Callaway Apex and Apex Pro 21

Lefty87

Would make assumption the MMT are available as they are stock Graphite for the XFCB. 
Really looking forward to some photos of these. My local Callaway rep has said he hasn’t received his samples yet 🤔

• Like 1

In my OGIO RTC Bag
Mavrik (for now)
EPIC FLASH SZ 3 wood
EPIC FLASH % wood
APEX 19 5-AW

MD4 52 custom by AT
MD5 56, 60
Toulon Garage Memphis or Palm Beach
2020 Chrome Soft TT

New Apex Pros look amazing. Haven't seen them in person yet. Less of a cavity back look and more solid 1 piece forging with a hollow body.

PGA of Canada Class A & TPI Golf Level 2 Certified
Callaway Paradym TD LS  9* -> Ventus Black 6X 
Callaway Paradym TD 15* to 16* -> Ventus Black 7X
Callaway Apex UW 21* -> Ventus Black 8X
Callaway Apex MB 2021 7-PW / Apex Pro 4-6 -> DG TI X100
Callaway JAWS Raw 50W/56X/60C(FT) -> DG TI S400
Toulon Las Vegas H7 - 33"
Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track 360

I really have a hard time believing these irons will ship in February.  That just seems super quick with the lack of information out there so far.  I know the X Forged CB and Apex MB's went up for preorder pretty fast after pics surfaced, but those always get less hype than the Apex Pro line.  Hopefully I'm wrong!

This thread is absolutely insanity haha. Why is there nothing being leaked other than “they’re awesome”? Based on the bits and pieces coming out they sound like a direct competitor to 770s, which personally I’m not mad at all about. 

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock

3 hours ago, tonyw84 said:

I really have a hard time believing these irons will ship in February.  That just seems super quick with the lack of information out there so far.  I know the X Forged CB and Apex MB's went up for preorder pretty fast after pics surfaced, but those always get less hype than the Apex Pro line.  Hopefully I'm wrong!

I keep hearing that fitters should have heads in January so would somewhat follow the Apex MB and X Forged CB launch.  That said, I am finding it hard to believe that some pics haven't been shared - seems building excitement for what sounds like a solid release would be a good thing...

I gather that the Apex pros are possibly going to be direct competitors to the P770's, but does that mean the standard Apexes will be direct competitors to the P790? or will they have a bigger gap and be closer to the P790 Ti, just without the price? or gasp they've kept this under wraps because they're finally going to release something into the ultra-premium market that isn't ultralight and whippy? The suspense is killing me.

• Like 2

Callaway Customs Rogue ST Max LS @ 9.5 - LAGP Bryson Series 65-4

PING G430 LST 3W - LAGP Bryson Series 75-4

Callaway Apex UW 21° - LAGP Bryson Series 75-4
PING i210 4-U - Recoil Prototype Customs 95 F4
Artisan 54°, 58° - Recoil Prototype 95 F4
Artisan 0418 putter

Chrome Tour, Z-Grip+2, really weird full alligator Vokey stand bag that I've never seen pictures of on the internet

I find Callaway's iron releases a bit odd. They release the MB's which we know for that high speed blade player, then they release a smaller X Forged CB with an odd amount of offset. And now we are all waiting for an Apex Pro which should be for the same player as X Forged CB but hopefully the lack of offset we are all waiting for. Then Apex which will be players distance and now a deep cavity blade which will be for who? Once again the X Forged will be forgotten.

• Like 2

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

43 minutes ago, mtex22 said:

I find Callaway's iron releases a bit odd. They release the MB's which we know for that high speed blade player, then they release a smaller X Forged CB with an odd amount of offset. And now we are all waiting for an Apex Pro which should be for the same player as X Forged CB but hopefully the lack of offset we are all waiting for. Then Apex which will be players distance and now a deep cavity blade which will be for who? Once again the X Forged will be forgotten.

this ^

just seems that the breakdown from other companies is easier to understand what’s going on.

Taylormade (790, 770, mc, mb)

(790 players distance, 770 smaller version of 790, mc will be the players cb iron, then your blade).

2018 x forged was quite a bit tighter to me vs 2019 apex pro. XF had a tighter top line etc. so will the new 21 apex pro be even bigger then the XF CB? 

I don't understand why Callaway went with the X Forged name for the CB and driving iron, and have the Apex name for the MB below it, the pro above it, and the regular Apex for the 4th up top for the fatter side of player's distance. It just seems like the X Forged is all alone in the line when it could've been called Apex CB and matched the rest of the irons in that part of the lineup.

Edited by ShAMbotay
  • Like 1

Callaway Customs Rogue ST Max LS @ 9.5 - LAGP Bryson Series 65-4

PING G430 LST 3W - LAGP Bryson Series 75-4

Callaway Apex UW 21° - LAGP Bryson Series 75-4
PING i210 4-U - Recoil Prototype Customs 95 F4
Artisan 54°, 58° - Recoil Prototype 95 F4
Artisan 0418 putter

Chrome Tour, Z-Grip+2, really weird full alligator Vokey stand bag that I've never seen pictures of on the internet

15 hours ago, ShAMbotay said:

I don't understand why Callaway went with the X Forged name for the CB and driving iron, and have the Apex name for the MB below it, the pro above it, and the regular Apex for the 4th up top for the fatter side of player's distance. It just seems like the X Forged is all alone in the line when it could've been called Apex CB and matched the rest of the irons in that part of the lineup.

I would say the X forged CB are a stand alone iron. Really their only players cavity back iron that provides distance control over pure distance. The new Apex Pro match up much better with the MB shape wise and offset wise. They just released them at different times for whatever reason. The MB and x forged cb in my opinion don’t combo up very well shape and offset wise. 

Edited by poppman2142

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* with GD Tour AD VF 5 stiff untipped

Taylormade Burner Mini 13.5* with GD Tour AD VF 6 stiff untipped 

Ping i530 4-P,U with Fujikura Axiom 125x 

Ping s159 wedges 52s, 56s, 60h with Fujikura Axiom 125x

Odyssey Ai One Milled Eight T S

2024 Callaway Tour 
Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

Xander is not playing apex pro. He is playing an early proto of x forged that is stamped apex pro. If you do a search you can see that his irons clearly are identical to x forged in everything but name. I do agree that they should have been named apex cb. x forged cb puts them on an island all alone. Apex mb, cb, pro and apex. Gives Callaway a premium players line to compliment the economy line for all players. 

6 hours ago, tbone18 said:

srixon has their new stuff up on their website. apex and apex pro 21 are still under embargo til feb. I think.

I know

Can't get the Srixon's yet either, but at least they are out there for details, being tested, etc 

Apex we have seen or heard absolutely ZERO......any inside info appreciated...

10 hours ago, tbone18 said:

srixon has their new stuff up on their website. apex and apex pro 21 are still under embargo til feb. I think.

February???  Seems like an eternity from now.  Figured we would at least have a spy photo or something by now.  

How are people in the US actually getting the new Srixons?  I saw a set on BST, are they getting them from Tour Spec direct from Japan?  Or have an inside connection?  Can't imagine it's cheap to get them shipped overseas.  

On same topic, why is the US so much more delayed in the release of these compared to the rest of the world?  

54 minutes ago, Murdock said:

February???  Seems like an eternity from now.  Figured we would at least have a spy photo or something by now.  

How are people in the US actually getting the new Srixons?  I saw a set on BST, are they getting them from Tour Spec direct from Japan?  Or have an inside connection?  Can't imagine it's cheap to get them shipped overseas.  

On same topic, why is the US so much more delayed in the release of these compared to the rest of the world?  

There was some PGA tour pics on here a while ago. We think. Could be a one off prototype for Xander Schauffele. The guys who have the New Srixons already may be staffers or bought them from overseas.  Most US releases happen around the PGA show in Orlando in late January.  This makes it easy for all the OEMs to talk to all the golf course pros and make preorders.

On 12/17/2020 at 3:36 PM, ShAMbotay said:

my thought, coming from someone who has received a full set of X forged 21 CB, and two utilities for my 15-year-old son who is a high level junior player (Dad is a mid single-digit and has hit them extensively… they are phenomenal - has been easy to get past any of the potential offset issues thus far.).  Sounds like Callaway is starting to put some distance in between the two, especially if the Apex Pros are indeed a hollow players cavity.  There was always little delineation in the 19 line, so this probably adds a bit more of a distinct difference although I agree with what has been said above the naming is definitely a bit odd.  Absolutely love the Callaway product, just feel they could’ve been a little more concise and aligned like TaylorMade with the 700 series release.

53 minutes ago, cubuffs said:

my thought, coming from someone who has received a full set of X forged 21 CB, and two utilities for my 15-year-old son who is a high level junior player (Dad is a mid single-digit and has hit them extensively… they are phenomenal - has been easy to get past any of the potential offset issues thus far.).  Sounds like Callaway is starting to put some distance in between the two, especially if the Apex Pros are indeed a hollow players cavity.  There was always little delineation in the 19 line, so this probably adds a bit more of a distinct difference although I agree with what has been said above the naming is definitely a bit odd.  Absolutely love the Callaway product, just feel they could’ve been a little more concise and aligned like TaylorMade with the 700 series release.

Apex Pro will be a hollow players cavity? What did I miss? lol

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

The Apex Pro has always been the 'tech packed players forged' iron from Callaway.

The 2019 IMO was the epitome of that - without being truly a hollow body and having foam or anything inside (only face cup).

If the 2020 has a hollow interior and/or foam and etc, IMO the 2019 will remain the best iteration of the Apex Pro.

Callaway will probably have 'players' move to the XForged due to this, and maybe that's what they want?

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

1 hour ago, third-times-a-charm said:

The Apex Pro has always been the 'tech packed players forged' iron from Callaway.

The 2019 IMO was the epitome of that - without being truly a hollow body and having foam or anything inside (only face cup).

If the 2020 has a hollow interior and/or foam and etc, IMO the 2019 will remain the best iteration of the Apex Pro.

Callaway will probably have 'players' move to the XForged due to this, and maybe that's what they want?

Cally better be careful messing with a good thing/line/name or some guys may move over to T100's or the very nice looking new TM offerings.

15 minutes ago, DMartini said:

Cally better be careful messing with a good thing/line/name or some guys may move over to T100's or the very nice looking new TM offerings.

They don’t leak some pics soon something else will be going in the bag 😂😂 Heck...Bridgestone thread has more action...why...pics. Come on Callaway, need some pics. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DMartini said:

Like other posters here have mentioned, Callaway needs to have a come to jesus moment with the iron lines. Maybe this is what theyre doing or are moving to do? Who knows.

TM is the shining example of this. The 7-series line and then the 'rack' branded line (currently SIM). he 7-series line can be blended any which way with any of the sets and TM even provides a chart.

Callaway on the other hand has too much going on with too much overlap and it's confusing even for the most astute of us. The last hanging fruit is the difference between the Apex and XForged lines - and the 'Pro' line of the 'rack' clubs.

How do you blend the Rogue Pro and the XForged 18? How do you blend the Maverik Pro and the Apex 19 Pro? Apex 19 and Apex MB? Why choose Mavrik Pro over Apex Pro or XForged CB? Or Apex 19 Standard?

TBH Callaway could completely do away with the Apex line and be more streamlined but that wont happen. So the question is how do they remove the overlap?

It's a 1:2 ratio in the 'players game improvement' category almost. TM for example...

Do you like the P790? Callaway has the Mav Pro and Apex Forged

Do you like the P770? Callaway has the Apex Pro and XForged CB

Not to mention discontinued irons which are still out there like the Rogue Pro or Epic Pro

Edited by third-times-a-charm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC