** OFFICIAL REVIEW: MITSUBISHI MMT Iron Shafts ***** FINAL REVIEW Post #2 is UP

J13

23 minutes ago, nitram said:

That doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

I agree, seems very reasonable to me. Now I have to decide soft step or not.

[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Driver: Mizuno st180 - Diamana Bf60x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]3 wood: Callaway rogue sz - GD Tour AD-DI 7x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Hybrid: Callaway Rogue 19* - GD Tour AD-DI 85x ---Testing Srixon H85 veylix rome 988x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]2-Iron: PXG 0311x extreme dark - KBS Tour prototype hybrid 95s+[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Irons: Mizuno JPX919 Tour 5-pw - Project x lz 6.5[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Wedges: Mizuno T7 52&58 - KBS Custom Black Wedge shafts[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Putter: Toulon Atlanta Garage All black[/size][/font][/i]

On 10/8/2020 at 4:13 PM, MizunoMade said:

I agree, seems very reasonable to me. Now I have to decide soft step or not.

Put a order in yesterday. Miura tc-210/Mc-501 combo with mmt 125tx soft stepped and bbf and co ferrules 😍

• Like 1

[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Driver: Mizuno st180 - Diamana Bf60x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]3 wood: Callaway rogue sz - GD Tour AD-DI 7x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Hybrid: Callaway Rogue 19* - GD Tour AD-DI 85x ---Testing Srixon H85 veylix rome 988x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]2-Iron: PXG 0311x extreme dark - KBS Tour prototype hybrid 95s+[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Irons: Mizuno JPX919 Tour 5-pw - Project x lz 6.5[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Wedges: Mizuno T7 52&58 - KBS Custom Black Wedge shafts[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Putter: Toulon Atlanta Garage All black[/size][/font][/i]

5 hours ago, MizunoMade said:

Put a order in yesterday. Miura tc-210/Mc-501 combo with mmt 125tx soft stepped and bbf and co ferrules 😍

Β 

Have to say that setup sounds sick.Β :partytime2:

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6XΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7XΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////Β  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60TΒ / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Β 

Β 

2 hours ago, J13 said:

Β 

Have to say that setup sounds sick.Β :partytime2:

Β 

I agree!

First time I go so exclusive and get the exact build I want πŸ™‚

• Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 2:53 PM, J13 said:

What MMT is that?

If this was for me its the 105TX soft stepped once. Need to back again and get a bigger sample size.

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53Β 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

Β 

Had these built by SUMM1T on here...clubs are amazing. Wanted these shafts and this thread got meΒ to try the heads out, felt better than anything else I tried and I think I hit like 10-12 different heads that day. Previously played Recoil 125 F5 for 3-4 seasons, tested some steel here and there and was convinced the Recoils weren’t great in the wind. These are better on all levels as has been discussed here already.Β 
Β 

I don’t get what’s going on with the image flip...I edited them and rotated and they were still flipped. Oh well...here they are:Β 

Β 

25308D9F-A828-430E-BA2F-609BD74F4210.jpeg

ADA1FE6E-3DCB-4957-B564-312777AE40A7.jpeg

B811039C-7ABC-4B56-86CC-9CDD635ED7AA.jpeg

Edited by 27x10.5
  • Like 3

On 10/2/2020 at 6:06 PM, Yzmerf said:

Β Got to do a trackman session today. 6 Iron has the MMT and the 7 and 5 are X100TI. Did you find a bit of adjustment period. The feel isn’t different enough to justify this. By the way i think i have a broken aimer when i get on a monitor. Everything is always pushed!!

DA8762AE-7BE3-4450-81FD-2E0FE581AC9E.png

Which color is which?

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted)Β DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5Β 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMOΒ 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

On 10/17/2020 at 5:20 PM, 27x10.5 said:

Had these built by SUMM1T on here...clubs are amazing. Wanted these shafts and this thread got meΒ to try the heads out, felt better than anything else I tried and I think I hit like 10-12 different heads that day. Previously played Recoil 125 F5 for 3-4 seasons, tested some steel here and there and was convinced the Recoils weren’t great in the wind. These are better on all levels as has been discussed here already.Β 
Β 

I don’t get what’s going on with the image flip...I edited them and rotated and they were still flipped. Oh well...here they are:Β 

Β 

25308D9F-A828-430E-BA2F-609BD74F4210.jpeg

ADA1FE6E-3DCB-4957-B564-312777AE40A7.jpeg

B811039C-7ABC-4B56-86CC-9CDD635ED7AA.jpeg

Β 

Β 

That's a nice setup there.Β  MMT's continue to impress me.Β  I actually hit a buddy's 7 iron on the range which had an X100 in it.Β  I hit maybe 10-12 balls and then went back to my 7 iron with the MMT and immediately remembered why i'm not going back to steel.Β  The feel was night and day for me.Β  MMT makes a forged iron feel even better and zero vibrations.Β Β 

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

Β 

20 hours ago, Wardonation said:

Which color is which?

Yellow is 7, blue is 6 with the MMT, brown is the 5

• Like 1

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53Β 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

Β 

@Awainer1Β haha love it

Edel PROTO

Β 

Just had my new Miura TC-201 built with MMT Tour 105s and BBF&Co ferrules and holy hell do these these swing weight HEAVY. At 38”, my 5 iron is D6 and my 7 iron is D7. 🀣

Β 

I know Miura are always on the heavy side, but they are sledgehammers. Time to tinker with shorter lengths to get these swing weights down. Regardless though, loved the feel and performance of these in my 919 Tour so just a matter of getting these right.Β 

Has anybody played Project X LZ 6.0 shafts before switching to the MMT? If yes, which weight / stiffness did you choose?

Β 

I play in my back-up set the MCA OT-I shafts in 105S and like the feel but they seem a bit weak. In my β€œgamers” I play the Project X shafts mentioned above but would like to go back to graphite, and was thinking about the MMT 105TX, as they are more or less the same weight than the Project X I currently play. I’m just scared that it would be too stiff for me.Β 
Β 

Unfortunately I have no possibility to try them, therefore any input would be appreciated.

Β 

Thanks.

I am interested in this shaft.Β  I have been playing graphite for 10 years due to elbow tendonitis that required surgery.Β  I start with Recoils,Β  then went to Steelfibers, then to Fujikura Pro Tour Spec shafts.Β  I liked them all.Β  I think the Steelfibers had the best dispersion, but were also the shortest of the 3.Β  I am looking at the MMT's for my next set.Β  Thanks for all the great reviews.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

7 hours ago, Mob said:

I am interested in this shaft.Β  I have been playing graphite for 10 years due to elbow tendonitis that required surgery.Β  I start with Recoils,Β  then went to Steelfibers, then to Fujikura Pro Tour Spec shafts.Β  I liked them all.Β  I think the Steelfibers had the best dispersion, but were also the shortest of the 3.Β  I am looking at the MMT's for my next set.Β  Thanks for all the great reviews.

Β 

In the past 7 years I've "tinkered" with modern graphite shafts knowing I'd eventually move in that direction sooner than later out of necessity. I'd buildΒ a 7 iron with each shaft (including those you've listed) and to also include Accra iΒ series Tour. In all honesty they all possessed positive qualities but in the end weren't "just right" for me and didn't quite produce the accuracy of steel. While the differences were small and subtle it wasn't enough to make a change.Β 

Β 

I've always been a Fujikura shaft fan with Accra being a close 2nd and MCI a not-so-distant 3rd. I played their 1st gen WB and BB flower bands for a decade. While I liked the Fuji Pro Tour Spec 115 more than the others I still couldn't get that steel feel of the X100 I've preferred for the past two decades. The Fuji MCI is a great shaft that I probably could've bagged but they weren't heavy enough. I do prefer this model in their wedge shaft and have recently switched to it over the S400.

Β 

So when MCI introduced the MMT 125TX shafts, I was excited. I grabbed the first one I could fit into a 7 iron and gave it a whirl. The first thing I noticed was there was very little difference in the way it feels compared to my X100. It's been said they designed this shaft to resemble the X100 and whether that's true or not, they feel and act closer to the X100 more than any other shaft I've sampled. It's just a smoother version that's easier onΒ my wrists and elbowsΒ during a range session or round. The performance was almost on par as the distance and SS were exactly the same while the dispersion was a little better and the spin was reduced by around 150-200 rpm.Β 

Β 

After building a set of PING S55 5-P in them and playing them for a month consisting of a few range sessions and 19 rounds I made the decision to soft-step them 1 time. I was kind of on the fence about it because my scores weren't impacted negatively at all,Β but decided to do so simply because I am slowing down and was building them for the future. After playing them this way for the past 3 months I am really glad I did. It made them more marginally more consistent in distance and dispersion, and feel great.

Β 

Just lastΒ week I was digging through some of my old iron sets and came across a set of MIURA CB57's 5-P that I'd somehow overlooked. I pulled the X100's and soft-stepped them 1 time with the MMT 125TX andΒ No.1 Pro 50 grips. I took them for a test round on Wednesday and had forgotten how well these irons perform and how much I like them. So after another range session and 9 practiceΒ holes the next day I put them in the bag. I played a 2-day tournament over the weekend and my approach shots were a scosche better with me hitting 14 and 13Β GIR respectively. While the heads are as good as I remember, addingΒ the shafts is what sets this combo apart from anything else I've tried.Β 

Β 

I'll close by saying these shafts work for me, better than any non-steel I've tried in delivering the same results of the X100, only smoother. If you can keep the ball closer to the center of the face you won't notice a difference. If you can't it'll take most of the sting out and but you'll still know you hit a bad shot. I definitely believe it's worth you giving it a try. I know I'm glad I did.

