Taylormade Spider Tour Putters

justincredible04

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what the stock 2 weights are in grams for the red and black tour?

Two 2g weights. Same in black and red. 355g total head weight stock.

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 Hy f4

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

Where do I get the MWT weights and wrench for my DJ putter? If I read correctly, it comes stock with 2 grams for a head weight of 355? I am looking for 6 grams weights? Thank you as always....

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

I got weights from golfworks.com. They are aftermarket but work. For reference I got 2 10g. Probably will go back to stock though I've been putting the best I ever have with the stock weights.

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

Thanks for the kind feedback......

It's definitely interesting, that's for sure... Hope you enjoy it--that's all that matters.

Here is my plain old Tour Red, just regripped with a GTR 1.0. It's like SS made this color grip just for this Tour Red. Anyway, this grip elevates the Tour Red in my eyes, and I think I'll give it a go in the bag this weekend. Been playing the Tour Black with Flatso 1.0.

d82c41cb972b57461461ac6b33045f9e.jpg

This looks awesome mate. Hows the difference in the weight of the grip effect the putter feel?

I don't stray from my putter often but wanted to see what the deal was with these. When I see Vijay putting well, it gets my attention. I've tried mallets in the past but they never worked for me. I was presently surprised with both versions, performance wise. Distance control was better with long putts than I expected.

I much prefer the look of the black but the sound and feel would take some getting used to. It reminded me very much of the M2 last year and I just hated both at first. It's funny, our pro and I were rolling it in the shop on the carpet and it felt good and the sound was ok. Then outside it was very different. It felt a bit more tin like and the sound was unlike any other putter I've tried. Not in a good way IMO. But again, I hated the M2 at first but it just performed.

The red felt more like the white hot inserts. Sound and feel was better. Still would take some getting used to.

Both were easy enough to dial in. I may grab one, probably the black. I'd rather like the look than the sound with putters.

I should say that I use Srixon xv's and they're pretty clicky off the putter.

I picked up a Red on Saturday after giving it a good tryout. No problems lining it up and it started the putts right on line. I've always been more of a Cameron blade user but these Spiders are so popular I figured there had to be something to it. Also got it because my putting has been, umm....less than stellar lately and I wanted to change things up a bit. Playing today so we'll see how it goes.

I did have a SS Flatso 1.0 put on. I putt left hand low and like the edges on the Flatso. They fit nicely into the lifelines and the whole setup has a nice square look to it. Swingweight is at D7 which is the same as my other putters.

Lately my misses are ALL on the right side and I know it's an alignment issue. Shoulders are a little closed and the path is slightly in-to-out. No putter can solve that by itself, but at least this will give me a fresh start and who knows, it might even help. Sink a few and get some confidence back.

PING G Kuro Kage HBP 60
Callaway XR16 3 & 5W Tensei CK Blue 70
PING G25 23 Hybrid GD Tour AD 85g Hyb
Callaway Apex CF16 5-GW Recoil 780ES
Callaway MD3 54 & 58 Recoil 110
TaylorMade Spider Tour Red / SS Flatso 1.0
Bridgestone Tour B330

I had the Tour Black and exchanged it for the Platinum. I just could not get with the toe hang, nor did I like the insert on the black.

I putted lights out this weekend and had ZERO 3 putts. The only thing is I wish the would included a counter core weight with the putter. I had an extra one and put the 50 gram in the handle and it's awesome.

I know the weights on these are fixed in. My question is are the glued in and can they be removed at all to add a little more weight to the head?

Thanks!

This looks awesome mate. Hows the difference in the weight of the grip effect the putter feel?

Thank you. The GTR 1.0 is about 65g. I consider that to be a very middle-of-the-road weight. To be frank, I don't even remember what the stock grip on the red is, but the stock grip on the black is the Winn AVS Midsize, which is around 75g IIRC. Bottom line, there is no special accommodation that needs to be made for the GTR 1.0, or any other grip in that 65-75g range IMO. I have a Flatso 1.0 on my black, and that feels just fine also without a need to adjust weights. I tried 4g weights in my red, but have now gone back to the stock 2g weights.

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 Hy f4

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

Looked through thread again and cannot find how to apply the "sightline" on a DJ? I have the pinstripe tape but not sure how to measure? Thank you...

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

I picked up a DJ model at a decent deal from a buddy locally. After three rounds with it, I'm sold. I love it. I'm a three handicap and the last three rounds the spider has been in my bag i've been -3 at some point in the round. Blew up but still shot 72-71-72 the only three times i've bagged it. Went from an average of 31-32 putter per round to 27-28 per round. Thats significant and has made a big difference for me. Sunday, I had 7 birdies in a round and most all of them could be contributed to the putter as they weren't gimmes or tap ins (still shot even par as I'm a mental case). I switch clubs a lot but I really really dont think this will be switched for a while. Honestly, i've sold all my camerons and bettis within the last couple weeks to force myself to keep it in the bag. Its that good, for me

I picked up a DJ model at a decent deal from a buddy locally. After three rounds with it, I'm sold. I love it. I'm a three handicap and the last three rounds the spider has been in my bag i've been -3 at some point in the round. Blew up but still shot 72-71-72 the only three times i've bagged it. Went from an average of 31-32 putter per round to 27-28 per round. Thats significant and has made a big difference for me. Sunday, I had 7 birdies in a round and most all of them could be contributed to the putter as they weren't gimmes or tap ins (still shot even par as I'm a mental case). I switch clubs a lot but I really really dont think this will be switched for a while. Honestly, i've sold all my camerons and bettis within the last couple weeks to force myself to keep it in the bag. Its that good, for me

I bought one impulsively at the shop at my club this weekend right before our member-member (bad idea, I know) but I love it too. It really is so so solid and I can now see why so many guys on tour are giving it a shot.

I bought one impulsively at the shop at my club this weekend right before our member-member (bad idea, I know) but I love it too. It really is so so solid and I can now see why so many guys on tour are giving it a shot.

I really really hate to feel like I'm following the flock or playing it just because the noise on tour. I normally game stuff just to be different. The DJ breaks the mold for me tho. It just flat out performs to the point my playing partners were picking it up and messing around with it and trying to "hex" it lol. I feel bad too because I just bought a Seemore FGPT that i absolutely love but theres no way it will see my bag with what i've seen in the last few rounds. I was skeptical at first and figured it would be an easy sell if I didnt like it but I'm absolutely blown away. Even the stock grip feels wonderful to me

Anyone added a siteline to theirs?

I'm looking to demo some mallets the next few weeks, and just don't think I can play without the line.

Try it. You can...I thought the same thing coming from a scotty.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

Looked through thread again and cannot find how to apply the "sightline" on a DJ? I have the pinstripe tape but not sure how to measure? Thank you...

Put a dot where center is to you and use a speed square against the face (be gentle and maybe tape to help protect finish). Then put another dot on the back of the putter and then run tape from dot to dot.

Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

I used my $20 Harbor Freight micrometer to find the exact center of the leading edge and the exact center of the back of the putter. I marked both with a pencil and applied the tape directly over that. I then used a razor blade to very carefully trim the ends without scratching the putter.

I used my $20 Harbor Freight micrometer to find the exact center of the leading edge and the exact center of the back of the putter. I marked both with a pencil and applied the tape directly over that. I then used a razor blade to very carefully trim the ends without scratching the putter.

Can you post any pics, like to see what it looks like. Thanks.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Just picked up a JD Red limited... I've putted with Cameron newports for the last 15 years but it was time to change it up as I've hit the struggle bus lately. I don't 3 putt much at all but when I'm consitnatly missing birdie putts inside 10-12' it gets frustrating.

It definitely a different feel and sound than a Cameron, which is expected. Lining up seems fairly straightforward. I may add a sight line as time moves on, simple enough to do really.

I think the biggest adjustment is going to be speed.

Oh and the stock grip is just awful, pencil thin, and IMO contributes to the feel as well. I'm thinking of one of the Tour ANSR grips but I'm hesitant with what feels like a big weight change.

I will do this evening. I went with the wider white pin stripe (much better for me) I also cut to 33" put a flatso 1.0 and switched weights from 2G to 5G ( i like a 360G head weight. I had 7 birdies yesterday (short track 6500) some of it is the new putter syndrome I think.

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

If I remember right I used the 1/8" thick pinstripe sticker, it was the thinnest one they had in stock. At first I thought it was a little too thick, but I like it now, Here you go...

Edit - those are really crappy pictures as they got turned around because I used my phone to take them not in landscape mode. It will get you an idea.

I didn't realize the weights were not removable in the platinum. Maybe would have changed my mind and went with the used 2016 model they had. Does anyone know if the 2016 black with red wings had removable weights?

I picked up the platinum a month ago, one of the plastic plugs came out/lost. TM doesn't have spares, I'm gonna drill and tap for a weight set, I'll let you know how it turns out if you're interested.

If I remember right I used the 1/8" thick pinstripe sticker, it was the thinnest one they had in stock. At first I thought it was a little too thick, but I like it now, Here you go...

Edit - those are really crappy pictures as they got turned around because I used my phone to take them not in landscape mode. It will get you an idea.

Thanks for the pics. Nice job and that is exactly what a I will be doing when I pick one up soon.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I tried looking through the thread, so dont bite my head off. Are there any pictures of the toe hang on this putter?

Is it about that of a plumber's neck?

8-t.jpg

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp