2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Saw some new Callaway Woods last night (The Epic Thread)

jimpsycho

Got fitted for my Epic today. Indoor with a Trackman. We were doing a lot during the hour I had booked, so I didn't get to take many pics along the way. This is a bit of an abbreviated review, so feel free to ask any questions.

My gamer is a TM R15 10' with an Alidla Tour Green 65x. My swing has changed a bit since I got fit for that and Trackman was showing I was spinning it too much. 2800-3000 rpm's and ball speed in the middle 150's. My swing speed was about 105-106 mph. Carrying in the 250's. Ok but not great.

Moved to the regular Epic 9' (non-Sub Zero) and tried out an assortment of 65g and 75g shafts. Much better overall numbers but still a bit spinny no matter what shaft we used. Really impressed with the driver overall, though.

So we switched to the Sub Zero 9' (which I was nervous about not being forgiving enough). My fears were completely unfounded. Got it fairly dialed in with the 75g Aldila Max in stiff flex, and then my pro pulled out his Epic with a HZRDUS Black 75x and fitted it to the Sub Zero I was testing. Boom. That combo just absolutely clicked for me. Nice gentle draws with perfect (for me) numbers. So my pro is finalizing the pricing with his Callaway rep, and I'll have it on order that first day.

My summation of numbers was:

107 avg swing speed

Ball speed sticking right around 160-162 (Smash Factor 1.49-1.51)

Carry yardages consistently into the 270's, with 2 I was able to get to roll out to 300

I absolutely fell in love with that HZRDUS Black. I've never swung a more smooth and perfectly-feeling shaft. Same with the Sub Zero head. Amazingly consistent and easy to hit (had the heavy weight in the back). It does have a solid feel to it. I was worried it would feel too harsh, but that wasn't the case. I even liked the slightly muted sound.

Beautiful setup. Callaway website shows the HZRDUS Black Handcrafted as a $250 upcharge in the Fusion driver. Should be the same for EPIC.

Callaway GBB EPIC Sub Zero, HZRDUS Yellow 65g
Callaway XR Pro 20° hybrid, Tour AD DI
Callaway X2Hot Pro 23° hybrid, Aldila Tour Green
Callaway Apex Pro 7-PW / Apex 5&6, KBS Tour V
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Mack Daddy 2 50°, 54°, PM Grind 58°
Callaway Chrome Soft

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got fitted for my Epic today. Indoor with a Trackman. We were doing a lot during the hour I had booked, so I didn't get to take many pics along the way. This is a bit of an abbreviated review, so feel free to ask any questions.

My gamer is a TM R15 10' with an Alidla Tour Green 65x. My swing has changed a bit since I got fit for that and Trackman was showing I was spinning it too much. 2800-3000 rpm's and ball speed in the middle 150's. My swing speed was about 105-106 mph. Carrying in the 250's. Ok but not great.

Moved to the regular Epic 9' (non-Sub Zero) and tried out an assortment of 65g and 75g shafts. Much better overall numbers but still a bit spinny no matter what shaft we used. Really impressed with the driver overall, though.

So we switched to the Sub Zero 9' (which I was nervous about not being forgiving enough). My fears were completely unfounded. Got it fairly dialed in with the 75g Aldila Max in stiff flex, and then my pro pulled out his Epic with a HZRDUS Black 75x and fitted it to the Sub Zero I was testing. Boom. That combo just absolutely clicked for me. Nice gentle draws with perfect (for me) numbers. So my pro is finalizing the pricing with his Callaway rep, and I'll have it on order that first day.

My summation of numbers was:

107 avg swing speed

Ball speed sticking right around 160-162 (Smash Factor 1.49-1.51)

Carry yardages consistently into the 270's, with 2 I was able to get to roll out to 300

I absolutely fell in love with that HZRDUS Black. I've never swung a more smooth and perfectly-feeling shaft. Same with the Sub Zero head. Amazingly consistent and easy to hit (had the heavy weight in the back). It does have a solid feel to it. I was worried it would feel too harsh, but that wasn't the case. I even liked the slightly muted sound.

0c7c390f51010ada2ca9b1dc896826cc.jpg

2d17c9bb24183482a387bd7d5e3f69a9.jpg

02c3ec8479d2eb78a061b3abaa6fa7bd.jpg

I'm also coming from an r15. Would you say the epic sz is more or less fade biased than the r15. I found the R15 to be a little fade biased.

I am excited, just placed an order with DD for the Epic SZ and T800 65gm shaft finished 44 1/2". Can't wait...it'll be Ping G LS vs the SZ. Be the 2nd Callaway driver I've owned since the X 460 driver sooo many years ago. Thanks for all the data guys :)

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

I'm also coming from an r15. Would you say the epic sz is more or less fade biased than the r15. I found the R15 to be a little fade biased.

My driver swing hasn't been a model of consistency the past 2 (err...20, actually) seasons, but I would say the R15 is slightly more fade-biased than the Epic SZ. In what limited amounts I was able to hit both yesterday, I would say they're really close to the same in that regard. But I was also hitting them in different lofts with different shafts, so it's not an apples-to-apples comparison.

Callaway GBB Epic SZ 10' - HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 6.5
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15' - HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5
Taylormade SIM 3H - GD AD-DI 8x
Ping i(e1) 4-PW - Project X 6.0 
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08F, 54.08M, 60.04L - KBS 610 Wedge
Odyssey Tank Cruiser 7

I got a chance to hit the Epic SZ and 2017 M1 440 today at lunchtime and I can safely say that the Epic SZ will be in the bag to start the year. I’ve tried everything and I mean everything out there (as it’s always the driver’s fault) and the Epic SZ is just on another level for distance on mishits. I’m a big believer (for me) that most if not all properly fit driver shaft combos should be in the same ballpark when hit perfectly. I don’t want to make claims about distances because I was hitting the Rogue Max which felt a little loose to me but the drives were very long and the mishits were in the same neighborhood. It felt effortless. Shots where I felt like I popped it up and flared it to the right were still going 270-280 with my 103-105 winter ss. I had no problems rolling out just past 300 which I’d be happy with with a swing like today’s. The M1 440 is a real looker but I couldn’t get comfortable with it. I was hitting high flares (which again were more me than the club) but they were only going 260 range.

I’ve hit every club in the book there and Ping G LS, 2016 M1 and Cobra LTD were the only three in the same area and that was summer swings. Excited for the snow to melt!

Does the D4 swing weight help make the HZRDUS Black feel a little less "board" like? I swung that shaft in a Fusion, which I assume is probably stock D2 or something, and it felt like swinging a steel iron shaft. I really couldn't load it, even though I was right around the 105mph SS mark (stiff flex even).

I thought I saw on the shaft thread the T1100 will be even more tip stiff than the Black now? That may help me get my spin down (was still around 2600 even using a 75g black tie XS shaft) but I def worry I won't be able to load it right. I've found on the few swings where my conditions are right, my launch angle needs to be coupled with no more than 2300 RPM spin.

I got a chance to hit the Epic SZ and 2017 M1 440 today at lunchtime and I can safely say that the Epic SZ will be in the bag to start the year. I’ve tried everything and I mean everything out there (as it’s always the driver’s fault) and the Epic SZ is just on another level for distance on mishits. I’m a big believer (for me) that most if not all properly fit driver shaft combos should be in the same ballpark when hit perfectly. I don’t want to make claims about distances because I was hitting the Rogue Max which felt a little loose to me but the drives were very long and the mishits were in the same neighborhood. It felt effortless. Shots where I felt like I popped it up and flared it to the right were still going 270-280 with my 103-105 winter ss. I had no problems rolling out just past 300 which I’d be happy with with a swing like today’s. The M1 440 is a real looker but I couldn’t get comfortable with it. I was hitting high flares (which again were more me than the club) but they were only going 260 range.

I’ve hit every club in the book there and Ping G LS, 2016 M1 and Cobra LTD were the only three in the same area and that was summer swings. Excited for the snow to melt!

A 40 yard difference? Or are you saying the epic had 270 carry and the m1 440 had 260 carry?

Stealth 2+ 10.5 - Ventus Black 6X

Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5 - Kaili Blue 70 TX
PXG 0311X Gen 4 - Ventus HB 10TX

PXG 0311P Gen 3- 4 iron - HZRDUS Red 105 X
PXG 0311P Gen 3 - 5 to PW - Nippon 125 X
Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

Vokey Raw - 60K Low Bounce

Scotty Cameron X5R Flow Neck Torched Finish

Epic Sub Zero + Hzrdus Black = $750 correct?

