2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Want To Buy Section - Are people just wasting others time ?

Tzoid

For me, the problem was that I only use the mobile app and can't close the post. So I get an endless amount of messages to my inbox that I have to respond to until I stop trying to respond. I wish they would fix the mobile app again.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

The flip side of this is that I have posted in WTB and have purchased many items that I couldn't find anywhere else. My Srixon Den Caddy being one of them.

We have way more members that get that being courteous and responding is the right thing to do than the ones that don't so I'll chalk this all up as part

of how society as a whole is. Good People and not so good people.

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

I think most people that post in there expect you to give away your clubs to them

This site has changed for the worse dramatically since I 1st signed up.

Originally had a bunch of guys with unique/ tour issue items that were bought and sold at Fair

Prices.

Now 10% of the WTB POSTS contain the word CHEAP.

That's what you have now a small group 10-20% that are CHEAP A**es, ruining it for the rest.

I think most people that post in there expect you to give away your clubs to them

Originally had a bunch of guys with unique/ tour issue items that were bought and sold at Fair

Prices.

That's what you have now a small group 10-20% that are CHEAP A**es, ruining it for the rest.

I agree 100%, back in 2007 things were much different indeed. Offerings were mostly unique.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Prices.

While I agree that there are issues in the BST I hardly think the site is ruined because of it.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Prices.

If I know that I can't pay top dollar for what I'm looking for, I'll state that in the ad. That way, if someone is looking to get top dollar, I've hopefully saved them some time.

For instance, I was recently looking for an Epic head to bridge the gap from now until Epic Flash is available. I wanted to pay $100 and stated that in my ad, and didn't care about condition. They were roughly selling for $120-150 on eBay. I had one member offer me a head for a lot more than I was willing to pay. But another member came in and got me what I was looking for at exactly what I wanted to spend. Smooth as silk. I was up front and he must have just wanted to get rid of what he had.

I've had good luck with the WTB section as a buyer. Don't know if I've ever sold anything through it though.

My only issue with the BST system as a whole seems to be the fact that traffic and interest seems to have gone down the last few years. Even with eBay fees, I typically net more $$ selling there when selling something that is some demand. Often times here, my ads drop off into Oblivion with no action. After a few days, I'll list it on eBay and get a sale pretty quickly.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

I haven't even bothered to waste any time in WTB in many years. Either they are looking to get something for nothing, trade even when their posting clearly said cash ready, or didn't bother to respond.

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

I have too many extra clubs to sell to put up ads on BST so I browse the WTB hoping to find a match. My reply is always brief. If they’re still interested, we go back & forth with pics & prices from there. My success rate this year is about 1/25 though. I avoid those that contain the word “cheap” because it’s not worth my time if they’re going to haggle endlessly.

Epic Speed 9* (VeloCore Blue 6S)

SIM2 Ti 15* (Tour AD BB 6SR)

Apex UW 19* (MMT 70S)

0311XP Gen3 4-PW (Accra 90i S)

Vokey Forged 52 

Vokey Forged Black 58.12K 

HiToe 64* 
WHP 7CS

TP5x

I don't disagree about the WTB... but if someone says they want it cheap, you should know what to expect and not bother responding if you don't want to sell cheap. Pretty simple really right?

While we're at it we could pick at the BST because it's become the polar opposite much of the time... many items listed at prices no one is going to pay ... on the other hand there are still plenty of exceptions too with some great sellers\members here so all in all it's all worthwhile I guess.

I don't disagree about the WTB... but if someone says they want it cheap, you should know what to expect and not bother responding if you don't want to sell cheap. Pretty simple really right?

While we're at it we could pick at the BST because it's become the polar opposite much of the time... many items listed at prices no one is going to pay ... on the other hand there are still plenty of exceptions too with some great sellers\members here so all in all it's all worthwhile I guess.

I was amazed to see a few used G400's listed asking for new prices. Well after the price dropped.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

I agree the section should really be called, Wanted to Buy Dirt Cheap or No Deal.

