Grumpy CC members complaining about Juniors.....

kekoa

22 minutes ago, pingfool said:

And dont forget..  his junior can play as a twosome anytime they want because their +2

and if they want to ignore rules on the range and laugh when they hit driver over the net - you better mind you own business.

stay in florida billy bob

English isn’t everyone’s first language, so good on you for trying.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tiger1873 said:

The reason this becomes a problem is other members decide they can complain about anything. Going around tattling on other members is what causes problems.  It makes members think they can control others which is a major issue and can cause fights.

This the job of the staff to protect and enforce rules.  Someone should be out there watching ranges and the course at all times it is open.  It's not your job or place to enforce rules.   

If staff doesn't enforce the rules someone should be fired. So many of these clubs keep lazy pro's who do not do their job.

In this case the design of the range is very poor. If your losing balls because someone pulls out a driver and this is not a temporary issue then something needs to change.   No reason a net is not installed to stop the ball or deflighted balls are brought so they can't hit out the range.

If the range in question was from my post? I believe questions were answered in first post. 

1). Net?

2). Restricted flight balls?  

3). Majority of members could not hit over fence. Very,very few could. .

4). Sign saying not to hit balls over please aim right if you need to. 

15 yards right and balls end up on the course side. Straight out is a higher longer poke. It's more fun. I get it. 

Really isn't a big deal to have a talk with fellow members on occasion.  When I first  joined I forgot one of the par fours was permanently cart path only. One day I had a member on the adjacent hole say. Hey new guy. That hole is cart path only. I didn't get mad. Tell him that's the last time he'll talk to me like that. Nope. I said. Oh S**t.  Thanks for reminding me. No big deal.

We all have opinions. I don't necessarily think one is right and one is wrong. Just different and should be respected. That's my ridiculous  opinion. Now.. giving unsolicited swing advice!!... 😲. Deal breaker for me. 

This dead horse has been beat enough. Finding a new topic to put my foot in mouth on..... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pingfool said:

And dont forget..  his junior can play as a twosome anytime they want because their +2

and if they want to ignore rules on the range and laugh when they hit driver over the net - you better mind you own business.

Or else... Right? 

The hostility is out of control. Just have a different opinion and express it. No need for anything more. 

Edited by mizuno player
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, heavy_hitter said:

Again, not your job to say anything.  My response to you in either of those situations would be the same.  "Mind your own business."  If you have a problem talk to the Pro and allow him to say something.  The first time a member said something to me at our club was the last time.  The same if you said something.

That's teaching kids the right way to deal. This thread needs to be locked. It's so far off the rails it's ridiculous. Just say you would not approach another member and would appreciate a staff member do it to you.  Instead of..... that will be the last time.

Glad the clubs I've belonged to we never had any issues with talking to other members. Always been cordial.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The fact that members would get physical over a comment from someone attempting to correct their behavior is bewildering. A few of you must belong to some interesting places. 

Been involved with several golf course in, some capacity, for the last 16 years. I’ve ran carts, caddied, worked maintenance, and spent time in the pro shop, and in those 16 years only 1 physical altercation took place. Sure, guys have exchanged words and the pro has gotten involved once or twice but the idea of an adult physically assaulting another on a golf course is something I can’t grasp. 

In 4 years at a public course one drunken fight occurred after a scramble and police got involved. In 2 years at a semi public there was an altercation between members at a local bar but not at the club. Over the last 9 years at a nice country club there have been zero times a member has gotten physical. The closest it ever got to that was a member being kicked out for cheating in the club championship. 

10 hours ago, heavy_hitter said:

Has zero to do with being a tough guy.  You aren't the rules or policy enforcer.  Like I said "If it were me, it would be the last time you said something to me."  Mind your own business.  I would be embarrassed being the guy saying something.  Saying something directly to another member is a great way to get your bleep kicked.  Go to the staff and have them take care of it, it is their job, not yours.

I might be reading this wrong or missed out on a key part of the discussion.  Are you saying that you would coldcock someone asking about something you may or may not of done?  Just for asking?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

humor situation GIF by BestTech

Wow, this thread is absurd. 

The whole point of joining a club is to be around people you want to be around at a place where you want to be! It is not like a gym membership at all, not even in the same galaxy.

If you don’t like the members, don’t join the club, and the same goes for the club!

• Like 2

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - SW….+3” or Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

A lot people here like to ignore the politics of clubs.  The first rule is you don't go around telling other members what to do.  

Every club has rules people all follow that make sense but everyone one them have rules that no one follows until someone wants to pull a power trip.  Most the complaints people do are about the rules that no one follows like outdated dress policies.

Unless you joined a nutty club all the members are treated the same.   Staff is hired to make your day a little more pleasant and to enforce the rules that everyone follows. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, pingfool said:

No one ever said that.  My Junior isn't a +2 and I never said he was as he is actually better than that.  He also doesn't ignore rules.  In fact, he can play as a single, drive or walk anytime he wants.  Yes, if another member said something, there would be words.

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

9 hours ago, bekgolf said:

I might be reading this wrong or missed out on a key part of the discussion.  Are you saying that you would coldcock someone asking about something you may or may not of done?  Just for asking?

100%

Mind your business.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, mshills said:

humor situation GIF by BestTech

Wow, this thread is absurd. 

The whole point of joining a club is to be around people you want to be around at a place where you want to be! It is not like a gym membership at all, not even in the same galaxy.

If you don’t like the members, don’t join the club, and the same goes for the club!

lol....  We join a club to play golf.  Not have some  members try to tell us how or what to do.  Could care less about the social aspect at all.  Sounds like you belong to a nutty club.  If Tiger Woods was playing your course and did something against club policy would you approach?   Guarantee you wouldn't.  Same would apply to anyone else.

Edited by heavy_hitter
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 12:39 PM, kekoa said:

A good buddy of mine was telling me about something that happened at his club last weekend.   So his son and a friend went out as a twosome on a busy weekend morning.  The tee sheet was stacked with other foursomes.  On the 4th hole, the juniors were waiting to tee off.  Note that my buddy's son plays the tips at this course and has done so for some time now.  He is 14, but looks like he's 12.   A member from the group behind comes up and starts grilling the kid about how far he hits driver.  The kid answers- I hit it 230-240.  The member states that the kid should not be playing from the tips as he needs to hit it at least 250 to do so.  Mind you, this kid's best score from the tips is -2 from 6,900 yards and he could rather easily spank 90% of the adult members at the club.   Does he hit fairway woods and hybrid into a lot of the par 4's?  Yes, but who cares?   Anyhow, does the member have any standing to complain about a good junior playing the tips if he isn't holding up play?  Come to find out, the member also went to the head pro to complain.  

exact reason I will not join a private club, when I think private club, I think of this guy

Edited by Wham49
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, heavy_hitter said:

lol....  We join a club to play golf.  Not have some  members try to tell us how or what to do.  Could care less about the social aspect at all.  Sounds like you belong to a nutty club.  If Tiger Woods was playing your course and did something against club policy would you approach?   Guarantee you wouldn't.  Same would apply to anyone else.

Ok thanks for telling us how you really feel…

You expect everyone to treat you and your kid like Tiger Woods.

Explains everything. 

• Like 1

Ping i525 7-UW 

G425 6 iron

Glide 2.0 Stealth 54 & 60
G410 21* 25* Tour 85
G410 13* & 16* Tour 75 

G425 LST 10.5 Tour 65

Older Scotty Del Mar

1 minute ago, pingfool said:

Ok thanks for telling us how you really feel…

You expect everyone to treat you and your kid like Tiger Woods.

Explains everything. 

Yep... mind your business.  If you wouldn't say something to a touring pro playing/practicing your club, you have no business saying something to a paying member.  Case Closed.  You just proved my point.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Touring pros don't come to a real club -- or any club -- and act the fool....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - SW….+3” or Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

12 hours ago, mizuno player said:

That's teaching kids the right way to deal. This thread needs to be locked. It's so far off the rails it's ridiculous. Just say you would not approach another member and would appreciate a staff member do it to you.  Instead of..... that will be the last time.

Glad the clubs I've belonged to we never had any issues with talking to other members. Always been cordial.  

You are 100% correct that is teaching the kid how to deal with it.  Very easy to be bold while getting your point across without escalating the situation and while sticking up for yourself.  If my kid was doing something wrong, I would expect a phone call to me by the pro so I could bust his tail.  I would also expect the Pro to bust his butt before he called me.  If it is a member, then it is just a whiney member.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mshills said:

Touring pros don't come to a real club -- or any club -- and act the fool....

Anyone ever hear of John Daly?

Has nothing to do with acting a fool.  Repairing a ball mark in the green isn't acting a fool.  Would you say something to them?  You would not.  You also wouldn't say anything if they dropped 10 balls from 50 yards out on a hole to practice.

Edited by heavy_hitter
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1