Famous People you ran into during a round of Golf...

Comments

• sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,700 ✭✭
    Helen Keller, but she didn't see me. image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
  • ThinkingPlusThinkingPlus South TexasClubWRX Posts: 1,545 ClubWRX

Helen Keller, but she didn't see me. image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />

She didn't hear you either, but she did sign your scorecard.
    Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
    3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
    Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
    Irons: Maltby TS-1 5i-GW w/KBS Tour R-flex
    Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM7 54/08 M Grind w/KBS Tour R-Flex
    Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM6 58/04 L Grind w/TT Wedge Flex
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
    Ball: Titleist AVX in yellow
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,671 ClubWRX

Well if she didn’t see it or hear it, can you post it!?
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • Need4spdNeed4spd Members Posts: 1,531 ✭✭
    Hit balls next to Marcus Allen a couple weeks ago here in Phoenix. That’s about it as fast as I can recall.
    In the Hoofer

TaylorMade M4 9.5° Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 60TX
    TaylorMade M2 15° Aldila ROGUE Silver 110 M.S.I. 70X
    TaylorMade RSi TP UDI #2 KBS TOUR Hybrid Prototype 95X
    Srixon Z965 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50.08F, 54.10S, 60.12D Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Futura 6M 
    Titleist ProV1X 
  • Hit em goodHit em good Hit em good Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭
    I worked at private club in San Antonio in the early 90's, while in college. The Spurs had a corporate membership. George Gervin, the Ice Man, played almost every day. He was always looking for a game, so I played with him several times. He was always super nice, and just an enjoyable guy to play golf with. He was a decent stick, probably a 5 capper, so we would always play skins, one dollar per hole, just to make it a game.

I ran into George Strait there one day also, but didn't play with him. Just gave him a ride from his Ford Explorer, to the pro shop. He was super nice too. Signed autographs for anyone who asked.

Hit em good
    Driver: 07 Burner TP
    4 wood: Ping G25
    7 wood: Ping G25
    23° hybrd:  Ping G25
    5i - pw: Mizuno MP64
    Wedges 50° / 54° / 58°: Cleveland Rotex 2.0 (2 dot , 3 dot , 2 dot)
    Putter: Ping Redwood Anser
    Ball: Titleist Pro v1x / Pro v1
    Bag: Titlest Stand Bag / 4 way top
  • llewol007llewol007 4KidsGolfer ClubWRX Posts: 3,357 ClubWRX
    Ran into President Clinton playing the 18th at Harding Park San Francisco. My buddy and I were making the turn and we saw some guys in suits watching a group and we looked and sure enough it was him. Pretty cool.
    Cobra F8 9* Aldila Rogue 60 3.0 X Stiff
    Cobra LTD 14.5 Degree Aldila Rogue 70 3.3 X Stiff
    Cobra LTD 17.5 Degree Aldila Rogue 70 3.6 X Stiff
    Cobra MB/CB 4-PW DG AMT S300 Black HHx1
    Cobra MB 50/54/60 DG AMT S300 Black HHx1
    Taylor Made Ghost Long Hosel DA22
    Vice Pro +
  • mcasella08mcasella08 Members Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Michael Jordan at Sandpiper in Santa Barbara.
  • norge5norge5 Members Posts: 1,492 ✭✭
    hennesy wrote:

Ran into Craig Morton, the old Broncos quarterback in Mesquite. Was cool for me as I am from Colorado. I actually named my First pet Morton (a hamster) because of him
    I hope you didn't tell him you named a hamster after him. Please tell me you didn't.
  • ponti33602ponti33602 Members Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Met Boston (Band) Sib Habashian playing a round on a course back in MA about ten years back. He past away fairly young (67) in 2017.

IisWh1F.jpg
    Ping ISI BeNi 3-LW
    Ping Zing 3-SW
    Ping Pal 4 BeCu (3)
    Ping Scottsdale Anser BeNi **Sold**
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    Machine M10 Adjuster CU
    MannKrafted MA/66 SS **Sold**
  • Pat du GolfPat du Golf Members Posts: 553 ✭✭
    Played with OJ in FL before the last incident...... signed my hat and we took a picture on the 18 th green

Mizuno MP 37 3i-pw
    Mizuno MP 64 3i -pw
    Ping G25
    Scotty Newport
    Cleveland wedges
    Prov1x
  • ode1ode1 Members Posts: 2,839 ✭✭
    I played thru Jordy Nelson at a course when he was with GB. Was raining a d he and playing partner parked under an overhang. Stopped raining and he his partner eventually caught up and played thru my group. Golfs lefty!

