Yellow Pro V1's!!!

Comments

• Chowdah86Chowdah86 Members Posts: 334 ✭✭
    edited Aug 14, 2018 #32
    Rory4Pres wrote:

One must ask, WHY NOW?! For years and years, the market has asked for them in yellow. Titleist rejected the request. Now that they've lost a huge market share, they finally cave and offer it.

I can't tell if they are shaking things up or are desperate.

I've noticed that Titleist has released products that are a little less conservative since their IPO in 2016. DT True Soft. AVX. Tour Soft. TS2 with its attempt at looking ****. I think in the next couple of years we are going to see them get a little more flashy. I predict their 2021 driver has some kind of color or edgy graphic/aesthetic that completely departs from their classic old look. Ill bet they'll expand on the red accent that they have in their color pallet. Or maybe they'll go the whole matte murdered out look. Composite crowns and reinforcement bars are soon to come. I just think there will be increasing number of gimmicks across the entire offering.
  • thejuicethejuice Members Posts: 2,066 ✭✭
    Chowdah86 wrote:

Rory4Pres wrote:

One must ask, WHY NOW?! For years and years, the market has asked for them in yellow. Titleist rejected the request. Now that they've lost a huge market share, they finally cave and offer it.

I've noticed that Titleist has released products that are a little less conservative since their IPO in 2016. DT True Soft. AVX. Tour Soft. TS2 with its attempt at looking ****. I think in the next couple of years we are going to see them get a little more flashy. I predict their 2021 driver has some kind of color or edgy graphic/aesthetic that completely departs from their classic old look. Ill bet they'll expand on the red accent that they have in their color pallet. Or maybe they'll go the whole matte murdered out look. Composite crowns and reinforcement bars are soon to come. I just think there will be increasing number of gimmicks across the entire offering.

I totally disagree. While their club sales aren't great, they aren't at the bottom of the heap of club sales and will do well to remain the club line for the old farts and "traditionalists" that claim everything else is gimmicky and flashy. There is a market for their plain Jane look, just like there's a market for the flashy style of Cobra.
    TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
    TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
    TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
    Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
    Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
    TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour
  • RRHRRH Members Posts: 309 ✭✭
    thejuice wrote:

Chowdah86 wrote:

Rory4Pres wrote:

I totally disagree. While their club sales aren't great, they aren't at the bottom of the heap of club sales and will do well to remain the club line for the old farts and "traditionalists" that claim everything else is gimmicky and flashy. There is a market for their plain Jane look, just like there's a market for the flashy style of Cobra.

I'm 26 and I love Titleist looks. Vokeys look awesome and you can get multiple finishes. The drivers and woods are just nice and black. They don't age very much and that's nice if you like to keep equipment for long periods. And their irons are always just classy. I don't see their equipment as old farty in the slightest.
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 9,912 ✭✭
    edited Aug 14, 2018 #35
    From the time I first took up the game I've somehow thought of Titleist equipment and looking and feeling exactly the way golf clubs ought to look and feel. It is a source of eternal frustration that Ping irons and, on occasion, Ping or Taylormade drivers seem to always work so much better for my game. I ignored it for years and years but finally in 2011 I just "sold out" and went with the whatever clubs best suit my weak, hacker's swing.

Still love me some Vokey's and the only ball I've ever found that's better for my game than the redoubtable ProV1x is the new AVX.

P.S. Don't get me started on Cameron putters...the most un-Titleist-like products in Titleist's lineup. They have evolved into the exact OPPOSITE of what I think a putter ought to look and feel like.
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • wrmillerwrmiller Members Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    RRH wrote:

thejuice wrote:

Chowdah86 wrote:

Rory4Pres wrote:

I'm 26 and I love Titleist looks. Vokeys look awesome and you can get multiple finishes. The drivers and woods are just nice and black. They don't age very much and that's nice if you like to keep equipment for long periods. And their irons are always just classy. I don't see their equipment as old farty in the slightest.

Some folks like classic stuff, others like gaudy/flashy stuff. It's been that way for as long as humans have been around. Different people appreciate different things.

And then there are those who try to put people down because they disapprove of what you say or do. Elementary playground mentality, or something. Play what you want, and ignore those who disapprove. I do. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

That and there are people out there with swings bad enough that they couldn't play a Titleist club very well anyway.

