Tiger's clubs for Safeway (Photo added page 19)

I can't see him switching irons anytime soon. He has had them in play forever. Figure he goes through, what maybe 1 at most 2 sets a year, based on how much he plays. Since there is absolutely no "new" tech in the blades he plays, he doesn't need to switch. He could have 5-7 back up sets and in theory play them pretty much the next 3-5 years. I distinctly remember the interview Rory did with Gary Williams on Morning Drive following his laser light show announcement. That was when the new vapor pro irons or whatever the vapor blades were called had just come out. He specifically said Tiger had a very large part in the design of those blades and he had a little, but came on board too late to have a lot of real input in the design. So a blade Tiger basically designed, can't make it in the bag. I find it hard to believe that he picks up a random OEM blade and puts it in play. I see the irons as the last thing to go. Same with the ball. He probably has 3-5 years worth of the balls.

My guess is he comes back with most if not all Nike (maybe the Scotty). He will slowly change 1 club at a time. Driver/woods, then wedges. Irons and ball will be the last to change, because the irons and ball he uses are not affected by tech changes. If, and it's a big if he does throw a TM driver in play, gonna say 100% it's all black. Remember, he is trying to figure out his swing, figure out his back, get into tourny shape and get back into competition. That's almost an impossible task in and of itself. Then to put new gear into place on top of that. If he hits a shot off line, how will he know it's his swing/back or gear? Tiger is probably one of the least affected by new tech players in golf. He has enough back ups of everything, that he won't have to change anytime soon.

Has he really had the Vapor irons in play forever? I know he was involved in their design, but he's been injured so much he's barely had them in play.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see him switching irons anytime soon. He has had them in play forever. Figure he goes through, what maybe 1 at most 2 sets a year, based on how much he plays. Since there is absolutely no "new" tech in the blades he plays, he doesn't need to switch. He could have 5-7 back up sets and in theory play them pretty much the next 3-5 years. I distinctly remember the interview Rory did with Gary Williams on Morning Drive following his laser light show announcement. That was when the new vapor pro irons or whatever the vapor blades were called had just come out. He specifically said Tiger had a very large part in the design of those blades and he had a little, but came on board too late to have a lot of real input in the design. So a blade Tiger basically designed, can't make it in the bag. I find it hard to believe that he picks up a random OEM blade and puts it in play. I see the irons as the last thing to go. Same with the ball. He probably has 3-5 years worth of the balls.

My guess is he comes back with most if not all Nike (maybe the Scotty). He will slowly change 1 club at a time. Driver/woods, then wedges. Irons and ball will be the last to change, because the irons and ball he uses are not affected by tech changes. If, and it's a big if he does throw a TM driver in play, gonna say 100% it's all black. Remember, he is trying to figure out his swing, figure out his back, get into tourny shape and get back into competition. That's almost an impossible task in and of itself. Then to put new gear into place on top of that. If he hits a shot off line, how will he know it's his swing/back or gear? Tiger is probably one of the least affected by new tech players in golf. He has enough back ups of everything, that he won't have to change anytime soon.

Has he really had the Vapor irons in play forever? I know he was involved in their design, but he's been injured so much he's barely had them in play.

Has he even put them in play? I thought he was still gaming the ones before that, what are they the vr blades like Rory uses. That was my point, I didn't think even even put them in play....but I could be wrong.

XR 16 9.5 Fubuki ZT
XR 16 15* PX 6.0
XHot Pro 3 hy PX 6.0
Callaway 09 X Forged 3i, 5-pw - PX 6.0
Callaway MD3 52*, 56*, 60* KBS Tour
Odyssey Vera B/W/B #7,
Ball -TM TP5X

This makes complete sense except Nike is no longer paying him to play those clubs. Someone else will. Just because he doesn't need the money doesn't mean he won't take it.

What makes Kuch's ball so different? Is it custom or can you buy it in the stores?

No clue WHAT is different about it but it is apparently a ridiculously good ball. outside of Kuch I don't know who plays it. No, this ball is not available to anyone outside the PGA tour. This includes WEB.com players. many people would be surprised by this but when it comes to custom balls or Pro only balls A LOT of if not most companies will only give them to PGA tour players because they don't make a ton of them. You would have to be someone really special to get them. Take for example Charley Hoffman's hat that he wears. There are other players on the PGA tour that wear it but they will not give it out to players on the WEB.COM tour. If you see one of them with one on it's because they had status on the PGA tour and got them then. Lot's of companies save things for guys that reach the top of the top.

