Done chasing new drivers

Warrick

20 hours ago, boggyman said:

Just came across a ‘17 m2 12* head paired with a Tour AD Di6 shaft myself. Couldn’t pass it up. Been struggling with my LTDx LS lately. I’ve got a couple TM tipped shafts stashed as well so hope I’m in business for a while. 

'17 m2 is the one I always come back to ...

Edited by tboh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiptx1122 said:

I done at least for the year after my 5th driver of the year I settled on the Callaway Rogue MAX D with GD AD HD5 shafts. Can't say it super long but it is long enough but Wow! is it ever a fairway finder for me. It's so nice to either be in the middle or the left side of the fairway around 70% of the time. Helps with my GIR stat's 

I went with the rogue D also paired with smoke blue.. and im longer then my last years speed driver..it hits Baby draws all day long.. spinning around 2400 for me and rolling out quite nice also

Sand traps suck

On 7/29/2022 at 10:32 AM, Warrick said:

I have been trying to replace driver for 6/7 years, thought I finally had it with TSi3, was hitting it well, but dispersion seemed off. I put my 2015/16 GBB back in, hitting straighter and longer than ever.

I am done chasing 

Have you tried the goat, the G Max 400???

Bag is in overhaul mode

Clubs identify as hacker set

Thought I was done chasing for a while at least with my Mavrik SZ. That’s been a perfect driver for me - not bc my swing speed requires it but bc I just generated too much driver spin. Now that I’ve figured out how to minimize that through my swing I think I need a new setup. Or I just want one. 

Edited by soul_daddy
  • Haha 1

Mavrik SZ 9*, 15*

Apex 3H, 4H

JPX-900

Vokey SM9 54*, 58*

Inovai 6.0

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2022 at 4:29 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

I have a short "Chasing a Driver" story.  I literally chased a driver once.  A couple years ago UPS had an online feature, not unlike Uber, with a map showing where your package was as it was riding around town in the UPS brown truck.

I had ordered a new driver and couldn't wait to get it in my hands.  My UPS truck usually arrives around 3PM.  I couldn't wait.  Wanted to try it out on the range... right now.  So at 9AM I located the truck on the map across town and went out in search of it, tracking its movement on my cell phone.  Finally caught up with it at a stop and politely asked the driver if he could release my driver to me.  Telling him it would save him from having to walk up my steep front lawn later. 

What a guy!  He had to dig through a deep pile of packages to find it.  I profusely apologized for inconveniencing him.

Then we realized we both knew each other!  It was Andrew, my former favorite bartender at one of my favorite local watering holes.

Knowing me and being a golfer himself, I think he understood my urgency.

Now, every time he delivers a package to the house I offer to concoct a gin & tonic for him on my side patio, with me in the bartender role.

Being on the clock he always declines.

Long story long, that (golf) driver lasted 2 days and is now somewhere deep in my upstairs closet.  And, because of people like me, I'm sure, UPS got rid of that particular online service.

Nobody has chased a driver since I wrote this over two weeks ago?!  You folks gotta be chasing something...

• Haha 2

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

I just tryed... rogue st ls td, sim2 maxd, mavrik, nike covert red from like 2013.

The rogue st ls td is going bye bye. The mavrik the sim2d and the 2013 nike are all great and go distances i like with nice feel and sound. The rogue feels great but not as forgiving. Not everything new is perfect sometimes the old trustys are best. Thats why tiger uses basically 1 putter all his life.

I understand where you are coming from.  I've been trying to buy something to kick my 2016M2 out of the bag.  They have been expensive trials and still gaming the M2.  Do have a Stealth and TSI3 I'm messing with right now but do not think they will get the job done.  I have read that several people have moved on from the 2016M2 to the Rogue Max LS so maybe I'll give that a try.

The 2016M2 is just soo good and I have it paired with a Fuji Evo 661 Tour Spec.

On 7/30/2022 at 7:28 AM, Red4282 said:

Sometimes it just comes down to looks, feel, timing and oh, your swing. I have raved about my ltdx ls all year and then had a bad day with it last week. everything was going right on me. It was just my swing that day.

The swing is the biggest thing for me. I'm very happy with my SIM MAX D when I have a good swing. When I have a bad swing I think of trying other drivers. It doesn't help that my 3 wood can be hot and get out there as far as a driver sometimes.