Brian Anderson (sports commentator, Brewers, BTN, does some March Madness, NBA playoff games, and I believe some early round US Open covg for fox) teed off before my group at The River.
  • MikeskiMikeski ClubWRX Posts: 300 ✭✭

Cleverly funny!
  • ThinkingPlusThinkingPlus South TexasClubWRX Posts: 1,545 ClubWRX
    Mikeski wrote:

Cleverly funny!

image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' />
    Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
    3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
    Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
    Irons: Maltby TS-1 5i-GW w/KBS Tour R-flex
    Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM7 54/08 M Grind w/KBS Tour R-Flex
    Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM6 58/04 L Grind w/TT Wedge Flex
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
    Ball: Titleist AVX in yellow
  • Schley Schley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaMembers Posts: 1,155 ✭✭
    Several. Jason Biggs (American Pie) about 10 years playing at La Quinta Resort Mountain Course. We had found a wedge on a hole and some guy drives up in a cart while we were at the par 3 against the mountain and the guy gets out and asks did anyone find a wedge and we say yes, thinking hey isn't that the guy from American Pie?

Van Earl Wright at Mountain Gate in LA about 20 years ago when he was a CNN sports nightly anchor.

All three at Bel Air in 2015: Lute Olson, former U of A basketball coach was playing number 1 when we were going to the range. John Williams famous movie composer in the clubhouse. Was at the range by myself and a guy comes up and says hi and hits some irons as you can't hit woods off their range and he left and I said he looks familiar and it was Jack Wagner. Of note it was June 21 and a group were playing the summer solstice tournament where they play Riviera in the morning, then Bel Air afternoon followed by LACC to wrap up the day! Wow what a day.
  • tehutitehuti tehuti Members Posts: 69 ✭✭
    FourTops wrote:
    tehuti wrote:

I saw Tiger playing on the Navy GC in Cypress, CA. It was before he turned pro. In fact I think he was still in high school.

Translation: you barely play golf and you've never seen anyone who shoots under 100...and the 16 "likes" are from your mom.

Huh? Not sure what you’re trying to say, but it’s all true.
  • PMACGolfPMACGolf Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Played right behind Toby Keith at my course when he was in town for a concert. His guitarist made a hole-in-one in front of me
  • raholland71raholland71 Full cords, No gloves, Can't lose! Members Posts: 424 ✭✭
    Met Gil Hanse on the range at Streamsong Black today. Played in the group ahead of him
    WITB
    Titleist TS3 9.5*
    Titleist TS3 15*
    Titleist 818 H2 19*
    Miura CB57 4-6
    Miura MB001 7-PW
    Vokey SM7 Raw 52*
    Vokey V Grind 56*
    Vokey Low Bounce K 60*
    Scotty Cameron Newport Circle T
  • TheBIIgCatTheBIIgCat ClubWRX Posts: 1,446 ClubWRX
    Anchor44 wrote:
    Arpeggi wrote:

Gary Player was in the group behind me at Pelican Hill.

Did he tell you how great he was?

Biggest ***** I have ever met as far as a celebrity/professional athlete go. Grade A A-Hole
    Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...
  • Schley Schley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaMembers Posts: 1,155 ✭✭
    TheBIIgCat wrote:

Anchor44 wrote:
    Arpeggi wrote:

Gary Player was in the group behind me at Pelican Hill.

Did he tell you how great he was?

Biggest ***** I have ever met as far as a celebrity/professional athlete go. Grade A A-Hole

Do tell more.
  • crp709crp709 Members Posts: 49 ✭✭
    Used to run into Brett Farve and some of his Green Bay Packer teammates a good bit at a course he belonged to in Mississippi. Along with former senior PGA member Allen Doyle.

Best story has to be when I was in high school one of the times I skipped class to go play golf ran into former Redskins QB Doug Williams. This was in the summer of 1988, the year after he won the Super Bowl. So of course the local news crew was out doing a story. Needless to say I was in pretty hot water when my parents watched the local evening news and noticed me hanging out with MVP quarterbacks hitting golf balls instead of being in class.
    Chris-P
  • aknowaknow Members Posts: 96
    edited Jan 21, 2019 9:26pm #353
    I played college golf, we got to play Riviera C.C. 2x/wk. Sandy Koufax would always be in the group just before us. Don't think I ever saw him hit the 1st fairway. Played w/ Johnny Bench and saw him hit a 340 yd carry over a lake, at PGA West, Palmer course. Played with R. Limbaugh, he used a foot wedge. OJ Simpson tried to join our group at Rancho G.C. W. Los Angeles, and all of us told him to take a hike! David McCallum, a gentleman, Norm Alden, (the malt-shop owner in Back to the Future.
  • No_Catchy_NicknameNo_Catchy_Nickname Kyushu,_JapanMembers Posts: 5,203 ✭✭
    aknow wrote:

I played college golf, we got to play Riviera C.C. 2x/wk. Sandy Koufax would always be in the group just before us. Don't think I ever saw him hit the 1st fairway. Played w/ Johnny Bench and saw him hit a 340 yd carry over a lake, at PGA West, Palmer course. Played with R. Limbaugh, he used a foot wedge. OJ Simpson tried to join our group at Rancho G.C. W. Los Angeles, and all of us told him to take a hike! David McCallum, a gentleman, Norm Alden, (the malt-shop owner in Back to the Future.

David McCallum? Niiiice. Did he keep twisting open his pencil and whispering "Open Channel D" into it?
    Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
    4w: TaylorMade R9 stock Fujikura Motore X flex
    7w TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
    Hybrid: RomaRo iBrid 23* Attas EZ 85S
    Irons (4i-PW): Wilson fg-62 S300 4/5-PW or MP4 Yoro Modus 125X 5-PW
    Wedges: Callaway MD2 T-grind combination of 52*, 56*, 58*, 60*
    Putter: Mac Jack Nicklaus Muirfield

Old stuff: Tons of persimmon and older irons. 
  • wingedfoot97wingedfoot97 Members Posts: 864 ✭✭
    John Smoltz - Sea Island mid 90’s

Kent Mercker - Sea Island mid 90’s

Fran Tarkenton - Sea Island late 90’s

Marky Mark - Riviera few years back

Tom and Gisele - Riviera few years back. They were a few fairways over and didnt play thru.
    Titleist CB irons 3-PW
    Vokey Wedges
    Odyssey putter
  • LottaoutsLottaouts Members Posts: 125
    Jim McMahon, former Bears Super Bowl champion quarterback. He was walking barefoot from driving range to the first tee, about fifteen years ago. Big smirk on his face. He emitted the strongest **** vibe imaginable.
    Lottaouts wrote:
    Jim McMahon, former Bears Super Bowl champion quarterback. He was walking barefoot from driving range to the first tee, about fifteen years ago. Big smirk on his face. He emitted the strongest **** vibe imaginable.

Where was this? He can hit the golf ball I know.
  • iKOH423iKOH423 Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    I haven't run into anyone on the golf course yet. Last summer I was at my PGATSS messing around in the putter section with a friend who was trying to find a new flat stick and in comes Patrick Sharp. He was looking for a new putter and putted around for a good hour before walking through the rest of the store. I even hit him a couple of extra balls so he could putt with, I guess you say we had a connection as we exchanged 'the nod'.

It was cool to hear him talk about how Brent Seabrook had just gotten fit into a bag of PXGs and other guys were big into golf.
    Driver: Callaway Epic Sub Zero 10.5 Deg.
    Fairway Wood: Callaway Epic Sub Zero 15 Deg
    Hybrid: Callaway Epic 3 19 Deg.
    Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 4-AW
    Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy Forged Wedges 56/60
    Putter: Scotty Cameron 18' Select Newport 2
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members Posts: 2,353 ✭✭
    Got paired with a guy who was a dead ringer for Sam Elliot, mustache and all. Does that count?
    Cobra Max 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler T Rail 19*
    Cobra Baffler 5h
    Maltby Tricept F1 6-GW
    Callaway Sure Out 56*
    Odyssey V-Line
  • gambitgambit Members Posts: 4,184 ✭✭
    Local chapter leader of the **** Angels...famous enough?