For the record, I own three sets of Titleist irons, and three sets of Pings. And I play them all. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Primary bag:
    Titleist 913 D3 8.5
    Titleist 915Fd 13.5
    Titleist 913h 17
    Mizuno MP-18 4-PW
    Scratch wedges 50, 55, and 60
    Bettinardi mid-shank putter

Backup bag:
    Ping G400 9
    Ping G30 fw 13
    Ping G30 hybrid 19
    Ping iBlade 4-PW power spec
    Macgregor VIP wedges 51, 56, and 60
    Bettinardi mid-shank putter
  • RRHRRH Members Posts: 309 ✭✭
    wrmiller wrote:
    RRH wrote:

thejuice wrote:

Chowdah86 wrote:

Rory4Pres wrote:

Some folks like classic stuff, others like gaudy/flashy stuff. It's been that way for as long as humans have been around. Different people appreciate different things.

And then there are those who try to put people down because they disapprove of what you say or do. Elementary playground mentality, or something. Play what you want, and ignore those who disapprove. I do. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

That and there are people out there with swings bad enough that they couldn't play a Titleist club very well anyway.

For the record, I own three sets of Titleist irons, and three sets of Pings. And I play them all. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Yeah I have no brand loyalty tbh. I like Titleist wedges and irons, but I feel there are better offerings for drivers. And I use a Taylor made putter with a Mizuno driving iron lol. All over the place.
  • justasgoodjustasgood Without Tempo, you are just a hacker. Members Posts: 2,603 ✭✭
    AVX/Bridgestone dimple depth/style
  • monks66monks66 Members Posts: 591 ✭✭
    will the yellow have the same cast urethane cover? coloring cast urethane isnt the easiest...per Dean Snell
    justasgood wrote:

You know you are talking about an **** Photoshop job, not an actual ProV1, right?
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
  • RSinSGRSinSG ClubWRX Posts: 3,073 ClubWRX
    Hmmmm. I wonder if the KSigs will offer a yellow ball when they make a comeback? That will cause that thread to double in size.

The ProV in yellow isn't a huge surprise since the AVX came out. I'm for sure going to give them a try.
    Ping G400 Tour AD DI6s
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,654 ✭✭

justasgood wrote:

You know you are talking about an **** Photoshop job, not an actual ProV1, right?

Why don’t you tell him there is no Santa Claus too while you’re at it! I kid, I kid! Still, I can’t believe how many people were fooled by the photoshop job they did for the article.
    Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2
    Titleist Yellow Pro V1
    edited Aug 14, 2018 #43
    noodle3872 wrote:

justasgood wrote:

Why don’t you tell him there is no Santa Claus too while you’re at it! I kid, I kid! Still, I can’t believe how many people were fooled by the photoshop job they did for the article.

There’s a reason sites like that exist. Like the National Enquirer (are they even still around?).
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
  • PingfitzPingfitz Members Posts: 754 ✭✭
    Rory4Pres wrote:

Desperate is when the price point drops... could it be far off?
    Pingfitz wrote:

Rory4Pres wrote:

Desperate is when the price point drops... could it be far off?

Good grief, man. Just go on eBay and buy you some ProV1’s. My last dozen cost me 30 bucks BNIB.
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
  • Lancj1Lancj1 Members Posts: 885 ✭✭
    cardoustie wrote:

I'd try it for sure

I played with a yellow and black Callaway Tervis ball ystdy for three holes and liked the visibility

Didn't like it when putting though, seizure inducing when rolling

Absolutely agree with the visibility - airplanes started circling - didn't like the feel off the putter. I found it quite "dead". Loved everything else
    G Max Driver, Tour 65 Stiff
    G400 3 & 5 Woods Alta CB Reg
    G400 2,3,4,5 Hybrids Alta CB Reg
    G410 Irons, 6-U, Green Dot, Alta CB Reg + 1/2"
    Glide Stealth 54 (SS) & 58 (WS) Green Dot, Alta CB Reg + 1/2"
    Ping Sigma 2 Valor, Stealth

Disclaimer*

I'm a handicap golfer in my 50's. Any opinions I have about golf equipment or professional golfers or the game in general should be taken as seriously as you would the opinions of a random guy in the fourball ahead of you who just shot 92 but is usually better than that.
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,218 ✭✭
    Hot Rod 71 wrote:

The Apocalypse is upon us.....

Only when the Gamersoft comes out in yellow.
  • spartanglfrspartanglfr Members Posts: 372 ✭✭
    edited Aug 15, 2018 #48
    monks66 wrote:

will the yellow have the same cast urethane cover? coloring cast urethane isnt the easiest...per Dean Snell

Snell also said here (in the Snell thread, before he came out with a yellow Snell) that there was insufficient demand for yellow balls and yellow balls weren't on his radar. He has been a valuable asset to our community and has contributed a lot of info for us and is certainly very knowledgeable about golf balls. But his position on the demand for yellow as an option for tour grade balls was off. BTW, I like the MTB black.....and wish it was available in yellow ;-)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    The AVX has a cast thermoset urethane cover and is available in yellow.

The ProV1 and ProV1x are also cast thermoset urethane and the yellow versions will undoubtedly be, as well.

The difficulty of obtaining an acceptable yellow color for a cast urethane ball is probably more of an impediment to a producer of low-cost direct to consumer balls selling for $2/ball than to a company charging upward of $4/ball at retail. Wouldn't you think?
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
  • enickmaenickma Members Posts: 278 ✭✭
    edited Aug 15, 2018 #50
    Rory4Pres wrote:

The answer to any and all questions is money
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    dan360 wrote:
    Marketing genius. Wonder if they'll perform different?

They will be a new game changer.....for the Titleist fans
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,654 ✭✭
    BiggErn wrote:

dan360 wrote:

BiggErn, if all you are going to contribute to Titleist ball topics is sarcasm and naysaying, please don’t post.
    Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2
    Titleist Yellow Pro V1
  • SoCalTitleistSoCalTitleist Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭
    Already have 20 dozen z star yellows 😂🙈
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    noodle3872 wrote:
    BiggErn wrote:

dan360 wrote:

BiggErn, if all you are going to contribute to Titleist ball topics is sarcasm and naysaying, please don’t post.

Lol ok. It will be like a white ProV1(x)......only yellow
  • PulledabillPulledabill Members Posts: 334 ✭✭
  • PulledabillPulledabill Members Posts: 334 ✭✭
  • jameshayjameshay Members Posts: 15 ✭✭
    this thread is wild.

Each to their own and all, and i can understand why somebody would use a tru-vis, even the yellow and black/dark green one but i will never get my head around adults using yellow golf balls.
    edited Aug 16, 2018 #58
    jameshay wrote:

this thread is wild.

Each to their own and all, and i can understand why somebody would use a tru-vis, even the yellow and black/dark green one but i will never get my head around adults using yellow golf balls.

Wow, I am almost 60 yo and have always loved yellow balls, especially as I age. They're easier to see. Some have said, red balls stands out well. I still don't get it. So, to each their own.

I will be curious to know what will be the comparison between Snell Yellow Red and Pro V Yellow - should be interesting.
    edited Aug 16, 2018 #59
    jameshay wrote:

this thread is wild.

This will really blow your Glaswegian mind then...

In my usual fourball, two of us use yellow balls while the other two use white. Not only that, one of us play from a longer set of tees than the other three. But we’re all playing in the same game!!!

Oh The Humanity!
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,671 ClubWRX
    Tanner25 wrote:

jameshay wrote:

this thread is wild.

Wow, I am almost 60 yo and have always loved yellow balls, especially as I age. They're easier to see. Some have said, red balls stands out well. I still don't get it. So, to each their own.

I will be curious to know what will be the comparison between Snell Yellow Red and Pro V Yellow - should be interesting.

I'll be torn on that question. I like the Snell yellow Red just as much as the Pro V. And I like the price a lot better. But I might be willing to pay the extra if they offer the 4 for 3 deal where I can personalize and pick my number. The number deal is a big one for me, and so far, Titleist is the only one I've found with that option.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
    edited Aug 16, 2018 #61

Tanner25 wrote:

jameshay wrote:

this thread is wild.

I'll be torn on that question. I like the Snell yellow Red just as much as the Pro V. And I like the price a lot better. But I might be willing to pay the extra if they offer the 4 for 3 deal where I can personalize and pick my number. The number deal is a big one for me, and so far, Titleist is the only one I've found with that option.

Typically, Pro V's are sold in sleeves at golf course shops, that could be a good way of checking them out at a lower cost.