Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

3 hours ago, BYK said:

Is there any indication that this will ever happen again?

has it been supply chain that made this not happen?

If there is a market for it (there is) and they can make a profit off it (they will), anything is possible. They spent time and energy making gloves, putters, wedges, 4 different renditions of golf balls etc. etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see more balls, maybe bags, an iron set or woods...But again, you're dealing with a supply issue (case and point, Snell golf).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BYK said:

Economy is (supposedly) going into sh*thole for next 12-18months. Supply issue will be long forgotten. Shipping container fee from China went backto pre-Covid price already. Soon there will be leftover of pretty much all supplies except energy sector.

• Thanks 1

Happened to see Costco had a black friday special on the Caddytek push cart ($129) and on the Caddytek rangefinder ($99).

Looks like they're advertising $4 off on the K3.2 balls too. 

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

28 minutes ago, North Butte said:

I predict in the year 2032 there will still be near-daily postings in this thread asking when the 4pc original K-Sig is coming back. And they'll get replies saying it might happen any day now. 

And just FYI General Francisco Franco is still dead. 

Like Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

50 minutes ago, North Butte said:

And just FYI General Francisco Franco is still dead. 

CC doing SNL 45 years ago.  Loved it.

To keep the thread on track I check prices on the Ksig almost every time I'm in the store.  They are always $23.99 for two dozen or $27.99 but they always go back to $24.  This is in the Puget Sound region of the PNW.  Not sure why they would be more in Issaquah.

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

On 11/24/2022 at 6:39 PM, BYK said:

As long as a 4 piece keeps showing up on the conforming ball list, that shows to me that Costco has an interest in making it happen.  If disappears from the list, then I think hope disappears as well.  Until the next time.

• Like 1

Sto Pro Veritate

On 11/24/2022 at 5:26 PM, jpdx said:

Insane bad? Or insane good? 

BAD

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrik - Fujikura Pro 2.0 6-S stiff 
Tour Edge 3 wood - Mitsubishi Fubuki HL-55 stiff 
Callaway Apex 21 3 hybrid - UST Mamiya Recoil Dart 75 HYB stiff
Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal 5-PW - Nippon N.S. PROGH neo stiff 

Haywood Signature 48°, 52°, 56°, 60° - KBS Tour stiff
PXG One & Done

On 11/25/2022 at 1:19 PM, bekgolf said:

CC doing SNL 45 years ago.  Loved it.

To keep the thread on track I check prices on the Ksig almost every time I'm in the store.  They are always $23.99 for two dozen or $27.99 but they always go back to $24.  This is in the Puget Sound region of the PNW.  Not sure why they would be more in Issaquah.

Today, the price was 27.99 before the $4 off in Issaquah.

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2022 at 2:44 PM, soregongolfer said:

A test between 2.0 vs. Callaway Chrome Soft X.  Their results claim it's about a club short.  I don't think it's quite that short, but it is short. 😉

Cheap Vs Expensive Golf Balls Test | Golf Monthly

The issues I have with reviews like these are the average golfer (95% of us) don't have swing speeds that produce 300 yard drives.  The kirland V2.0, like the Taylor Made Tour Response, work better with swing speeds less than 105mph.  My driver ss is 93-96.  If I over swing I get it to about 100.  The higher swing speed players that get more than 250-280 yards of carry do see a drop in performance.  My gamers are the TP5 and Maxfli Tour CG.  I use the Ksigs for casual rounds, courses with ALOT of water hazards, etc.  I find the distances are indistinguishable.  Admittedly, due to the higher spin, my short irons sometimes get about a 2-5 yards less.  I know this and adjust.  This distance differential is so minimal that I've used the Ksig  for league events.  For the vast majority of golfers that want the benefits of a 3pc urethane ball without spending a fortune to play them, the Ksigs are a really good quality ball and a good option.  I know guys that are a single digit handicap and use the Ksig on the regular.  He does all his scoring within 100 yards and this ball does exactly what he wants.  His longest drives are 250 with roll out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wantacigar said:

The issues I have with reviews like these are the average golfer (95% of us) don't have swing speeds that produce 300 yard drives.  The kirland V2.0, like the Taylor Made Tour Response, work better with swing speeds less than 105mph.  My driver ss is 93-96.  If I over swing I get it to about 100.  The higher swing speed players that get more than 250-280 yards of carry do see a drop in performance.  My gamers are the TP5 and Maxfli Tour CG.  I use the Ksigs for casual rounds, courses with ALOT of water hazards, etc.  I find the distances are indistinguishable.  Admittedly, due to the higher spin, my short irons sometimes get about a 2-5 yards less.  I know this and adjust.  This distance differential is so minimal that I've used the Ksig  for league events.  For the vast majority of golfers that want the benefits of a 3pc urethane ball without spending a fortune to play them, the Ksigs are a really good quality ball and a good option.  I know guys that are a single digit handicap and use the Ksig on the regular.  He does all his scoring within 100 yards and this ball does exactly what he wants.  His longest drives are 250 with roll out.

Speaking of the latter part of your post I'm same way my longest drives now with my back are 250, but I'm very good within 100yds. I'm a 4hcp I really locmve the Ksig except 2 things. It Flys WAY to high for me and doesn't come in yellow. I'm a high ball hitter already so I need a ball that comes in yellow and doesn't fly as high. My SS is around 90-93 driver

1 hour ago, Longdriver295 said:

Speaking of the latter part of your post I'm same way my longest drives now with my back are 250, but I'm very good within 100yds. I'm a 4hcp I really locmve the Ksig except 2 things. It Flys WAY to high for me and doesn't come in yellow. I'm a high ball hitter already so I need a ball that comes in yellow and doesn't fly as high. My SS is around 90-93 driver

Ha!  Same issue with high flight.  I think that's why I get a bit less distance on the irons and don't see a distance difference with the driver or long clubs.  I also am liking the yellow balls more and more because I'm starting to have a difficult time tracking the white balls in flight.

I’ve been playing these again over the colder months and for a Winter golf ball, they’re really good. Feel nice and soft.

Only issue is the wind, which seems to impact these balls much more than other golf balls (might be the extra spin people talk about). In saying that, it’s only really an issue when the wind is gusting at 30mph and to be honest I probably shouldn’t be playing golf!

Love these balls, the only issue I have with these are wedge approach shots into the green.  because of the higher spin(high spin player already) is that sometimes i can tell it is going to drop short.  Ive really noticed that Ive had to hold off the release of my shot a bit to slow down the spin.  I get great distance and performance from these balls just seem to spin them a lot and even when carrying the green with the spin they end up spinning back a bunch or just ending up on the front.  I bought a 36pack of balls TM 2 piece balls off Amazon to play with next season.  While they wont have the performance that the Ksig's do, they might be okay for my 10 handicap game.

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

2015 Adams Tight Lies 22° 7 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Irons:  2016 Nike Vapor Fly 4-AW   

Wedges:  2017 Cleveland CBX 56°& 60°wedge              
Shafts:  Matrix Ozik Program F15 85S Graphite Shafts 4i - 60°

Grips:   Superstroke S-Tech + 2 Wraps
Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

On 11/29/2022 at 10:06 AM, wantacigar said:

I’m at 110 chs with driver and I feel the Kirklands are a little shorter, but it would be hard to prove and I have a GC3 to analyze the data. I usually carry in the 250 to 260 range on average for reference.

The couple of balls that I know I get more distance with is are the PV1X and Vice ProPlus. The distance gain is noticeable.

As far as around the greens, the Kirklands get as much spin as anything. I spin my LW and SW between 10k and 11k so I have no issues hitting low or high trajectory approaches that hold the green. 

I do get a lot of practice rounds in on my home course which is tight and not very driver friendly. I use Kirklands the vast majority of the time. Honestly, 10 yards further distance doesn’t affect my score very much on any course.

For the price and the quality of ball you get, there isn’t anything close including cheap 2 piece balls. A tour level ball for less than $2 a ball is shocking good.

I would recommend Kirklands to any golfer that plays a lot of rounds per year and has a decent swing.

If you are a slicer, just use the cheapest 2 piece you can find or whatever you pickup on the course.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Anyone else still have some boxes of the original four piece balls? I have a couple, they sit like legends among all my golf crap lol.

FC3D67FC-EC84-4396-AFA1-E4705E27A5A8.jpeg

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 9* Kai’li white 60

Callaway Paradym 15*
Titleist TSR2 21* hybrid Atmos blue
Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-P

Titleist SM9 48*
Titleist SM7 54* & 58* Slate Blue
Ping Ketch/SC Select Newport II Midslant

14 hours ago, KarstenK said:

12dz. Cant bring myself to use them. 

• Like 2

On 12/10/2022 at 11:47 PM, jpdx said:

12dz. Cant bring myself to use them. 

On 12/10/2022 at 8:29 PM, snagy2000 said:

6 dz

On 12/10/2022 at 11:45 AM, theboypinoy said:

I have four dozen left lol

On 12/10/2022 at 11:32 AM, Curmudg3on said:

I have over 6 dozen.  I've stenciled a few dozen but they have sat by my computer just waiting.

GOOD GOD MEN!  PLAY THE DAMN BALLS!  😆🤦‍♂️🤣.  What good are they doing you sitting there.  They are never coming back and will likely just sit and collect dust.  Put a dozen away for posterity sake and play the damn balls!! I go through about 4 dozen balls a year and I lose my fair share.  They should last you guys a few years.  I bet if you would play a new 4 or 5 piece ball and one of the OG KSig 4 pc. side by side you would be like "s***, these play just as good, if not, better".  

Edited by wantacigar
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

GOOD GOD MEN!  PLAY THE DAMN BALLS.  What good are they doing you sitting there.  They are never coming back and will likely just sit and collect dust.  Put a dozen away for posterity sake and play the damn balls!! I go through about 4 dozen balls a year and I lose my fair share.  They should last you guys a few years.  I bet if you would play a new 4 or 5 piece ball and one of the OG KSig 4 pc. side by side you would be like "s***, these play just as good, if not, better".  

I play Srixon XVs, so they just sit there 🤷‍♂️ It's not because of any special reason. I've just kept playing the same ball in casual rounds to competitive qualifiers for state tournaments.

I have dozens of balls at home, the Kirklands just happen to be a few of them.

• Like 1

Just now, theboypinoy said:

I play Srixon XVs, so they just sit there 🤷‍♂️ It's not because of any special reason. I've just kept playing the same ball in casual rounds to competitive qualifiers for state tournaments.

I have dozens of balls at home, the Kirklands just happen to be a few of them.

I'm in the same boat.  Had 6 doz. TP5, 5 doz Maxfli Tour, 2 Doz 2017 ProV1, 3 Doz. MTB-x yellow, 6 Doz KSig 2.0 3pc.  I've committed to playing through what I currently have and just restocking for 2024-2025 seasons.

• Like 1

Sadly I don't have any First gen Kirklands (loved them), I now play the Left Dash Pro V1X, I don't see myself changing anytime soon (maybe the Chrome Soft X LS)...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

2 hours ago, wantacigar said:

GOOD GOD MEN!  PLAY THE DAMN BALLS!  😆🤦‍♂️🤣.  What good are they doing you sitting there.  They are never coming back and will likely just sit and collect dust.  Put a dozen away for posterity sake and play the damn balls!! I go through about 4 dozen balls a year and I lose my fair share.  They should last you guys a few years.  I bet if you would play a new 4 or 5 piece ball and one of the OG KSig 4 pc. side by side you would be like "s***, these play just as good, if not, better".  

Lol I was kinda thinking the same thing. I decided to hold a couple back for nostalgia reason and by a couple I mean 2 balls total. 

• Haha 1

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

1 hour ago, bhj83 said:

Lol I was kinda thinking the same thing. I decided to hold a couple back for nostalgia reason and by a couple I mean 2 balls total. 

I still have one of the TP Red balls that were like K-Sigs a decade before K-Sigs were a thing. It's somewhere. I think. Haven't seen it in a while.

8 hours ago, wantacigar said:

im still working through a stash of nike balls. I think i ended up with 40dz+ from the employee store back then. Im down to 18? 🤣 i know. I have a Problem. 

• Haha 1