2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

1 minute ago, Girevik said:

Interesting that in addition to saying it passed the durability test with flying colors, he specifically called out how low spin it was off the driver.  Too much driver spin was the single biggest complaint of the V1.  Kinda puts my  mind at ease a little bit about it.

I guess it comes down to whether you trust Rick hitting like 5 drives and coming to the conclusion that it's low spin or a robot that delivers the same swing every time (unlike a human) saying it's not low spin 😂 Either way, if it works for you play it! 

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

On 2/18/2022 at 9:54 AM, bhj83 said:

I guess it comes down to whether you trust Rick hitting like 5 drives and coming to the conclusion that it's low spin or a robot that delivers the same swing every time (unlike a human) saying it's not low spin 😂 Either way, if it works for you play it! 

Oh, no!  bhj is laughing at me!!  I guess I'll withhold any future opinions on what I find interesting until I get prior approval.  

• Haha 1

Sto Pro Veritate

On 2/17/2022 at 9:37 PM, jpdx said:

Two dozen lasts to 2023 from now? Doyouevengolf??? 😂

LOL!!  Unfortunately I do.....that was TWO DOUBLE DOZEN (4 doz).  I didn't mention the 6 doz. TP5, 3 doz. TM Tour Response.  So yes, I play golf, if you want to call it that at times 🤣.  I generally go through 3-5 doz a year depending on how much I play.  Last year went through 4.5 doz.  Wasn't a great year......🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wantacigar said:

LOL!!  Unfortunately I do.....that was TWO DOUBLE DOZEN (4 doz).  I didn't mention the 6 doz. TP5, 3 doz. TM Tour Response.  So yes, I play golf, if you want to call it that at times 🤣.  I generally go through 3-5 doz a year depending on how much I play.  Last year went through 4.5 doz.  Wasn't a great year......🤦‍♂️

i haven't actually kept track of how many a season, but im guessing 10-15. Im a sucker and keep buying the ksig 3pc balls. And im sitting on a huge (to me) stash of about 30dz+ Of various balls. 

4 hours ago, wantacigar said:

Or did you lose more balls because you played more golf?  And therefore it WAS a great year!!

Regardless, I'm jealous.  I can go through a double dozen by the turn.  Hopefully Costco keeps the balls in stock!

• Haha 2

Sto Pro Veritate

Went out today played 9 holes, I compared the Bridgestone tour B Rxs and the Kirkland V2. Distance wise they are Identical i had several that were side by side. Spin the Kirkland has more for my swing anyway. Feel the Kirkland feels much softer. Overall between these 2 for me the Kirkland I believe hands down is the better ball. 

Was in Dallas last week and played the OG 4 piece ball which has been in the golf ball closet, untouched, for a couple of years.  Geez, this ball is still just good.  Right now the usual ball is the Bridgestone E12 and the KSig seemed to be an easy 20 yards longer off the tee and 10 yards longer off irons.  With our season approaching, it's given my pause to reconsider which ball is in the bag.  Being mid 60's and picking up that kind of distance is certainly something to think about as I'm confident my swing didn't improve since last fall.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DavePelz4 said:

Was in Dallas last week and played the OG 4 piece ball which has been in the golf ball closet, untouched, for a couple of years.  Geez, this ball is still just good.  Right now the usual ball is the Bridgestone E12 and the KSig seemed to be an easy 20 yards longer off the tee and 10 yards longer off irons.  With our season approaching, it's given my pause to reconsider which ball is in the bag.  Being mid 60's and picking up that kind of distance is certainly something to think about as I'm confident my swing didn't improve since last fall.

I have 6 dozen left, and for some reason I can't bring myself to play them much. If I lose one it's like a dagger to the heart, lol. Such a great ball, I hope the unicorn that is the new 4 piece is as good.

• Like 4

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

On 3/1/2022 at 5:36 PM, golfn808 said:

I have less than a dozen left out of 8 dozen.  At first it was okay when I lost a ball or two - thinking a new 4-piece would be released "soon".  After I opened my last dozen, I'm finding myself with a bit more anxiety when I lose one.

I feel your pain. I pick the range at my course and thus have a lot of like new ProV1’s that I am now playing. I’m hesitant to get into my 4 Piece KSigs as I fear they may never return so I save them for tournaments etc. I’m one of the odd ones that prefer them over ProV’s.

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

• 1 month later...

Pretty sure I'm picking up another double dozen next Costco trip.  There's no way this version is around forever.  Somehow management will manage to screw it up, just like they did with the Costco jeans about 15 years ago. 

• Like 2

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

I don't know why I have a wandering eye and am continually looking to move on from my K-Sig (actually I do...I can't get that "too spinny" reputation all the way out of my head).  I'm sure I'll stay with my one true love because I think they're the best bang for the buck.......BUT.  Can anyone say how they compare to the Top Flite Gamer? They're not THAT much more expensive when they're 2 for $40, and I'm really hoping this is the year I can actually keep the ball in play.

Sto Pro Veritate

2 minutes ago, Girevik said:

I don't know why I have a wandering eye and am continually looking to move on from my K-Sig (actually I do...I can't get that "too spinny" reputation all the way out of my head).  I'm sure I'll stay with my one true love because I think they're the best bang for the buck.......BUT.  Can anyone say how they compare to the Top Flite Gamer? They're not THAT much more expensive when they're 2 for $40, and I'm really hoping this is the year I can actually keep the ball in play.

Man, I remember when the Top Flite Gamer was all the rage on WRX and I played them extensively. That was before they were even urethane and I think they lost some of their magic when they came out with the urethane version. I haven't played one in many years and can't speak to how they perform, but I'd have doubts they'd be a better ball than the Kirkland. Crazy thing is, I was playing the other day and came across a Top Flite and thought to myself "I wonder if this is a GAMER". I haven't even found one of them in years. 

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

18 hours ago, Girevik said:

I get what you mean about Spinny in my head, LOL.  I played the new Gamer last year.  It's an ionomer cover and less spinny. Distance and feel are pretty good.  However, with them trying to make the ball "feel soft" the cover isn't as durable as a typical ionomer covered ball.  I would definitely say they are pretty decent balls.  That being said, I think the Vice Tour are a much better ball for a 3 piece Surlyn covered ball. 

As long as it's not too windy, the K-Sig don't really balloon for me so I use it.  Windy conditions I use Snell MTB-X.  Best ball in the wind I've ever used.  I'll generally alternate between TP-5, TM TR, K-Sig and Snell.  Those make up the majority of my "Stash".  I use the K-Sigs when I play a course that has a lot of water.  More cost efficient to lose without giving up any noticeable performance for my game

Edited by wantacigar
  • Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 2:53 PM, Girevik said:

I played both the K-sig 3.2 and the Top Flite Gamer most of the season last year...throw in some odd rounds with Dunlop balls, the Pro V1x in my avatar, and a few other odds and ends.  My handicap, per The Grint, is somewhere around <<sometimes accidentally holds the club at the head and swings the grip at the ball>>.  Generally speaking, I find the Top Flite Gamer to be easier to hit than the K-sig...they're a little straighter, a little longer. I  suppose that's attributable to being lower spin than the K-sigs. 

The simple fact of my reality is that I had 4 dozen K-Sigs last year and only 1 dozen TFG's, so I still have a ton of K-sigs left, and only 1 lil' sleeve of TFGs.  That's why K-sigs are in my signature line as my main ball - I played more rounds with those than any other, for nothing more than the sheer fact that I had a ton.

The K-sigs feel more like the PV1x to me, but my golf game just isn't at a point where I can take advantage of that.

• Like 1

What's In The Bag?

Srixon Z565 Driver, 4W, 4H

Ping G400 5-U

Kirkland Sig Wedges

Odyssey White Hot Putter

Hyundai Equus Alignment Sticks

KSig balls for now - in search of something new

10 hours ago, larciel said:

What is wrong with Costco? Golf has been booming since pandemic and no sign of stopping. All other manufacture has been putting up best numbers which means demand is THERE TO TAKE!!

give me my 4 piece!!!

There have been ball shortages and some materials needed to make balls have been in short supply (Snell limits purchases now). There are long lead-times on a lot of clubs, grips have seen shortages. There are supply chain issues that I am sure may be affecting any plans Costco may have for introducing a new 4 piece ball much less and improved 3-piece, needed or not. Demand probably has nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

I’m going back for another double dozen.  I keep trying to change my mind and play with another ball, maybe a nice Bridgestone or Srixon … but I can’t find my back to the land of the full-priced tour ball!! 

51FFFD41-247F-41EB-B5C6-69A87C57042D.jpeg

• Like 1

WITB
Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS, stock stiff, 9*
3 wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max, stock stiff, 15*,
Hybrid: Callaway XR Pro stock pro stiff 18*
Irons: Callaway Apex (2014) 4-AW, KBS Tour-V 110 S
Wedges: Mizuno MP-T 56*; Callaway X Series Jaws 60*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Fastback

Late to this party... couple questions

- Can you distinguish which Kirkland ball you have (3 piece, 4 piece, v1, v2 etc) just by the ball?

- I'm a low swing speed player. Currently playing Srixon Soft Feels but need more spin, would the Kirkland be good for me or will I see some distance loss on driver/tee shots (I can't really afford to lose more distance as it is)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darunia484 said:

- Can you distinguish which Kirkland ball you have (3 piece, 4 piece, v1, v2 etc) just by the ball?

- I'm a low swing speed player. Currently playing Srixon Soft Feels but need more spin, would the Kirkland be good for me or will I see some distance loss on driver/tee shots (I can't really afford to lose more distance as it is)

you'll love them. I have put a few of my slower swinging friends in that ball (ss around 90) and they've all gained distance with the balls. 

• Like 2

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

1 hour ago, snagy2000 said:

Only one version available in 3pc. Spend $25 and find out for yourself. Better than rely on internet "tour pros", even the Wrx ones.

This^

When I read someone's opinion and start to value it, but then read they've recently gamed a Top Flite... there's no coming back from that. No offense we've all been in the cheap ball market and played golf for different reason, and I am not trying to be elitest in the least bit. But, if you're comparing KSig vs any other premium ball and/or DTC premiums then I want to read it. The opinions of the lower tier balls vs KSig shouldn't even be a conversation anymore. If you have a costco near you play the KSig. 

Baseball Bat gen 2

Shovel (multi material)

Garden hoe (steel tip)

Rake

17 hours ago, bekgolf said:

I had a thought the other day at Costco.

If they charged $30 a dozen people would like the ball more.  People are funny.

That's reserved for the ever elusive 4 piece.

3 hours ago, darunia484 said:

Yes, except for the difference between the V1 and V2 (which I STILL don't understand).  If you're buying new it the 3 piece V2.

Sto Pro Veritate

I still have boxes of the k-sig 3 piece v1 to go through. I pull out multiple sleeves if I'm solo walking a course and I'm tuning my game. I'll drop 2-4 and practice specific shots. If I happen to hit one way off line, then it doesn't break me when I don't go get it. 

It's not a 4-piece ball, but for the price it's a very consistent ball and feels like a premium ball off the face to me. 

• Like 1

Mavrik 10.5 Project X Riptide 6.5 Small Batch

Sim 17 Ventus Red 7X

Sim Hybrid 21 Ventus Blue 9X

3-5 P770  KBS C-taper 120

6-PW Blueprint KBS C-taper 125 ssx1

52,56,60 MG3 TW DG S400

GCQuad/SwingCatalyst/FLIR Blackfly/Fiberbuilt/Carl's Place DIY

"Better" is subjective.  It all depends on personal preferences.  For me, the 4-piece is the perfect ball.  I have a couple of friends who use and prefer the 3-piece.  I also know a bunch of folks who only use Pro V1s, Bridgestones, etc... and absolutely hate the Kirkland balls.

Different strokes for different folks.