D-Taylormade SIM MAX D Diamana PD 50r

3w- Honma TW-XP1 

17° Adams XTD Ti super hybrid

4h-5h- Tour Edge Exotics ex9

6-AW- Cleveland Launcher XL Nippon Zelos 7

56°- Cleveland CBX Zipcore

60°- Lazrus

P- Odyssey eleven tour lined stroke lab shaft

I'm pretty done with my Stealth at this point.  0 confidence in being able to put the ball in play with it.  Is it long?  Absolutely, but boy I have no faith in hitting a fairway with it.  

Going to be looking for a Cobra or going back to a G425...

• Like 1
TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

I had a 915 D3 with a Tour AD MJ 6x. Used to lace it, miss was a slight draw. I slightly drew one one time on a dogleg right. As I was looking at it I gave the ground a pat and the shaft snapped on an elongated tee box. I would still be playing that slight left miss.

I bought a Bridgestone driver with a Speeder II 661x and played a round with it. Shot 75. Never used it again. It wasn't a bad driver.

Found a G400 with another Tour AD, this time the IZ6x. Haven't looked back. Miss with this one is a slight pull fade. I miss the thing down the middle. My ball speed is 175-180. So, I can miss it down the middle all day long and not break a sweat. I don't hit it as long as the 915. It's not as nice to look at as the 915. I am sure there are better clubs out there, but I won't start looking until it gives out on me or someone hits a drive past me.

1 hour ago, ShortGolfer said:

J_Tizzle have you tried choking down on your Stealth driver and perhaps adding lead tape?  Most stock drivers are too long because that makes them look great on TrackMan!

Most of the pros are using shorter drivers than amateurs use.

Yeah I've got it at 45" and D4, its how my guy fit me in it.  But at this point I think I'm going to play with putting a different shaft in it and see if it helps (I really don't want to cut down my Speeder NX given its cost).  

I did make the mistake of saying I wanted the longest driver possible and that I'd figure it out how to hit it straight...

Edited by J_Tizzle
  • Like 2
TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

I've used my 0211 all year and i've still bought like 2 other drivers. It's not about chasing , it just needs company

• Like 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

2 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

I've used my 0211 all year and i've still bought like 2 other drivers. It's not about chasing , it just needs company

That's why you don't sell older drivers, they can keep the main stick company.  As well as provide a negative reinforcement example of what can happen if they don't behave.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

3 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

That's why you don't sell older drivers, they can keep the main stick company.  As well as provide a negative reinforcement example of what can happen if they don't behave.

\This was my mistake, I sold my SIM2 and my G425 when I got the Stealth so I was forced to play with it and not go back to more comfortable things...  We all learn, just at a different pace.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/29/2022 at 11:32 AM, Warrick said:

I have been trying to replace driver for 6/7 years, thought I finally had it with TSi3, was hitting it well, but dispersion seemed off. I put my 2015/16 GBB back in, hitting straighter and longer than ever.

I am done chasing 

Have you renounced your WRX membership and jumped to the LIV-RX?

• Haha 2

I've seen so much talk about the G400 max on here recently that i had to get my hands on one. Not even really unhappy with my current setup, but i have to see what the hype is about

Lefty

Mavrik - Rogue White 60TX

TS2 15* - Tensei White 75X

ZU85 3UDI - Tensei Blue 85TX

Z785 4-PW - X100

MD5 10S 52* 

MD3  12S 56*

Jaws Raw 60* 12X

Phantom 5.5

On 7/29/2022 at 2:34 PM, Mizunoid said:

Gear doesn't make a golfer, whoda thunk it!

Any club from the last 10 years is going to give you the same thing i think. Especially true where blades are concerned. If you have say a set of Mizuno blades from 2005 there's literally no point getting the latest ones, they're exactly the same.

Who invited this guy to the party? Ebay, forums, facebook marketplace, classifieds, youtube swing videos, keep chasing!   

Callaway Rouge LS

CobraLTDx 3 wood

Ping 425 4 hybrid

Ping iCrossover 18*

Mizuno 923 Forged 5-pw

SM9 50/56/60

Ping Kushin4