2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

3 hours ago, jpdx said:

i was referring to your pic in the post. There wasnt a dash, just dot. 

Old list 4pc

<<•tour performance•>> (failed cover?)

<tour performance> (Og)

New list 4pc

<<•tour performance•>> (failed cover?)

<tour performance> (Og)

<< - tour performance - >> (???)

so was the dash ever previously on the list that anyone can remember?

I don't recall seeing the one with the dash at anytime prior to July.  The ball that was recalled due to cover issues was not a "Tour Performance" ball.  It was a "Performance One" ball and it is not currently on the conforming list,  The "Performance One" ball currently on the list has different markings than the recalled ball and has not been seen for sale.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cardigan said:

I don't recall seeing the one with the dash at anytime prior to July.  The ball that was recalled due to cover issues was not a "Tour Performance" ball.  It was a "Performance One" ball and it is not currently on the conforming list,  The "Performance One" ball currently on the list has different markings than the recalled ball and has not been seen for sale.

ha. I give up then. It was late and youre right about the performance one. Lol

Mystery continues i guess. 

• 2 weeks later...

I broke out 2 sleeves of Ksig 4pc on my trip to Az. last week. Played the same ball all the way round at Wigwam Red.  Held up perfectly. So love that ball! How hard could it be to bring that or another back to us? Come on Costco. Make it rain.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

I picked up a couple dozen of the Performance+ the other day, mainly to use on courses I’ve never played before. I play TaylorMade TP5 balls normally and losing one of those can be painful, especially on the wallet!  After reading some of the comments about excessive spin on the Kirkland’s , I took a couple to try out on a local par 3 course. I’m a 10 handicap, I’m not sure if these comments apply to lower or higher handicaps.

I have to say I was impressed by them. The feel with the irons was especially good. The comments of reduced distance, I didn’t see at all, it was just as good, if not better for iron distance with the TP5x. The Par 3 I was playing on has a longest hole of 150 yards, so I didn’t get a chance to try any of the longer clubs. 

It did maybe feel like it would exaggerate a shot shape. If I really tried to force a draw, it would verge on a hook. Likewise for a fade. As long as you dialled back the draw/fade, the ball felt like it had a nice bit of control to it.

Putting was really strange. The Kirkland Performance+ felt the opposite of a TP5x, it felt a bit harsh when putting - almost like a cheaper ball. BUT… when putting the ball had a lot more “zip” to it and I was sinking in a few 12ft+ putts, which I don’t do very often! While the ball maybe felt a bit cheap when putting, I couldn’t complain about the results. 

Overall, the Kirkland Performance+ for iron, wedge and putting performed really well for a $1 ball. If you struggle to get shot shaping like a draw or fade, then this ball might be able to really help. If you’re used to playing another type of premium ball, it might take a couple practice rounds to get used to the Kirkland Performance+.

In summary, it almost felt like a bit of a beast that needed to be tamed and controlled. I’m sure you could play this if you wanted to try some “Bubba Golf” hitting massive hooks and slices! But dial it back and it’s a solid ball with a really good price point.

Hopefully I can try it off the tee in the next few days and give an updated report!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OK_Golf said:

I can’t bear for this thread to die.  I don’t have anything new or important to say, but the thread is too important.

ok, here goes: I played the v2 three-piece for most of 2021.  I did not feel I had distance loss off the driver, but I played two low spin drivers: SLDR and now Callaway Epic Max LS.  I realized after switching between various balls recently that I liked the short game spin and REALLY like the feel of the v2 three-piece.  It’s starting to become my actual preferred ball.  Not just a “decent ball for a cheap price”.

I've played both the v3.1 and v3.2, found something interesting about them.  I used them with assorted clubs, and found when I broke out the persimmons, I actually gained distance over other balls.

The feel takes some adjustment, because I've played softer balls for so long, including wound, but I expect that adjustment would come with a little time and use.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

21 minutes ago, ASN21 said:

I have been seeing the opposite results lately. Too much spin off the tee and not enough green side for the V2. Just trying to get through my stash now and be done with them. 

Not sure what ball is going to give you enough greenside spin then honestly. Numerous tests have shown it's probably the highest spinner out there. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

51 minutes ago, ASN21 said:

Plenty. The TP5 line, ProV line obviously and also Bridgestone B line. 

According to the ball test that one spy site did with a robot last year the v2 KSig spins more than all of them maybe to it's own detriment. 

From their report:

Kirkland Performance+ V2 Always a curiosity because of its price point, the Kirkland Performance+ V2 was surprisingly consistent but easily qualifies as the spiniest ball in the test. It’s an inexpensive though decidedly niche offering. Golfers often want more spin but probably not this much.

Edited by bhj83

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

5 hours ago, bhj83 said:

According to the ball test that one spy site did with a robot last year the v2 KSig spins more than all of them maybe to it's own detriment. 

From their report:

Kirkland Performance+ V2 Always a curiosity because of its price point, the Kirkland Performance+ V2 was surprisingly consistent but easily qualifies as the spiniest ball in the test. It’s an inexpensive though decidedly niche offering. Golfers often want more spin but probably not this much.

Yeah I saw that test and respect their testing. However I know great green side spin when I see it and the V2 doesn’t have it for me. Ymmv of course. 