Β 

Β 

Edited by nitram
  • Like 1

Β 

Β 

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

Β 

5 minutes ago, nitram said:

Β 

In the past 7 years I've "tinkered" with modern graphite shafts knowing I'd eventually move in that direction sooner than later out of necessity. I'd buildΒ a 7 iron with each shaft (including those you've listed) and to also include Accra iΒ series Tour. In all honesty they all possessed positive qualities but in the end weren't "just right" for me and didn't quite produce the accuracy of steel. While the differences were small and subtle it wasn't enough to make a change.Β 

Β 

I've always been a Fujikura shaft fan with Accra being a close 2nd and MCI a not-so-distant 3rd. I played their 1st gen WB and BB flower bands for a decade. While I liked the Fuji Pro Tour Spec 115 more than the others I still couldn't get that steel feel of the X100 I've preferred for the past two decades.Β 

Β 

So when MCI introduced the MMT 125TX shafts, I was excited. I grabbed the first one I could fit into a 7 iron and gave it a whirl. The first thing I noticed was there was very little difference in the way it feels compared to my X100. It's been said they designed this shaft to resemble the X100 and whether that's true or not, they feel and act closer to the X100 more than any other shaft I've sampled. It's just a smoother version that's easier onΒ my wrists and elbowsΒ during a range session or round. The performance was almost on par as the distance and SS were exactly the same while the dispersion was a little better and the spin was reduced by around 150-200 rpm.Β 

Β 

After building a set of PING S55 5-P in them and playing them for a month consisting of a few range sessions and 19 rounds I made the decision to soft-step them 1 time. I was kind of on the fence about it because my scores weren't impacted negatively at all,Β but decided to do so simply because I am slowing down and was building them for the future. After playing them this way for the past 3 months I am really glad I did. It made them more marginally more consistent in distance and dispersion, and feel great.

Β 

Just lastΒ week I was digging through some of my old iron sets and came across a set of MIURA CB57's 5-P that I'd somehow overlooked. I pulled the X100's and soft-stepped them 1 time with the MMT 125TX andΒ No.1 Pro 50 grips. I took them for a test round on Wednesday and had forgotten how well these irons perform and how much I like them. So after another range session and 9 practiceΒ holes the next day I put them in the bag. I played a 2-day tournament over the weekend and my approach shots were a scosche better with me hitting 14 and 13Β GIR respectively. While the heads are as good as I remember, addingΒ the shafts is what sets this combo apart from anything else I've tried.Β 

Β 

I'll close by saying these shafts work for me, better than any non-steel I've tried in delivering the same results of the X100, only smoother. If you can keep the ball closer to the center of the face you won't notice a difference. If you can't it'll take most of the sting out and but you'll still know you hit a bad shot. I definitely believe it's worth you giving it a try. I know I'm glad I did.

Β 

Β 

Thanks for sharing.Β  I also had the Accra i Tour shafts in a couple of sets and liked them as well.Β  They had a firmer feel to them, but good consistency for me.Β  I will definitely give these MMT shafts a try next season, when I buy new irons.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

On 10/10/2020 at 8:10 PM, Nic1972 said:

Please post some pictures once you receive the clubs!

Here are some pictures that they posted on their ig account. Get them on Tuesday.

Β 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG2lr42lx1g/?igshid=vicni3u7b24a

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MizunoMade said:

Here are some pictures that they posted on their ig account. Get them on Tuesday.

Β 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG2lr42lx1g/?igshid=vicni3u7b24a

Awesome looking.Β  Did a similar thing.Β  TC-201 (4-6), MB-101 (7-PW) with the MMT 105TX (ss*1).Β  Couldn't be happier.Β Β 

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9ΒΊ (8.25ΒΊ) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16ΒΊ w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21ΒΊ w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons:Β Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51ΒΊ, 56ΒΊ, 61ΒΊ w/ Modus 120s (toΒ  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318Β Deep Milled

On 10/27/2020 at 1:50 PM, nitram said:

Β 

Β 

I've always been a Fujikura shaft fan with Accra being a close 2nd and MCI a not-so-distant 3rd. I played their 1st gen WB and BB flower bands for a decade. While I liked the Fuji Pro Tour Spec 115 more than the others I still couldn't get that steel feel of the X100 I've preferred for the past two decades. The Fuji MCI is a great shaft that I probably could've bagged but they weren't heavy enough. I do prefer this model in their wedge shaft and have recently switched to it over the S400.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Thanks for sharing your feedback.Β  MMT was designed after the X100 in profile for one simple reason, the X100 is the goat of steel shafts.Β  I've found the same thing with regards to performance and my body thanks me for it.Β  No more wrist pain or elbow issues.Β Β 

• Like 2

Edel PROTO

Β 

I am wondering if anyone has come from the Recoil 95 F3Β model to the MMT 85g regular flex? Β With the MMT been the stockΒ graphite shaft in the new Callaway ForgedΒ CB and MB I am wondering if this is a good transition. I always like tighter dispersion so it might be a win-win asΒ I’m not getting any younger. Appreciate any thoughts or experiences if someone may have texted or madeΒ such a switch. Β Where I live there is no where to test theseΒ shafts.

On 11/2/2020 at 4:34 PM, J13 said:

Β 

Thanks for sharing your feedback.Β  MMT was designed after the X100 in profile for one simple reason, the X100 is the goat of steel shafts.Β  I've found the same thing with regards to performance and my body thanks me for it.Β  No more wrist pain or elbow issues.Β Β 

Would you say the 125TX plays identical to the X100 in terms of stiffness?Β  I had the 105 S hardstepped and loved them.Β  But, I typically play better with a heavier shaft.Β  I thought about either SS the 125TX or the 105TX to get the weight closer.Β  I am just concerned about how stiff they would be.Β  I can swing X100 SS1, maybe even straight in.Β  Thoughts?

6 minutes ago, BigD said:

Would you say the 125TX plays identical to the X100 in terms of stiffness?Β  I had the 105 S hardstepped and loved them.Β  But, I typically play better with a heavier shaft.Β  I thought about either SS the 125TX or the 105TX to get the weight closer.Β  I am just concerned about how stiff they would be.Β  I can swing X100 SS1, maybe even straight in.Β  Thoughts?

Β 

I'll say yes. As close as any other shaft (steel and/or Graphite) you will find.

Β 

Β 

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

Β 

On 11/2/2020 at 5:34 PM, J13 said:

Β 

How would you compare the MMT 125TX to PX 6.5? I’ve tried X100 multiple times and like the feel but my dispersion isn’t great and tend to hit the odd pull with them thus why I’ve been a PX player but am interested in the 125TX but don’t know how it would translate.Β 

7 hours ago, budcangolf said:

How would you compare the MMT 125TX to PX 6.5? I’ve tried X100 multiple times and like the feel but my dispersion isn’t great and tend to hit the odd pull with them thus why I’ve been a PX player but am interested in the 125TX but don’t know how it would translate.Β 

its been a long time since I played px 6.5 but I will say the 125tx is a little more stout than dgx100. Β 

Edel PROTO

Β 

On 10/25/2020 at 10:28 PM, racmbs said:

Just had my new Miura TC-201 built with MMT Tour 105s and BBF&Co ferrules and holy hell do these these swing weight HEAVY. At 38”, my 5 iron is D6 and my 7 iron is D7. 🀣

Β 

I know Miura are always on the heavy side, but they are sledgehammers. Time to tinker with shorter lengths to get these swing weights down. Regardless though, loved the feel and performance of these in my 919 Tour so just a matter of getting these right.Β 

This is the reason I had to get rid of my apex pro with MMT 105s, they swing weighted between D4 & D5. I typically play between between D1 & D2. When my swing was on they were better than any other graphite shaft I have tried. If it was cold and I was not swinging well they were very low smother hooks. I have tried going shorter I the past but that did not work out for me so I didn’t touch the lengths, I play best at standard 38” 5 iron. Had to sell them, going to get fit for something else in the spring.

Dr:Β TSi3 10Β Ventus Red 6s

F: TS2 16.5 Ventus Red 7s

H: 915h 18 and 24 diamanaΒ s+

I: P770 5-PWΒ Steelfiber i95s

W: MG3 49, 54, 58 dg115

P: Scotty Cameron FlowbackΒ 5.5 w/ Β  Β  Β custom CT Tour shaftΒ (custom red,white,blue paint fill with stars & stripes headcover)

B: BX / TP5XΒ 

Titleist headΒ weights are lightΒ if you’re looking for lighter swing weights. Otherwise you can always portΒ out the hoselsΒ of the Miuras.Β 

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* with GD Tour AD VF 5 stiff untipped

Taylormade Burner Mini 13.5* with GD Tour AD VF 6 stiff untippedΒ 

Ping i530 4-P,U with Fujikura Axiom 125xΒ 

Ping s159 wedges 52s, 56s, 60h with Fujikura Axiom 125x

Odyssey Ai One Milled Eight T S

2024 Callaway TourΒ 
Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag