Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

41 minutes ago, gioreeko said:

I've switched to colored balls, the Vice Pro plus shade and lime green are the easiest to pick up. It's funny, as my 57 year old eyes get a little worse, speed training has made my drives as long as ever, and I routinely hit 300 plus yard drives each round. Thank goodness for the colored balls!!

I live on an island on the East Coast (Long Island, NY).  I think Rory has a hard time carrying 300 yds here.  The air gets so heavy it's rediculous.

I really like the Vice Pro Neon.  I have 3 dozen red/blue drip which really has no distinction on course from the standard white.  I also have 6 dozen white.  I will probably buy a few dozen neon next 5+1 deal.  Or....If someone has two dozen neon they would trade for 2 dozen white..........UNLESS the yellow Kirkland prove to be good!

Edited by wantacigar
  • Like 2

I’ve played the V2 Kirkland balls. Never got to try the OG 4 piece with all the hype. 

These are hard to beat for the money in my opinion. I would love it if they could improve on that ball, perhaps making it more like the older one, and keep it the same relative price. 

I’m very interested to try these!

PXG 0311 Gen 6 10.5* (Motore X F3 6S)

PXG ‘21 0211 3 & 5 wd (Tensei Blue 75S)

Callaway Mav Pro 4 Hybrid (KBS HYB 80S)

Wilson D9 Forged 5-G (DG105 S300)

Vokey SM8 54.12 and 60.08 (KBS 120 FLT)

TaylorMade Spider GT #3

1 minute ago, Girevik said:

I just hope this isn't another tease like the last 4pc that showed up on the list and never appeared. But I think the markdown on the current ball is a good sign. I was at my local store a couple days ago and couldn't find any balls at all so hopefully the new ones are on the way.

Agree on all fronts!

TaylorMade Spider GT #3

18 hours ago, larciel said:

I liked the yellow. It's more of bright green. Reminds me of Volvik

I have an unopened dozen green Volvik Vivids in my basement (no, not for sale. I love the color to much to get rid of it!). That's the most visible ball I've ever seen and the one that gives the Vice Pro/Plus green a run for the money. I would love to see a ball I love to hit in that color! 

The kirkland has more yellow in it, but I'm guessing will be great when spotting the ball! 

Edited by IndyArcher
  • Like 1

Hoping they bring the spin down a bit from the V2. That and the lack of yellow were the reasons I went with Snell. If they have yellow that'll remove one consideration, and if the spin comes down to normal-ish levels, I can't see any reason to pay more. 

• Like 4

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

12 minutes ago, betarhoalphadelta said:

Hoping they bring the spin down a bit from the V2. That and the lack of yellow were the reasons I went with Snell. If they have yellow that'll remove one consideration, and if the spin comes down to normal-ish levels, I can't see any reason to pay more. 

I hope so about the spin as well. Surely that’s something they are working toward, right? They have to have people who have been watching reviews where that’s the greatest criticism against the ball, right? I need somebody to assure me that this isn’t just a warmed-up leftover painted a different color. 😂

TaylorMade Spider GT #3

14 hours ago, Wolfhammer said:

My local Costco (Chicagoland) is still without balls. Going on a few weeks now. Either a re-stock of V2's or the new ball should in coming soon with the weather changing. Does Costco not ever advertise new releases?

Sometimes they'll put it in the monthly Costco Connection magazine which is sent to Members. April's issue did not have any golf related items.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

Sometimes they'll put it in the monthly Costco Connection magazine which is sent to Members. April's issue did not have any golf related items.

I've been a member for 25 years and never received one.  I do recall they announced the introduction of the four piece ball a few years ago in Costco Connection.  I still find it odd they didn't bring it back after fixing the cover issues.  

22 hours ago, Wolfhammer said:

My local Costco (Chicagoland) is still without balls. Going on a few weeks now. Either a re-stock of V2's or the new ball should in coming soon with the weather changing. Does Costco not ever advertise new releases?

Only in their sale flyers they send out that I'm aware of.

• Like 1

Sto Pro Veritate

On 4/8/2023 at 10:26 PM, Wolfhammer said:

I’m not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere, but it looks like they’re clearing out the v2.  My local Costco has the double dozens on clearance at $19.97. I like the ball during the winter, but not for regular play, so won’t binge even though this is a great deal. 

• Like 1
Ping G430LST 9* - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x
Taylormade BRNR Mini 11.5*  -  Graphite Design AD-DI 6s
Taylormade M2 Tour 18* - Project X Red Handcrafted 75 stiff 
Titleist Tsi3 20* - Graphite Design AD-DI hy 95stiff
Titleist T150 5i & 6i- Steelfiber 115fc f4
Ping Blueprint 7i-PW - Steelfiber 115fc f4
Titleist Vokey SM9 raw 50.12* - Steelfiber 115fc f4 
Titleist Vokey SM9 54.12* - Accra Spt Wedge 125g
Titleist Vokey SM9 raw 58.08* - Steelfiber 125stiff 
Scotty Cameron Newport Button Back - BGT Stability
Srixon Z-Star Yellow (2019)

On 4/8/2023 at 9:26 PM, Wolfhammer said:

My Costco insider (also Chicagoland) looked into it and told me “golf balls coming in two weeks”. That was about two weeks ago. That’s all they said - very light on details, but we should see restocking of some sort of golf balls this week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Girevik said:

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Yep...I feel the same way. Where are these new golf balls?! I'm gonna need somebody to drop a YouTube video...I feel like we had a PXG ball video before the ball was even officially announced!!

• Haha 1

TaylorMade Spider GT #3

1 hour ago, LeftyZach said:

Yep...I feel the same way. Where are these new golf balls?! I'm gonna need somebody to drop a YouTube video...I feel like we had a PXG ball video before the ball was even officially announced!!

I imagine PXG is a little more concerned about getting the word out. I don't get the feel that Kirkland is all that concerned about sending preview balls to influencers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sto Pro Veritate

3 hours ago, Girevik said:

I imagine PXG is a little more concerned about getting the word out. I don't get the feel that Kirkland is all that concerned about sending preview balls to influencers.

Touché. 😂

Edited by LeftyZach
Added emoji

TaylorMade Spider GT #3

On 4/3/2023 at 6:06 AM, cardigan said:

FYI - Yellow 3pc has appeared on the conforming list.  It's for the model that hasn't been seen in stores before.  Different markings than the current (v2) and original 3pc.

V2 (and original) 3pc - wedge dot Performance + dot wedge

White (on list for a while but never seen for sale) and yellow (new to list) -  wedge wedge Performance + wedge wedge

Kept reading "wedge" thinking your were also talking about the new wedges, but you mean left and right angle brackets (or chevrons).

But If the new balls spin a little less instantly going into the rotation

Edited by JDIL
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JDIL said:

Kept reading "wedge" thinking your were also talking about the new wedges, but you mean left and right angle brackets (or chevrons).

But If the new balls spin a little less instantly going into the rotation

Agreed. They’re already killer value even with high spin. If they figure that out, they’ll have a winner in my book!

• Like 1

TaylorMade Spider GT #3

Here's the problem with Costco and why I stopped even considering them.  They tease with a release with the conforming list and take a year to bring it to the stores.  The Costco in Commack, Long Island and pallets of Callaway Edge box sets (A really good set of irons for beginners.  Even mid handicapper).  Balls $19.99 for the V2.0.  Where are the new balls and clubs.  Don't Costco know they are dealing with impatient people!  Sorry Costco, I've moved on.  Maybe I'll pick up a double dozen yellow when they eventually or if they show up but my regulars have switched to Vice Pro and will stay there.  Maybe I'll try the clubs for next year, if they show up and after the 300 YT video reviews.  

I played the Kirklands again for only the second time since I purchased the 24-pack about six months ago.  I play a 6-hole Par 3 course every morning, this morning I went around four times.  This isn't a pitch and putt course, holes range from 100-190yds, with most in the 130-160yd range.  For my 50yo average swing speed, that means a lot of 6, 7, 8, and 9 irons, with some PW shots if I play a round off the red tees.

I played a combo of 2-ball Best ball and 2-ball Worst ball today.  So each of these two balls were hit 24 times off the tees with smooth average swing speed iron shots.  Only needed to chip three times, but all were just soft bump and runs from 5-10' off the green.  No full wedge shots at all.

