members from days gone by.

I miss GolfChicgo. He was a pretty active poster when this site got up and running. One of the guys who migrated over here from BSG. Played golf with him years ago at Dubs at the other site's Chicago get together. Has a lot of game. Wrx was a lot smaller then.

I remember Frank and his love for cigars. He was a good poster. Also missed reading DemolitionMan's posts who left the site due to personal situations. I'm still around since the very first month after being invited by the founders to check out this site when it was brand new. I would love to know how many posters that was lower than my member number are still active. I miss lot of members that migrated here from that other forum back in 2005.

#49 is pretty damn low. Beside you the lowest I remember seeing was in the 80's to a guy just last week. I was looking for the thread to reference who it was but I'm not finding it.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

HomBom and JonesScott opened up a range in Cali with PepperTurbo I heard, sponsored by Lexus

No need to shill Lexus.....sponsorship money can come from many of Pepperturbo's multi-billion dollar corporations that he owns....I bet his "hot' looking wife works the the cashier's desk to keep the cash flow positive.

I also heard he does weekly clinics on Saturday afternoons to demonstrate how an elder statesman can still hit a 2 iron 265+ yards.

• Haha 1

I miss GolfChicgo. He was a pretty active poster when this site got up and running. One of the guys who migrated over here from BSG. Played golf with him years ago at Dubs at the other site's Chicago get together. Has a lot of game. Wrx was a lot smaller then.

I remember Frank and his love for cigars. He was a good poster. Also missed reading DemolitionMan's posts who left the site due to personal situations. I'm still around since the very first month after being invited by the founders to check out this site when it was brand new. I would love to know how many posters that was lower than my member number are still active. I miss lot of members that migrated here from that other forum back in 2005.

#49 is pretty damn low. Beside you the lowest I remember seeing was in the 80's to a guy just last week. I was looking for the thread to reference who it was but I'm not finding it.

My good buddy madball was #59.....He tells a different story about the early days of WRX than is normally heard around here.

My good buddy madball was #59.....He tells a different story about the early days of WRX than is normally heard around here.

Can any of these stories be shared?

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Can any of these stories be shared?

Probably best not to.

Whatever happened to Stage1350? You could always count on him for a opinionated answer. Loved his avatar.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Ha, Brian, the MadHo! Only Lord knows how many transactions we did with each other in early days of WRX.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

Used to be a member from across the pond - jahanski or something like that. Very knowledgeable regarding the tech stuff. Like Stuart, golfrnut, etc...I dont think he got banned, but I dont see him around. I really enjoyed what he had to say.

Ever wonder if anyone will miss YOU when you are gone?

• Like 1

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

Is Hayzoos (sp?) still around? Green Bay Packers avatar I believe. Seemed too level headed for this place (at the time).

Also, I heard exactly the same story that Swiss did. In fact, I read the email transcript. There was a thread about it at the time (now deleted).

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

No but that seems to be the theme I've heard a few times. Couldn't be further from the truth. BB

I believe I was told that by golfwrx staff. Weird that multiple people think that.

The mods posted about it.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Used to be a member from across the pond - jahanski or something like that. Very knowledgeable regarding the tech stuff. Like Stuart, golfrnut, etc...I dont think he got banned, but I dont see him around. I really enjoyed what he had to say.

Ever wonder if anyone will miss YOU when you are gone?

Jasanski, yes he was good. Has not posted in a while I don't believe

There was another guy who used to post a lot I always thought made good points, RLMB32 or something like that.

Beruo was also one of the very best. One of the early mods. A lefty and had an awesome putter collection

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Is Hayzoos (sp?) still around? Green Bay Packers avatar I believe. Seemed too level headed for this place (at the time).

Also, I heard exactly the same story that Swiss did. In fact, I read the email transcript. There was a thread about it at the time (now deleted).

Was hayzoos on one of the trips that went a bit sideways? I recall he wasn't the reason but maybe got lumped in because there was quite a bit of backlash. Those guys took a ton of heat, some of them very deservedly. But I thought he stuck around after that.

On the other issue, I remember the thread too. That was a crazy time. There was another poster who was claiming to be an employee of a major OEM and posting on here, posting a lot too. I think the oem actually contacted the site and said they had no idea who he was

Those early trips were the dark ages around here but we've done a great job since then reigning it in

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I've golfed with Hayzoos when he lived in IL...top notch quality guy. He moved back to the Madison, WI area a year or two ago. He also had a new job and some very young kids. Would be shocked to learn that he got put in the timeout corner, temporarily or permanently.

No but that seems to be the theme I've heard a few times. Couldn't be further from the truth. BB

I believe I was told that by golfwrx staff. Weird that multiple people think that.

I remember the owner of this site starting a thread and posting the actual email. He must have been really POd to do that.

Was hayzoos on one of the trips that went a bit sideways? I recall he wasn't the reason but maybe got lumped in because there was quite a bit of backlash. Those guys took a ton of heat, some of them very deservedly. But I thought he stuck around after that.

On the other issue, I remember the thread too. That was a crazy time. There was another poster who was claiming to be an employee of a major OEM and posting on here, posting a lot too. I think the oem actually contacted the site and said they had no idea who he was

Those early trips were the dark ages around here but we've done a great job since then reigning it in

Progolfer I think his name was.... Remember the avatar if his face with the R1 warrior face paint.

TheDarkOne is a GOAT. Love that guy!

Progolfer I think his name was.... Remember the avatar if his face with the R1 warrior face paint.

One thing that was pretty common of that era: the worst posters tended to have close-ups of their faces.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

One thing that was pretty common of that era: the worst posters tended to have close-ups of their faces.

I would never subject the board (or anyone else for that matter) to a closeup of my ugly mug.

What about Kadin.

Big K is still around, just doesn't post as often. He's a quality guy, too.

I really used to enjoy his Caption This posts. Glad that he’s still around though :)

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

What about Kadin.

Big K is still around, just doesn't post as often. He's a quality guy, too.

I bought a wishon from him, he was very nice.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I would never subject the board (or anyone else for that matter) to a closeup of my ugly mug.

The face was just the appetizer. We're still waiting for him to drop the Xbomb on us

(honestly if anyone remembers that reference , it gets my vote for single cringeworthiest thing I've ever read on this site)

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

you guys are thinking of famed fake TM Rep probowler.

at one point, he did have the face paint avatar. which was simultaneously hilarious and cringeworthy.

speaking of awful avatars, this one had to be one of the worst. i cannot confirm or deny that i edited the original pic.

btw - i wasn't suggesting hayzoos was banned. just that he was a good member from days gone by, and i haven't seen him posting recently.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5