8 minutes ago, ASN21 said:

Yeah I saw that test and respect their testing. However I know great green side spin when I see it and the V2 doesn’t have it for me. Ymmv of course. 

has to be something you're doing, no ball zips back as far as the Kirkland 3 piece. I've tried them all, it's almost uncontrollable sometimes.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

On 1/10/2022 at 12:55 PM, bhj83 said:

I'll take a stab at it. Costco produces a 4 piece urethane ball, prices it at 2 for $29.99. Immediately becomes a success with reviews saying it's comparable with a ProV1. Ball sells out every time it gets stocked even with Costco limiting purchases to two per customer. Some sort of lawsuit is filed by a big ball company...4 piece disappears. Costco comes out with a 3 piece urethane ball at 2 for $24.99. Internet determines it's a good ball for the average golfer but it's no 4 piece OG Kirkland. Consensus seems to be you lose distance off the tee mostly and it spins a lot. Costco tries to release 4 piece v2.0. It was a disaster and the cover would cut/tear after minimal use. It was so bad that Costco refunded all purchases and told buyers there was no need to return the balls. Costco releases another 3 piece (V2.0) urethane ball. Similar to the original 3 piece but different type of urethane cover. Still not the 4 piece OG we impatiently wait for. This thread is still alive because we continue to impatiently wait for the unicorn 4 piece urethane Kirkland Signature golf ball for $15 per dozen. 

Does the 3 Piece V2.0 also spin as much as the original 3 piece ball?

7 minutes ago, AutomationGolfer said:

Does the 3 Piece V2.0 also spin as much as the original 3 piece ball?

That spy site dubbed it the "spinniest" ball in the big test they did so I'd say yes. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

I had just revisited the 2021 ball test for fun, and then Rick Shiels does a video this morning on the Performance+ V2.  After hitting a few shots with driver, says it was super low spin.  so funny to see such different results.

Edited by subrew
  • Like 1

Ping G425 MAX Flat Big + (Grand Bassara 29R)

Adams Idea Pro A12 Proto 16* and 20* (Adams Ultralight 50 Ladies)

Honma Rose Proto 4-9  (Bassara 50HI)

ProtoC P2 46.5* (Bassara 50HI)

Ping Glide 4 52* and 58* (BAssara 50HI)

McGregor Bobby Grace VFoil M5K Putter

1 minute ago, subrew said:

I had just revisited the 2021 ball test for fun, and then Rick Shiels does a video this morning on the Performance+ V2.  After hitting a few shots with driver, says it was super low spin.  

Ha I saw that too. Funny thing is I thought he already reviewed the V2 but maybe he was just late in reviewing the V1. I remember him doing a similar test and stating he lost distance off the driver but everything else was great 🤷🏻‍♂️

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

1 hour ago, Wolfhammer said:

Rick Shiels is calling the V2 low spin and durable, contrary to many other reviews. What does this mean? There is so much subjectivity surrounding what many of us look for in a golf ball. Play what you like. Me? I'm going to fire up another double dozen and grab a slice of pep while I'm at it.

I'll keep playing the Kirkland until I find a better ball for the money, or I can keep a ball in play long enough that durability becomes a factor.  I spray it too much to worry about the "perfect ball for me".  Right now this is a "good enough ball that I can afford to lose".  If there's a better $1 ball out there, I'd love to find it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sto Pro Veritate

2 hours ago, Girevik said:

I'll keep playing the Kirkland until I find a better ball for the money, or I can keep a ball in play long enough that durability becomes a factor.  I spray it too much to worry about the "perfect ball for me".  Right now this is a "good enough ball that I can afford to lose".  If there's a better $1 ball out there, I'd love to find it.

Amazing ball for the casual round. Og 4pc or other premium ball when theres moola on the line!!

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 4:32 PM, Girevik said:

There isn't... 

One of the last times I played in October I was having a pretty bad day on a links course and was losing some TP5's. Switched to the Kirkland and saw absolutely no difference in distance of feel for that matter.  Actually relaxed and played much better.  BTW; I wouldn't know if I hit it 240 yds or 250 yds.  Every once in a while I'll nail one at 270.  My longest drive of 2021 was with a Ksig 2.0 at 285.  I still have 2 double dozen which will last me into 2023

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wantacigar said:

There isn't... 

One of the last times I played in October I was having a pretty bad day on a links course and was losing some TP5's. Switched to the Kirkland and saw absolutely no difference in distance of feel for that matter.  Actually relaxed and played much better.  BTW; I wouldn't know if I hit it 240 yds or 250 yds.  Every once in a while I'll nail one at 270.  My longest drive of 2021 was with a Ksig 2.0 at 285.  I still have 2 double dozen which will last me into 2023

Two dozen lasts to 2023 from now? Doyouevengolf??? 😂

And here’s the one where he doesn’t like it so much. Rick seemed to be fairly independent for longer than most of the on-line reviewer/tools, but that too shall pass. 

Driver - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 5S

FW - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 6S

Hybrid - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 7S

Irons - ZX5 / C-Taper Lite S

Wedges - SM9 50/08 56/10 60/04

Putter - Odyssey Ai-One Milled #7 T

2 minutes ago, Jeff58 said:

And here’s the one where he doesn’t like it so much. Rick seemed to be fairly independent for longer than most of the on-line reviewer/tools, but that too shall pass. 

In his defense, that was the 3PC V1 and the new review is a V2. He could've done a better job mentioning the difference and linking the original video. I was thinking he had already reviewed the V2 but it was that video I remembered. 

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

11 hours ago, Jeff58 said:

Interesting that in addition to saying it passed the durability test with flying colors, he specifically called out how low spin it was off the driver.  Too much driver spin was the single biggest complaint of the V1.  Kinda puts my  mind at ease a little bit about it.

• Like 2

Sto Pro Veritate