Taylormade P760 (Pics Added)

jjgsgolf

Everyone ragging on the 760's might want to actually get them in hand before pontificating.

I've now had them "in hand." Nice head size, they look very nice at address, and the whole package doesn't look at all objectionable when held "in hand."

Though people who want to rag on TaylorMade "as a matter of principle" will disagree, I see no reason why the looks of these will be a drawback when people finally get them in hand.

DUDE,...no one is ragging on the P760 Foremanmade!!! The non-stick coated surface really helps control the cookie’s from falling off and the versatility of it is AMAZING!!! LOOK AT THE BATCH OF COOKIES I JUST MADE!!! No mess, No Fuss...no need to carry 14 clubs anymore this BABY DOES IT ALL!!!

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really strange, jacked up low lofts and more traditional high irons, that would create some annoying gaps I think. and the $1399 price tag is no good either.

How would you know the gaps without hitting them?

Because they're gradually weaker as the set goes on, that is strange and I can say that without hitting them. 19.5 degree 3 iron, 22 degree 4 iron, 25.5 degree 5 iron and then jumps to 29 degree (more normalized for today's players irons) and continues like that more in more traditional lofts up to the PW.

On the contrary titleist ap2, stays consistent. 21 degree 3 iron, 24 degree 4 iron, 27 degree 5 iron and 30 degree 6 iron.

Loft isn’t the be all end all for distance. I’m sure they know what they’re doing and have spec’d the clubs where they need to be. Of course I believe there’s still loft and lie machines if adjustments need to be made.

Lofts are almost identical to the i210s and the Mizuno 919 Forged. On paper, I like the offset progression in the 760s the best. Definitely going to test these out even though I'm not a fan of their looks.

Titleist TSR3 (10) - Project X HZRDUS 4G 6.0
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 at C1 (15.75) - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5
Titleist TSR2 21 at C3 (22) - Project X HZRDUS Red CB  70 6.0
Titleist T150 5i-GW - Nippon 950 GH R - I up
Ping Glide 2.0  52 SS - AWT 2.0 S - Back Dot
Ping Glide 3.0  58 ES - ZZ-115 - Black Dot

Callaway MD5 64 S Grind - TT-115 
Ping Fetch 2023 - 34"

Really strange, jacked up low lofts and more traditional high irons, that would create some annoying gaps I think. and the $1399 price tag is no good either.

How would you know the gaps without hitting them?

Because they're gradually weaker as the set goes on, that is strange and I can say that without hitting them. 19.5 degree 3 iron, 22 degree 4 iron, 25.5 degree 5 iron and then jumps to 29 degree (more normalized for today's players irons) and continues like that more in more traditional lofts up to the PW.

On the contrary titleist ap2, stays consistent. 21 degree 3 iron, 24 degree 4 iron, 27 degree 5 iron and 30 degree 6 iron.

Loft isn’t the be all end all for distance. I’m sure they know what they’re doing and have spec’d the clubs where they need to be. Of course I believe there’s still loft and lie machines if adjustments need to be made.

Lofts are almost identical to the i210s and the Mizuno 919 Forged. On paper, I like the offset progression in the 760s the best. Definitely going to test these out even though I'm not a fan of their looks.

You will be..much different in person.

Hit my shop's demo 7 iron tonight. Very impressed. Felt a little different than my 770/750 combo set, but they felt and performed very well. Looked great behind the ball and photos don't do them justice. I do wish they were brushed like the 770/750s, but otherwise I'm very happy with the looks. The topline and offset seemed very similar (750 7 iron to 760 7 iron). Anxious to hit more than just the 7 and to try them with my shafts.

All TM...except for the Jones Players Series Bag

... Night and day. RBZ Tours are cast and difficult or impossible to bend and while I would not call them harsh, they did not feel like a carbon steel soft head. They have speed slots 7-3. They are larger heads. 760's on the other hand are smaller forged heads and feel soft. They do not have speed slots. They do have speed foam.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

Ok anyone get their orders yet and have on course reviews? Mine arrive Monday Ive only hit and seen the 7 iron in store.

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

I played with mine today for the first time. Let the haters hate.....these are really good. I've played the complete P range and these are my favorite. When I get a chance I will put together a more detailed review....

Yeah I agree these have really grown on me and they definitely look better in person. The fit and finish seem high quality and they better for the price! From the address position they look absolutely perfect to me. I was going to pull the trigger on Cobra CB as they look beautiful but too damn small for my comfort. I currently game Srixon Z585/785 and they are great irons just a little too big and for me a big gap between the 585/785 combo transition. When I put the P760 7 iron down against the ball it really checked all the boxes for me in size, shape and comfort level. I love the whole speed foam in longer irons but not a change in loft. I am curious to how the DG 120 will play coming from DG 105 and how the rest of the set will play as well as the transition from speed foam to non speedfoam irons. Look forward to your review!

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

Hit the 7 iron today at GG and felt amazing even though it was with stock shaft. Set looks really good and I don't get the fuss about offset in the long irons since I didn't notice it. Less offset than my AP2's. Long irons were smaller in size vs my AP2's as well.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

Square Strike !

Late to the party. Wouldn't surprise me if TM ended up buying Square Strike, once the dust settled, if they were found to have too closely copied yet another company's design. With the exception of PXG, over the past several years, it seems when they were deemed to have infringed on other company's IP, they bought that company rather than paid damages, royalties and/or the legal fees that may have resulted from expensive litigation (I believe the Adams Golf purchase comes to mind).

Kidding as far as Square Strike, but it does resemble their product. LOL. However, both seen this club and hit it now, and it's very good.

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

Everyone ragging on the 760's might want to actually get them in hand before pontificating.

I've now had them "in hand." Nice head size, they look very nice at address, and the whole package doesn't look at all objectionable when held "in hand."

Though people who want to rag on TaylorMade "as a matter of principle" will disagree, I see no reason why the looks of these will be a drawback when people finally get them in hand.

I have hit them. I was not impressed with their looks, feel or numbers. I’m also not a TM hater. TM makes great stuff, imo, this line was just a miss for me. Certainly to each their own, though. Lots of proverbial different strokes for different folks.

Got my whole set 3-pw. Gotta say, great irons. Wasn't a huge fan of design at first, but in hand they are much better. Time is fantastic, heel to toe is perfect, leading edge grind is great. I feel like I'm hitting the 730's, but with extra forgiveness. Spin numbers are great, and the 3 iron is the most consistent ballspeed I have ever seen. Great clubs

TITLEIST TS3 8.5 T1100
Callaway XR Pro 15* Fairway
Taylormade GAPR 2
Honma 737V 4-pw
Titleist SM6 52/58
Machine M20 Converter Aluminum Bronze
Scotty Newport Select

I got my 760s in, and had a few thoughts:

1. They don't look that bad in person. I hated the pictures, but it looks fine.

2. The profile of these is MUCH smaller than I expected. I expected close to a 770 with speedfoam. These things have a smaller topline, and a much smaller sole. I don't feel comfortable at all with the profile, even though Im sure they perform. Ironically I think seeing them, it makes me more want to put a 790/770 set together, which probably does what I need.

3. If you're looking for something in a smaller package with more distance and forgiveness capacity I bet these are as good as it gets. Probably not for me, and since I still have them in plastic I'll probably put them on the BST, but they will be a great fit for someone looking for a smaller soled club.

Got my whole set 3-pw. Gotta say, great irons. Wasn't a huge fan of design at first, but in hand they are much better. Time is fantastic, heel to toe is perfect, leading edge grind is great. I feel like I'm hitting the 730's, but with extra forgiveness. Spin numbers are great, and the 3 iron is the most consistent ballspeed I have ever seen. Great clubs

What shafts did you go with?

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

1. They don't look that bad in person. I hated the pictures, but it looks fine.

2. The profile of these is MUCH smaller than I expected. I expected close to a 770 with speedfoam. These things have a smaller topline, and a much smaller sole. I don't feel comfortable at all with the profile, even though Im sure they perform. Ironically I think seeing them, it makes me more want to put a 790/770 set together, which probably does what I need.

3. If you're looking for something in a smaller package with more distance and forgiveness capacity I bet these are as good as it gets. Probably not for me, and since I still have them in plastic I'll probably put them on the BST, but they will be a great fit for someone looking for a smaller soled club.

I game 790 3-5 and 770 6-pw. I was think of getting the 760 8-pw. I think it would be the perfect mixed set.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

They definitely looked much smaller than I expected. I do like the 5-PW but if I end up buying a set of these I'd be looking for a p790 replacement for the 4 iron in this set. Still trying to decide between these irons and AP2 718.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

I haven't seen the P760's in hand yet, but given how much I like my P770's, I'm sure to give them a try. I might order a P760 7 iron to demo and test with over the winter on my local sim. I'd have to think that many people looking at them are already gaming P750's or P770's even though most of the online reviews I've seen compare them to the P730's and P790's.for me

To be honest, I really don't know what to expect to gain over the P770's as when I compared the lofts of the P770 vs P760 sets, they are almost identical across the board. I have a P790 3 & 4 iron, but I often don't play them. I'd be curious to see how I like the P760 long irons compared to my P770's.

What shafts did you go with?

Ctaper S hardstepped 5-p, ctaper lite x 3-4

TITLEIST TS3 8.5 T1100
Callaway XR Pro 15* Fairway
Taylormade GAPR 2
Honma 737V 4-pw
Titleist SM6 52/58
Machine M20 Converter Aluminum Bronze
Scotty Newport Select

Looks to be my new set!

Driver: Callaway Paradigm 9.0+ Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
3 Wood: Titleist trs3 15* Fujikura Ventus Black 7x