This makes complete sense except Nike is no longer paying him to play those clubs. Someone else will. Just because he doesn't need the money doesn't mean he won't take it.

All Nike players with contracts are still being paid, if they continue to play Nike equipment. If they get paid to play another OEM's equipment, that amount is deducted from their Nike money.

For example. Nike pays player $2 million and OEM X pays that player $500,000.00, then Nike owes the player $1.5 million.

And the Nike Tour Van and Tour staff will still be providing service to their staff players, thru the end of 2016 and I've been told maybe even beyond that

Greg

GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

I attended the Ryder Cup last week....I saw him personally with his hands in the bag of Dustin Johnson about a dozen times

Is this a euphemism for that pic we saw of the Big Cat with Paulina???

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

Nike woods, unmarked either miura or mizuno blades and Bridgestone ball. FACT. Seen it with my own eyes 2 weeks ago

you also said that DJ was going to nike in another thread so i'm sure this info is really is FACT, right? gimmie a break.

He was going to Nike then they pulled out and TM offered him way too much money. PXG actually offered him more. "Give me a break?" FACT

Yelling FACT doesn't make it a fact.

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Tour Shaft

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex MB 5-PW $-Taper (1° weak)

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F (51°), 56F, 60M (59°)

LAB Link

Jones Rover Stand Jet Black

Nike woods, unmarked either miura or mizuno blades and Bridgestone ball. FACT. Seen it with my own eyes 2 weeks ago

you also said that DJ was going to nike in another thread so i'm sure this info is really is FACT, right? gimmie a break.

He was going to Nike then they pulled out and TM offered him way too much money. PXG actually offered him more. "Give me a break?" FACT

Yelling FACT doesn't make it a fact.

FART

so.... are you near Jupiter, or Bluejack ?

He isn't near Bluejack. I am at Bluejack and Tiger hasn't been out here since he did is 5 hole exhibition. the club was closed for almost the entire month of August for maintenance. Take into account the Ryder cup and Parnevik saying he has seen him out at the Medalist club grinding my bet is Florida

I'm supposed to be out at Bluejack and Carlton Woods late this month or later this year pending a few things. Are you a member there?

Let me know if you come to Houston! I'd happily play with you somewhere (not a member at either place).

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD Anser D 35"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

I picture Tiger playing whatever he thinks will work best for him, regardless of brand. I'd be betting that over the summer he was spending a lot of time on launch monitors to figure out his best combination, then talking with vendors about them paying him after he made his choices.

He seems to be at the point where he wants to win at whatever cost, even if it means he doesn't get huge kickbacks from companies for playing all of their equipment.

All Nike players with contracts are still being paid, if they continue to play Nike equipment. If they get paid to play another OEM's equipment, that amount is deducted from their Nike money.

For example. Nike pays player $2 million and OEM X pays that player $500,000.00, then Nike owes the player $1.5 million.

And the Nike Tour Van and Tour staff will still be providing service to their staff players, thru the end of 2016 and I've been told maybe even beyond that

Greg

Good point about the offset, Greg. I knew the Nike guys were still getting paid, just didn't consider the fact that Nike could offset any additional income received from equipment contracts. So this really is a time for the Nike guys to play any darn thing they want.

I picture Tiger playing whatever he thinks will work best for him, regardless of brand. I'd be betting that over the summer he was spending a lot of time on launch monitors to figure out his best combination, then talking with vendors about them paying him after he made his choices.

He seems to be at the point where he wants to win at whatever cost, even if it means he doesn't get huge kickbacks from companies for playing all of their equipment.

He's had months to get used to something new. Also, he hasn't really hit ANYTHING in a year.. so.. why would something new distract him from just getting back to playing shape? Especially when he can have something completely custom made for him to exactly his specs. At this point, I don't think it's about money. He made his Nike money over the years. At this point, just play what you want for a couple of years.

Are you guys assuming (maybe you have proof) that Tiger knew Nike Golf was getting out of equipment prior to the announcement on August 3rd? I doubt Tiger knew anything before the public announcement since he's not a member of Nike, Inc. executive leadership or sits on the Board of Directors. If Nike told him that would be a SEC violation (insider trading) and I'm sure the SEC would like to visit with you.

I doubt TW had any reason to be considering new equipment prior to 8/3/16. When he does get around to evaluating some new equipment I would think his process is much more detailed and complete than what 99.99% of what most players do when looking at something new.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

He's had months to get used to something new. Also, he hasn't really hit ANYTHING in a year.. so.. why would something new distract him from just getting back to playing shape? Especially when he can have something completely custom made for him to exactly his specs. At this point, I don't think it's about money. He made his Nike money over the years. At this point, just play what you want for a couple of years.

Are you guys assuming (maybe you have proof) that Tiger knew Nike Golf was getting out of equipment prior to the announcement on August 3rd? I doubt Tiger knew anything before the public announcement since he's not a member of Nike, Inc. executive leadership or sits on the Board of Directors. If Nike told him that would be a SEC violation (insider trading) and I'm sure the SEC would like to visit with you.

I doubt TW had any reason to be considering new equipment prior to 8/3/16. When he does get around to evaluating some new equipment I would think his process is much more detailed and complete than what 99.99% of what most players do when looking at something new.

I thought he had a large stock stake in the company ? Who knows what committee he sits on. And it would only be insider trading if he sold stock after being told. He could know the info and not act on it or spread it and it couldn't possibly be against any law.

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

He'll probably go with the Jumano line from The Royal Lifestyle http://www.theroyallifestyle.com/golf-clubs/ More "oomph", more "power" from their energy producing ball bearings and foam cork filled driver. A no brainer really.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Greg

If they are providing tour support then I can see some guys riding out the rest of the 2016 season then moving on.

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

Wouldn't be surprised to see taylormade make him a bonded m2 430. To say a company wouldn't make him a one off without a deal is just crazy. It's tiger ffs. And especially with all of the versions taylormade has on tour in recent memory, it's more likely than not they made him a one off.

It's Tiger - a guy who can't make cuts and had lost about every major endorsement possible

Why would they make him a one off head? He couldn't sell Nike drivers he's not gonna sell TM ones either

I mean, we saw his results with Nike drivers over the last 4 years of his career, haha. Would that persuade you to buy one?

Who's the acknowledged best driver on tour? Rory? Damn-let's get what he plays...oh wait that's a Nike inferior crap lol. :)

I wasn't passing judgement on Nike equipment, just the fact that Tiger's recent results wouldn't pique my interest in the Nike Driver that Tiger has been using.

It's only an Insider trading violation if Tiger acted on insider knowledge.

The whole "insider" issue wouldn't limited to Tiger's Nike portfolio. The announcement had an impact on the whole industry and related vendors to that industry. Take a look at what happened to Callaway stock after the Nike announcement.

The rumor of TW being a "front man" with an investment group looking to purchase TaylorMade Golf will be interesting to follow. If true, I can almost guarantee that the SEC will look at that purchase, especially if TW is involved.

Again, I believe TW found out that Nike Golf would be exiting the equipment business on 8/3 just like everyone else. I think from a Nike, Inc. perspective, the less that know before a public announcement, the less risk to them that something stupid happens that they really can't control.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

Well - he's definitely playing at Safeway!! Just committed. Now we wait for Greg's pictures and this place can explode...

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

And come on.. every video or swing session TW has put on this year he is swinging Nike. So no, he hasn't had a year to adjust to new clubs. No, he had no idea of Nike exiting the equipment side of things prior to the announcement. No, none of you have any clue as what he will be gaming. It's more than likely Nike clubs. It's more than likely what he's been using this whole summer and what he will continue to use until he signs, if he signs, elsewhere. Stop being trolls..

Speak of the devil. ESPN just reported that Tiger officially committed to the Safeway Open.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

Speak of the devil. ESPN just reported that Tiger officially committed to the Safeway Open.

Can't wait for Tuesday's WITB

Titleist TSi3 | Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3W | Titleist 915H 4H | Mizuno JPX-850 Forged 4-GW | Cleveland RTX-3 54, 60 | Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1