Ughhh golf pants

I'm having a **** of a time finding golf pants that fit well. Waist is a 30 or 31, but a 32-inch inseam is usually too long and 30-inch is sometimes too short. I just bought 30x30 footjoy slims and they're close to being a good fit accept for the fact my crotch feels like it's in a vice grip, even though the waist fits. Anybody know of some good pants that are relaxed in the hips, but tapered for a more athletic fit? Thanks!

Comments

• th6252th6252 Members Posts: 1,125 ✭✭
    bonobos athletic fit might be your answer.
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,172 ✭✭
    These Puma Jackpot seem to come in every size imaginable (wearing a pair right now). Unless you need to have like 10 pair of pants, I'd just find 2 or 3 pair that look and feel good, then get the length custom tailored if it's too long.
    WITB
    DRIVER MIA
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge (Hi Toe 58 KBS Wedge in test)
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• UberzzUberzz Posts: 124 ✭✭
    I have had success with Adidas 365 tapered pants.
    Ping G400 LST 10* Tour 65
    Ping G400 14.5*(15.5*) Tour 75
    Titleist 913 F 21* Diamana 
    Titleist 816 H1 23*(24*) Aldila Tour
    Ping i500 KBS $-Taper 120
    Vokey 51/12, 56/11
    Callaway PM Grind 60/10
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 33" Superstroke Mid Slim 3.0
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭
    As for your length, you could always go with a 32 and have it hemmed properly for you.
    Bonobos has 4 different size pant fits so check them out.
    Long Live Nike
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,111 ✭✭
    either pull your pants up, or down a little bit. seems like a mountain out of a molehill --

or, get the shorter length, some awesome socks and kick it. 
  • coho10coho10 Members Posts: 95 ✭✭
    lululemon ABC pants are just about all I wear.  Game changers.  They'll hem them for free if you buy in the store.
  • TBD203TBD203 Members Posts: 492 ✭✭
    Yeah, echoing Lululemon. I also find that they run large in the waist, which seems to be what you're after. You can get tapered or non tapered. I just wish they had more colors!
  • DFS PFDDFS PFD Members Posts: 834 ✭✭
    Lululemon is the way to go without a doubt. Most comfortable, durable, and best fit  I've found. 
    TC Rogue SZ 8.8* Pro Orange 70TX/ ACCRA TZ5 75 M5
    M2 Tour 15* Kuro Kage DC 70TX
    790 UDI Tensei Pro White 100TX
    4-PW Apex Pro 19 DG X7's
    50* MG Raw Tour issue S400
    55* MG Raw Tour issue S400
    60* Hi-Toe Tour Issue S400
    J-DAY Spider
  • bu11dogbu11dog Members Posts: 1,408 ✭✭
    No one makes pants that fit me either.  Truth be told, I'm of the height where I'd probably be better off shopping in the husky boys section rather than the men's.  

I can't believe I just admitted that out loud. 
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members Posts: 6,989 ✭✭
    Under armour has great fitting slacks .....not sure of the model but some sort of dri-fit 
  • ShakesterShakester Members Posts: 428 ✭✭
    edited Mar 21, 2019 6:11pm #12
    Another vote for Bonobos Highland in an Athletic or even Tailored fit.  The Tailored is basically a slim with a slightly tapered leg.   A few Nikes may work for you as well.  The Flex Modern Fit seems to be for those guys that like to have a shorter fit, which isn't for me.  I ordered a pair in a my normal 32" inseam and its almost at my ankles.   They have a lot of stretch to them as well so they won't feel that tight.  

Bonobos does have a pair of Highlands that are still on sale for $48 in a 31x30, Athletic fit.  Might be worth a shot although all sales are final for sale items.   

https://bonobos.com/products/highland-golf-pants-golfg00091?color=grey minicheck&pant-waist=31&pant-length=30&pant-fit=athletic
    Taylormade M3 Driver (UST Mamiya Chrome Elements Stiff Shaft) 9.5
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood 15
    Taylormade M2 5 Wood 18
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Newport Platinum Putter
    Taylormade TP5 Golf balls
  • UnteachableUnteachable North MississippiBST Volunteer Mods Posts: 1,050 ✭✭
    I got a pair of these ping pants during a recent tgw sale and really like the fit.  Just enough room in the crotch.  I dont like a slim fit and i would call these a nice in between slim and baggy.  Very good pant
    https://www.tgw.com/golf-apparel/mens-golf-apparel/mens-golf-pants/ping-mens-lennox-chino-flat-front-pants
  • MarkripMarkrip Boss fan 62 Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭
    I’ve given up on finding the right length. I wear a 30 inch waist and 29 inseam basically impossible to find. When I find a 30 waist on sale I just get them shortened at the cleaners.
    Driver - Cobra F7
    3w- Adams Tight Speedline Super LS
    Hybrid - Cobra F8 19
    Irons- Adams XTD 4-PW
    Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54 , 58
    Putter- Tour Edge HP Series 01
  • ryder2015ryder2015 Members Posts: 39 ClubWRX
    Same issue. I found Peter Millar has the EB66 pant and you can get them in 30/30 or 32/30. The Material and fit are perfect. Not skinny jean style but not baggie either. I think I have 5 pairs now.
  • DavidvDavidv Posts: 690 ✭✭
    Adidas 3 stripe.
  • -GoldenHawk--GoldenHawk- DJ Posts: 906 ✭✭
    ryder2015 said:
    Same issue. I found Peter Millar has the EB66 pant and you can get them in 30/30 or 32/30. The Material and fit are perfect. Not skinny jean style but not baggie either. I think I have 5 pairs now.
    Well I can tell you I'm not paying $150 for golf pants, but wouldn't mind trying them.
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,034 ✭✭
    You could try Uniqlo Kando, and have it hemmed/altered in store for you. I think it's free for visible hem, $5 more for hidden.

Even at full price, it's a good deal
  • A_planA_plan Posts: 136 ✭✭
    Gap do an amazing range of athletic pants that are great for golf. Large range of waist and inseam sizes. 
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,067 ✭✭
    Puma
    nike
    peter millar
    fj non athletic 
    adidas ultimate 
    polo
  • mccjudmccjud Members Posts: 487 ✭✭

Honestly you need to try old navy active performance pants. They are basically knock off lulu pants. I have 5 pairs, wear them to work, golf, walking around Las Vegas a few weeks ago, while traveling for our plane ride, etc. I went down from 34 inch to 33 inch i the waist and they are actually about 1 inch shorter in length, so for you I’d try 30 x 32. Try them in store to find the right size. Wait until old navy runs 40 or 50% off active wear, which happens monthly, the strike. $22.50 per pair is tpugh to beat. SUPER comfy.

Good luck!

• howellhandmadehowellhandmade Members Posts: 718 ✭✭

Try finding a 36” inseam with a 34” waist. Under Armour is about it.

• -GoldenHawk--GoldenHawk- DJ Posts: 906 ✭✭

@mccjud said:
    Honestly you need to try old navy active performance pants. They are basically knock off lulu pants. I have 5 pairs, wear them to work, golf, walking around Las Vegas a few weeks ago, while traveling for our plane ride, etc. I went down from 34 inch to 33 inch i the waist and they are actually about 1 inch shorter in length, so for you I’d try 30 x 32. Try them in store to find the right size. Wait until old navy runs 40 or 50% off active wear, which happens monthly, the strike. $22.50 per pair is tpugh to beat. SUPER comfy.

Good luck!

Went and tried on the Active Go Drys yesterday and they were really close to fitting perfectly. The 30-inch waist was a little too snug in the hips, the 32 was comfortable in the hips but slightly too wide to look good with a belt on tightly. Waist got bunched up.

• tmw1582tmw1582 Members Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited Mar 26, 2019 5:51pm #24

I like these Jcrew lightweight chinos for fall & spring golf. Nice and light with a bit of stretch. Looks like they are 40% off right now. In their jeans I wear a 33/30. In these khakis I am a 34/30 and they are a great length. For reference I am 5'9 175lbs.
    https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_category/pants/slim/484-slimfit-lightweight-garmentdyed-stretch-chino/G1186

• JMH1220JMH1220 Posts: 586 ✭✭

what about Linksoul chinos? anyone have those? I want a pant for course and work. the Lulu has that **** seam on the back of knee which scream athletic pant to me.

• Travis DuckroTravis Duckro Members Posts: 286 ✭✭
    edited Mar 26, 2019 9:54pm #26

These threads absolutely baffle me, you literally just walk into a tailor and say "hem to desired break" and they do. For anywhere between 10 and 20 bucks (and places like Lulu do it for free)...... Find a fit you like, go get it hemmed. End of thread.

• JMH1220JMH1220 Posts: 586 ✭✭

Their wives can staple or duct tape the hem. :)

• @_the_crook@_the_crook Members Posts: 609 ✭✭

Adidas. just wore a pair of 365's on a chilly morning. great looking and felt perfect.

currently playing:
    Steelhead III , FT-5 - D
    Warbirds, 3+, 4
    Hogan BH-5, 3-PW
    Wilson DynaPowered SW
    Ping Anser
    it works

when I need a change, there are 12 bags full to choose from .
  • Acesn8ightsAcesn8ights Members Posts: 2

For cheaper pants I actually like the Izod swingflex pants that Kohl's carries.

• mcasella08mcasella08 Members Posts: 78 ✭✭

Have you tried the UA pants? They are so stretchy I can't see how they would feel tight even the tapered versions.

• Big A HGBig A HG Posts: 518 ✭✭

You are living my nightmare, essentially a 31x31...good to know I'm not the only unicorn. I've gamed UA, Puma, and FootJoy. The Pumas were the only ones I didn't like. The FJ's are nice, but a little heavier of a material, but you can tell they'll last longer. Because the UA's are so light and stretchy, they fit decent.

HOWEVER, the best golf pants I buy and wear regularly are some Greg Norman's from Costco....no joke. They are light and airy, they hold up awesome, I don't think I could wrinkle them if I tried, and they fit great. I think I went with a 32x30 combo IIRC. Best part is, they're like $17 if your local Costco has 'em in-stock.