That thing better be game changing! $$$$

2023 WITB
Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5* - MMT 70x
3 Wood: Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Kai'li White 80x

Utility: Callaway X-Forged UT 21*
4-PW: Callaway Apex MBs - Project X 6.0
52* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw S Grind
58* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Double Wide DB

Epic Sub Zero + Hzrdus Black = $750 correct?

That thing better be game changing! $$$$

I'm getting an upcharge shaft because I already have the Hzrdus thank goodness. It's a great shaft for me. I don't find it like a board at all. I have a very fast temp though. So far the D+ 70 x-flex has given me my best results after hitting the Epic SZ at my local golftec a few times. But they have a new shaft pack coming in soon and I'm hoping to try the Rogue Silver 60 and maybe a speeder.

A 40 yard difference? Or are you saying the epic had 270 carry and the m1 440 had 260 carry?

No no I was only referencing the bad shots with the M1 which were in the 260 range total. Bad shots with SZ were 270-280 range total. Good shots were rolling past 300. Never got comfortable with the M1 so I gave up on it pretty quick and didn't hit very many good ones to compare.

I don't expect the variance to be anywhere near that if both were properly fit. I was just hitting the SZ so far with bad swings that never bothered giving the M1 a second look. I thought last year's M1 was a beast so I don't expect anything different from the new one.

Hope that clarifies. Cheers!

I'm looking forward to giving it a test run. I just picked up an M2 though, and for my 106SS, my #'s were really dialed in.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what guys like Koepka, Casey, Woods, Finau, etc. are hitting in 2017. Obviously most went right to TM, so if the Epic is as good as being stated, it will be interesting to watch.....

Cobra LTDX LS, Ventus TR S, Tipped 1" at 44.5, 9 @ 8

Ping G425 Max, Ventus TR 7, Tipped 1" at 42.5, 14.5 @ 13.5

Callaway Apex UW w/RDX Smoke Black 80S, 17 & 21

Bridgestone J38cb w/Nippon Modus 130S SS1x, 5-PW

Callaway Mack Daddy 4 S Grind w/Nippon SPB 130x SS2x, 52

Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind w/Nippon SPB 130x SS2x, 56 & 60

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

I'm looking forward to giving it a test run. I just picked up an M2 though, and for my 106SS, my #'s were really dialed in.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what guys like Koepka, Casey, Woods, Finau, etc. are hitting in 2017. Obviously most went right to TM, so if the Epic is as good as being stated, it will be interesting to watch.....

73966f2c73f5a017c057e4385e5254e8.jpg

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Well that escalated quickly

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

Well that escalated quickly

BREAKING: @TaylorMadeGolf has signed 6 free agents incl Paul Casey, Smylie Kaufman, Sueng Yul Noh, Nick Watney, Kyle Stanley, Jon Curran

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

So its all in one place...

Best Results: They only had 10.5* heads in, Diamana Whiteboard 70x (which is what my 917d3 is)

At first glance:

LOVE the look of the driver (SZ), color scheme is cool, looks nice when you look down at the top of the club, etc etc. Only thing that was a little weird was sitting the club down on the ground it would automatically sits open which is why i think i hit a consistent draw, not that big a deal though.

Feel:

Like most of you have read the club feel super solid, like the clubhead is a full piece of metal. Feels like the face is very think, due to the Jailbait, i mean Jailbreak technology (see what i did there). I personally loved the solid feeling.

Accuracy:

The one thing i noticed about the accuracy of the ball flight (at least for me) was that i consistently hit a draw. Never really missed it right at all. Which for me is okay, bc that eliminates one side of the course. If i had to aim this thing OB right, i would feel comfortable that it would come back into play. Given im not able to practice on a consistent basis, some of my numbers fluctuated, which is why we collected a big sample size.

Overall:

Im planning on getting the SZ in a 9*, which will help with some of the high spin number we were seeing, and hopefully increase accuracy. Ill have to play around with some different shaft to get the right combo, which will be okay with me, Iv been fitted for a Hzrdus Black 6.5 twice in the past, so im guessing that will be a good combo, just need to get the shaft. Also planning on getting the regular Epic 3 wood. The last 7 swings on the second pick show some 3 wood results with the t800 in a S. Felt super solid and more of a pingy sound vs the driver.

Not much more can really be said until i get some time in on the course. Ill be able to compare the Titleist and Callaway Drivers/3W's side by side. Whichever i feel more comfortable with will be my tournament choice. I really dont think you can go wrong with either one, i just saw a slight increase in ball speed with the SZ vs 917....

SZ (heavy weight in front)

20170111_155303_zpsmy84x1wj.jpg

3w

20170111_155331_zpsv84msseh.jpg

20170111_155327_zpsmr187tzb.jpg

Little spinny, but i think the 9* head will help bring those numbers down.

Epic%20SZ%2010.5%20Diamana%2070x_zpspeccajiu.jpg

Some driver and 3 wood results (last 7 are 3 wood)

Epic%20Driver%20and%203%20wood%20t800%20s_zpss0hmmg4f.jpg

Quick Video as well

https://www.instagra...aken-by=wphelps

Not sure if this really helps, but i was definitely glad i had the chance to hit it sooner rather than later.

917d3 8.5* set to c1 with Whiteboard 70x

14670680_10209282334513307_5881935271789551242_n_zpsqp0f3jgr.jpg

Old Xr 3w with Oban Kiyoshi Gold VS 917f3 Diamana 80X

Titleist%20917f3%20diamana%20whiteboard%20vs%20Callaway%20xr%20pro%20kiyoshi%20gold_zpsahr50cee.jpg

Financial Advisor (PM me)

Driver: Epic SZ 9*. Fuji Tour Spec VC 7.2 X + Tensei Orange V2 TX
Fairway Wood: Epic SZ 13.5* Hzrdus Black 6.5 85g (In search of Fuji Tour Spec VC 8.2 or Atmos Black 80 TX)
Hybrid: Titleist H2 19* w/ Whiteboard 90x (In search of Fuji Tour Spec VC)
Irons: Miura/Steel Fiber 110
Wedges: Titleist SM5 56, SM6 52
Putter: Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
Ball: ProV1x/Callaway Chrome

2015 Evo X (Full Bolt Ons)
2017 Jeep Wrangler

So its all in one place...

Best Results: They only had 10.5* heads in, Diamana Whiteboard 70x (which is what my 917d3 is)

At first glance:

LOVE the look of the driver (SZ), color scheme is cool, looks nice when you look down at the top of the club, etc etc. Only thing that was a little weird was sitting the club down on the ground it would automatically sits open which is why i think i hit a consistent draw, not that big a deal though.

Feel:

Like most of you have read the club feel super solid, like the clubhead is a full piece of metal. Feels like the face is very think, due to the Jailbait, i mean Jailbreak technology (see what i did there). I personally loved the solid feeling.

Accuracy:

The one thing i noticed about the accuracy of the ball flight (at least for me) was that i consistently hit a draw. Never really missed it right at all. Which for me is okay, bc that eliminates one side of the course. If i had to aim this thing OB right, i would feel comfortable that it would come back into play. Given im not able to practice on a consistent basis, some of my numbers fluctuated, which is why we collected a big sample size.

Overall:

Im planning on getting the SZ in a 9*, which will help with some of the high spin number we were seeing, and hopefully increase accuracy. Ill have to play around with some different shaft to get the right combo, which will be okay with me, Iv been fitted for a Hzrdus Black 6.5 twice in the past, so im guessing that will be a good combo, just need to get the shaft. Also planning on getting the regular Epic 3 wood. The last 7 swings on the second pick show some 3 wood results with the t800 in a S. Felt super solid and more of a pingy sound vs the driver.

Not much more can really be said until i get some time in on the course. Ill be able to compare the Titleist and Callaway Drivers/3W's side by side. Whichever i feel more comfortable with will be my tournament choice. I really dont think you can go wrong with either one, i just saw a slight increase in ball speed with the SZ vs 917....

SZ (heavy weight in front)

20170111_155303_zpsmy84x1wj.jpg

3w

20170111_155331_zpsv84msseh.jpg

20170111_155327_zpsmr187tzb.jpg

Little spinny, but i think the 9* head will help bring those numbers down.