Aren't the BST ads responded to in the same way? Just wondering

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

I saw one reply that said someone posted WTB Ad description as " CHEAP " . That's rarely the case .....go over and take a look. I started the Topic and my recent experience was with a Guy that has created two identical WTB posts in a week and not one mention that he want's a "CHEAP" set of Srixon Irons. Is a "Like New " 4-PW Z765 with Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts for $ 550.00 shipped a crazy high asking price.... Before you answer check eBay and other forums to see pricing.

Replying "No Thanks" takes a huge undertaking for some but this clown had the time and energy to create a new WTB Ad so maybe he has time to waste.

Titleist Pro V1x

I saw one reply that said someone posted WTB Ad description as " CHEAP " . That's rarely the case .....go over and take a look. I started the Topic and my recent experience was with a Guy that has created two identical WTB posts in a week and not one mention that he want's a "CHEAP" set of Srixon Irons. Is a "Like New " 4-PW Z765 with Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts for $ 550.00 shipped a crazy high asking price.... Before you answer check eBay and other forums to see pricing.

Replying "No Thanks" takes a huge undertaking for some but this clown had the time and energy to create a new WTB Ad so maybe he has time to waste.

I can't disagree with you at all really... there is a lot of exactly what you point out in the WTB section. But I was really just wanting to indicate that I don't think it's just a WTB thing... there are just some unrealistic postings here when it comes either buying or selling.

I think when he said "cheap" it meant that you were supposed to message him asking for his shipping address and ship it to him on your own dime. don't forget to purchase insurance too because if it gets lost you will need to get the money back and give it to him. all for the price of $0.00

Some people are a bit ridiculous lately but it has always been pretty much a buyer's market.

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Tensei Pro Orange 6S
Taylormade M3 15* // Tensei Pro Orange 7s
Taylormade M3 Rescue // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*
Scotty Cameron 350g Milspec

• 7 months later...

I have to bubble this thread back up.... A member posts WTB OnOff Kuro Irons..... These are like Hens teeth but I happen to have a set 6-PW in "like New" condition. I send a message and he ignores me......... Why Waste peoples time ??? This Forum has some serious idiots these days and it seems to be getting worse.

Titleist Pro V1x

> @Tzoid said:

> I have to bubble this thread back up.... A member posts WTB OnOff Kuro Irons..... These are like Hens teeth but I happen to have a set 6-PW in "like New" condition. I send a message and he ignores me......... Why Waste peoples time ??? This Forum has some serious idiots these days and it seems to be getting worse.

Preach. I just did the dance with some guy who wanted a pretty specific club. I have an unhit one that I offered for less than any site sells it in average used condition. Pictures, details, all the key questions back and forth. When it comes time to seal the deal, he up and disappears like a fart in the wind. So baffling.

• Like 1

> @"Olde Maroon" said:

> > @Tzoid said:

> > I have to bubble this thread back up.... A member posts WTB OnOff Kuro Irons..... These are like Hens teeth but I happen to have a set 6-PW in "like New" condition. I send a message and he ignores me......... Why Waste peoples time ??? This Forum has some serious idiots these days and it seems to be getting worse.

>

> Preach. I just did the dance with some guy who wanted a pretty specific club. I have an unhit one that I offered for less than any site sells it in average used condition. Pictures, details, all the key questions back and forth. When it comes time to seal the deal, he up and disappears like a **** in the wind. So baffling.

This seems to be Happening a lot. If your not going to reply when you’re looking for something it really wastes people’s time. Not necessary. Close the wtb ad and let everyone know your not looking.

All Clubs subject to change relative to my last bad round of golf......

I’ve always used the WTB section for items that are rare, difficult to obtain and/or older items that a seller may not list but that I want. In my opinion people posting WTB threads looking for readily available items (like Srixon 700 series irons) are not willing to pay BST prices and are looking to steal a set from a seller in a 1 on 1 market place. As such, I never respond to WTB posts when the item they’re looking for is for sale in the BST.

> @Tzoid said:

> Dpavs wrote:

>

>

>

> I don't disagree about the WTB... but if someone says they want it cheap, you should know what to expect and not bother responding if you don't want to sell cheap. Pretty simple really right?

>

>

>

> While we're at it we could pick at the BST because it's become the polar opposite much of the time... many items listed at prices no one is going to pay ... on the other hand there are still plenty of exceptions too with some great sellers\members here so all in all it's all worthwhile I guess.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I saw one reply that said someone posted WTB Ad description as " CHEAP " . That's rarely the case .....go over and take a look. I started the Topic and my recent experience was with a Guy that has created two identical WTB posts in a week and not one mention that he want's a "CHEAP" set of Srixon Irons. Is a "Like New " 4-PW Z765 with Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts for $ 550.00 shipped a crazy high asking price.... Before you answer check eBay and other forums to see pricing.

>

>

>

> Replying "No Thanks" takes a huge undertaking for some but this clown had the time and energy to create a new WTB Ad so maybe he has time to waste.

Replying to a WTB...should be priced way under ebay, not over. You are saving fees, time posting and pics. Where else would you sell it...garage sale, play it again sports, trade in...good luck on getting anything for it then.

> @Tzoid said:

> I have to bubble this thread back up.... A member posts WTB OnOff Kuro Irons..... These are like Hens teeth but I happen to have a set 6-PW in "like New" condition. I send a message and he ignores me......... Why Waste peoples time ??? This Forum has some serious idiots these days and it seems to be getting worse.

Hes an idiot just because dude didn't respond or buy your clubs?

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

> @bubbagump said:

> > @Tzoid said:

> > I have to bubble this thread back up.... A member posts WTB OnOff Kuro Irons..... These are like Hens teeth but I happen to have a set 6-PW in "like New" condition. I send a message and he ignores me......... Why Waste peoples time ??? This Forum has some serious idiots these days and it seems to be getting worse.

>

Common courtesy is not too much to expect when you open a WTB post...... I have and always respond to anyone that takes the time to reply to my request.

Titleist Pro V1x

Agree with Tzoid. Yes he is an idiot for not having the common decency to reply AT ALL. Note I did not say buy the sticks. A simple reply is all.

I just responded to a member who posted a WTB for a specific shaft. I had the item. I got a reply which said they needed to unload some items first, lol. I left the conversation. Waste of time.

Aerojet 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

I use the WTB often but then again I’m never looking for something insanely specific like a lot of people tend to do (Brand new or Mint MP-14s in original box with tour issued senior flex graphite shafts ONLY!).

And I will most always respond even if it’s a simple “thanks for the offer, I found something already”. As stated before, I think it’s become more of a “looking for something for dirt cheap or free” rather than “I’d like this and I’m willing to pay a fair price for it” kind of market.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

> @indianwoodpro said:

> Backsidefloater wrote:

>

>

>

> I think most people that post in there expect you to give away your clubs to them

>

>

>

>

>

>

> This site has changed for the worse dramatically since I 1st signed up.

>

> Originally had a bunch of guys with unique/ tour issue items that were bought and sold at Fair

>

> Prices.

>

> Now 10% of the WTB POSTS contain the word CHEAP.

>

> That's what you have now a small group 10-20% that are CHEAP A**es, ruining it for the rest.

I don't say cheap, but do say "do not want to pay new or ebay prices" cause most of the time people respond with new prices for used items or prices way above globalgolf, callawaypreowned and ebay. That goes for BST sellers as well. I am amazed at the pricing in BST. Half the time it seems like sellers don't really want to sell and just hope someone grabs an item way above the going rate.

I think you would get the interested buyers attention by sending an email and say “I have what you’re looking for...what do you need/want to pay?”

And then just leave it at that and let him reply. Don’t list the specifics and be broad like them lol.

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Tensei Pro Orange 6S
Taylormade M3 15* // Tensei Pro Orange 7s
Taylormade M3 Rescue // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*
Scotty Cameron 350g Milspec