2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New Cobra Putters

chouls19

5 hours ago, Andygolderson said:

i'm not convinced. I love their F9 range. I bought the F9 Forgec Tec irons and i REALLY love the F9 driver. The succeeding SZ driver was too tinny on the sound spectrum and i lost all interest the the following irons.

I bought second hand MB/CB irons - all MB's , then additionally bought the RF protos.

I must say, i'm completely convinced that Cobra can produce excellent blades - anyone else is a subsequent xxxx fanboy and can p*ss off.

Driver tech is proven by many many many people and i really love the sound and feel of the CNC milled face of the F9 seriens - this is something they need to keep, in my opinion.

The infinity face is a flop, drop it.

MiM wedges, i feel have a good inention, but they're just not there yet. Deisgn and looks are really up there, ,but they're just not as soft as they claim to be. 

Maybe it's my personal bias, but wedges are supposed to feel "soft". for me, Callaway MD4 are soft, Cobra wedges are all very stiff, rigid and clicky.

Despite that, however, i'm still buying and gaming this sh#t*.

I just wouldn't touch a cobra putter, unless you literally put it in my hand, with a gun to my head. Even if you gave it to me for free, i'd be really sceptical about it.

They really need to have their staff on board with their products in order to instill confidence in their products.

Look at the Cobra roster, you can count the people in 2 hands. Noe of them game any Cobra putter and for wedges, i've really not checked.

By the way, the snakebites looks like complete trash when you see them on the web, I have no intention to look into them furthe to consider to buy any.

Just curious but have you rolled them yet?

On 5/24/2021 at 6:00 AM, One-Time said:

Went to check these out on Sunday. Snagged a few address pic for those interested. 

These putters feel better than I thought they would and I really like the look of them. Just wish the supernova came in a slant neck! 

C17961DC-6C84-4C43-A104-888C576F1330.jpeg

869BEAFE-010E-47CA-B9C3-E7D13F183B03.jpeg

45138B11-BBA8-4E1B-B4AD-7B2078D2CB6B.jpeg

They look like they are trying too hard! Too busy for me!

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve had mine since US Open weekend.    It’s a Nova-40. Finally put it in play last night.  Had been putting really well with an Odyssey 10, but wanted to see something different tonight after a bad round on Sunday.

The SIK face does seem to help put a great roll on the ball.  I play a TP5 Pix, and the lines show up instantly and stay that way.

Not ready to make any calls on it after 9 holes.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 9:29 AM, mcounci2 said:

I've been playing the Agera, and it's earned it's spot as my go-to mallet.  LOVE it.  I've been wanting a Sik for a while but can't stand the look of the Flo, so I was pretty stoked for these Cobras.  I guess I'm the niche they were after

been looking at this for too long lol --

how is it on long putts? fast greens?

Edited by gioguy21

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

1 hour ago, gioguy21 said:

been looking at this for too long lol --

how is it on long putts? fast greens?

I wouldn't qualify any of the greens I normally play as "fast," but I don't seem to have too much of a problem adjusting to different green speeds.  I will say that I notice the presence of the Cobra more on slower/shaggier greens- the ball seems to roll better on slow grass off the Sik face than it does off of my old putter when I have to take a large swing at a putt.  I've also noticed more ease when putting through fringe, which make sense as fringe is more or less a REALLY slow green.

• Thanks 1

Have a bunch of sessions now with the Nova at the local practice green. My other putter is an Evnroll ER2B, before that had Camerons and Odysseys (#7 and a DoubleWide - the former is roughly the same as the Nova, the latter same as the ER2B). The local course is very hilly and the greens reflect that, also fairly quick.

My miss typically is high or low on the face rather than toe/heel, so the Sik face seems to be helping with roll. I had forgotten how much I like the fang visual alignment lines - the Nova is really easy to aim. My only challenge with the club is very long putts, as I really need to swing it. But I feel like anything inside of 6' is makable so I'll take the trade-off. The ER2B is a bit easier to hit long, but isn't quite as easy to line up.

As always, ymmv but I like the Nova a lot. At the end of the day I got rid of the Odysseys as I didn't care for the insert, but the Nova isn't really the same flavor of insert. While I might prefer the way Sik mills their face into the head, they don't make a shape that gives me a warm fuzzy, and Cobra does.

AI Smoke Max Tensei Blue 55R | Cleveland Halo XL HyWood 3+ Tensei Blue 55R

G430 4-5H Alta R | Srixon ZX4-5 7i-AW Dart 65R

Glide4 Eye2 56 | Vokey 60 M | Ping Anser 2023

I tried the Agera in a pro shop and though heaver than my gamer, it felt balanced and smooth. Totally not enough time to drop coin, and the WRX reviewers are less than impressed, so I may wait to see where they go with the next update. But, I've said this before and ended up with something new.

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

1 hour ago, Mr. Grumpy said:

I tried the Agera in a pro shop and though heaver than my gamer, it felt balanced and smooth. Totally not enough time to drop coin, and the WRX reviewers are less than impressed, so I may wait to see where they go with the next update. But, I've said this before and ended up with something new.

Most of the negative reviews were with the grandsport. The mallets are great.

• 1 month later...

I have the Vintage Sport 45 (plumbers neck).  I like it.  Puts a good roll on the ball.  Might change the grip, but for those that use arccos, it's a pretty cool bonus.

I can't say definitively that the sik face really makes a difference in terms of the variable loft, but mentally it's nice to know it exists...especially when you're up against the collar or have a really long putt where you know your delivery of the face to the ball can have more variation.

• 1 month later...

I’ve recently tried the Agera- I’m usually a DF user and have also putted with a SIK Armlock.

The SIK face just works. I’ve had multiple playing partners comment on the fantastic and immediate roll. Notably faster to get rolling than my DF.

‘The Agera, while bulky, delivers what it promises…forgiveness on mishits. I tried some stuff on the putting green - hitting it in the toe and on the heel - it’s amazingly stable. Probably the most stable putter I’ve tried that isn’t lie angle balanced 

34 minutes ago, m_w said:

I’ve recently tried the Agera- I’m usually a DF user and have also putted with a SIK Armlock.

The SIK face just works. I’ve had multiple playing partners comment on the fantastic and immediate roll. Notably faster to get rolling than my DF.

‘The Agera, while bulky, delivers what it promises…forgiveness on mishits. I tried some stuff on the putting green - hitting it in the toe and on the heel - it’s amazingly stable. Probably the most stable putter I’ve tried that isn’t lie angle balanced 

It's moi numbers are downright gaudy

The Agera is a great face balanced putter. Absolutely love mine with only 2 complaints. First being I wish the sightline extended all the way to the face. Second some of the black paint on the bottom you can tell was rather cheap as it’s already came off in a few small places, purely cosmetic though.

I guess i can chime in with some long term results as i still have my nova, and have at least a dozen rounds and hours of practice in all conditions. The “fragile” face- yes you can damage it or nick it if you arent careful. However just during normal use and play its been fine, no damage has occurred. Use your headcover, wipe it clean when you can and you should be fine. Still love love love it. Played in tournament about a month ago and while i played like junk, i was holing dang near everything inside 15. So much so, on hole 6, one of my playing competitors stopped and asked me what putter i had because i was deadly with it. Lol

• Like 1

I recently bought a King Torino w/SIK tech and I'm a little indifferent on it so far. It rolls the ball really well, however it feels much different on the course when hitting long putts. I played a course with really quick greens and loved it... I made a lot of mid range putts. I also played on a course with slow greens and it was pretty bad. Could've been operator error for sure but I think I'll play through the winter with it to get a better verdict. 

I recently purchased the Agera putter and have been gaming it. Overall it is a good putter, but does have some areas that can be improved. What works is the stability, speed control, and the sik face. The face just gets the ball rolling so well and grips the ball to the ground like glue. Used it on fast and slow greens and even though it is heavy, I feel distance control is still really good and didn't find myself hitting timidly on fast greens. Where I think they can improve is that the sight line is too reflective and not enough contrast and and the grip is already wearing after just a few rounds. I do have concern for players that don't use the headcover or are rough with their clubs that the 3D print won't hold up. I am an engineer, so I know 3D print material like they use well, and it has its limits on how it can hold up, especially with impact forces. With the 3D material exposed on the sides and backs, if it gets hit with force, it will break. My last thought is that it is really suited only for straight back and through putters. I have a slight arc and find I have to fight not arcing too much or I start pushing puts off my intended line.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Was totally unprepared for how much I would love the Supernova today at PGATSS. I was really focusing on alignment and something about the gap behind the face really suited my eye. And the stability of the stroke was really dead on. 

I can’t seem to find anything on Cobra’s site about custom options, normally I play putter 2-3* flat but don’t see any retailers offering that. Anyone know?

On 11/5/2021 at 10:48 AM, Ryancolts1988 said:

I recently purchased the Agera putter and have been gaming it. Overall it is a good putter, but does have some areas that can be improved. What works is the stability, speed control, and the sik face. The face just gets the ball rolling so well and grips the ball to the ground like glue. Used it on fast and slow greens and even though it is heavy, I feel distance control is still really good and didn't find myself hitting timidly on fast greens. Where I think they can improve is that the sight line is too reflective and not enough contrast and and the grip is already wearing after just a few rounds. I do have concern for players that don't use the headcover or are rough with their clubs that the 3D print won't hold up. I am an engineer, so I know 3D print material like they use well, and it has its limits on how it can hold up, especially with impact forces. With the 3D material exposed on the sides and backs, if it gets hit with force, it will break. My last thought is that it is really suited only for straight back and through putters. I have a slight arc and find I have to fight not arcing too much or I start pushing puts off my intended line.

I had to replace the grip on mine as it was shot after 1/2 year of use. Put a gravity grip on it to keep the weight similar.

19 hours ago, philsRHman said:

Was totally unprepared for how much I would love the Supernova today at PGATSS. I was really focusing on alignment and something about the gap behind the face really suited my eye. And the stability of the stroke was really dead on. 

I can’t seem to find anything on Cobra’s site about custom options, normally I play putter 2-3* flat but don’t see any retailers offering that. Anyone know?

Talked to Discount Dan’s and they said Cobra isn’t doing any customizations. Is it normal for an OEM not even to adjust lie angles? Probably going to be the tie breaker and nudge me to the Spider X I was neck and neck with. 

1 hour ago, philsRHman said:

Talked to Discount Dan’s and they said Cobra isn’t doing any customizations. Is it normal for an OEM not even to adjust lie angles? Probably going to be the tie breaker and nudge me to the Spider X I was neck and neck with. 

Nope you cant order it from anywhere with custom lie. Have to take it in after to get it bent. If you get fit for it, then obviously thats different.

11 hours ago, philsRHman said:

It is not costly to have a shop do it. $10 or less. I actually like the stability and feel off the face of the Agera a lot more than the Spyder line. My only concern with it is the SIK face, which definitely is a real bonus, dings a little easily. Have to keep it covered. 

I also wish the Cobra designs didn’t “show off” the 3D printing so much on the edges of the putter, but perhaps they’ll be a little more elegant looking in the next generation. I know they like to be bold but I am more of a “hide the tech” fan. That said, fhe Agera rolls it great, is very easy to aim and I was impressed with the feel of it. Have tried it a few times.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

7 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

It is not costly to have a shop do it. $10 or less. I actually like the stability and feel off the face of the Agera a lot more than the Spyder line. My only concern with it is the SIK face, which definitely is a real bonus, dings a little easily. Have to keep it covered. 

I also wish the Cobra designs didn’t “show off” the 3D printing so much on the edges of the putter, but perhaps they’ll be a little more elegant looking in the next generation. I know they like to be bold but I am more of a “hide the tech” fan. That said, fhe Agera rolls it great, is very easy to aim and I was impressed with the feel of it. Have tried it a few times.

Not worried about paying to have it bent, more concerned if there’s a reason Cobra doesn’t want to bend (fragile?). Looks like another shop nearby has the Agera, I’ll try to see it before making a decision. 

14 minutes ago, philsRHman said:

Not worried about paying to have it bent, more concerned if there’s a reason Cobra doesn’t want to bend (fragile?). Looks like another shop nearby has the Agera, I’ll try to see it before making a decision. 

Nah, no more fragile than any other putter. I had mine bent to 67* no issues. They just dipped their toes into the putter world, its not like ordering a scotty or something. Take it in for 10 bucks or get fitted for it. Some places will fit you and get your specs for free if you order through them.

Edited by Red4282