Fujikura MC Putter shafts

QuigleyDU

I haven't been on a SAM/Quintic monitor with any these shafts, but I tend to really like the stiffer and softer feel of the graphite shafts. I have the previous Fujikura aMC Putter shaft and it does reduce some vibration and soften the feel at impact on my Odyssey Protype #7. Some stock steel shafts have a very soft and flexible feel to them and I am not a fan of that.

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

1 minute ago, knudson81 said:

I haven't been on a SAM/Quintic monitor with any these shafts, but I tend to really like the stiffer and softer feel of the graphite shafts. I have the previous Fujikura aMC Putter shaft and it does reduce some vibration and soften the feel at impact on my Odyssey Protype #7. Some stock steel shafts have a very soft and flexible feel to them and I am not a fan of that.

Marshall and Austin are heading to get on a Quintic today

• Like 2

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

I think that a lot of the benefit of these types of shafts goes to people who are playing the heavier head styles. I know a lot of people here still prefer the 350 range, but I play all of my putters at 370+ and have noticed quite a difference with the Stability shafts I have tried. 

• Like 2

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

7 hours ago, RichieHunt said:

A few weeks ago David Orr (www.flatstickacademy.com) and I were discussing putters and putter shafts over the phone.  David's opinion is that  OEM's have 'neutered' the feel of putters making them heavier, softer and doing everything they can to take the rotation properties out of the putter.  And in David's expertise, many golfers need those putter rotation properties as lessening them is actually counterproductive.

For me personally, back in 2018 I gave the stepped shaft a try as that was not as heavy and felt a bit softer to me.  I then tried to go to the Stability Shaft as I bought into the stiffer/low torque concept and that turned out to be a disaster for me.  

I then got a TP Mills putter and the neck required a flair tip putter shaft and I didn't like that at all.  So I went back to my EVNROLL ER 1.2 that was modded with a welded flow neck and I used the stepped shaft and things got much better.

I wanted to get a putter that wasn't so soft with a lighter head around 330 grams and having a stepped shaft, so I had GoodWo.  od make me that putter and I've never looked back.  I have the Apollo stepped shaft which is slightly lighter and softer than the True Temper stepped shaft and it just works so much better for me.  I can feel the entire putter and feel like I have more awareness of the putter while still being able to easily release the head how I want to.

Part of the idea was from the Sacks Parente concept....light grip, light shaft.  They have their heads around 350-370 grams.  I thought back to the putters I putted best with in my life (8802, Ping B61 and an old custom Maxfli Tad Moore) and they all had fairly light grips, lighter shafts (compared to today's shafts) and light heads.  So I installed a Sacks Parente grip as well.  I also kept in mind two of the greatest putters of all time, Tiger and Brad Faxon, used lighter heads with lighter shafts and grips.  

This has really showed up in my putting regardless of the distance of putt, but my shorter putting has improved immensely.

So I like Fujikura's concept here with the shafts weight 115 grams which is on the lighter side of putter shafts, but not too light.  And the bend profiles offering a soft shaft.  I think people that use a conventional, reverse overlap grip are more like to need lighter and softer in terms of putters.

I guess it depends on the price point, but I certainly don't think heavier/stiffer/lower torque is always better.

RH

Amen !  1000 times yes.  

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

If gains relative to performance are minimal.  There has to be something to be said about sound and feel.  I have spent too much money on putters that felt great, but didn't do much to help get the ball in the hole.  I have a 15 year old Futra Phantom that has spent more time in the bag than out lately.  It looks sounds and feels hideous.  Can't put much lipstick on that pig,  but if i can maintain the confidence and improved putting with that eyesore and find a way to improve sound/feel.  I'm highly interested.  Definitely less of an investment than the 4 new putters I will buy chasing something that is not likely there.  

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

23 hours ago, knudson81 said:

Thanks for the invite!!!!!

Hah. Come out to CA! We'll get you over there, could be a fun bit of content. Very interesting results from their visit... The smooth was best for Marsh! Austin and Marsh can brief you next week on how it went. Marshall is going to build one up and game it. I think I will also. Been using it on the perfect practice mat in the office...smooth is the best word for it. It just smooths your whole stroke out...feels so nice.

4 hours ago, getair23 said:

If gains relative to performance are minimal.  There has to be something to be said about sound and feel.  I have spent too much money on putters that felt great, but didn't do much to help get the ball in the hole.  I have a 15 year old Futra Phantom that has spent more time in the bag than out lately.  It looks sounds and feels hideous.  Can't put much lipstick on that pig,  but if i can maintain the confidence and improved putting with that eyesore and find a way to improve sound/feel.  I'm highly interested.  Definitely less of an investment than the 4 new putters I will buy chasing something that is not likely there.  