Epic%20SZ%2010.5%20Diamana%2070x_zpspeccajiu.jpg

Some driver and 3 wood results (last 7 are 3 wood)

Epic%20Driver%20and%203%20wood%20t800%20s_zpss0hmmg4f.jpg

Quick Video as well

https://www.instagra...aken-by=wphelps

Not sure if this really helps, but i was definitely glad i had the chance to hit it sooner rather than later.

917d3 8.5* set to c1 with Whiteboard 70x

14670680_10209282334513307_5881935271789551242_n_zpsqp0f3jgr.jpg

Old Xr 3w with Oban Kiyoshi Gold VS 917f3 Diamana 80X

Titleist%20917f3%20diamana%20whiteboard%20vs%20Callaway%20xr%20pro%20kiyoshi%20gold_zpsahr50cee.jpg

Your a beast

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

At this moment 10 of the last 13 most recently commented on threads in this forum have to do with new Callaway offerings.....

And yet there were a number of forum posts about how Callaway don't market themselves in the right way and leak info sooner on products to create more interest...

I'm thinking they know EXACTLY what they are doing!

Finau ping G series - would out drive just about anyone even with persimmon

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

For those interested Callaway said Udesign will be available March 15th. I posted this in another thread as well, but a custom color is not worth another 2 months of waiting for me since we are seeing weather in the 60's down here in GA.

Callaway Mavrik 9* - Rogue 125 70TX
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* - Riptide 70 6.5
Cobra King 3 Utility - Kuro Kage 100X

Wilson FG Tour V6 - X100
Glide 3.0 46, 51, 56, 60 - X100
Scotty Cameron Newport 3

thx for the review

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

At this moment 10 of the last 13 most recently commented on threads in this forum have to do with new Callaway offerings.....

Unsurprising.

These are glory days for Cally. TM being sold, PING their usual conservative selves. It's a one horse race .

I wouldn't go that far. Everyone is making good stuff. It comes down to preference and performance. Cally is making great stuff, but there is more than enough love to go around.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

great info, thanks for the post

re Crossfield, can't stand the guy. Who's the best reviewer?

I hit both of the epics today and was not very impressed. The sz felt better but numbers were much worse than my 915 d3. I know part of it was a lack of shaft availability but it was enough for me to exclude the driver from my want to buy list. I will say i hit both of the callaways dead straight. It didn't matter what i did, they went straight but i was giving up lots of yardage to spin and other aspects. My d3 was consistently 285 carry spin around 2k. Also going from 44.5 to 45.5 was extremely difficult to adjust to.

I hit both of the epics today and was not very impressed. The sz felt better but numbers were much worse than my 915 d3. I know part of it was a lack of shaft availability but it was enough for me to exclude the driver from my want to buy list. I will say i hit both of the callaways dead straight. It didn't matter what i did, they went straight but i was giving up lots of yardage to spin and other aspects. My d3 was consistently 285 carry spin around 2k. Also going from 44.5 to 45.5 was extremely difficult to adjust to.

This is exactly why it's important to get fit. Albeit it wasn't apples to apples since it sounds like they didn't have shafts that fit you or a comparable shaft length. I have that same issue since I am short and can't deal with those 45.5" stocks, last time I was fitted we were using 3w shafts. Amazing how much better I was hitting the ball, just with that.

Curious if you were making quality contact. Either way, I'm sure that most of us would be happy to say "I don't need to go out and buy another driver."

Did you ask or did they have a Fusion 44.5 shaft in?

Sucks that it would be taken off the list without trying to find a way to get it close to your gamer.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

I did an extensive test today comparing the Epic SZ to:

- my Cobra King Ltd.

- the new M2 and M1

- Ping G

The Epic had the Hazrdous "R" flex,the King Ltd.the Rogue Black "R" flex, the M1 and M2 the Fuji Pro "R" flex, the G the Alta R flex, all set at 10.5*. The King Ltd was still the longest by seven yards and was on average 3-5 yards more accurate, +/- six yards off line. Launch angles were similar, between 12 and 14 degrees.

All are excellent drivers and your results may be quite different.

The Epic had the second best feel at impact.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke Max 10*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Cleveland Launcher DST 15*, Diamana Red 64 R
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft