Do golf ball graphics make a difference to you?

2»

Comments

• Break81Break81 Broke80 Members Posts: 2,021 ✭✭
    slide13 wrote:
    Yes. Graphical, typography, etc are all things I notice and influence how I feel using something. Which can have a real world effect on performance. It’s all in my head, but much of golf is a head game anyway.

I like Titleist Pro V1. Titleist has my favorite logo in golf, just clean and classic. But they’re pricey so I’ve been looking at the more affordable options. My problem is I think that Snell is probably a better ball, but Vice has nicer logo to my eye. Silly but it’s a factor.

I will say I tried the TaylorMade Project (a) and it’s a nice ball! Have had two free sleeves from scramble events I’ve played in. While I really don’t like TaylorMade for some undeserved reason, I was okay playing that ball. Great feel off the putter and a clean enough look. They’re not quite cheap enough to make me buy them over Pro V but it’s a ball I can happily play. If they were down to $28 or so I’d probably play them.

You can get last years version for $28 or less. I think on Thursday’s the Dicks or GG flash sale has them 2 for $50.

Basically 2 dozen for the price of 1 dozen ProV1s
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • Johnny_FairwayJohnny_Fairway South Jersey (Philly Burbs)Members Posts: 539 ✭✭

My logos are too heavy on one side , they seem to cause a nasty slice

I had the same issue. But saved them for tee shots on scrambles and keep the logo facing the pin. Automatic lasers at the hole.

Kidding aside, graphics make no difference to me.
  • slide13slide13 Members Posts: 1,329 ✭✭
    Break81 wrote:

You can get last years version for $28 or less. I think on Thursday’s the Dicks or GG flash sale has them 2 for $50.

Thanks, good tip, didn’t know that and will definitely check that out. At that price I think it’s a great ball.

Tonight I just ordered 5 dozen Vice Pros though. Haven’t tried one so sure hope I like them, but reviews are good enough that at $25/dz I figure they can’t be a bad buy. And well, I dig their logo, haha. So at least I know I’ll like looking down on it.
    Minimal: Titleist 913 D3 / Cobra F8 4w / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Members Posts: 2,021 ✭✭
    slide13 wrote:

Break81 wrote:

Thanks, good tip, didn’t know that and will definitely check that out. At that price I think it’s a great ball.

Tonight I just ordered 5 dozen Vice Pros though. Haven’t tried one so sure hope I like them, but reviews are good enough that at $25/dz I figure they can’t be a bad buy. And well, I dig their logo, haha. So at least I know I’ll like looking down on it.

Vice Pro is a good ball for sure. The only negative for me was I thought it didn't play as well in windy conditions as the Srixons I also play. VP is very much like the 2015 ProV1 IMO. Great $2 golf ball
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • 1badbadger1badbadger Members Posts: 140
    Believe it or not, the stampings on a ball do influence many consumers. I was with Bridgestone Golf for almost 10 years, and we did a lot of market research on this kind of thing. One thing we learned was some people didn't play a Bridgestone ball because the logo (at the time) was "too long":

Bridgestone was, and wouldn't play the brand for that reason. When the "Tour B" or "B Stamp" logo was first tested, they initially sought feedback from staff players who played the PGA Tour. Their reaction was very positive, and from the moment a glimpse of it was shown on tv during a telecast, we were swamped with calls, emails and messages from social media regarding the new logo stamping. Consumers really responded to the new look, but there was an issue. When the company changed it's name globally in 2005 to Bridgestone Golf, the main office in Japan mandated that the logo must have the word "golf" as part of the logo. Obviously, this does not:

• ihatecats18ihatecats18 Members Posts: 251 ✭✭
    I am very particular with the visuals with golf ball.

I love the B v long text.

I like to have a line on the side of the ball or text. But for whatever reason i dont like the Vice reverse font in the black line.

• Driver: Cobra FlyZ *10
    • Wood: Cobra FlyZ 3/4 set to 16
    • Hybrid: Cobra F7 set to 20
    • Irons: Wilson F 100, 5-PW
    • Wedges: Titleist- GW 52 SM4 - SW 56 SM4.
    • Putter: Never Compromise Dinero 35"

• Ball: TM TP5
  • DUBSTEPDUBSTEP Members Posts: 247
    I like to use the branding of the ball as the focal point when im putting. I like the Taylotmade logo as its dead straight and Titleist is pretty good too. I cant putt with callaway balls as i hate the rounded wording
    Driver - Taylormade M2 2016 9.5* w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 75
    4 Wood - Titleist 917 F2 16.5 w/ Fujikura Pro TS 84
    Hybrid - Ping G25 20* w/ TFC 189 Tour
    Irons - Ping i200 w/ Project X 6.0
    Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS Tour S
    Putter - Scotty Cameron X7M 35"
  • Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Members Posts: 6,274 ✭✭
    You folks is nuts.

vladimir-franz.jpg
  • MarkFromTheUKMarkFromTheUK Members Posts: 4,639 ✭✭
    Don’t mind the graphics, but I really don’t like a visible seam.
    PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
    PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
    PXG Operator H - 34.5”
    Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
    PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
    Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!
  • PulledabillPulledabill Members Posts: 327 ✭✭
    im not a fan of playing logo balls. Dint like the eye distraction. I just want to see my draqn line...nothing else.
  • 2_PuttBirdies2_PuttBirdies Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    The only one that seems to bug me for some reason is Callaway. They're nice but I just don't like looking down at them.
2»