It definitely improves/enhances sound and feel due to the rubber composite technology. Something the LAGP and steel do not have. The combo of RCT + MCT in a graphite shaft allows us to keep the walls thin to retain feel, while still being heavy enough and vibration dampening. Fuji started as a rubber company in Japan in 1901, pretty interesting history (https://www.fujikuracomposites.jp/en/company/history/) so we have experience with rubber compounds to say the least!

We know a $250 putter shaft is not for everyone, but this is a really cool lineup and unique story. We have more content and information to come about these that we will share with you guys ASAP. Based on what we have seen in testing so far, it's very cool and eye opening. 

• Like 3

<<Double post>>  Please delete

Edited by jokerusn
double post

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

On 4/22/2021 at 11:51 AM, Fujikura Golf said:

Here 

Correct. This is listed on the website also: https://fujikuragolf.com/irons/mc-putter

I have attached some photos of the opposite side of the shaft to show you the clean address view. 

MC-PUTTER_FIRM115_ura.jpg

MC-PUTTER_SMOOTH115_ura.jpg

MC-PUTTER_X-FIRM115_ura.jpg

Those do look really good but it would be nice to have the "MC" be the differentiating color instead of the lower half of the shaft.  I prefer a single color shaft on my putter so the 2 tone for the softer models is a bit of a turnoff.  I'll admit that these intrigue me.  I'm using the KBS CT Tour putter shaft now in a milled head and getting really good results with it but I could definitely benefit from some softer feel especially when I mishit one.

• Like 1

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

On 4/23/2021 at 3:23 PM, dlow206 said:

@Fujikura Golf - interested to see what the engineering team comes up with to accommodate at least over the stem installs. Even better would be to also accommodate single and double bends.  

yeah, us too! we're working on the stem adapter for slant necks and other alternatives, we'll keep you posted.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2021 at 8:49 AM, Fujikura Golf said:

correct in regards to the stroke types and MC putter models that would align with those. As these are a new product still, we will be continuing to get feedback from fitters and golfers and will do our best to share with you guys in hopes it clarifies these unique products and their benefits. I myself am still waiting to get one built up and will provide my feedback ASAP. We just got them in, they are designed and developed by our team in Japan, so we're excited to finally get these out to our dealers!

Yes, this is a bummer for sure and we're working with our Japan team on some solutions to work with a wider range of putters.

We know ours at $250 is also no bargain compared to steel, but these are quite unique products with some complex material layups (the metal and rubber composites) that drive the cost up. These are niche for sure! They give milled putters an incredibly nice, softer feel. And the 3 flexes give golfers an option to match their stroke. Honestly, don't count out the smooth and firm until you try it...it's a strange feeling at first, but there's something to it! With the original MC putter shafts introduced a few years ago, the softer flex outsold the firmer flex in Japan!

Thanks for the responses. If you are used to flexible putter shaft like the long step Ping Ansers, Wilson 8802s from the sixties and Titleist Tour Model putters would the smooth be the best fit in a Scotty Cameron Classic Newport with a 320 gram head?

Driver Callaway Epic Flash Star 10.5 with Hazrdus Black 75g 5.5

3 wood Titlesit 913F with Hazrdus Black 75g 5.5

5 wood Ttleist 913F with Hazrdus Black 75g 5.5

Ping G5 3 iron Aldila VS Proto 95

Irons 4-9 Ping S58 Project X 5.5

Pitching wedge Ping Gorge 47 Project X 5.5

Gap wedge Ping Tour S 52 Project X 5.5

Lob wedge Ping Glide 58 SS Project X 5.5

Putter Ping Pal 2F

2 hours ago, shart6 said:

Thanks for the responses. If you are used to flexible putter shaft like the long step Ping Ansers, Wilson 8802s from the sixties and Titleist Tour Model putters would the smooth be the best fit in a Scotty Cameron Classic Newport with a 320 gram head?

I don't have any direct experience with those, but it sounds like the answer is yes. Here are the CPM (flex/stiffness) numbers of the three models in addition to an average steel shaft to give you an idea as to where the smooth falls:

Smooth - 307 CPM
Firm - 454
X-Firm - 607

Steel is in the 425-450  range

Edited by Fujikura Golf
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 1:59 PM, Fujikura Golf said:

I don't have any direct experience with those, but it sounds like the answer is yes. Here are the CPM (flex/stiffness) numbers of the three models in addition to an average steel shaft to give you an idea as to where the smooth falls:

Smooth - 307 CPM
Firm - 454
X-Firm - 607

Steel is in the 425-450  range

Thank you, smooth is close to my Titleist Tour Model shaft.

• Like 1

Driver Callaway Epic Flash Star 10.5 with Hazrdus Black 75g 5.5

3 wood Titlesit 913F with Hazrdus Black 75g 5.5

5 wood Ttleist 913F with Hazrdus Black 75g 5.5

Ping G5 3 iron Aldila VS Proto 95

Irons 4-9 Ping S58 Project X 5.5

Pitching wedge Ping Gorge 47 Project X 5.5

Gap wedge Ping Tour S 52 Project X 5.5

Lob wedge Ping Glide 58 SS Project X 5.5

Putter Ping Pal 2F

On two different trips last week I rolled a Bettinardi BB8W with an MC X Firm shaft and liked it so much I bought it. That’s a beautiful putter first of all and even though it is the wide model I would say it is not quite as wide as the Odssey wide blades. I like the clean cavity in the Betti BB8W (350g, deep etch grip), the extra width of the blade does not look like an add-on. But the thing is, I thought I was done with blades and am moving to a mallet — but this putter with this shaft felt so awesome I grabbed it. It is the kind of offset plumber’s neck I putted with for years so hopefully no big adjustment. I was rolling it very accurately in testing. Feel off the face and through the shaft was pure. I don’t know what it is but the weight and balance of the build seems perfect. 

Regardless of the head, the MC X Firm shaft is amazing. If you’re a feel putter it’s a lot of fun. So many options now and it is all preference but having tried Stroke Lab, KBS, etc., I much prefer the Fuji MC. I also tried a buddy’s putter fitted with the Stability shaft. It was stable, felt like stiffer steel. The Fuji MC does not feel like steel, it feels more understated. Great feedback and it somehow is soft and stiff feeling at the same time. The shaft has its own feel, no doubt. I took it out to Laurel Hll’s practice green yesterday and had the speed down in no time. Felt like I did not have to hit putts as firmly to get them there. These shafts are worth checking out. The X Firm is not at all boardy, at least to me. 

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

On 4/23/2021 at 12:45 PM, Fujikura Golf said:

Hah. Come out to CA! We'll get you over there, could be a fun bit of content. Very interesting results from their visit... The smooth was best for Marsh! Austin and Marsh can brief you next week on how it went. Marshall is going to build one up and game it. I think I will also. Been using it on the perfect practice mat in the office...smooth is the best word for it. It just smooths your whole stroke out...feels so nice.

It definitely improves/enhances sound and feel due to the rubber composite technology. Something the LAGP and steel do not have. The combo of RCT + MCT in a graphite shaft allows us to keep the walls thin to retain feel, while still being heavy enough and vibration dampening. Fuji started as a rubber company in Japan in 1901, pretty interesting history (https://www.fujikuracomposites.jp/en/company/history/) so we have experience with rubber compounds to say the least!

We know a $250 putter shaft is not for everyone, but this is a really cool lineup and unique story. We have more content and information to come about these that we will share with you guys ASAP. Based on what we have seen in testing so far, it's very cool and eye opening. 

I want to throw this out there.  Please Get your research guys to look into a machined aluminum adapter that’s thin enough and light weight enough to adapt a graphite shaft to a .370 over hosel putter.  Half the market is untapped in my opinion.  You’re only servicing the plumbers neck camp.  Could sell the adapter separately in my opinion.    But I stress. Needs to be thin and lightweight.  

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

On 4/26/2021 at 1:13 PM, Fujikura Golf said:

yeah, us too! we're working on the stem adapter for slant necks and other alternatives, we'll keep you posted.

It can be done...pictured is my Piretti Forza flowneck mated to a  heavy , stiff tipped graphite putter shaft...

Extreme measures were used to do this....but if there is a will ...there is a way....not something the average DIY guy should even attempt...

20200919_080747.jpg

• Like 1

When will these be available? I just tore apart a putter yesterday to torch the head.

B80BFCE9-0912-4987-B219-5C366203A1C6.jpeg

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

17 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

On two different trips last week I rolled a Bettinardi BB8W with an MC X Firm shaft and liked it so much I bought it. That’s a beautiful putter first of all and even though it is the wide model I would say it is not quite as wide as the Odssey wide blades. I like the clean cavity in the Betti BB8W (350g, deep etch grip), the extra width of the blade does not look like an add-on. But the thing is, I thought I was done with blades and am moving to a mallet — but this putter with this shaft felt so awesome I grabbed it. It is the kind of offset plumber’s neck I putted with for years so hopefully no big adjustment. I was rolling it very accurately in testing. Feel off the face and through the shaft was pure. I don’t know what it is but the weight and balance of the build seems perfect. 

Regardless of the head, the MC X Firm shaft is amazing. If you’re a feel putter it’s a lot of fun. So many options now and it is all preference but having tried Stroke Lab, KBS, etc., I much prefer the Fuji MC. I also tried a buddy’s putter fitted with the Stability shaft. It was stable, felt like stiffer steel. The Fuji MC does not feel like steel, it feels more understated. Great feedback and it somehow is soft and stiff feeling at the same time. The shaft has its own feel, no doubt. I took it out to Laurel Hll’s practice green yesterday and had the speed down in no time. Felt like I did not have to hit putts as firmly to get them there. These shafts are worth checking out. The X Firm is not at all boardy, at least to me. 

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and that sounds like a sweet new putter setup! Best of luck with it

16 hours ago, bladehunter said:

I want to throw this out there.  Please Get your research guys to look into a machined aluminum adapter that’s thin enough and light weight enough to adapt a graphite shaft to a .370 over hosel putter.  Half the market is untapped in my opinion.  You’re only servicing the plumbers neck camp.  Could sell the adapter separately in my opinion.    But I stress. Needs to be thin and lightweight.  

We are diligently. I believe they may be finalized, just trying to get in stock in the US here.  Keep in mind we're a composite company so it would never be made of just aluminum :) We will update you guys on social media ASAP.

The shaft at .355 can be tip trimmed .75" to become .370 out of the gates keep in mind.

12 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

When will these be available? I just tore apart a putter yesterday to torch the head.

B80BFCE9-0912-4987-B219-5C366203A1C6.jpeg

They are available now through any of our dealers, we have in stock in Carlsbad.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and that sounds like a sweet new putter setup! Best of luck with it

We are diligently. I believe they may be finalized, just trying to get in stock in the US here.  Keep in mind we're a composite company so it would never be made of just aluminum 🙂 We will update you guys on social media ASAP.

The shaft at .355 can be tip trimmed .75" to become .370 out of the gates keep in mind.

They are available now through any of our dealers, we have in stock in Carlsbad.

Well, I will drive down to Carlsbad and say hi! haha. 

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

This shaft looks soooo amazing!

I am intrigued to try this out. It seems that the smooth flex has the best feeling, but if a soft shaft is paired up with a heavy head, wouldn't it make the shaft unstable? I have a sik pro c and the head is quite heavy (at 370g), and my putter is at 35.5 inch with a swing weight at E3.5 (which I believe is quite heavy)

I probably gonna go for the x-firm route, but still wanna give all flexes a try. Hope somebody could explain how this works!  

Cobra SZ 9*  Fujikura ventus black 6X

Mizuno ST190 3w Aldila 6S

Titleist 718 cb 3i Project X LZ 6.0

Mizuno Mizuno Pro 118 5i-PW NIPPON Modus 3 120 TX

Titleist Vokey SM5 50* DG S200

Callaway Mack Daddy 4 54/58 DG 115

Callaway PM Grind 64* KBS Hi-Rev 115

Sik Pro C 35.5"

Bridgestone Tour B X

Will wait for @knudson81 to update us Wednesday on these. Curious to hear what he has to say.. 

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

2 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

Will wait for @knudson81 to update us Wednesday on these. Curious to hear what he has to say.. 

I was on the putting green for a couple hours last week with all 3 shafts... I will type up some of my review in here after my podcast goes live Wed. morning!

• Like 2

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

Would be a nice looking complement to the mci shafts dropping into my Srixon’s next week

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Wonder how long before the graphite putter shaft tsunami starts? Now that a major/popular OEM is taking the stance more that graphite can improve/help feel... I think it opens up the product to many more people.

Not everyone wants/needs an ultra firm design. The data I've seen really never supported something like the Stability shaft and when I got fit for it, my numbers didn't improve. I'm intrigued more so on vibration dampening.

14 hours ago, Z1ggy16 said:

Wonder how long before the graphite putter shaft tsunami starts? Now that a major/popular OEM is taking the stance more that graphite can improve/help feel... I think it opens up the product to many more people.

Not everyone wants/needs an ultra firm design. The data I've seen really never supported something like the Stability shaft and when I got fit for it, my numbers didn't improve. I'm intrigued more so on vibration dampening.

I went for a putter fitting at TXG, fitter was explaining to me that the majority of new putter builds are going graphite/stabilizer route

3 hours ago, foamhead said:

I went for a putter fitting at TXG, fitter was explaining to me that the majority of new putter builds are going graphite/stabilizer route

At a place like TXG, club champion sure.. They can charge a ton to build you a putter with a graphite shaft. Stock, I doubt it at this point. 

BALL; Chrome Soft X