Tell Me About Your i210 irons...

BCULAW

Went to get fitted for a driver today and found myself warming up with a used i210 7 iron. Wound up really pleased with a G410 LST (which was no surprise because the 400 LST was my best fit ever).

After the driver fitting, I decided to spend some more time with the i210 set, which was blue dot, standard length with PX LZ 6.0. Really nice set of irons. I was missing a little left on "stock" swings, which is my typical miss, but I was hitting them really long a straight if I made a conscious effort to stay inside them. Bottom line is that they were definitely better than my current set, and had potential to be really good with a little tweaking (to either me or the clubs).

Right as I was about to pull the trigger, I decided to try the stock set up - black dot with DG 120 s300 - to see if it would straighten out my miss. They did, and I am now the proud owner of a new set. They seem to be a nice blend of feel, playability, distance, and forgiveness.

For those that have them, am I in good company?

"For those that have them, am I in good company?"

The simple answer would be YES.

When I purchased my i210s I did so after demoing (multiple times) literally everything on the market, and I kept going back to the i210. And I've been quite pleased with my iron play this last year since going to them.

And there's a reason the majority of PING staff players on Tour(s) play the i210s, and their predecessor the i200 previously - and it's not because they feel "dull and muted."

But choosing them because they "seem to be a nice blend of feel, playability, distance, and forgiveness" to you is all the right reasons to stick them in your bag - because, end of the day, the only person's reason to put them in play them is you.

Hit 'em well my friend....

• Like 2

Similar story, just picked up a set of very clean i200s. Have played JPX900 Forged the past couple of years. Only have four rounds in with the i200s, all in cold/cool weather. They don’t feel as crisp as the JPX, but are smooth and more forgiving. Not sure which I’ll game next year...but now have two very good options. Enjoy your Pings.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 10 Evenflow Riptide MX 60 6.0
Titleist TSi2 15 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
Titleist TS2 19 Tensei CK Blue 70 S
Mizuno MP20 HMB 4-P Modus3 Tour 105 S
Callaway Jaws 50, 54, 58 DG Tour 115
Odyssey 2-ball ten tour lined, Toulon Las Vegas

Those 785s were very nice. Curious to see how these stack up. I could not have hot these better in the simulator, so anxious to get them on the course tomorrow. On the flip side,the 785s were nothing special indoors for me, but were money outside. Hopefully, these i210s stack up. I'm pretty excited about them.

• Like 2

I switched to your exact same setup this fall coming from 718 AP2 with PX 6.0 that I played for 2 years. Very pleased with my decision. In 4 rounds in FL just before thanksgiving they did everything I wanted them to do. 4 iron is an absolute beast. Great consistency through he set. Stock shot is a predictable baby draw. Can fade if needed. Great feel, and I love the looks. Enjoy your new sticks, you’ll love them.

• Like 1

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 MAX 7W 21*, Ventus TR Blue 8X 

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini CH /or/ Tri Hot 5K Seven CH

Had 785s and now I have 210s. Here is my story, 210s are a club shorter than the 785s because I spin them too much (playing steelfibers because of old age). My ego wants to ditch the 210s and my score says no way. I know I spin them to much but I am so accurate with these irons. I am keeping them and dealing with hitting 1 club less. As for the feel, they feel just as good as the 785s, that comment is not accurate.

• Like 1

Ping G425 
Ping G410
XR 16 3 and 4 Hybrid
Titleist T300 w/MMT 125s
SeeMore Putter
Vokey Wedges

Love my i210s. Went from a 5.3 to a 3.3. The 3i is by far the best 3i I've hit. 230yd stingers...awesome. I have the same miss left, so with a simple conscious swing thought, they're money. Enjoy, my friend.

• Like 1

Driver: PING G425 7.5*; X-stiff HZRDUS BLACK 75g

Driving Iron: TITLEIST U505 1i; X-stiff HZRDUS Smoke RDX 90g 

Irons: PING i210 3-4, PING BLUEPRINT 5-W; Dynamic Gold X7

Wedges: CLEVELAND RTX4 50, 54, 58; S400

Putter: ODYSSEY WHITE HOT #7 OG

Ball: BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

Grip: WINN Dri Tac Midsize

GHIN: Between my ears... (usually between 1-3)

I seem to recall BCU that you used to play the s56’s a lot. Up until late last summer, I played S55/S56 almost exclusively since about 2012. I thought they were the best irons ever and I didn’t think I could replace them. The whole time I played those irons I was well into a plus handicap. Im also someone who tries pretty much every club released, yet I couldn’t replace those irons.

Since September I’ve been in i210, and I don’t miss my S55’s at all, which is pretty remarkable because I loved those irons. My surprise with i210 is how much I love the short irons, 8-PW. They look perfect at address and feel awesome. I love them so much that I just custom ordered an AW. I haven’t used a set AW since I was about 13 years old. The mid and longer irons do what I hoped they’d do and give me more peak height with less effort, which is great. The progressive nature of the set is less jarring than the i series has been in a long time, so the irons don’t really start looking overly different until you get to the 3 and 4 iron (which I don’t even play anymore). I haven’t been able to play an I series iron since the i15 because the sets have looked too progressive and mentally that has made it difficult for me to find the middle through the set, so I appreciate that.

Enjoy the i210’s and don’t look back.

• Like 1

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

Switched to the i210s in April of '19 and it was one of the best decisions I've made. Shafts are KBS Tour 120 S. I went in to the fitting not caring [too much] about distance, but wanting height, consistency and accuracy and surely got it. Feel is great. During the fitting it was the only iron that I could go right back to, after swinging others, and strike consistently.

And since it's been brought up several times...personally the i210 is better than the 785. Going in the 785 was #1 on my list but just couldn't get on with it. Difficult to launch and feel was so so. That said Srixon will be on the shortlist when it's time to upgrade.

• Like 1

Signature!

MOI (from Maltby)

i210 = 14.96

785 = 13.09

Ping wins by a bunch; off center strike forgiveness will benefit.

• Like 2

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

Don’t need MOI if you’re hitting middle. I would agree though in a sense because I don’t think they’re actually that comparable. The i210 is nearing GI in a players-ish look (Pretty offset and chunky). The 785 are plenty forgiving for a true forged players CB. Turf interaction is worlds different on these two clubs. Not a bad thing but the super blunt high bounce of the ping will suit some others. I feel like Srixons V sole is absolutely unmatched in that regard. Workable but incredibly accurate. The i210 feel great for a cast club no doubt but they do NOT compare to Endo forged 1020 carbon steel and you’re kidding yourself if you think they do.

• Like 3

Well, I got in 18 with these this morning. Nice results. It's just a workhorse of an iron. Really surprised at the height I got on the long irons. Expected them to be short as a result, but they were carrying a good club longer than the irons they replaced (718 AP2). Some of it is fit and shaft, but regardless it was nice to get back a little effortless distance. It definitely does not feel like a forged club, and I definitely would give the nod to the 785s in that category. That said, these were very satisfying, and I played a really nice round of golf with them. Best part is that I never felt like I had to work. Make my swing and get nice results.

These will stay in the bag for a bit. I'm anxious to see how I grow into them. Can't say for now that I like them better than the 785s yet, but I plan on playing some really good golf with them. More to come...

• Like 1

You are correct. I LOVED the s56s and almost picked up another set a few weeks back. These do remind me of them! Ping short irons have always been really good for me and these are no different. Something about the bounce and sole width just works for me. The s56s felt perfect to me and I did have a couple of swings with these that brought a smile to my face in the same way. Like I said before, just good, clean workhorse irons.

As much as I liked them, though, the star of the show this morning was the 410LST. Man, I should never hit any driver but the Ping LST model with the Tour 65 stiff shaft. It is just perfect for me. Absolutely melted my drive on 18 today, and you'd be hard pressed to get the smile off my face because of it!!

I’ve been playing LST drivers since the G30, and nothing compares for me either. I used to play Tour 65 in stiff until I got the G400 LST, and the Tour 65 in X seemed to work a bit better. The Tour 65 stiff is a funny shaft. Everything else in the bag I played was x except for that shaft.

• Like 1

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

Had mine since April. I can’t get rid of them- too consistent and the feel is as good as anything I’ve hit. I have the Z forged and love them too, but I really don’t think they feel that different and will we selling.

Cobra Darkspeed LS, Ventus TR Blue 6x

Ping G430 Max 15*, Tour Chrome 2.0

Ping G430 Max 21*, Tour Chrome 2.0

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour, 4-P, PX LZ 5.5 blackout

Mizuno T24, 50*/56*/60*, KBS Hi Rev 2.0 blackout 

Evnroll ESR2 Black

Nice thing about the 210s, a touring pro can play them as well as a 15 capper. Softest cast club out there! Good choice BCULAW! If nothing new comes out in the spring, the 210s will be in my bag.

Ping Traverse

TM Qi10 10.5*

TM Qi10 4/7W

TM P790 5-AW

TM Hi Toe 3 54/58*

TM TP Black Soto

Mizuno RB Tour

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

Love the open mindedness @BCULAW There are some fantastic products this day and age from just about everyone. Especially stuff coming out of Japan, Mizuno, Srixon, Honma, etc. And while Ping might not feel as soft, they are putting out products that just flat out perform. Their engineering department is topnotch and they are the best at hiding forgiveness in a small package. I agree, the i210 are effortless to hit. Great performance.
2nd Swing did a video recently on player's irons of 2019 and the i210 was incredibly consistent in the numbers. Pretty impressive.

Mizuno   STZ 230 9.5*   Tensei Raw White 65x

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

I played 3 sets of PXGs in 2019, Mizuno MP-20 MMC, Taylormade P760s, 2019 P790s, T100s, Cobra Forged Tec, Ping iblades, and the Ping i210......I have problems, I know, but I like testing all these irons, so many great options. The Pings were by far the most consistent as far as launch, direction, and distance. Head to head with the PXGs the Pings were way better, which suprised me. I wanted to play the PXGs as I like the look and feel, but the Pings were much better. I wanted to play forged as well, but the MP-20s, T100s, and P760s just did not have as much forgiveness, as good as all those clubs are, on center strikes the forged clubs felt much better, and I felt like I had more control, but the results were by far the best with the Pings, about 1/2 club longer. Can't go wrong with these irons. Very excited to see if they release a new i series iron in 2020.

Don't have the 210s, but have been playing the 200s since their introduction. I tried the 210s, but my results are so good with the 200s and the look so similar, I didn't make the upgrade. Prior set was S55, and S56 before that. Everytime I experiment with other irons I end up coming right back to Ping. Feel is so subjective that IMO that a decent player will learn to appreciate solidly struck shots regardless of forged, cast, etc. The Pings provide enough feedback for me to know where on the face I've struck it without being harsh, and the forgiveness is hard to beat in a player's type iron.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

I too bought the 200s after they came out. At the time, I loved the look but I was intimidated to try them out at my fitting due to my handicap. I'm glad I did, though. They have been in the bag ever since. Of all the equipment that changes in my bag, the irons always stay. They have been very durable also.