Sub 70 Clubs

apex17

Just ordered 286 in 52/56 and JB in 60LB. In black because why not?

It's an over-length build (all 36.75") so they're going to hand-pick the lightest heads for swing weight purposes. I'm matching these against Wishon single-length irons at 37.5" with otherwise same (shaft/grip) specs, and the head weight addition and length reduction still means I'd be ~10 swing weight points higher otherwise. So if a few points can be knocked off with the lightest heads, that'll help.

Had to do it over the phone rather than online because of those unique requests, and Cody was very helpful. Always good to have a company with great customer service!

• Like 3

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

10 hours ago, RyKnocks said:

They JUST released and there’s a 4 week waiting period. I don’t think anyone has them yet. 

After spending way too much time on the website going back and forth, I finally logged in to purchase the raw set and saw the black available, right about the same time they were mentioned on instagram.  I placed my order for the black TA3s immediately, which was 6/14, so unfortunately I'm probably not even half way there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stretchr said:

my irons arrived 6/18 from a 5/23 order.

Very happy with them so far. The shape is exactly what I wanted.  I had been worried about pro vs non pro but as an improving but higher handicapper i decided my top line love should probably go behind some extra forgiveness and got the 699. The top lines and overall shape are still great for me, not obnoxiously thick seeming at all to my eye. I had been hitting 712 ap2s and these are for sure more forgiving for me as well as a bit longer.  Everyone I have shown them too thinks they look fantastic.

Very nice! Let us know how you like them once you get them out on the course. I just ordered 699 pro (4-Aw) on Sunday after hitting the 699, 699 pro and 639 cb. Those CB’s are beautiful but I’m coming from players cavities and I only play a few rounds a year so I need all the help I can get. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, *sigh* said:

Very nice! Let us know how you like them once you get them out on the course. I just ordered 699 pro (4-Aw) on Sunday after hitting the 699, 699 pro and 639 cb. Those CB’s are beautiful but I’m coming from players cavities and I only play a few rounds a year so I need all the help I can get. 

will do!

I skipped aw because i have a 52 i like and promptly left it edge of green and someone nabbed it 😞

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Stretchr said:

will do!

I skipped aw because i have a 52 i like and promptly left it edge of green and someone nabbed it 😞

Oh that’s a bummer! I’m not sure if I’ll keep it or move to a speciality 50*, but I’m coming from a 48* PW to a 45* so I needed to fill the gap between my PW and 54* for the time being. We’ll see how it plays and if it gets the permanent nod. 

• Like 1

If anyone is interested, I just posted a barely used set of 699 pros in the bst: 

• Like 1

Stealth OG 10.5 Ventus Red 6s

Epic flash 18deg Fujikura pro 6.0s

Maverick 21deg 7wd Fujikura pro 7.0S

5i-Aw Srixon ZX5  KBS TGI 100

52 Glide 4.0 SS KBS TGI 100

56 Glide 4.0 WS KBS TGI 100

60 Glide 4.0 TS KBS TGI 100

Lab DF3 70 deg 35.5" Accra Black

On 6/24/2021 at 7:01 PM, 1163 said:

I just received my set of Sub 70 irons today and put them through initial paces at the range. I placed the order with them on May 24th and I ordered the following-  

*699 Pro Utility Black 4 22* w/NV 85 stiff 1*upright 

*639 Raw Combo (CB 5-7/MB 8-PW) w/KBS 105 stiff 2* upright

*286 Forged Raw 50* wedge w/KBS 105 stiff 2* upright

All specs seem to be spot on and build quality seems to be top notch. The irons look fantastic and are as good as anything i’ve ever played, tested, or seen.

The only issue, which is minor, is that the utility NV shaft is logo up. I haven’t seen standard logo up since the mid 1990’s. I assumed that shaft would come logo down, like the irons, and was surprised when it came logo up. There was no option on the website for logo up or logo down. Anyways, I can have my local repair guy reverse the shaft for $15.

The only other slight bummer is that I didn’t get the complimentary hat that so many folks have received with their order. I did receive some tee’s, ball marker, nice hand written letter, and some stickers.

Hitting these clubs exceeded my expectations. The feel is pure forged and felt as good as any iron I’ve ever hit. I can flight them up/down and are slightly longer in distance then my previous two sets- Ping i200 and Srixon 785’s. Forgiveness was the biggest surprise, including the 8-PW blades. They are as forgiving as my Ping i200’s, which was my concern before hitting them.

The 699 Pro Utility looked awesome with minimal width on top line/sole but was very forgiving.

Overall, a fantastic set of irons and can’t wait to get them on the course.

I’m now a big Sub 70 advocate and great job Sub 70!

Update...talked Sub 70 this morning and they are taking care of the shaft logo issue asap. I can’t say enough on how good their service is!

The hats aren’t always included, just depends on inventory… I did once sweet talk my way into a visor though! (Happily paid for the second one)

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

Have had my 699 Pros (6-GW) and 54/58 JB wedges for about 2 months and have been very impressed with them.

Edited by Itsjustagame
  • Like 2

Rogue ST Max Graphite Design MAD
Rogue 3HL and 7 wood
Sub 70 4/5/6 949x Hybrid
Sub 70 699 Pro Black 7-GW Recoil 680 F4
Sub 70 JB Forged Wedges 54/58

Odyssey EXO Seven Slant

8 hours ago, MUNIGRIT said:

I didn't read through the whole thread but these clubs look a lot like the PXG clubs.

But a fraction of the price with equal/maybe better performance. 

Driver: Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5* Riptide Regular
Wood: Adams Tight Lies 4w 16* Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Tight Lies 2 4h 22* Stiff
Irons: Sub70 699u 5i/6i, 699 7-PW
Wedges: Callaway MD2 52* Tour Grind, Callaway MD2 58* Tour Grind
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Labs #10

Does anyone have any information on how the stock PX Hybrid graphite shafts play/kick? Struggling to find info on them.

Also, if anyone plays one of their utilities and had their lofts altered, which route did you take and why? I'm in between weakening a 2 to play at 18.5* or strengthening a 3 to play at 18.5* (weakening 1.5* vs strengthening 1*) but am unsure as to how it may affect the playing condition.

Driver - Taylormade M2 2017 9.75*

3W - Cobra RadSpeed Draw 14.5*

5W - Callaway Epic Flash 18*

7W - Taylormade M4 5HL 21*

5H - Callaway Rogue 24*

Irons - Taylormade P790 6-PW

Wedges - TM Milled Grind 50* & 54* | Hi-Toe 60*

Putter - Nike Method Converge B1-01

Grips - MCC clone| Ball - TP5

3 hours ago, macedan said:

Does anyone have any information on how the stock PX Hybrid graphite shafts play/kick? Struggling to find info on them.

Also, if anyone plays one of their utilities and had their lofts altered, which route did you take and why? I'm in between weakening a 2 to play at 18.5* or strengthening a 3 to play at 18.5* (weakening 1.5* vs strengthening 1*) but am unsure as to how it may affect the playing condition.

I have the the 699u 4. I had it it bent down 2 degrees to fit in a gap. The club performs just fine. 

• Like 1

Driver- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

4H- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699U 21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges - Sub 70 286 50+54 degree

Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach #11

3 hours ago, macedan said:

I don’t have any info on the shaft, but in regards to lofts either will work fine. Weakening the loft will decrease offset and increase bounce and strengthening the loft will do the exact opposite, so it mostly comes down to personal preference. I think those two clubs also play at different length shafts so that’s worth considering too. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gtg662y said:

Just heard from Sub 70 that they have run out of DG X100s.  They guessed another month, but potentially longer if there are further supply chain disruptions.  😑  

The price break on the TA3s if I bought the shafts elsewhere and shipped them to Chicago was minimal, so I guess I'm waiting this out.  

I feel your pain.  The waiting is the worst part.  Even knowing beforehand there is going to be a wait, it's like time slows down even more just to mess with you.

• Like 1

You didn't plan to fail, you failed to plan!

SIM/9*/UST Elements Platinum
M5/15*/Kai'li 70s//M5/19*/Kai'li 70s
Titleist u500 3/Recoil Hybrid Proto 100 f4

SUB 70 649 MB Raw 4-PW/Recoil Proto 110 f4
Mizuno t20 Raw 51*/56*/61*/KBS Tour 120 s
Bastain Milled BM-009 Long Neck Proto

On 5/6/2021 at 4:13 PM, RolandofGilead said:

Agree with these folks. I would say that to my eye the 639 CB has more substantial perimeter weighting, thicker sole, and longer blade length than large OEM players cavity counterparts: TM P7MC, Callaway X Forged CB, Srixon ZX7, Wilson Staff CB, Titleist 620CB. Reports I’ve seen make the Sub70 flavor much more forgiving.

I heard one of the sub70 offerings had something like a v sole but can’t remember which one. Anyone know or can confirm?

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

19 hours ago, Rbsiedsc said:

I heard one of the sub70 offerings had something like a v sole but can’t remember which one. Anyone know or can confirm?

The instructor I’m working with said the sole on my 739 irons is very similar. 

• Thanks 1

Driver- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

4H- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699U 21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges - Sub 70 286 50+54 degree

Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach #11

I've been gaming a combo set of 639 CB 4-7 and MB 8-PW with a 48/52/56 wedge set to go with them since the first stimulus checks came in last year. I'm extremely happy with my sub70 clubs.

I'm contemplating now getting either a JB 50* or contacting customer support and seeing if there's a GW/AW I could match with my current set; don't think I need so many wedges, so looking to consolidate the 48 and 52 into one club. Also thinking about getting a 2 iron or hybrid demo as a tee club for short par 4s since my local muni has a few of them.

I advertise sub70 to people as much as I can without being obnoxious. Think it's a great company with a fantastic product.

• Like 1

Any photos out there with rounds on them? I’d love to see how they are holding up at 50 rounds, 100 rounds, etc.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Just sent an email to request pricing and availability… I’m thinking 5 and 6 in the 699 pro and then 639 cb from 7-9… not sure what I’m going to do on pitching wedge and gap wedge… I wanted the 649 but don’t thing they offer a gap wedge. @Sub70Golf can I demand specific visors again? I already have 2 so I don’t want to duplicate

• Like 2

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

On 7/1/2021 at 6:51 PM, Rbsiedsc said:

639CB has a pre-worn leading edge and wide sole (to my eye) and that combo gets through turf very well, but it isn’t a v sole. I demo’d alongside Hogan PTxPro with v sole and didn’t notice much difference in turf interaction.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

D| Titleist 975D 9.5* DG S300

3W| Titleist 980F 15* DG S300

5W| Titleist 975F 18.5* DG S300

3-P| MacGregor Muirfield 20th DG X100

SW| Maltby TSW 56* DG X100

LW| Maltby TSW 60* DG S300

P| Ping Anser

Ball| Maxfli Tour S Yellow

2 hours ago, joe chum said:

I will take some pics tomorrow at the course. Approx 50 rounds on my irons and wedges

Looking forward to seeing the photos

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Sorry just uploading pics quickly from my phone while I wait on the tee box behind a 6some. These are the most worn out of my clubs, the 7 is the first CB in my combo set.

Also, I don’t carry a lob wedge so the 56 is an all-around short game club. That’s my excuse for the wear marks all over the face. It has also done a lot of chipping around my back yard this year since I have a 7 month old and don’t get to the course too often

Edited by joe chum
  • Like 1

Hey Guys,

I’m brand new to the Sub 70 scene. I love everything I’m seeing and reading about these. They seem to be a perfect fit for my game. Over the past five years I’ve played P790, PXG Gen 3 P, and now Apex DCB’s. I have a few questions, and any insight would be much appreciated. 

if I’m looking for a slightly smaller profile than the DCB’s, how would the 699 compare? The DCB’s are definitely a thicker top line and sole than the 790 and 0311P. 

From what I can find, the 699 Pro’s aren’t available in lefty. I think these would be my best fit, but I’m willing to go 699 standard I’ve they aren’t any bigger than the DCB’s. Have the Pro’s ever been available in lefty?

Also, and this is random, does anyone know if Sub 70 accepts prepaid Visa cards as a form of payment? I have a prepaid card with a couple hundred bucks on it that I need to put towards my next purchase. 

Thanks in advance!! I’m really intrigued by these.