2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Mizuno jpx 900 forged

Jlb123

Does negative or zero bounce affect anything negatively? And if so how? I am thinking of bending a set strong and may have that issue in the long irons, thanks.

The club will tend to dig more, depending on the leading edge grind.

Okay, I am a picker and rarely take a divot so shouldn't be much of an issue for me.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I made the plunge today and got the 900 Forged w/ S300 AMT after trying the Hot Metal and the Forged. The forged just felt so good and as silly as this sounds my mishits were better with the forged.

Did you hit the PX LZ shafts also? Those are the two I am deciding between for the forged.

I did not. I tried the Nippon, PX 5.5 and the AMT and for me it wasn't even really close in regards to feel. These were the three recommended via the optimizer. I was tempted to try the Modus and the LZ but I was so surprised by the AMT I just ran with it.

Can these be ordered from mizuno with weaker lofts?

I would be really curious to see what the numbers on these would be with lofts in between the hotmetal, and the tour model. Or even the same lofts as the tour.

Yes. They will normally bend 2° in any direction at request when ordering.

Ordered mine 1* weak. Used one round and they are rocket launchers. High ball flight with very little release on the greens. No problem hitting low if needed.

What did 1* weak do for you?

I'm thinking of doing the same.

Wanted a bit more bounce. Bending 1 weak increase bounce 1 degree and reduces offset an imperceptible amount.

"Only the lazy ones fail !" Paul Bertholy, PGA

www.dougferreri.com

I hit these tonight with the PX LZ shafts. They are so buttery. I really like the LZ shafts. I wasn't really in the market for a new set, but these are really nice. Golf Galaxy was giving a 50% trade in bonus which makes this more enticing.

Taylormade Stealth Plus// HZRDUS RDS Black 
Callaway X2Hot 5 Deep // Aldila Tour Green

Taylormade Stealth 7 Wood // Diamana D Limited

Taylormade P790 UDI // Tensei Pro White
Cobra F7 Hybrid 23.5// Diamana D+
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-GW // Project X
Taylormade Mill Grind 52 // DG S400
Taylormade Mill Grind 58 // DG S400
Odyssey White Hot OG 7

Well I made the plunge today and got the 900 Forged w/ S300 AMT after trying the Hot Metal and the Forged. The forged just felt so good and as silly as this sounds my mishits were better with the forged.

Did you hit the PX LZ shafts also? Those are the two I am deciding between for the forged.

I demo'ed them with the Modus 105 S, PX LZ, KBS Tour S (my normal shaft) and the Recoil (suffering tennis elbow). I was really impressed with all the shafts and if I had gone steel it would've been tough decision between the Modus and LZ. Both shafts felt the same to me and distance/dispersion/launch/spin/height were about the same. I think either of those would'be been a winner for me. I ended up with the Recoil since it will be much easier on my elbow.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Just ordered my set.

I wanted the tours when the pics surfaced online but unfortunately my game is not near that at the minute.

Went for the forged with the modus shaft. The dispersion (despite my swing being poor this year) is rather tight. Definitely a lot lot tighter than my current clubs.

All in all, a nice wee face lift from my rocketbladez w/kbs tour.

Just ordered mine tonight with the recoil 95 shafts. Was going to get the LZ shafts, but the recoil fit me perfect.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7

Just ordered mine tonight with the recoil 95 shafts. Was going to get the LZ shafts, but the recoil fit me perfect.

Forged, Tour? I went in wanting graphites i.e. Recoils and ended up with Project X LZ tour tour graphite.

Forged. I was hitting the LZ steel. Never thought to try the LZ Graphite. My numbers were really good with the recoil and I just kind of stopped trying other shafts.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7

Forged, Tour? I went in wanting graphites i.e. Recoils and ended up with Project X LZ tour tour graphite.

Forged. I was hitting the LZ steel. Never thought to try the LZ Graphite. My numbers were really good with the recoil and I just kind of stopped trying other shafts.

My bust - wasn't communicating clearing. Wanted Recoils like you but got fitted differently!

Handicap:  3

Only problem with Recoil is the bag wear where the shaft rests on the bag. It annoys the hell out of me when I see my G25s with the Recoil Prototype wear out like that, should have paid more attention to it & I had head covers on the clubs as well.

Be wary of this, new owners

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

I hit these at the store today. The forged head plus the PX LZ 5.5 shaft felt great with a lot of kick. Definitely got me interested!!!

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TITLEIST TSR1 - 20 - MMTHybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM10 Raw 48F/53F/58T- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / SWAG Redrum

I hit these at the store today. The forged head plus the PX LZ 5.5 shaft felt great with a lot of kick. Definitely got me interested!!!

Ha! I see you put the J15's bag in the bag. What happened to the Srixon's? Or are you just going back and forth.

The 900 forged look very nice indeed, but I have never had much luck with Mizuno's and I've tried a bunch in the MP and JPX lines. I can't seem to put my finger on it totally, but their sole grinds just don't seem to work for me.

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| N.S. Pro 980GH DST S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro 1050GH S

Titleist BV SM9 54*S, 60*S| TT DG S200
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

Ha! I see you put the J15's bag in the bag. What happened to the Srixon's? Or are you just going back and forth.

The 900 forged look very nice indeed, but I have never had much luck with Mizuno's and I've tried a bunch in the MP and JPX lines. I can't seem to put my finger on it totally, but their sole grinds just don't seem to work for me.

Yeah the Srixon 765's were great and solid but after enough testing they were not better than the J15's for me. Damn close but I prefer the look and feel of the J15's and the J15's were longer for me.

From initial testing on the golf galaxy monitor I was bombing these 900 Forged. The kick was incredible on the LZ's hit some nice baby draw's!

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TITLEIST TSR1 - 20 - MMTHybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM10 Raw 48F/53F/58T- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / SWAG Redrum

Ah, I hear ya. There are definitely some special things about the J15 CB's. You would not know by first glance, or even just by looking at them in general. But I will say, the first time I saw them in person I was taken back a bit because of what I expected them to look like through internet pictures. They are clean, plain jane looking in today's world, but I dare say they could be played by people who shoot in the 90's if they can strike irons halfway decent. They are forgiving, long, and consistent.

Anyway...carry on with the 900 forged folks!

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| N.S. Pro 980GH DST S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro 1050GH S

Titleist BV SM9 54*S, 60*S| TT DG S200
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

Only problem with Recoil is the bag wear where the shaft rests on the bag. It annoys the hell out of me when I see my G25s with the Recoil Prototype wear out like that, should have paid more attention to it & I had head covers on the clubs as well.

Be wary of this, new owners

I had recoils in my Apex and didn't have that problem with them.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7

Hit these tonight in a PX 6.5 shaft. The club feels amazing, one of if not the nicest feeling clubs I've ever hit.

Hoping to go back for a more in depth fitting soon, but I worry that the PX 6.5 may be a little too firm for me. It was 2nd on the recommendations from the optimiser, they didn't have the top recommendation available to try at the time.

Has anyone compared these to the Srixon 545s and the Callaway CF16's?

Thank you

Distance was the same 900f vs. CF16, but the sound was way better. Like a forged iron should sound.

Sorry, I don't carry the 545's. But they do look good.

Hello. What shaft did you use? I wish they had more factory graphite options. Thank you

I'm glad the 900 has come out because the 850's on closeout are a ridiculous deal. I finally hit a set of 850 Forged today and pretty much confirmed they'll be replacing my DCI 990 and MP-33's.

Titleist TSi3 | Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3W | Titleist 915H 4H | Mizuno JPX-850 Forged 4-GW | Cleveland RTX-3 54, 60 | Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1

I finally had a chance to hit these on a GC2. PX LZ 6.5 shaft. I placed an order almost immediately. I hit plenty of shots, but in all honesty I would've pulled the trigger after 1 shot. They look phenomenal, feel phenomenal, and perform phenomenal. I was shocked at how consistent the distance was, I always expect there to be some hot-spots in these "distance" irons, but not the case here.

I had hit the Apex extensively prior to this, and they were really good as well, but looks and feel definitely go to the 900 Forged. I prefer a "sleeker" looking iron. My biggest issue with the Apex was even in the 5-iron I could still see the back of the club sticking out, and in the 900's I could barely see it in the 4-iron. I also didn't care for the rounder profile of the Apex. Distance was similar between the two.

Great job Mizuno, these are a grand slam.

With all the love the JPX 900 forged are getting here, I spent some time today demo'ing with various shafts. As a reference, I've been playing the Apex CF 16 w/XP 95 S300's for the past several months and have dropped from a 10+ handicap earlier this summer to 5.6 currently. My swing speed is between 77-80 with a 6 iron - smooth tempo. After trying many, many sets of irons and shafts the past year, I found the most consistency with the XP 95 S300, however they have always left me wanting more in the feel department. I've been trying to kick out the CF 16's but until today nothing had really come close...

With the JPX 900 forged, I tried the XP 95 S300, Modus 105 S, C-Taper Lite R & S flex & PX LZ 5.5. After hitting 12-15 balls with each, I ordered a set 5-PW + set GW with C-Taper Lite R flex hardstepped 1x. The weight of the CT-L R felt very comfortable and I was able to maintain my tempo on pretty much every shot. I play a stock cut and these shafts with the JPX 900 forged head gave me the exact ball flight I'm looking for. I prefer a mid-high flight with a soft cut and this combo gave me exactly that ball flight swing after swing. When hit on the sweet spot, the demo felt incredible. Compared to the CF 16, the JPX forged felt much better to me. Forgiveness on slight mishits did not seem all that punishing, albeit I was on a large grass range and distance perception is sometimes misleading compared to seeing results on the course. Irons will hopefully be here next week from Mizuno and I can't wait to get them out on the course.

damn these are getting some serious love. people just dropping the coin on the spot. Seems to be good feedback with the LZ's also. I am curious what the set GW looks like.

I got my 900 Tour's and T7's today, and the 52* T7 looks like the next club in the set, could easily be a "set" GW for the Tour's. I also got 6.5 LZ's all the way, first round tomorrow.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x