 and I’ll be curious if I pick up what you’re hearing.  Stoked to do a head to head with Max LS.  

Any reports on the head to head? Looking to take advantage of the 50% trade in and these are the two models I'm looking at. 

• Like 1
  •  💎💎💎 8* Paradym playing at 7*, ADUB 7X, tipped 1," VF7TX tipped .5"
  • Qi Tour 5W at 16.5, HZRDUS 80g 6.5, playing 43.25"
  • T200 2i Utility, HZRDUS 105x tipped .5"
  • 770 4I, P7MC 5-PW,  PX LS 6.5 
  • SM9 50.08F, SM8 55.11S, SM9 60.06 T
  • , Odyssey Ten Ball 

Yep.  I need one more day of testing.  They are very comparable heads.  There is a bit of a sound difference.  💎💎💎 LS has a duller sound and Max LS more of a crack.  Both heads looks stunning to me.

I’ll report back tomorrow after I get back from the range.  But, on the course so far, the Max LS has another gear for me.  Also, noted a few TD spun up and I lost them right which is something I haven’t seen with Max Ls.  Both are pretty damn neutral for the most part.  Max LS has a tight draw to straight ball and TD is straight to fade.  TD has a bit higher ball-flight. TD is surprisingly forgiving and good on low strikes.  Both low spin and both excellent drivers.  Just depends on what you want to see your ball do.  I already hit it high, so it’s nice to see slighter lower ball-flight with Max LS. You really can’t go wrong with either haha.  But I’m pretty sure I’m sticking with Max LS.

Powered by Tensei 1k

Max LS 9* -1 (194 g)

TD LS 9* -1 (194.8 g)

Edited by Avidswampthing66
  • Like 1

24 Apex Pro 4 Iron

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

6 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Yep.  I need one more day of testing.  They are very comparable heads.  There is a bit of a sound difference.  💎💎💎 has a duller sound and max ls more of a crack.  Both heads looks stunning to me.

I’ll report back tomorrow after I get back from the range.  But, on the course so far, the Max LS has another gear for me.  Also, noted a few TD spun up and I lost them right which is something I haven’t seen with Max Ls.  Both are pretty damn neutral for the most part.  Max LS has a tight draw to straight ball and TD is straight to fade.  TD has a bit higher ball-flight. TD is surprisingly forgiving and good on low strikes.  Both low spin and both excellent drivers.  Just depends on what you want to see your ball do.  I already hit it high, so it’s nice to see slighter lower ball-flight with Max LS. You really can’t go wrong with either haha.  But I’m pretty sure I’m sticking with Max LS.

Powered by Tensei 1k

Max LS 9* -1 (194 g)

TD 9* -1 (194.8 g)

Good to know. Coming from a Mavrik SZ and currently have the 425LST as well so leaning towards the TD for the lower spin and the footprint. Don't suppose you've played the SZ and can compare it to either head?

Low strikes seem to be my miss, so fingers crossed. Pairing it with Ventus Black so that may bring the ball flight down a bit for me. 

• , Odyssey Ten Ball 

34 minutes ago, 70sinsight said:

Good to know. Coming from a Mavrik SZ and currently have the 425LST as well so leaning towards the TD for the lower spin and the footprint. Don't suppose you've played the SZ and can compare it to either head?

Low strikes seem to be my miss, so fingers crossed. Pairing it with Ventus Black so that may bring the ball flight down a bit for me. 

I haven’t.  I went OG Sim, Epic Max LS to Rogue Max LS.

Yea that’s a solid plan.  TD just sits so nice behind the ball.  I kinda wish I had a stiffer profile to try with TD before letting it go.  1k has more torque yet, works so well with the Max LS.

Be curious to hear how it turns out for you.  This new Cally line is like a hotter g425 haha 

Edited by Avidswampthing66
  • Like 1

24 Apex Pro 4 Iron

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

Will report back. Also have an AD XC coming in that I'll try first with the LST and if that doesn't take will put the Callaway adapter on and give it a run. The LST is really solid but just feel like when I use it on course it's leaving 10+ yds behind the SZ.

• Like 1
  • , Odyssey Ten Ball 

Anyone playing the stock shafts available? I typically fit best with mid/low to mid/mid. Currently playing PXG 0811X with Diamana S+ Limited, before was A TS2 with VA composites Slay 65.

Trying to take advantage of the trade-in bonus and won’t be able to hit it this weekend. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 70sinsight said:

Will report back. Also have an AD XC coming in that I'll try first with the LST and if that doesn't take will put the Callaway adapter on and give it a run. The LST is really solid but just feel like when I use it on course it's leaving 10+ yds behind the SZ.

I just installed a FLO’d AD XC 6S in my Rogue ST MAX LS and played 9 holes last night. Very strong debut with that shaft. Missed one fairway on a bad swing but still easily in play. Other drives were stellar. No numbers but it seems to cut spin vs the stock Tensei Blue because I did see longer roll out. I have the 10.5 head set to 9.5D and it’s really good. (And I’ll take the feel of the GD shafts over Ventus.)

MAX LS very much reminds me of a Ping g400 (best Ping driver ever IMO) in forgiveness but the feel and sound are superior. Distance is excellent but really, I’ve stopped fixating on launch monitor darlings that go far on a screen but spray the ball too much in the real world. 

This driver is easier to hit AND keep it in the fairway. I love the matte finish and everything about how it looks from address. To me it even looks easy to aim. No doubt this driver is destined to go down as one of Callaway’s best. 

• Like 3

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

4 hours ago, lefty74pgh said:

Anyone playing the stock shafts available? I typically fit best with mid/low to mid/mid. Currently playing PXG 0811X with Diamana S+ Limited, before was A TS2 with VA composites Slay 65.

Trying to take advantage of the trade-in bonus and won’t be able to hit it this weekend. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I would also like to hear anything on this. Similar to me- I think Tensei white worked best for me but ymmv.  I’m about to order and that’s how it’s looking. 

4 hours ago, lefty74pgh said:

5 minutes ago, 9ironiscash said:

I would also like to hear anything on this. Similar to me- I think Tensei white worked best for me but ymmv.  I’m about to order and that’s how it’s looking. 

I have both the stock shafts and have liked the White pretty well. Swing speed 110ish for comparison. The 65X is definitely looser feeling than my Tensei 1K Pro White 60X. Not as much of a typical soft butt, stiff mid/tip Mitsubishi whiteboard profile; I’d describe it as more active throughout. I would probably say it plays a bit soft to flex. But I think both those Tensei options are good shafts, and I wouldn’t hesitate to play them. Definitely worth giving them a shot. I could see the Tensei Blue 75X being a great fairway wood shaft for me.

• Thanks 2

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

anyone compare the Callaway directly to the Stealth with the same shaft

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 KBS Tour Lite 100s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

I just did a TU/TI order for a Rogue ST LS 9*. Traded my Big Bertha driver, a Mavrik Max 13.5 and a Rogue 4 wood. With the bonus trade value the new driver is basically free. 

I just spec’d the IM10 shaft cause I may send it back to them in the Big Bertha. Also I figure it’s least likely to be back ordered and slow down the driver shipment. 

EDIT: upon further reflection I’m planning to call Callaway Monday and swap my order to the Max. 

Edited by me05501

So i have played 2 rounds (also handful of Trackman sessions) with the Rogue ST Max LS 9 degree head paired with Fuji Ventus TR 6s tipped 3/4”, my swing speed is between 107-110 w/driver. Early indications are this is the best driver that I have ever played. Miss hits are staying in a better spin window, and are not losing as much distance as normally would. This driver head feels very good and very stable, the ball flight has been basically dead straight with either a slight draw or tiny fade depending on how i deliver the club face. The non adjustable weight thing is very annoying, but once i got the right amount of lead tape and the placement of the tape how I wanted, it’s been nothing but fairways or worst case in first cut. Love the matte black and the sound as well. For reference i was playing the Rogue Sub Zero and Epic Flash sub zero both in 9 degree prior to this ST Max LS. Spin is staying between 2,100 rpm - 2,600 rpm but more often than not it’s more like 2,200-2,400. Not a launch monitor low spin monster with mid to high teens in spin but for actual golf on the course it’s perfect.

• Like 4

Callaway Rogue ST MaxLS 9*w/Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

Callaway Epic Flash sz 15* /Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7s

Titleist Tsi2 hybrid 18* /GD Tour AD IZ 85x

Titleist T-100s 4-GW /PX Lz 6.0

Titleist SM9 54-12d, 60-10s /PX Lz 6.0

Bettinardi BBzero

TD LS with the GD AD UB 6s is just a pleasure to play with, the normal swing is a fairway finder in the  230 range and if I feel good and go all out it can get out there and generally still finds the fairway or just off either left or right depending on the swing flaw. Hit one right on the screws downwind and got some roll out to 270 which is all I can ever hope to see and it feels so easy with this combo.

The sound is what surprises me the most, dead on the screws it is just a muted but very powerful sound and not loud at all to my ears.

I think the UB 6s is just about perfect for what SS I have and there is still some extra to get on the good days. But it is what I hoped for and just as long a the EPIC Speed TD but sounds much better.

• Like 1

Callaway Smoke TD Max 9* GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

Best driver out there

Edited by collingsom1asb
  • Like 1

Titleist TSR1 driver, fairway woods and hybrids (stock MMT shafts)

Titleist T350 irons, Graphite shafts (Fubuki)

Titleist Vokey SM10 wdges, Brushed Nickel, 54*, 58*, both D grindds, Tensei shafts

Putter:  Broomstick style, 48", TaylorMade Spider, center shaft, Rosa Spider

I blindly purchased the ST Max LS last night based on the reviews here. I went to PGA Superstore today to hit it and brought my PGX 0811X.  After finally warming up the Rogue is really good.  I hit the PXG well, but the Rogue Max was just more consistent with launch, spin, sound and ball speed.  I could just not get comfortable with the look of the PXG.