I have been playing my set of Yamaha Inpres X-Forged irons.  Decent shape, nothing special about the faces/grooves.

I normally play soft compression balls like the Duo Soft, Supersoft, E6 etc.  And I have over 21,000 shots using my Arccos, so my distances are well known.

-Noticeably higher spin.  Totally different shape as it launches lower and just balloons up near the apex of the flight.

-A solid 1/2 to 3/4 club distance shorter.  Tees were in easy positions today, fairly center of the greens, so the shorter distance was obvious as I putted from the front of the green most holes.  A few holes I had to club up 1 to be able to carry a front bunker.  

-The covers are ripped up badly.  One ball has four sections of cuts, rips, tears.  One section has pieces of cover tearing up like hairs.  I wouldn't play one of these balls again, and likely would put the other ball in my left pocket as a backup.

I really only played them again because green conditions got very firm, and I was having a hard time holding some greens with the lower-spinning soft compression balls I normally play.  But these didn't really improve the matter, as they just came in with a lower trajectory and still bounced quite a bit before any spin took a bite.  The main difference was I putting from the front fo the green, instead of the back of the green.  And I'm basically throwing away two balls after 24 shots each.  I can often play a Duo Soft or Noodle for an entire week (100+ shots) before I even see minor scuffs.  And I never see these kinds of tears.

kirkland2.jpg

kirkland1.jpg

yamaha.jpg

• Like 1

Ping G425 MAX Flat Big + (Grand Bassara 29R)

Adams Idea Pro A12 Proto 16* and 20* (Adams Ultralight 50 Ladies)

Honma Rose Proto 4-9  (Bassara 50HI)

ProtoC P2 46.5* (Bassara 50HI)

Ping Glide 4 52* and 58* (BAssara 50HI)

McGregor Bobby Grace VFoil M5K Putter

8 hours ago, wantacigar said:

Here's the problem with Costco and why I stopped even considering them.  They tease with a release with the conforming list and take a year to bring it to the stores.  The Costco in Commack, Long Island and pallets of Callaway Edge box sets (A really good set of irons for beginners.  Even mid handicapper).  Balls $19.99 for the V2.0.  Where are the new balls and clubs.  Don't Costco know they are dealing with impatient people!  Sorry Costco, I've moved on.  Maybe I'll pick up a double dozen yellow when they eventually or if they show up but my regulars have switched to Vice Pro and will stay there.  Maybe I'll try the clubs for next year, if they show up and after the 300 YT video reviews.  

I don't sweat what's on the confirming list too much, sure it's fun to look forward to the promise of something new, but I only focus on what's available in the store. And until there is a better value out there I'll keep buying the Kirkland. Given that they've marked down the current balls and many stores are out of stock, I've got to think the new ball is immanent. And in the meantime if there is another ball that shows up that provides more value for the price than Kirkland, I'll move on.

Now, if I blow through my supply of V2 balls before the new one shows, I'll have an issue.

• Like 1

Sto Pro Veritate

13 hours ago, Girevik said:

I don't sweat what's on the confirming list too much, sure it's fun to look forward to the promise of something new, but I only focus on what's available in the store. And until there is a better value out there I'll keep buying the Kirkland. Given that they've marked down the current balls and many stores are out of stock, I've got to think the new ball is immanent. And in the meantime if there is another ball that shows up that provides more value for the price than Kirkland, I'll move on.

Now, if I blow through my supply of V2 balls before the new one shows, I'll have an issue.

I have about 4 dozen V2 left.  I use them for the courses I play with ALLOT of water so when I eventually cut or pull one into the water it don't bother me.  I have enough balls to last at least 2-4 years.  I'll probably buy more even though my wife is ready to make me sleep with them.  She saw the stash on Saturday.  I have a corner computer desk in my home office and they are stacked up from the floor to the bottom of the underside of the desktop.  Two towers of ball boxes (about 20 dozen including about 3-4 dozen Top Flite Gamer and Callaway Diablo Tour I give my son to play with when we go play golf).   The question was posed "Are all those boxes full of golf balls?"

caught ted GIF

• Haha 3