Anyone Have An Idea of What TM’s Driver Plans Are for 2022?

BCC1898

33 minutes ago, getair23 said:

I’m pretty sure I paid over $700 for an R7 TP with the full weight kit and a Speeder 757 a lot of sleeps ago. 

Sure. You want a speeder equivalent in this bad boy? You’ll be knocking on $1k. 

If this is under where they’re going with their prices. I’m hoping not. But things are crazy right now. Wouldn’t surprise me. I hope for their sake they’re going to keep the sim2 current. Cause I have a feeling they will not be selling a ton of drivers at $700. The market has too many good options for less for that to fly. 

Edited by radiman

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

9 hours ago, Gorham1 said:

The pricing of Drivers has gotten way out of line over the past few years.  The TM M4 sold for $399 and just a few years later the SIM2 Max sells for $529 (an increase of 32.5%).

The excuse given for the price increase now is Covid 19, while in reality the prices have been increasing at a rate of 10% per year over the past 3 to 4 years.  Any price increase exceeding 8% to 9% over last years pricing is price gouging.

I have bought a new driver every year for the past 20+ years.  If the pricing for the 2022 models exceed $599, then I am out.  I will be replacing my driver about every 3 years.

If you have bought a new driver every year for the past 20 years, you are a perfect reason they can just keep hiking prices

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, chouls19 said:

If it s the case that the major OEMs are hiking up prices again then they need boycotting. The innovation from the past 5 years certainly doesn’t warrant a jump in price. They can say Covid etc but that’s crap. They can barely deal with demand in a normal year anyway and the service from the manufacturers is poor with a couple of exceptions. 

The demand is ridiculous, so of course the price hike. Its supply and demand 101 and maximizes profit.

• Thanks 2

If the price goes up like that, I’ll stick with the brand new SIM2 I have sitting in the closet. 

You didn't plan to fail, you failed to plan!

SIM/9*/UST Elements Platinum
M5/15*/Kai'li 70s//M5/19*/Kai'li 70s
Titleist u500 3/Recoil Hybrid Proto 100 f4

SUB 70 649 MB Raw 4-PW/Recoil Proto 110 f4
Mizuno t20 Raw 51*/56*/61*/KBS Tour 120 s
Bastain Milled BM-009 Long Neck Proto

8 hours ago, Red4282 said:

If you have bought a new driver every year for the past 20 years, you are a perfect reason they can just keep hiking prices

You know, I wish people would only reply to a topic if they have some interesting information or pertinent facts.  You can't believe that me purchasing a driver in 1998 has anything to do with the supposed $170 price increase in 2022.

1 hour ago, Gorham1 said:

You know, I wish people would only reply to a topic if they have some interesting information or pertinent facts.  You can't believe that me purchasing a driver in 1998 has anything to do with the supposed $170 price increase in 2022.

It’s the fact that you consistently bought new drivers every year since 1998. Clearly you bought new regardless of the previous price increases, so if you’re taylormade why not jack it up again

10 hours ago, Red4282 said:

The demand is ridiculous, so of course the price hike. Its supply and demand 101 and maximizes profit.

If we're talking $800 mentioned in this thread(guessing USD) I think they'll see demand isn't THAT high. 

Covid brought in a lot of new golfers true but for the most part most places opened up this year, some will stick around, some will go back to doing other things, sort of like a gym membership, see a lot of new faces in Jan and then a drop off. Club prices go up and green fees go up too much, people will go do other things... 

Edited by Str8Putt

1 minute ago, Str8Putt said:

If we're talking $800USD I think they'll see demand isn't THAT high. 

Covid brought in a lot of new golfers true but for the most part most places opened up this year, some will stick around, some will go back to doing other things, sort of like a gym membership, see a lot of new faces in Jan and then a drop off. Club prices go up and green fees go up too much, people will go do other things... 

