Tiger's clubs for Safeway (Photo added page 19)

Wouldn't be surprised to see taylormade make him a bonded m2 430. To say a company wouldn't make him a one off without a deal is just crazy. It's tiger ffs. And especially with all of the versions taylormade has on tour in recent memory, it's more likely than not they made him a one off.

It's Tiger - a guy who can't make cuts and had lost about every major endorsement possible

Why would they make him a one off head? He couldn't sell Nike drivers he's not gonna sell TM ones either

I mean, we saw his results with Nike drivers over the last 4 years of his career, haha. Would that persuade you to buy one?

What I saw was him swinging out of his shoes every tee shot....and oh look...Day does that as well and guess what is bothering him?

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's got to be playing a bonded driver right? He's never played adjustable and nothing's been on the usga conforming list yet. I'll take the tweet with a grain of salt.

I don't think anyone, taylormade included, is going to build TW a one-off bonded driver without a club contract. It may happen at some point, but if he's not playing his Nike driver, I doubt whatever he's hitting will be bonded.

I am going to disagree with this . Taylormade or any company would be stupid not to. (Potential endorsement?) But I think this whole post is pure speculation at best.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5

4W Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8

8,9 Eleven 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 6&GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Ping Sigma G Ketsch B

He's got to be playing a bonded driver right? He's never played adjustable and nothing's been on the usga conforming list yet. I'll take the tweet with a grain of salt.

I don't think anyone, taylormade included, is going to build TW a one-off bonded driver without a club contract. It may happen at some point, but if he's not playing his Nike driver, I doubt whatever he's hitting will be bonded.

I am going to disagree with this . Taylormade or any company would be stupid not to. (Potential endorsement?) But I think this whole post is pure speculation at best.

Hopefully Taylormade gets to see Tiger hit some balls before they make him a driver. Having him hit their company's driver next week might not be the best endorsement.

Im still shocked that nobody has caught s pic of him hitting balls anywhere recently. If you don't care fine. Don't comment. But enquiring minds want to know ! Lol

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Someone should launch a drone over at the Medalist club for some spy pics and just hope it doesn't get shot down.

I doubt you'd want to be near Medalist right now.

Titleist TSR3 8° Tensei Pro Orange 1K 60TX
Taylormade SIM Ti 5W 19° Tensei Pro White 70 TX
Taylormade SIM Tour Issue 19° 5W Diamana BF 80 TX
Mizuno JPX 921 Tours w/ Mitsubishi MMT TX125
Taylormade MG3 50.9/56.12 (TW)/60.11 (TW) w/ Mitsubishi MMT S125

Scotty Cameron Craftsman Squareback Proto 33.5"

Hopefully Taylormade gets to see Tiger hit some balls before they make him a driver. Having him hit their company's driver next week might not be the best endorsement.

Not sure I agree with this. While it may seem like a poor endorsement when you live and breathe golf (as most of us do in this community), we forget how marketable he still is to the average Joe. Look at Vegas odds for example: even if he misses every cut in the three tourneys he plays in this year, his odds of winning the Masters will still be better than some of the best players in the game. In 2015, after an awful 2014 season, Tiger's odds were 18/1...the same odds as the defending champion.

I realize that this whole thing is speculation, and the price tag of an endorsement is a whole other ball of wax, but at the end of the day, Taylormade is a brand that many weekend warriors are drawn to, and I can't see Tiger Woods not helping that brand appeal, at least to some degree.

PING G430 LST | Ping Tour 2.0 65 
Titleist TSR3 3w  | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8
Titleist TSR3 4h  | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95
PING i210 4-U | TT DG 120 S300
Vokey SM9 54.12D, 60.12D | TT DG S300
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless NP2 350g

Disagree again. coming off as a company that cares about the game and PGA tour is worth a so-called risk.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5

4W Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8

8,9 Eleven 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 6&GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Ping Sigma G Ketsch B

Wouldn't be surprised to see taylormade make him a bonded m2 430. To say a company wouldn't make him a one off without a deal is just crazy. It's tiger ffs. And especially with all of the versions taylormade has on tour in recent memory, it's more likely than not they made him a one off.

It's Tiger - a guy who can't make cuts and had lost about every major endorsement possible

Why would they make him a one off head? He couldn't sell Nike drivers he's not gonna sell TM ones either

I mean, we saw his results with Nike drivers over the last 4 years of his career, haha. Would that persuade you to buy one?

Who's the acknowledged best driver on tour? Rory? Damn-let's get what he plays...oh wait that's a Nike inferior crap lol. :)

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

Tiger still isn't registered for the Safeway.

Does anyone wonder if the hurricane (my thoughts and hope goes out to anyone affected) that is currently hitting Florida might cause Tiger to miss next week's tournament? He could have to check on his house / kids / etc. if they are in the affected areas?

Does anyone wonder if the hurricane (my thoughts and hope goes out to anyone affected) that is currently hitting Florida might cause Tiger to miss next week's tournament? He could have to check on his house / kids / etc. if they are in the affected areas?

Surely his family/kids would evacuate if it posed that much of a threat. It would however, make for a convenient excuse if he didn't play. As the poster above you said, he still hasn't registered which I find interesting but not conclusive at all obviously

[color=#0000ff]PING G410+ [/color][color=#ff0000]Project X HZRDUS T1100 Tour Issue 6.5 75g[/color]
[color=#0000FF]PING G410 LST 3W [/color][color=#ff0000]Project X HZRDUS T1100 6.5 85g[/color]
[color=#A9A9A9]Titleist 818H1 2H [/color][color=#ff0000]Fujikura Atmos HB Black Tour Spec 9X[/color]
[color=#A9A9A9]Titleist U510 4i [/color][color=#ff0000]Project X HZRDUS Black Hybrid Tour Issue 6.5 105g[/color]
[color=#808080]Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-PW [/color][color=#ff0000]X100 Tour Issue [/color][color=#FF0000]USA Ryder Cup Edition[/color]
[color=#000000]Vokey SM6 Jet Black 50* F Grind [/color][color=#ff0000]X100 Tour Issue USA Ryder Cup Edition[/color]
[color=#000000]Vokey SM6 Jet Black 54* M Grind [/color][color=#ff0000]S400 Tour Issue [/color][color=#FF0000]USA Ryder Cup Edition[/color]
[color=#000000]Vokey SM6 Jet Black 58* K Grind [/color][color=#ff0000]S400 Tour Issue [/color][color=#FF0000]USA Ryder Cup Edition[/color]
[color=#0000CD]Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 35" w/ Super Stroke 2.0 USA Ryder Cup Grip[/color]

Surely his family/kids would evacuate if it posed that much of a threat. It would however, make for a convenient excuse if he didn't play. As the poster above you said, he still hasn't registered which I find interesting but not conclusive at all obviously

Where could I find the field list? Thinking of attending

Where could I find the field list? Thinking of attending

Players have until 5PM EST Friday (tomorrow) and then it will be on the tournament website. Tiger probably hasn't officially committed yet but then he rarely commits early.

Greg

GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

Nike Golf no longer supply equipment, he'd better switch now. If you look at the alternative, he's not going to switch next year before the first major.

He at least has 6 months to figure out the equipment side.

You're assuming he doesn't go out and shoot 80 - I assume he will and he won't even be playing on tour next year. he's given us no reason to think otherwise.

But in what world do you know what's best for Tiger's equipment needs than he does?

Would you tell Lebron James what shoes to wear?

I HAVE talked to LeBron about which shoes to wear. I recommended Sketchers.

I read that Lebron's actual gameworn Nikes were modeled after old LA Gear and Nike just made the to aesthetically resemble the retail version.

Probably true. Around these parts LA is Lower Akron.

I can't see him switching irons anytime soon. He has had them in play forever. Figure he goes through, what maybe 1 at most 2 sets a year, based on how much he plays. Since there is absolutely no "new" tech in the blades he plays, he doesn't need to switch. He could have 5-7 back up sets and in theory play them pretty much the next 3-5 years. I distinctly remember the interview Rory did with Gary Williams on Morning Drive following his laser light show announcement. That was when the new vapor pro irons or whatever the vapor blades were called had just come out. He specifically said Tiger had a very large part in the design of those blades and he had a little, but came on board too late to have a lot of real input in the design. So a blade Tiger basically designed, can't make it in the bag. I find it hard to believe that he picks up a random OEM blade and puts it in play. I see the irons as the last thing to go. Same with the ball. He probably has 3-5 years worth of the balls.

My guess is he comes back with most if not all Nike (maybe the Scotty). He will slowly change 1 club at a time. Driver/woods, then wedges. Irons and ball will be the last to change, because the irons and ball he uses are not affected by tech changes. If, and it's a big if he does throw a TM driver in play, gonna say 100% it's all black. Remember, he is trying to figure out his swing, figure out his back, get into tourny shape and get back into competition. That's almost an impossible task in and of itself. Then to put new gear into place on top of that. If he hits a shot off line, how will he know it's his swing/back or gear? Tiger is probably one of the least affected by new tech players in golf. He has enough back ups of everything, that he won't have to change anytime soon.

XR 16 9.5 Fubuki ZT
XR 16 15* PX 6.0
XHot Pro 3 hy PX 6.0
Callaway 09 X Forged 3i, 5-pw - PX 6.0
Callaway MD3 52*, 56*, 60* KBS Tour
Odyssey Vera B/W/B #7,
Ball -TM TP5X

Tiger has stated numerous times that his contract says he can play whatever he wants. I'd be shocked if Rory's contract is not worded the same way. I would expect to see them both make some changes as the year unfolds.

The golf ball would be the biggest shocker to me. Rory said he ordered 3 years worth of his ball from Nike when he heard about the shutdown. Tiger has always been very specific about his ball and I would be amazed if another manufacturer was able to come up with something to his specs this fast. I've said before that almost nothing he plays will really move the needle at retail. I will stand corrected if he really does play a Bridgestone ball. That would be a huge boost for the Bridgestone brand which really lost some market share to the Callaway Chrome Soft.

Unless it has changed recently Bridgestone made the Nike balls for them to Nike's specs of course

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

Someone should launch a drone over at the Medalist club for some spy pics and just hope it doesn't get shot down.

I doubt you'd want to be near Medalist right now.

+1 that is for darn sure and the drone may get blown up to New York or at least DC

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

Nike woods, unmarked either miura or mizuno blades and Bridgestone ball. FACT. Seen it with my own eyes 2 weeks ago

you also said that DJ was going to nike in another thread so i'm sure this info is really is FACT, right? gimmie a break.

He was going to Nike then they pulled out and TM offered him way too much money. PXG actually offered him more. "Give me a break?" FACT