El Tucan Speaks..... (NO POLITICS)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I willl be fortunate enough to have the pleasure of visiting Mayakoba in June. Mods, if I dress up like Judge Smails and get an interview with El Tucan in a Lucho Libre mask threatening to put a $5k finishing move called "The Toucan Slam" on Kuch if he shows for the tourney this year can I get some swag???

You do that I WILL send you swag!

We can discuss the amount after you've done it.

Touché, how much did Kuch get from you for that Skechy Business Ethics lessen

That's between me, Matt and Tom Gillis

Be careful, Gillis will sell you out for a ham sandwich.

840 posts on this non-starter of a topic and all that has been achieved is providing us a superb example of the phrase "Opinions are like a.....es, everyone has one."

Who the hell (besides yourselves) cares????

I'm curious about the statistics on this thread--ie--% for and against Matt Kuchar..

I'm guessing the majority will be against..

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

Kuchy speaks!

"Kuchar defends payment to caddie: 'Making $5,000 is a great week'"

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/matt-kuchar-defends-decision-pay-caddie-5k-after-mayakoba-win

"Kuchar explained that he didn’t know Ortiz before they were arranged to meet on Tuesday of the tournament week, and the two men never exchanged contact information. According to Kuchar, they originally agreed to a bonus structure that would have allowed Ortiz to make up to $4,000 for the week.

“I ended up paying him $5,000 and I thought that was more than what we agreed upon,” Kuchar said. “I kind of think, if he had the chance to do it over again, same exact deal, that he’d say yes again.”

When asked if there is anything he’d do differently about the situation or agreement in hindsight given the criticism, Kuchar declined. He also explained that, as it relates to Ortiz’s $50,000 figure, he considers the matter closed.

“It’s done. Listen, I feel like I was fair and good,” he said. “You can’t make everybody happy. You’re not going to buy people’s ability to be OK with you, and this seems to be a social media issue more than anything. I think it shouldn’t be, knowing that there was a complete, agreed-upon deal that not only did I meet but exceeded.

“So I certainly don’t lose sleep over this. This is something that I’m quite happy with, and I was really happy for him to have a great week and make a good sum of money. Making $5,000 is a great week."

Kuchy speaks!

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/matt-kuchar-defends-decision-pay-caddie-5k-after-mayakoba-win

"Kuchar explained that he didn’t know Ortiz before they were arranged to meet on Tuesday of the tournament week, and the two men never exchanged contact information. According to Kuchar, they originally agreed to a bonus structure that would have allowed Ortiz to make up to $4,000 for the week.

“I ended up paying him $5,000 and I thought that was more than what we agreed upon,” Kuchar said. “I kind of think, if he had the chance to do it over again, same exact deal, that he’d say yes again.”

When asked if there is anything he’d do differently about the situation or agreement in hindsight given the criticism, Kuchar declined. He also explained that, as it relates to Ortiz’s $50,000 figure, he considers the matter closed.

“It’s done. Listen, I feel like I was fair and good,” he said. “You can’t make everybody happy. You’re not going to buy people’s ability to be OK with you, and this seems to be a social media issue more than anything. I think it shouldn’t be, knowing that there was a complete, agreed-upon deal that not only did I meet but exceeded.

“So I certainly don’t lose sleep over this. This is something that I’m quite happy with, and I was really happy for him to have a great week and make a good sum of money. Making $5,000 is a great week."

Hmm, I bet making a million dollars is an even better week.

I'm over this story. He should have floated him more cash. But, I think it's a little ridiculous that the caddy is trying to go after more money. Don't care if the Caddy agreed to $4000. Kuchar just made a million plus. Should have given him more. Plain and simple. Not that it matters, but I lost respect for Kuchar. Others have too. His response didn't really change that.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

Kuchy speaks!

https://www.golfchan...er-mayakoba-win

"Kuchar explained that he didn't know Ortiz before they were arranged to meet on Tuesday of the tournament week, and the two men never exchanged contact information. According to Kuchar, they originally agreed to a bonus structure that would have allowed Ortiz to make up to $4,000 for the week.

"I ended up paying him $5,000 and I thought that was more than what we agreed upon," Kuchar said. "I kind of think, if he had the chance to do it over again, same exact deal, that he'd say yes again."

When asked if there is anything he'd do differently about the situation or agreement in hindsight given the criticism, Kuchar declined. He also explained that, as it relates to Ortiz's $50,000 figure, he considers the matter closed.

"It's done. Listen, I feel like I was fair and good," he said. "You can't make everybody happy. You're not going to buy people's ability to be OK with you, and this seems to be a social media issue more than anything. I think it shouldn't be, knowing that there was a complete, agreed-upon deal that not only did I meet but exceeded.

"So I certainly don't lose sleep over this. This is something that I'm quite happy with, and I was really happy for him to have a great week and make a good sum of money. Making $5,000 is a great week."

If he was hoping that the article was going to make him look better.... for me he can add it to his book of fails. If anything I have less respect for him based on that article.

I can't blame Matt for not jumping into all this. The guys might have been a crap caddie, given he does not speak English I am not sure how much use he could of been outside of lugging the bag around. Instead of firing him, Kuch gives him $5K for his trouble and tells him on his death bed he will receive total consciousness.

Matt was being a nice guy by not trashing him in the media and then guy try to extort him

Talk about making up a story...... Yup Matt saved the guy from being embarrassed.... Well played...... Not...

Perfect response from Kuchar. Couldn't have said it better myself

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Kuchy speaks!

"Kuchar explained that he didn't know Ortiz before they were arranged to meet on Tuesday of the tournament week, and the two men never exchanged contact information. According to Kuchar, they originally agreed to a bonus structure that would have allowed Ortiz to make up to $4,000 for the week.

"I ended up paying him $5,000 and I thought that was more than what we agreed upon," Kuchar said. "I kind of think, if he had the chance to do it over again, same exact deal, that he'd say yes again."

When asked if there is anything he'd do differently about the situation or agreement in hindsight given the criticism, Kuchar declined. He also explained that, as it relates to Ortiz's $50,000 figure, he considers the matter closed.

"It's done. Listen, I feel like I was fair and good," he said. "You can't make everybody happy. You're not going to buy people's ability to be OK with you, and this seems to be a social media issue more than anything. I think it shouldn't be, knowing that there was a complete, agreed-upon deal that not only did I meet but exceeded.

"So I certainly don't lose sleep over this. This is something that I'm quite happy with, and I was really happy for him to have a great week and make a good sum of money. Making $5,000 is a great week."

I'm over this story. He should have floated him more cash. But, I think it's a little ridiculous that the caddy is trying to go after more money. Don't care if the Caddy agreed to $4000. Kuchar just made a million plus. Should have given him more. Playing and simple. Not that it matters, but I lost respect for Kuchar. Others have too. His response didn't really change that.

All evidence to the contrary,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

Kuchy speaks!

I'm over this story. He should have floated him more cash. But, I think it's a little ridiculous that the caddy is trying to go after more money. Don't care if the Caddy agreed to $4000. Kuchar just made a million plus. Should have given him more. Playing and simple. Not that it matters, but I lost respect for Kuchar. Others have too. His response didn't really change that.

All evidence to the contrary,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Lol, because I commented on his response? Ok. I will clarify for your very discerning personality. I am officially over the story in 3...2...1...

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

Kuchy speaks!

If he was hoping that the article was going to make him look better.... for me he can add it to his book of fails. If anything I have less respect for him based on that article.

Most remarkable is koochy saying that,

"they originally agreed to a bonus structure that would have allowed Ortiz to make up to $4,000 for the week."

So, Tucster gets 3k.

Then, his bonus is "structured" for a maximum of 1k for a win?

Id love to see how this is pro-rated...

Win, $1,000

2nd, $400

3rd. $100

10th $19.99

25th $6.74

35th Tacos & 2 Tecates

45th Pack of Chicklets

60th Band-Aid

Kuchy speaks!