I bought my driver 3 years ago. I retrofitted it last year. The problem for me isn’t the cost as much as the value. If the price was a good display of its value then resale would be high. It is when you buy a super high priced driver and then are told it isn’t good enough. You pay for crazy expensive high end shafts and they tell you need pure them. 
If clubs were really worth their price, there shouldn’t be as many issues with tolerances being off. People in the business have no problem charging a lot of money. I just think there will be a shift in who is willing to pay what, after a certain point. 

1 hour ago, toddyc said:

It’s the fact that you consistently bought new drivers every year since 1998. Clearly you bought new regardless of the previous price increases, so if you’re taylormade why not jack it up again

I am 66 years old.  The vast majority of those years saw NO price increases.  It was thought for a long time that there were certain price points that buyers would not exceed.  One of those price points was $299.  It wasn't until the M1/M2 that the price hikes became significant.

I have a Masters Degree in Finance so I understand supply/demand and inflation.  According to the information put out by the U.S. government, the inflation for 2021 is around 6% (the highest in many years).  Based on this, an increase of approx. $35 would be expected for the new driver.  TM is increasing the product by $170 or 32%.  This has nothing to do with my past purchasing practices.  Please get your facts straight.

16 hours ago, s515_15 said:

I'm predicting $50-$100 increases next season is my guess. It used to cost maybe 2-3k to send a shipping container across from China. Now it costs $20k.

How many clubs you think fit in 1 container?  I worked for a guy back in college who would import push carts, and you can fit a lot of them but I didn't deal much with clubs just trying to gauge idea of per unit price increase.

Epic Speed LS 🔷🔷🔷 9* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX 
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* Matrix Ozik 8M2 X Flex
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 KBS 105X
T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Nike VR Pro Combo Pocket Cavity 5 Iron, 6-9 Blades Oban 125X
RTX Zip Core 46 Oban 125X

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X
Champions Choice Newport Plus MMT 135

i'm hearing they've decided to name it "Stranded"  because there's a helluva good chance it'll be "stuck on a boat" for a while.

Edited by nitram
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

2 hours ago, Gorham1 said:

Well im trying to tell you… you said you wont buy one this year. If alot of people do the same, guess what prices will stabilize or come back down. Its just business.

1 hour ago, Str8Putt said:

If we're talking $800 mentioned in this thread(guessing USD) I think they'll see demand isn't THAT high. 

All the backorders… months on months we hear from companies. One way to solve that is price hike. Sure sales will come down, but the price hike more than makes up for it. Everything is hyperinflated now, Just the world we are living in. If it bothers you pick up a nice second hand driver and laugh at everyone else.

45 minutes ago, Gorham1 said:

I am 66 years old.  The vast majority of those years saw NO price increases.  It was thought for a long time that there were certain price points that buyers would not exceed.  One of those price points was $299.  It wasn't until the M1/M2 that the price hikes became significant.

I have a Masters Degree in Finance so I understand supply/demand and inflation.  According to the information put out by the U.S. government, the inflation for 2021 is around 6% (the highest in many years).  Based on this, an increase of approx. $35 would be expected for the new driver.  TM is increasing the product by $170 or 32%.  This has nothing to do with my past purchasing practices.  Please get your facts straight.

First it hasnt been confirmed,(the price hike) well at least other than these forums. Second we dont know the whole story. Maybe there is something in the driver (material or process) that warrants it. Also the  used market is better than ever because of this. True story. In 2008 i bought a like new set of cally xforged irons for $650 on callaway preowned. In 2020 i bought a set of like new titleist 620cb on the same site for $525.  

I also wouldnt be suprised to see taylormade with tiered  releases kind of like callaway with the epic/bb21. More and more companies moving to this model.

1 hour ago, 4TheKing614 said:

I bought my driver 3 years ago. I retrofitted it last year. The problem for me isn’t the cost as much as the value. If the price was a good display of its value then resale would be high. It is when you buy a super high priced driver and then are told it isn’t good enough. You pay for crazy expensive high end shafts and they tell you need pure them. 
If clubs were really worth their price, there shouldn’t be as many issues with tolerances being off. People in the business have no problem charging a lot of money. I just think there will be a shift in who is willing to pay what, after a certain point. 

I just don't see too many people buying a stock $800 driver.  

I know there are some people that money is no object or they'll upgrade to a higher price shaft but I don't see this new crowd of golfers spending what a set of irons cost on a driver

As many broken TM drivers I've seen here and other places... I'd be reluctant to spend that kind of money on one

26 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

All the backorders… months on months we hear from companies. One way to solve that is price hike. Sure sales will come down, but the price hike more than makes up for it. Everything is hyperinflated now, Just the world we are living in. If it bothers you pick up a nice second hand driver and laugh at everyone else.

Doesn't bother me because I'd never pay that much for a driver regardless.

I understand the idea of marking items up real high to slow demand and it's done also to try and keep people from buying up all the stock and then reselling to take advantage of other people when times are tough.

Thing is all the OEM will have to match that price or people will switch brands. I remember when you used to could buy TaylorMade clubs at Walmart and how everyone. All it'll take is for a few popular YouTubers to back some other brand and talk down the other. 

I'm still in the golf demand will go down soon. People are able to get out, it can be pricey to enjoy and the cost of more important things are going up in pricey. 

8 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

If OEMs go $700 for a bone stock driver. I hope no one buys it. That’s crazy. 

the sad thing is we will hear over and over it is supply issues so they need to increase prices. 

well, when supply issues get fixed, will the price go down? No, whatever the price is will be the new norm. 

I know the $800 got thrown out here early but I doubt that will be the price.

I'm thinking maybe $600 will be the price. 

There's no new tech only new words that's going make a stock driver worth $800  

12 hours ago, Red4282 said:

2 hours ago, toddyc said:

59 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

Well im trying to tell you… you said you wont buy one this year. If alot of people do the same, guess what prices will stabilize or come back down. Its just business.

Perhaps TM should go back to the different price points for different models like the old R series versus the Burner.  This may make sense.

2 hours ago, Gorham1 said:

Please don’t be condescending. I don’t care about your masters degree. I didn’t state any facts besides the fact you purchased clubs regardless of price increases which is obviously accurate. 

28 minutes ago, toddyc said:

Please don’t be condescending. I don’t care about your masters degree. I didn’t state any facts besides the fact you purchased clubs regardless of price increases which is obviously accurate. 

Not being condescending.  I only mentioned my background to state that I have the knowledge and experience that most of you do not have.  I don't need you responding to my post acting like I blindly purchased TM equipment regardless of the price. You couldn't be more wrong.,  Unless you have something constructive to add this this forum, just let it drop.

1 hour ago, QuigleyDU said:

If OEMs go $700 for a bone stock driver. I hope no one buys it. That’s crazy. 

the sad thing is we will hear over and over it is supply issues so they need to increase prices. 

well, when supply issues get fixed, will the price go down? No, whatever the price is will be the new norm. 

When demand goes down, the price will come down. If it keeps selling, the pricing will continue

1 hour ago, cburrows33 said:

All black driver again with a new name and new face…..

I'd love an all black SIM/SIM2 look. They look great at address and would look even better in black.  I'm just not willing to pay the MySim upcharge to get all black.  A reasonable price increase in the next driver, I fully expect, but I'll approach it like I have every release.  Weigh the yardage/dispersion gains against my cost out of pocket after I sell whatever I decide to sell out of my current selection.  If I don't flinch at the $ per yardage gained.  I'm good.  If I do flinch, I wait for the next release or score a used one within the year at a more acceptable price if I really want it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TaylorMade Golf said:

Guys, guys, ...relax. I think someone has poor information or more likely no information so is just making it up.

Hurry up and release the goods before there is an all out riot!  If this turns into the purge it's all your fault! 🤣

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic