2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

New Mizuno MPs just announced! Mizuno Pro 221/223/225

Joey09

2 minutes ago, thectrain said:

My miss is hitting it thin. 

I'm loving the 225s. It feels like a bad shot, but not painful in anyway.  Its very forgiving on thins as well. Except for the sound other people would barely be able to tell I thinned a shot. 

Its so sweet. I have hit so many good iron shots since I got them.

seriously that is so great to hear, i cant wait to try them out and im sure i will be buying them asap. Thin is just the worst feeling ever, im so sick of that with my srixons. Thin still equals forgiving and they look awesome equals sign me up. Keep us posted and thanks for the info

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

On 4/26/2022 at 5:54 PM, ob1soccer said:

is it reasonable to compare the zx5 to the 225 and the zx7 to the 223?

ZX5 and 225 were my top two best hitting irons during my fitting. So, I would kinda say yes.

• Like 1

Rogue ST Max 9* (IZ-6 SR)

TSi2 @ 16.5* (Ventus Red 6R, -2g)

TSi2 @ 21* (Motore X F3 7S, -2g, tip'd .5")

818 H1 @ 24* (Diamana S+ 82S, tip'd 1.5")

Pro 223 5-GW (Modus3 115 - S) 

RTX6 54/10, RTX6 59/7 (Modus 115 Wedge - S, 1* flat) 

Queen B6- '24 BX

3 hours ago, ob1soccer said:

u feel like the Px io and the Modus 115 perform the same? I have Modus 105 but looking for a little more weight. So include the Px Lz and those 3 shafts i need to compare. Cant wait to try out the 223/225

Yes… the balance of the 115 makes it feel a little lighter than it is…. Actually the PX IO feel heavier to swing 

C-Taper lite 110s is another great one. 

Edited by T_Golf_23

1 minute ago, T_Golf_23 said:

Yes… the balance of the 115 makes it feel a little lighter than it is…. Actually the PX IO feel heavier to swing 

have u tried the PX lz?

2 hours ago, ob1soccer said:

have u tried the PX lz?

Yes- I was actually fitted into them, the 6.0. But didn’t like the feel. 

the IO were a little smoother. The Modus 115 is so smooth. It unbelievably stable. Its like everything you can ask for. C-taper lite gives me the same sense of feel as the modus. A little lower launching though. 

Finally decided to cancel my order with Mizuno as although they gave me a date towards end of July, it’s the second time it’s changed and I don’t expect to see them this year with the $ tapers.

I’ve been able to find a club builder who can get KBS tour v 120X and build them up for me, so should get them a lot sooner! Will cost me a little more though with it not being a standard Mizuno option. Getting on well with my current tour v’s so comfortable they’ll be good in the 221s and 223s 

Taylormade Qi10 9* Accra TZ Five 50 M5

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* Accra TZ Six 70 M5

Ping G430 19* Hybrid Ventus HB Blue 9X Tipped 0.5"/Srixon ZU85 2 iron Ventus HB Blue 10X

Cobra King CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 120

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50/12F, 54/12D & 58/12D KBS 610 wedge 120

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5 w Stability Tour/Bettinardi 2022 BB1 Spring Classic Limited Edition w Stability Tour M Edition

Current Handicap Index: -0.6

8 hours ago, T_Golf_23 said:

Agreed.  I switched from Modus 105 to 115.  SS is the same if not higher.  It feels lighter but more controlled.  Very happy with the switch and the 223s.

• Like 1

223’s came in yesterday and got a chance to take them out for league play last night. Two weeks out from an appendectomy, I assumed it didn’t matter much which irons I played. Definitely had to club up from my apex pro 2021, but I’m going to chalk that up to fear of swinging hard after the surgery. Can confirm that they flew way straighter than the apex pro, and they felt way softer. I had the same DG S300 for both clubs, but the heads on the 223 feel way lighter than the apex. I couldn’t believe how straight the ball flight was though. Couple of greens stuck from 150-170 out that are really tough on that course if you don’t hit the right spot. Will test the distances side by side between the apex pro and 223 once I’m a couple more weeks out from surgery and send and update. 

Had an order in for a stock 46º wedge, was supposed to ship in 5-7 days. Called at day 10 and was told that it wasn't actually stock and had been moved to the custom order department - delivery would be 8 weeks. I asked if there was a 47º or 48º  that I could bend and was told that the lowest lofted wedge they had in stock was a 52º. Fun times...

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

I've had my 225s for about 3 weeks now and absolutely love them. I'm coming from a split set of MP-18 SC and MMC. The 225s are significantly more forgiving on mishits. They are stronger lofted, but I don't feel like the distance jump is crazy. I have no problem being able to stop them on the greens, I think they spin less than my old irons, but no too much less. For me, the 225s have been pretty much point and shoot. I'm generally not someone who looks to draw or fade the ball unless absolutely necessary, but on the range I haven't had any issues working the ball either direction. Took a long time to get them, but I'm glad I waited and stuck with them. 

• Like 3

On 4/29/2022 at 8:34 AM, Ggose said:

223’s came in yesterday and got a chance to take them out for league play last night. Two weeks out from an appendectomy, I assumed it didn’t matter much which irons I played. Definitely had to club up from my apex pro 2021, but I’m going to chalk that up to fear of swinging hard after the surgery. Can confirm that they flew way straighter than the apex pro, and they felt way softer. I had the same DG S300 for both clubs, but the heads on the 223 feel way lighter than the apex. I couldn’t believe how straight the ball flight was though. Couple of greens stuck from 150-170 out that are really tough on that course if you don’t hit the right spot. Will test the distances side by side between the apex pro and 223 once I’m a couple more weeks out from surgery and send and update. 

I play the X-Forged CB, and have a little trouble with a left hook (i have checked the lie angle). The 223 fly a lot straighter. Big reason maybe the modus 115 shaft in the 223 vs the PX IO in XFCB. 

i think a big reason is the way the offset in the XFCB is designed. Its actually a slightly less offset iron, but it more obvious in appearance…. In priced this with a Number do callaway irons….. it causes me to want to close the toe. 

I don’t mind offset, but it needs to blend into head and be more subtle in appearance.

callaway heads do tend to run on the heavier side. I am very swing weight sensitive. When I first got my XFCB irons, we had some SW challenges  where they were running between D6 and E0. I was at club champion one day as we played around SW the callaway heads to compare to others. They run heavy 

Fortunately the XFCB has a head weight kit….. along with a few other tricks, we got it dialed in progressively from D1.5 to D4.

Edited by T_Golf_23

My 223’s finally arrived yesterday. Swing weight and length are spot on. I’m really loving my ZX7’s so it will be interesting to see if these can beat them. I really think it will come down to the sole design. 

I do prefer the 223 at address as the top line isn’t as square and thick.

4C4B5FF0-9DA6-4BA4-8A74-AB3E7BA8AC69.jpeg

5984B3F2-FBA7-4B0A-AA34-4DCA6495D182.jpeg

FD502B4D-6BD9-43DC-AEB6-871E7280C84D.jpeg

49E42AE1-7730-47A7-93FF-9DC711D7DA09.jpeg

• Like 2

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

3 hours ago, JStang said:

My 223’s finally arrived yesterday. Swing weight and length are spot on. I’m really loving my ZX7’s so it will be interesting to see if these can beat them. I really think it will come down to the sole design. 

I do prefer the 223 at address as the top line isn’t as square and thick.

4C4B5FF0-9DA6-4BA4-8A74-AB3E7BA8AC69.jpeg

5984B3F2-FBA7-4B0A-AA34-4DCA6495D182.jpeg

FD502B4D-6BD9-43DC-AEB6-871E7280C84D.jpeg

49E42AE1-7730-47A7-93FF-9DC711D7DA09.jpeg

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

those look awesome, best of luck, cant wait to get mine

20 hours ago, Mmessina said:

Anyone have any updates on getting their 225s?  I ordered mine 3/19 through a local fitter and was looking for an update. Don’t want to keep bothering him.  Pretty standard specs. 

I bet you will have them in a week or 2. Trust me they are worth the wait! 

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

20 hours ago, Mmessina said:

Anyone have any updates on getting their 225s?  I ordered mine 3/19 through a local fitter and was looking for an update. Don’t want to keep bothering him.  Pretty standard specs. 

Good luck, you should be close! 

If you can get the order number from your fitter you can also bug Mizuno directly at 1-800-966-1211.  My local shop was happy to share the order number so I could bypass them and call Mizuno.  My order (225's 4 to GW) was received on 3/30 and was told last week I'm looking at 3rd week of May.

I have a 'loaner' set of 225's and love them, can't wait to get my specs. 

My 225's arrived today. Stock PX LZ 5.0 but hard stepped once. Also ordered the craft V1 putter (so maybe that delayed things?)

Ordered Feb 28 arrived May 5. I was quoted 8 weeks when I ordered so in the 'covid' world, it is well within delivery time, IMO.

Picking them up tomorrow and will check LL and SW. TV 360 so grips won't be an issue. 

10.5* Ping G430 Max, MCA Diamana BF 60g 

18* 5W Stealth 2+ Ti, MCA Kail'li red 70g

21* 7W Ping G430 Max, Oban Revenge 85g
22* & 26* HY Ping G430, MCA 80g Kai'li white

6-GW Mizuno JPX 923 HM, PX LZ 
54*S & 58*T Ping Glide 4.0, DG 120 
L.A.B. DF3, Accra X, Press Pistol 2 OR Ping Anser 2 Milled OR Mizuno M-Craft VI (Lamkin Deep Etch) 

Pro V1 or Z Star. GP TV 360 std. Titleist Players glove

Ping Hoofer Lite OR Ping Pioneer with Clicgear 3.5+

Hi all,

Does anyone have a blended set of 221/223 combo in the bag that can post some pics of how they look blended? I get the sense the 221 is shiny and the 223 is more matte in the finish (probably my OCD) but I wouldnt love that in the bag. I would however, love to be able to do 4,5,6 223, 7,8,9,P (221). Anyone got a similar setup or a blend of these two irons that has pics / and can speak to how they blended them ito gapping etc.

Srixon ZX5 LS Driver, Project X Hzrdus Black, 70g 6.5

Cobra Fly Z Fairway, UST Elements Fire, 7F5 

Cobra Fly Z Hybrid, Aldila Tour Blue ATX85H 2.3-X

Srixon ZX7 MKII 4-PW, True Temper X100

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Biomech Acculock Ace / Ping B90 Broomstick

On 4/28/2022 at 3:28 PM, T_Golf_23 said:

Yes- I was actually fitted into them, the 6.0. But didn’t like the feel. 

the IO were a little smoother. The Modus 115 is so smooth. It unbelievably stable. Its like everything you can ask for. C-taper lite gives me the same sense of feel as the modus. A little lower launching though. 

I was fit into the LZ 6.0 and liked the feel better than both the IO and Modus. It all is really subjective to each persons swing profile. Hopefully they feel as good outside on the course. 

1 minute ago, N8dogg2669 said:

223's 5-PW Project X IO 6.0 was just told last night they are now looking at the first week in June. Who knows at this point. I'm starting to not care if they show up or not. Shot an even par 36 yesterday subbing in my buddies league. I ordered these the first week in February also. 

I am about to that point too. 17weeks deep

3 minutes ago, Looper34 said:

Ordered a set of 225s (4-PW) from CC on 2/15 so I'm approaching 12 weeks. My "order status" changed and is showing that they are currently being built. I was told that they will be delivered by 5/17. Looking forward to getting them.

I called mizuno first thing this morning, rep said they shipped them to CC on April 18th.

Called CC and they claimed they're still waiting to receive them. So either it's taking three weeks to somehow receive the clubs or a computer isn't updating my order.  I ordered 2/2 225 4-GW DG 120. 

8 minutes ago, machuSB said:

I called mizuno first thing this morning, rep said they shipped them to CC on April 18th.

Called CC and they claimed they're still waiting to receive them. So either it's taking three weeks to somehow receive the clubs or a computer isn't updating my order.  I ordered 2/2 225 4-GW DG 120. 

Three weeks seems long, but I do know there were some talking in here earlier about how CC was so backlogged on their end that it was taking multiple weeks to get the "processed" on CC's end to then enter the CC build queue (which was then another week or so). 

13 hours ago, ewaldbeukes said:

Hi all,

Does anyone have a blended set of 221/223 combo in the bag that can post some pics of how they look blended? I get the sense the 221 is shiny and the 223 is more matte in the finish (probably my OCD) but I wouldnt love that in the bag. I would however, love to be able to do 4,5,6 223, 7,8,9,P (221). Anyone got a similar setup or a blend of these two irons that has pics / and can speak to how they blended them ito gapping etc.

I saw all three today in person (indoors) and i couldnt tell a huge difference from the finish to be honest.

• Like 1