Most remarkable is koochy saying that,

"they originally agreed to a bonus structure that would have allowed Ortiz to make up to $4,000 for the week."

So, Tucster gets 3k.

Then, his bonus is "structured" for a maximum of 1k for a win?

Id love to see how this is pro-rated...

Win, $1,000

2nd, $400

3rd. $100

10th $19.99

25th $6.74

35th Tacos & 2 Tecates

45th Pack of Chicklets

60th Band-Aid

And if offered that deal before hand, like my man says, he'd have taken that

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

They guy in Mexico is trying to extort him. Could Kuchar have paid him more? Yes. Is it his responsibility to do so? No. They had a deal. And, then Kuchar paid him a nice bonus. The guy doesn't deserve to be paid what a regular is paid. He was a substitute. The amount paid(if In American Dollars) is worth much more in Mexico. They guy didn't like what he got paid and tried to go public with it to get more out of a famous and person with money.

A deal is a deal and then he was paid a nice bonus for being a fill in. The guy is an idiot for not taking the money and changing his life and his families life.

That whole country is full of corruption.

840 posts on this non-starter of a topic and all that has been achieved is providing us a superb example of the phrase "Opinions are like a.....es, everyone has one."

Who the hell (besides yourselves) cares????

I'm curious about the statistics on this thread--ie--% for and against Matt Kuchar..

I'm guessing the majority will be against..

Not the only categories.

Wow! Kuchar sounds a lot like some posters on here: "So what if I only gave him .38% total? $5,000 is a good week for a caddie. And it's a little more than we agreed to on Tuesday". . . Haha..

Okay Kuch. You do you buddy. But you're one cheap son of a gun. Didn't cross your mind to just maybe toss your "lucky charm" $10-20k after your first win a long time? After saying he helped rally the crowd in your favor, etc? yikes.

I wasn't really bothered by Kuch in all this before, because I thought he might just kind of be ignorant of what happened and would make it right. But actually defending $5k and acting like that's normal? He's a chump.

There is no reason why Kuchar shouldn't have just said he messed up and should have paid him the $50k that Ortiz wanted. That is a number that a lot of people think is fair. More than what Ortiz got, less than the 10% that Tour caddies get. Trying to say that Ortiz was paid well is a terrible look and I don't know if Kuchar realizes how bad this is for him. Steiny has clients that are unnecessarily cheap for some reason.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Anyone who travels on a business expense account knows that food tastes better when it's bought with OPM - Other Peoples Money. Seems like there is a portion of the posters here who are pretty comfortable telling others how to spend their money.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Contract = Offer and Acceptance of Offer

Kuch offers him 25 days pay at peak rates for what could've been only 2 days if he missed the cut. He Accepted the deal. This guy needs to go away.

Don't complain about the deal you agreed to. Good Luck getting a bag for next year's event.

Nope...not exactly. It was base pay plus unspecified amt based on his finish. Imo goes to character.

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

Based on the article. He did himself no favors speaking out.

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

Kuchar definitely has lost the PR war with that crap.

What an a**.......

Except for the jerks here, I'd bet a dollar to a donut that he hasn't lost one iota of PR with the audience that counts. This will be, thankfully, forgotten by the broader public, if they know or even if known/care in a week. The fans will be "KOOOOOOOCHing" this weekend just like always.

Actually a better statement than I expected. He says he was clear, and we’ve seen the other guy just keeps shifting the narrative as it is convenient to the aims of some interlopers, or they are shifting it for him, selling him on the idea he’ll get a bigger payday. Sad.

Still wish he’d been more generous once he’d won. I’d have been a lot freer with his money, lol, but it’s his money, their deal and still none of my business or anyone else’s.

Mr. Plaid Shorts - well done on blowing the $15k - with that statement the ship has sailed forever on any further payment. Steiny lets his iguana eat guys like you as poolside snacks.

Story over within about another 48 hours.

Actually less, because the Big Cat tees off tomorrow morning and GC, etc. will move on and talk about nothing else.