Taylormade Spider Tour Putters

justincredible04

I have not seen the answer to this question:

Can you only buy additional weights for the DJ or Jason Tour spider from eBay or can you buy from an online golf store?

What is the size of the weights and price? Is there a weight kit?

Any of the TM MWT weights will work... think R7 weights and beyond. Those old TM weights are exactly like the ones in these putters.

Titleist TSR3 10* Ventus Blue 6X

Titleist TSR3 14.5* GD AD IZ 7X

Titleist T200 3 iron GD AD DI HY

Titleist T150 4-PW DG Tour White

Titleist Vokey 48*, 54*, 60* DG Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ nsxguy;

It's all good man. Hey what can I say, I'm old and cranky and there are some really offensive people here who are not very nice. Sorry ;-)

I used to have Ping Zings, they're great irons, looking to pick up a set of BeCu Zings, and ugly in a way.

Hey, I thought we kissed and made up!
LOL What did I do?

I assumed I was the really offensive person :)

If you have the DJ model does increasing the head weight make the putter feel more stable and solid? What size weights did you add?

Technically speaking the more weight added the higher the MOI gets

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Made the switch to a Spider Tour Black recently from a GOLO and I couldn't be happier. Putter is so easy to roll and start on line. Can see why there has been so much buzz around this putter.

TaylorMade Stealth 2 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS Black 6.5

TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100

TaylorMade P770 4 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade P7MC 5-PW Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade MG Raw 52 & Hi-Toe 3 Raw 58 Dynamic Gold TI S400
TaylorMade Spider X Hydro Blast Slant Neck
Taylormade TP5x

If you have the DJ model does increasing the head weight make the putter feel more stable and solid? What size weights did you add?

It is a bit simplistic to say that the putter becomes "more stable and solid" with more weight. Putter weight is personal and depends on feel. Too heavy, and you might find you hit the ball too short, or maybe you compensate and hit it too long.

Many of us have tried heavier weights, and personally, and anecdotally from what I have gathered from other posters, a lot of us have gone back to stock. It feels good at the stock headweight. I would maybe go with two 4g weights instead of 2g weights, but that is probably as high as I would go. 6g or 8g weights would be in the realm of possibility. You would need to try it out yourself to see what feels good to you.

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 Hy f4

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

@ nsxguy;

It's all good man. Hey what can I say, I'm old and cranky and there are some really offensive people here who are not very nice. Sorry ;-)

I used to have Ping Zings, they're great irons, looking to pick up a set of BeCu Zings, and ugly in a way.

Hey, I thought we kissed and made up!
LOL What did I do?

I assumed I was the really offensive person :)
Not at all. We're good. We shouldn't assume, myself included.

I added two 6 gram weights to my DJ black one and it makes a world of difference in terms of stability. I actually own 2 of the black, DJ one. I took the "back up" out, with 2 gram weights, and it felt like a toothpick compared to the one with 6 gram weights.

Also, I just send a red Jason Day one to NorCal putters to have it refinished (I hate red but wanted to give the softer insert a whirl). I'll try to post pictures when I get it back in a week or so. Really excited to see what NorCal can do. He's unbelievable.

I added two 6 gram weights to my DJ black one and it makes a world of difference in terms of stability. I actually own 2 of the black, DJ one. I took the "back up" out, with 2 gram weights, and it felt like a toothpick compared to the one with 6 gram weights.

Also, I just send a red Jason Day one to NorCal putters to have it refinished (I hate red but wanted to give the softer insert a whirl). I'll try to post pictures when I get it back in a week or so. Really excited to see what NorCal can do. He's unbelievable.

Interesting idea on the red JD. I look forward to seeing your pics.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

Interesting idea on the red JD. I look forward to seeing your pics.

Thanks, man! I just CANNOT stand the color red, in general. I love the DJ one, but, I have rolled the red and the insert feels great...a putter can't be too soft in my mind....NorCal is excited to be working on it as he usually does Scottys, Pings, etc. Really excited to see how it turns out. The guy at NorCal is beyond talented. It will be black with some purple (my favorite color) but is somewhat of a surprise.

I really liked the DJ I had and thought it would be my gamer. This is just my opinion but they seem to like staying stock as far as weights. I added several different weights but on long putts I just could not get it to the hole. I think the insert was the problem for me. They are great putters for sure.

Now that it's gone I have been back to my blades but now they don't feel right. So I found an NOS 2010 SC Squareback 2 and used it today for the first time. I had one in the past and when I trimmed the herd it was the last to go. I opened the box today and I was amazed at the condition. I tried one putt on my Big Moss green and sunk it in the half hole. I think that was a sign. ;-) I had a VA League game today and shot a 39 with 13 putts. I did not even have time to try it out on the practice green. The DJ ruined me for blades but now I am a mallet guy. Maybe a honeymoon period but I sunk some tough putts today like they were nothing special. It's in the bag for now.

Bettinardi BB8 Reserve 300 pcs. 33"

Byron Morgan 615 33"

What grips are you guys using with these? I just swapped the stock win midsize for the flatso 2 been having trouble pulling putts. I'm wondering if I'm putting poorly or just a bad fit for the slight toe hang putter

I've got a SS GT Tour on mine with the 50g counter weight. I can't believe how much I'm in love with that setup.

What grips are you guys using with these? I just swapped the stock win midsize for the flatso 2 been having trouble pulling putts. I'm wondering if I'm putting poorly or just a bad fit for the slight toe hang putter

I've got a SS GT Tour on mine with the 50g counter weight. I can't believe how much I'm in love with that setup.

Same exact set up for me and I'm loving it. Best putter I have ever owned.

Taylormade 17 M2 D Type with Ahina 70s
Ping G30 14.5 stiff
Cleveland Mashie 18 hybrid
Ping I E1 4-uw. Modus 105 stiff
Ping 54, 58 Tour S
Taylormade DJ Spider Tour

Has anyone tried to bend one of these? I really want this putter but I bend all my putters crazy flat. I'm talking like 10* flat. Is this possible?

I have 4 of them between three black and one red. I've had them ALL bent as they came very varied in terms of lies and loft. They were as different as 2 degrees on loft and 3 on lie angle. Has second swing bend all of them to be indentical at my specs. No problems as all. Just be careful of course!

Has anyone tried to bend one of these? I really want this putter but I bend all my putters crazy flat. I'm talking like 10* flat. Is this possible?

I have 4 of them between three black and one red. I've had them ALL bent as they came very varied in terms of lies and loft. They were as different as 2 degrees on loft and 3 on lie angle. Has second swing bend all of them to be indentical at my specs. No problems as all. Just be careful of course!

I gotta ask why you have 4 of the same putter? :D

Edel PROTO

The putter collection grows again.... Just picked up a DJ 35" off the BST and couldn't be more excited to try it out after hearing all the hype. Hope mind sits square :x

TM Sim2 Max 10.5º | AD-DI 6x

TM M5 3w | AD-DI 7x

TM Sim2 19º Hybrid | AD-DI 8s

Callaway X Forged CB | KBS C-Taper Lite S

Vokey Raw SM8 50.12 F-Grind

Vokey Raw SM8 54.10 S-Grind

Vokey Raw SM8 58.14 K-Grind

Byron Morgan Carbon DH89 350g | Scotty Mil-Spec 33”/350g

one for playing with thats usually 'on fire'

one that's on the naughty step

one that I can sell as 'mint' when the 'on fire' one goes out.

one thats there to show the rest they are replaceable if they dont behave.

Makes perfect sense to me. :D

Edel PROTO

I like the way you think. May have to adopt these rules myself... thanks!

Titleist TSR3 10* Ventus Blue 6X

Titleist TSR3 14.5* GD AD IZ 7X

Titleist T200 3 iron GD AD DI HY

Titleist T150 4-PW DG Tour White

Titleist Vokey 48*, 54*, 60* DG Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

IMO the best for me would be to buy the jd red and have it painted black. I hate the grey looking insert on the black and the harder feel but also dislike the red on the jd but love the inset and it happens to be black lol.

Titleist TS3, 9.5, Ventus Blue 6x
Titleist TS2, 15, AD DI 8
Callaway xforged utility 18, AD DI 105
Taylormade p770 4-pw, Project X 
Titleist Vokey 50,54,58 Project X 
Scotty Cameron Studio Style GSS Newport 2

IMO the best for me would be to buy the jd red and have it painted black. I hate the grey looking insert on the black and the harder feel but also dislike the red on the jd but love the inset and it happens to be black lol.

I thought about doing that actually. I'm just having a hard time sending a brand new $300 in for a paint job.

Looking forward to seeing pics once finished.

Looking to buy the JD version of this putter but really want a sight line on mine. I've seen other threads where people have used pinstriping/electrical tape but I want something more permanent. Has anyone sent their putter to someone like Continental to have a line milled??

Continental told me that they cannot mill a sight line due to the plastic. I sent them a JD to have painted and a pin stripe sight line added. They paint clear coat over the top of the sight line, thus making it permanent. I have had them do this with a 2 ball putter and it looks awesome. I'll post pictures when I get it back next week.

Taylormade SIM 9*- Accra
Taylormade SIM Max D 16*- Accra
SIM hybrid 19* 
Taylormade P760 4-PW
Vokey SM7: 50, 55, 60*
Spider X Plumbers 33.5"

I posted this in another thread, but here are some pics of my DIY sight line that I sprayed clear coat over the top to make it permanent.

Taylormade SIM 9*- Accra
Taylormade SIM Max D 16*- Accra
SIM hybrid 19* 
Taylormade P760 4-PW
Vokey SM7: 50, 55, 60*
Spider X Plumbers 33.5"