GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

2020 Masters tickets

Comments

• umassgolferumassgolfer Members  860WRX Points: 186Posts: 860 Golden Tee

Seems like everyone who has one is getting practice rounds...any stories of tournament round selections yet this year? Seeing a lot of Tuesday selections..

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • exit47exit47 Members  16WRX Points: 31Posts: 16 Bunkers

On -, @umassgolfer said:

Seems like everyone who has one is getting practice rounds...any stories of tournament round selections yet this year? Seeing a lot of Tuesday selections..

Ive never heard of anyone selected for tournament days

Posted:
  • bluetees1999bluetees1999 OhioMembers  128WRX Points: 49Handicap: 9Posts: 128 Fairways

Has anyone NOT received an email then logged on and found they had gotten tickets?

Posted:
  • neillmacparguyneillmacparguy Members  76WRX Points: 75Posts: 76 Fairways

Same email this year! Oh well. I’ll make my own pimento cheese once again.

Posted:

Neill A. MacLeod III
    Greenwood, NS
    Callaway Epic 9 deg
    Callaway Epic Flash 15 deg
    Adams Black Super Hybrid 15deg
    Miura CB-501 irons
    Scotty Cameron Fastback 34”

• bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,193Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees

On -, @dalehead said:

On -, @J Bez said:

For those of us who continued our 0-? Streak and can’t take it Amy more, any idea what the price on the secondary market will be - I mean if that was allowed??

Based on last years prices $900-1200 for practice rounds. But the price usually goes up every year. This is for the on line sellers like Stub Hub. Do not know what the sellers on Washington Road get.

Cheapest i saw last year for those hawking them here was $1300 for two. Lasted about 30 seconds. Saw several at $1100 each. And some Saturday for $2600 a pair.

Posted:
  • OldBridgeOldBridge Members  740WRX Points: 170Posts: 740 Golden Tee

I never put in for the practice days so that might be why I've never been chosen.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • ebbowronebbowron Members  411WRX Points: 84Handicap: +0.6Posts: 411 Greens

I too was rejected. My buddy and I went in 2017 for Wednesday's practice round. To those that have never been, it is quite the experience. I was absolutely floored by how cool it was, so if you won, have fun! If I ever get selected, there is no doubt I will go again.

Posted:
  • cwolfsoncwolfson cwolf Members  463WRX Points: 70Handicap: 2Posts: 463 Greens

My rejection streak continues!

Posted:
    TaylorMade M2 10.5 - Aldila Rogue Max X
    TaylorMade M2 3Hl - AD DI 8X
    Adams Pro black Hybrid 20*, Voodoo X
    Titleist 712U 4 iron, X100
    Titleist 690.cb. 5-9 iron. X100
    SM5 46* F, 50* F, 54* S, 58K
    Scotty Cameron '96 Tour Issue Newport 
  • TheGulagTheGulag Members  174WRX Points: 40Posts: 174 Fairways

I can always count on you Augusta, to give me a steady response of a no each year. Maybe one year you will slip up and let me in lol

Posted:
    tatertot wrote:

Bad day ... Like an arm fell off on the range and he decided to tough it out?
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members  13161WRX Points: 1,026Handicap: 3.8Posts: 13,161 Titanium Tees

hashtag weregret

Posted:
  • RangeballzRangeballz Members  1819WRX Points: 303Posts: 1,819 Platinum Tees

After checking last week to see if I won (I didn't of course), this week brings the official rejection email. It's like a second kick in the Titleists just after I was beginning to breathe again.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • DON SVODON SVO Hacker in progress... Lefty Boomers  1183WRX Points: 283Posts: 1,183 Platinum Tees

Rejection letter received, back to my pre-determined home viewing routine of the Masters.

Posted:
    A bag of left-handed junk.
    Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Rogue 125 MSI 60g TX
    3W: TM R11 15* Kai'li 80x
    2H: Adams Super XTD Project X blue 6.5
    3H: Adams Super XTD Aldila Proto 95x
    4-PW: Mizuno MP-32 PX LZ 6.5
    60, 56, 53: Callaway Mack Daddy, PX 6.0
    Cameron Select Newport 2
  • DeeBee30DeeBee30 Chicago areaMembers  516WRX Points: 159Handicap: 10.0Posts: 516 Golden Tee

Got my rejection yesterday...thought maybe they forgot about me since so many got theirs on Wednesday. Masters day 1 viewing party 2020 can now be planned.

Posted:
  • CallawayLeftyCallawayLefty Lefty Boomers  2069WRX Points: 170Posts: 2,069 Platinum Tees

They really need to fix their ticket system. People are going to jail over scamming the system, yet literally 95% of attendees every year acquired their ticket through some similar form of scamming.

Posted:
  • noaces06noaces06 Members  438WRX Points: 79Handicap: 4.9Posts: 438 Greens

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @texasdave said:

I’m open to any helpful info, guys, best places to stay, fly into Atlanta or South Carolina? Will probably fly in on Monday and out on Wednesday.

I’m not at alll a airport expert. But.

If it were me. Id fly into GSP ( Greenville spartanburg) and drive down. It’s a modern airport , yet relatively small and certainly not crazy busy. Zero traffic into and out of it as it’s tucked off the interstate 85 in the woods. You can go from airport property to interstate with no traffic. Then you’re around 2 hours away. Same as from Atlanta , without the crazy Atl traffic.

The airport exit is about 10 min from the I26 /i85 interchange and i26 is what you’ll ride south through Columbia and then jump over toward Augusta. You skip all metro areas that way.

Seconded - I live about 5 minutes from the GSP Airport and everything Bladehunter said is dead nuts accurate. It's a pretty easy drive from here, much better than ATL. The other option, which I used in 2014, is to fly into Charleston... but it's about the same drive and getting out of the city was a bit harder than GSP.

Posted:
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX  5538WRX Points: 1,191Posts: 5,538 ClubWRX

The only advantage to Atlanta for me is a direct flight. GSP does not offer me this. I'd have to connect in IAH, ORD or IAD.

Posted:
    TaylorMade M3 440cc 9.5* driver, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S
    TaylorMade M4 15* (small), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S
    TaylorMade SLDR 2I Hybrid, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S
    Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 50* GW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 54* SW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 58* LW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Byron Morgan custom Epic Day putter

Advertisement
  • BlackDiamondPar5BlackDiamondPar5 Quitting WRX may be in my future... Members  5848WRX Points: 1,162Posts: 5,848 Titanium Tees

My official rejection email was received today. I'm guessing they can't send them all at once or mail providers may automatically block them as spam.

Posted:
  • Murphy76Murphy76 Members  182WRX Points: 227Posts: 182 Fairways

On -, @BDowning said:

On -, @Murphy76 said:

Denied. Congrats to all who won.

Being a Cubs fan, I'm used to years of failure

Much like the Cubs, I'm a Mets fan. No winner for me this year on either account. Holding out hope for next year though, atleast for the Masters...definitely not the Mets.

You can rant and rave about Bad management, Bad player choices, Poor on-base stats, Lousy pitching, ......but it all comes down to this:

Your local sports conglomerate did not perform as well as a sports conglomerate that is located somewhere relatively far away. This upsets you. For some reason, you care about what other people accomplish in a field of work you yourself do not have the skills to work in. It's as if David Ortiz gave a **** about how quickly you could fold your laundry.

That's what disusing professional Golf is like- A bunch of people speculating about peoples' states of mind, situations, and results.

Key word: Speculating.

Posted:
  • Murphy76Murphy76 Members  182WRX Points: 227Posts: 182 Fairways

On -, @Murphy76 said:

On -, @BDowning said:

On -, @Murphy76 said:

Denied. Congrats to all who won.

Being a Cubs fan, I'm used to years of failure

Much like the Cubs, I'm a Mets fan. No winner for me this year on either account. Holding out hope for next year though, atleast for the Masters...definitely not the Mets.

You can rant and rave about Bad management, Bad player choices, Poor on-base stats, Lousy pitching, ......but it all comes down to this:

Your local sports conglomerate did not perform as well as a sports conglomerate that is located somewhere relatively far away. This upsets you. For some reason, you care about what other people accomplish in a field of work you yourself do not have the skills to work in. It's as if David Ortiz gave a **** about how quickly you could fold your laundry.

That's what disusing professional Golf is like- A bunch of people speculating about peoples' states of mind, situations, and results.

Key word: Speculating.