They didn’t have any of the upgraded shafts, so I started with the MMT and switched to the Tensei white 65s.  The balls were crappy Wilson balls, but the numbers were good.  I’m excited to get the driver and get it on the course.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lefty74pgh said:

I blindly purchased the ST Max LS last night based on the reviews here. I went to PGA Superstore today to hit it and brought my PGX 0811X.  After finally warming up the Rogue is really good.  I hit the PXG well, but the Rogue Max was just more consistent with launch, spin, sound and ball speed.  I could just not get comfortable with the look of the PXG.

They didn’t have any of the upgraded shafts, so I started with the MMT and switched to the Tensei white 65s.  The balls were crappy Wilson balls, but the numbers were good.  I’m excited to get the driver and get it on the course.

I hit my PXG Gen 4 0811X better than any driver that I have owned ( including the Ping G400 Max ). I was not planning on changing, but all of the reviews that you guys have posted, plus Callaway's trade-in bonus was just too much for me to resist. Special ordered mine at 45", so it may be a bit before I can put them head to head, but hoping to see a little more length out of the Rogue ST Max.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 6:47 PM, lefty74pgh said:

10 hours ago, muniman said:

I hit my PXG Gen 4 0811X better than any driver that I have owned ( including the Ping G400 Max ). I was not planning on changing, but all of the reviews that you guys have posted, plus Callaway's trade-in bonus was just too much for me to resist. Special ordered mine at 45", so it may be a bit before I can put them head to head, but hoping to see a little more length out of the Rogue ST Max.

Congrats! Stoked for y’all.  I remember that feeling of waiting before mine arrived.  Then it rained for two days once it got here haha.

I’ve been absolutely crushing my Max Ls.  It’s an added bonus when it looks 🔥🔥 behind the ball.

• Like 2

24 Apex Pro 4 Iron

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

1 hour ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Congrats! Stoked for y’all.  I remember that feeling of waiting before mine arrived.  Then it rained for two days once it got here haha.

I’ve been absolutely crushing my Max Ls.  It’s an added bonus when it looks 🔥🔥 behind the ball.

Agree 100% on how good the LS looks at address.  It is the best looking driver behind the ball that I’ve ever owned.

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym 9* w/ Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60S

Callaway Paradym 16.5* w/ Mitsubishi Kai'li White 70S

Titleist 915F 21* w/ Aldila Rogue Black 85S

Ping G410 Hybrid 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Black 85S

Srixon z785 5-P w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 50*, 54*, 58* w/ DG Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron Golo S5

Bridgestone Tour BX

16 hours ago, 70sinsight said:

Throw out a feel good from Callaway customer service. Had called Friday to speak with cust. serv. rep to put my order in, but between getting length and swing weight dialed in, and wrangling my kids while home on paternity leave, final details couldn't get done until after call center hours had closed for the weekend. Put my order through on Callway.com and got quoted 5-7 days for the build/shipping. Check my order status today and it is showing June 20th😐. They obviously got hammered by the 50% trade in bonus. Called customer service, explained that I didn't care what shaft/grip I really had as my Ventus Black is going in. I was transferred to Customs and they hooked me up with a shaft/grip combo that was in stock and threw in a free two-day air via UPS. Should be here next week. Thanks @Callaway Golf Official.

Sounds like I need to do the same - as my order of a LS with Ventus Blue TR S is now showing delivery in Late July.  We ordered a LS for my Son with Ventus Black X and it say 1-2 weeks, so the TR must be the issue...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cubuffs said:

Sounds like I need to do the same - as my order of a LS with Ventus Blue TR S is now showing delivery in Late July.  We ordered a LS for my Son with Ventus Black X and it say 1-2 weeks, so the TR must be the issue...

My rep told me the stock shaft was in stock and it was the grip, but I have heard from others on here that TR is having stock issues

• Like 1
  • , Odyssey Ten Ball 

Ordered a Triple Diamond with a AD XC 6X on Saturday, driver got delivered today. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR4 10 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR3 18 w/Fuji 9.2TS X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck or LAB DF3

13 minutes ago, SC-TX 88 said:

Ordered a Triple Diamond with a AD XC 6X on Saturday, driver got delivered today. 

Wow. That's amazing turnaround time. 

• , Odyssey Ten Ball 

1 hour ago, 70sinsight said:

Wow. That's amazing turnaround time. 

I was shocked as well. I’m sure being in Houston with the custom orders coming out of Mexico helped, but I was quoted 1-2 weeks and got it in basically 2.5 business days. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 10 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR3 18 w/Fuji 9.2TS X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck or LAB DF3

On 3/30/2022 at 1:46 PM, cubuffs said:

I just ordered this morning with the Ventus TR as well and got July.  I’m hoping it comes much sooner than that.  Can you confirm it is indeed the TR causing the delays?