WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

I had the 3 15* but finally got to try the 2+ yesterday. It is a rocket launcher off the tee. Not quite driver distance but such a great flight. So much so that I bought it and then took my 15* back for a 2 16.5*. I thought I would never replace my Ping 425 5 wood but it’s spot is in jeopardy. The 16.5* launches higher than the Ping and carries a bit further. It’s so versatile that it can fill that true fairway spot and still be used off the tee when needed. All TSr woods now and I’m in heaven. 

As for all the 1K Black haters, I really like it in the driver. I played the Ventus Black for a long time and it’s been an easy transition. I do agree it’s not the best in the fairways. Not sure why Titleist has so many out there in the stock fairways. Both my 2+ and 2 came with it and I jumped on them because I was getting along so well with it in the driver. It’s a little tough to elevate and not as much feel as I want. My S+ Blue in the Ping 5 wood is very good and I probably will hunt a few of those down. Ultimately I would like to get back to Ventus and try the reds but that will be a spring project. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, awtryau89 said:

I had the 3 15* but finally got to try the 2+ yesterday. It is a rocket launcher off the tee. Not quite driver distance but such a great flight. So much so that I bought it and then took my 15* back for a 2 16.5*. I thought I would never replace my Ping 425 5 wood but it’s spot is in jeopardy. The 16.5* launches higher than the Ping and carries a bit further. It’s so versatile that it can fill that true fairway spot and still be used off the tee when needed. All TSr woods now and I’m in heaven. 

As for all the 1K Black haters, I really like it in the driver. I played the Ventus Black for a long time and it’s been an easy transition. I do agree it’s not the best in the fairways. Not sure why Titleist has so many out there in the stock fairways. Both my 2+ and 2 came with it and I jumped on them because I was getting along so well with it in the driver. It’s a little tough to elevate and not as much feel as I want. My S+ Blue in the Ping 5 wood is very good and I probably will hunt a few of those down. Ultimately I would like to get back to Ventus and try the reds but that will be a spring project. 

How is the gapping between the 2+ and the 16.5? I'm considering the exact same set-up. Did you order your 16.5 shorter?

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

3 minutes ago, eric61 said:

How is the gapping between the 2+ and the 16.5? I'm considering the exact same set-up. Did you order your 16.5 shorter?

I bought both at a local shop off the rack after trying on course so they are stock. I will probably order the heavier weight and cut the 16.5 down. 

Gapping is good. The 2+ is just a very flat flight with tons of run. I can hit it high with a fade but it’s just not the best off the turf. I’m not the fastest but today I saw shots from 245-265 with the 2+ off the tee depending on my strike. I max the 16.5* out at the 245 range. I don’t really look too hard at gapping as I will use them so differently. They may actually carry close to the same distance off the turf. Only way I’ll hit the 2+ off the turf is if I’m trying to run something up whereas the 16.5* can be used to fly nearly the same distance in the air but not run out nearly as much. I seem to be able to work the 16.5* easily too.  

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, awtryau89 said:

I bought both at a local shop off the rack after trying on course so they are stock. I will probably order the heavier weight and cut the 16.5 down. 

Gapping is good. The 2+ is just a very flat flight with tons of run. I can hit it high with a fade but it’s just not the best off the turf. I’m not the fastest but today I saw shots from 245-265 with the 2+ off the tee depending on my strike. I max the 16.5* out at the 245 range. I don’t really look too hard at gapping as I will use them so differently. They may actually carry close to the same distance off the turf. Only way I’ll hit the 2+ off the turf is if I’m trying to run something up whereas the 16.5* can be used to fly nearly the same distance in the air but not run out nearly as much. I seem to be able to work the 16.5* easily too.  

Sounds like you and I are very similar in terms of speed/distance -- that's exactly what I get out of my 16.5 -- so this is super helpful, thank you. I've been mulling it over and I agree, the 2+ would be a tee-only club so it kind of doesn't really matter. I've just been stuck debating whether to stay with the 16.5 or go with an 18 instead.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

I opted for the 13.5 TSR3. The 2+ went to far. I needed a 270ish tee club. 

Haven’t tried my 18 yet. 

Titleist TSR4 Ventus Black 6X

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 5 Wood Ventus Black 8X

TaylorMade UDI 3 20* KBS Tour Proto Hybrid 95X

Ping i230 4-PW Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX6 ZipCore 50,54,58

L.A.B. DF3

-Pro V1X

3 hours ago, JourdanM said:

Ironically, it's the stock tensei in a regular flex haha, just bought iff the shelf and it works. 🤷🏻‍♂️But I have a Tour AD HD coming for it. Will report back. 

Nice! I played the HD in a TS2 7 wood last year and it was awesome. Trying a Ventus Red TR now

• Like 1

Driver Taylormade Qi10

3W Ping G430 LST 5W Callaway Apex UW 

4i Mizuno Fli Hi 5-PW Ping Blueprint S

GW 50 Ping Glide 4.0 SW 56 Vokey S LW 62 Vokey M

Putters Kevin Burns 9306 Ball Titleist Pro V1

ooofff...I just tested the TSR3. Mishits low in the head were punished and produced super high spin numbers. Testing side by side with my Cobra LTDx LS, on similar poor strikes the TSR was spinning 800+ RPMs higher. The weird part was ball speeds were nearly identical, but the Cobra carried on average 12 yards further due to less spin. I wasn't swing well, but wow, I've never seen driver spin numbers in the 3,000s. Has anyone else experienced this? 

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 8*, Vanquish 4TX // Tour 9*, Diamana WB 53X // 0311 9*, Ventus Blue+ 5X

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

10 hours ago, xandersingh said:

Nice! I played the HD in a TS2 7 wood last year and it was awesome. Trying a Ventus Red TR now

I got my TSR2 7w with the 1k, don’t care for the shaft, have an AD DI on the way to match up with my TSi3 3/5

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Another round out with the 2 Dr and 3W. Played 11 holes before the wind & cold became unbearable.

Hit 6/9 fairways. Missed the 1st fairway after a 1 hour frost delay and zero warm up. Missed the 5th with an absolute stinker of a swing that no driver on the world would have saved. Missed the 11th trying to hit one under the wind and duck hooked it.

Overall super happy with the driver. 

Given the negative feedback for the 1K Black in the TSR Fairways what’s the recommendations for the superior shaft from the standard, non-up charge options from Titleist in the late 60g/early to mid 75g weight range please? Have played the Tensei AV Series Blue and White (both 75g) in my Rogue ST LS 3 and 5 wood and really not enamoured with them at all so I’d like to get my 3 and 5 wood order right.

Also wondering if I should change my TSR2 3 wood (15 degree) order to the TSR2 + given the positive reviews here as an off the tee fairway finder...

Welcome any thoughts/help here.

• Like 1
Driver “TBC”
Titleist TSR2+ 13.0 degree 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Ping G430 LST 3 wood/15.0 degree (@ 17)/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Ping G430 22.0 degree 4 hybrid/MCA Kai’Li White HY 80 Stiff
Taylormade P790 2021 5-PW irons/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 50 degree SB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 54 degree HB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Taylormade MG3 58 degree LB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Odyssey Ai One Cruiser Jail Bird 38” putter/Stroke Lab 140 double bend shaft
Taylormade TP5x/Titleist Pro V1x ball

Vessel/Cobra Tour bag 2022

I finally hit my TSR@ 16.5 with the UB 7x at 42.5" D5 swing weight. It already has replaced my G425. It is so good. My AO with FW's is around 0 to +1 (tuff to fit me) and this club works like a charm. This was the best "proshop" money I ever spent...

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X  44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

PROV1

12 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Given the negative feedback for the 1K Black in the TSR Fairways what’s the recommendations for the superior shaft from the standard, non-up charge options from Titleist in the late 60g/early to mid 75g weight range please? Have played the Tensei AV Series Blue and White (both 75g) in my Rogue ST LS 3 and 5 wood and really not enamoured with them at all so I’d like to get my 3 and 5 wood order right.

Also wondering if I should change my TSR2 3 wood (15 degree) order to the TSR2 + given the positive reviews here as an off the tee fairway finder...

Can you try them first? What don’t you care for in the AV shafts you’ve tried? You may like the 1k black. The AV shafts I’ve tried in the past seemed to lack a certain amount of feel. That’s what I get from the 1k black too. But to be honest I feel that way with most of the oem shafts. 

• Thanks 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

12 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

ooofff...I just tested the TSR3. Mishits low in the head were punished and produced super high spin numbers. Testing side by side with my Cobra LTDx LS, on similar poor strikes the TSR was spinning 800+ RPMs higher. The weird part was ball speeds were nearly identical, but the Cobra carried on average 12 yards further due to less spin. I wasn't swing well, but wow, I've never seen driver spin numbers in the 3,000s. Has anyone else experienced this? 

I saw spin climb on me with the 2 and 4. The 3 not nearly as much. That’s definitely something I want to test out once it shows up. If it can’t hang with the stealth plus then it’s not going to make the bag. 

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

26 minutes ago, Gareth said:

there's a decent amount of positive feedback as well on the 1k black, think it comes down to the individual and their swing/feel preferences.  The new 4G hzrdus has been getting some praise, worth looking into it too

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, radiman said:

I saw spin climb on me with the 2 and 4. The 3 not nearly as much. That’s definitely something I want to test out once it shows up. If it can’t hang with the stealth plus then it’s not going to make the bag. 

Im going to keep testing, but the 3 produced serious spin. I’m not talking about strikes in the bottom of the club, I’m talking 2-3 dimples below center. Dialing in tee height will like help, I’ve just never seen a driver spin up like the 3. 

For what it’s worth I play my Cobra set to 8* with 6.5 60g HZRDUS Black RDX. My TSR is 8* with an Tensei AV Raw White 65x. While not identical the setups are similar enough to be red apples to green apples. 

I normally hate the black profiles per se, but pleasantly pleased and surprised I was fitted into the 1K black X. 

Titleist TSR4 Ventus Black 6X

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 5 Wood Ventus Black 8X

TaylorMade UDI 3 20* KBS Tour Proto Hybrid 95X

Ping i230 4-PW Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX6 ZipCore 50,54,58

L.A.B. DF3

-Pro V1X

23 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Im going to keep testing, but the 3 produced serious spin. I’m not talking about strikes in the bottom of the club, I’m talking 2-3 dimples below center. Dialing in tee height will like help, I’ve just never seen a driver spin up like the 3. 

For what it’s worth I play my Cobra set to 8* with 6.5 60g HZRDUS Black RDX. My TSR is 8* with an Tensei AV Raw White 65x. While not identical the setups are similar enough to be red apples to green apples. 

Swing Issue or differences in shaft profile affecting your delivery based on this assessment.

Go watch some of the early release videos of the seeding and the Korn Ferry and PGA pros all were mentioning that they loved that the spin wasn’t creeping up at all on lower strikes to a number they hurt them.

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

I had the Tensei Black 1k, 6x in two TSR drivers but found the feel at impact an odd "give" to the shaft.  So, sold both and my third TSR driver I have the Tensei Black 1k, 6TX.  Not the same feel as the 6x, and producing the results I am wanting.  I do like the smoother feel of my Ventus TR Black, 6x however...so....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 8*, Vanquish 4TX // Tour 9*, Diamana WB 53X // 0311 9*, Ventus Blue+ 5X

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

7 minutes ago, BirdieBob said:

I had the Tensei Black 1k, 6x in two TSR drivers but found the feel at impact an odd "give" to the shaft.  So, sold both and my third TSR driver I have the Tensei Black 1k, 6TX.  Not the same feel as the 6x, and producing the results I am wanting.  I do like the smoother feel of my Ventus TR Black, 6x however...so....

Numbers wise how do Black TR 6X and 1K Black 65TX compare for you in driver

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

If you can test the 1K Black in TX flex I’d do that first. Have 75TX in 3W and 85TX in 5W and they’ve been great for me. 

17 minutes ago, endy said:

Numbers wise how do Black TR 6X and 1K Black 65TX compare for you in driver

No numbers, but visually about the same.  Just prefer the feel of the Ventus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, radiman said:

Can you try them first? What don’t you care for in the AV shafts you’ve tried? You may like the 1k black. The AV shafts I’ve tried in the past seemed to lack a certain amount of feel. That’s what I get from the 1k black too. But to be honest I feel that way with most of the oem shafts. 

Thanks, and I’ve not tried the 1K Black at all. I’ve actually already been fitted into a custom Accra FX 3.0 270 shaft for both the 3 and 5 wood but want to order the standard clubs and take out the supplied OEM shaft from Titleist and play them with the Accras…..but want to have a decent B option in the standard shaft as supplied new to me. Make sense?!

I generally really like /get on with Mitsubishi Chemical shafts but I agree with you that the new 2022 AV Series shafts feel pretty lifeless and especially so in the White which I found pretty boardy in the driver and fairway I had earlier in the season. 

Edited by Gareth
Driver “TBC”

1 hour ago, tofur99 said:

there's a decent amount of positive feedback as well on the 1k black, think it comes down to the individual and their swing/feel preferences.  The new 4G hzrdus has been getting some praise, worth looking into it too

Sure, totally get that but the 1K Black just seemed to be getting more negative feedback as I read the comments here.

I think the Hzrdus Black 4G is the other most viable non-up charge shaft for the fairways after the 1K Black but I thought the weight class options for my flex (6.0) weren’t, maybe, quite right at “70” = 68g (too light perhaps?) and “80” = 80g (too heavy maybe?) given my 96-98mph s/s. 

Driver “TBC”

38 minutes ago, endy said:

If you can test the 1K Black in TX flex I’d do that first. Have 75TX in 3W and 85TX in 5W and they’ve been great for me. 

TX is way too rebar for my puny swing buddy! 😆

• Haha 1
Driver “TBC”

50 minutes ago, BirdieBob said:

Thanks Bob. It’s amazing how many folks love the various Ventus Velocore offerings. I tried a load of them last week in my driver and fairway fitting but none gave me the results of the shafts I was actually fitted into - BTG Brava for the TSR2 driver and Accra FX 3.0 270 for the TSR 2 and 3 fairways.

Driver “TBC”