Discussing professional Golf is like..... .sorry for the typo

Posted:
  • tiger.19tiger.19 Members  29WRX Points: 82Posts: 29 Bunkers

Lost out again, how much would you guys consider paying for a Monday practice? Would you recommend driving 7hrs or so and taking a chance on Washington or having a 600 something in hand from stubhub? Just curious, gotta make this happen.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • toddnttoddnt Members  4321WRX Points: 203Posts: 4,321 Titanium Tees

Denied!

Posted:
  • aenematedaenemated Los Angeles, CAMembers  662WRX Points: 801Posts: 662 Golden Tee

Got my rejection email yesterday. Figure I've got a better chance at getting with Scarlett Johansson at this point.

Posted:

Titleist TS4 9.5°
    Titleist TS2 FW 15°, 18°
    Titleist TS2 Hybrid 22°
    OG Lynx Parallax 4-PW
    Miura 56°, 58° RTG
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

• mesegrnmesegrn mesegrn GeorgiaMembers  1158WRX Points: 133Posts: 1,158 Platinum Tees

I received my email for Monday practice round tickets last week. I've been trying for years and this is only the second time I've received them. I've never heard of anyone that has received tickets for tournament days! Sorry guys!

Posted:
  • Lagavulin62Lagavulin62 Members  2343WRX Points: 322Handicap: 15Posts: 2,343 Platinum Tees

Wait a min. Is this a random drawing like in a real lottery, names in a hat? What is the exact procedure?

Posted:
  • exit47exit47 Members  16WRX Points: 31Posts: 16 Bunkers

On -, @CallawayLefty said:

They really need to fix their ticket system. People are going to jail over scamming the system, yet literally 95% of attendees every year acquired their ticket through some similar form of scamming.

The majority of tickets for attendees are acquired from people committing ID and mail fraud?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Edward_MajorwinEdward_Majorwin British ColumbiaMembers  342WRX Points: 322Handicap: 13Posts: 342 Greens

Well I'll be!!
    One of my golf league buds got awarded Wednesday tickets and let me know a few weeks back while we were grouped up for a tourney. He's already been once before and said "if my buddies aren't into going again, you've got first dibs."
    Well....I'm going to Augusta!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy f***in moly!!!!

Posted:

Right-handed Canadian golfer swinging left = bad idea!
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5°
    Cobra Speedzone 3H 19°
    Titleist AP2 718 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52° - SM7 56° - SM8 60°
    Odyssey Stroke Lab ONE
    Ball: Callaway Supersoft (yellow)
    Tees: Wood from endangered rainforests

• tharpsttharpst Members  102WRX Points: 33Handicap: 9Posts: 102 Fairways

Has anyone used 3rd party ticket site like stubhub, seatgeek, or primesport? My two buddies are going to the Thursday round this year and I have decided that I am going along for the ride. By no means am I wealthy, but I'm looking at this as a once in a lifetime adventure, so I'm going to splurge and get a ticket. I just wanted to hear of any stories before I committed to a 3rd party site. I know they are reputable sites so I'm not worried about getting scammed, just curious how the process works when acquiring a ticket. Thanks in advance.

Posted:
  • Ray Ray Got GameRay Ray Got Game Members  40WRX Points: 65Posts: 40 Bunkers

I've had to use Vivid Seats for tickets in the past. Worked out fine for me (bar the disgusting price).

Pickup is at a place called Legends Club at a strip mall near the course. Only downside was that as the tickets were weekly badges, they are returned each day. Meaning I didn't get my tickets in hand until the morning I was going and they had to be back with Vivid Seats 45 minutes after close of play. So you can't dawdle around soaking up that last bit of ANGC heaven!

Any other questions, shoot me a DM.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 6.0
    Titleist TS3 15 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0
    Titleist 712 CB 2 Iron 6.0 Project X
    Titleist 712 MB 3-9 6.0 Project X
    Vokey SM7 46/52/58 KBS Tour X
    Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"

Advertisement
  • tharpsttharpst Members  102WRX Points: 33Handicap: 9Posts: 102 Fairways

Thanks!!!

Vivid seats was another 3rd party company I looked at. Do you remember what time you were able to pick up the tickets in the morning? Kind of stinks about the 45 minute deadline after play... How far was the meetup location from the course?

I have Stubhub and PrimeSports calling me with details on Monday, then I'll look at SeatGeek and Vivid. Currently, I'm looking at around 3 grand for the ticket on Thursday. I'm not sure if its best to just buy now or take the chance and wait until it gets closer.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.