Scotty Cameron 2021?

CW13

35/350, 34/360 and 33/370 is Scotty’s current weighting matrix for his Special Select and Phantom lines. 

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

21 hours ago, bsmithphoto13 said:

It seems like most stores start selling them as soon as they receive them in their system. When I was at the store yesterday they would have sold me any of the models if they were my specs. Hope that your store has the new model for you, good luck!

My store just got their shipment in on Wednesday. The guy I spoke with was surprised no one but them out on the rack for display yet. When I went to the store around 430 yesterday they had all the new models out for display. Hit probably 20 putts or so and was sold. Putter set up great, had a solid feel, and seemed I was striking the ball pretty well. I was the first person to buy the putter. He kind of laughed when I asked about purchasing it yesterday instead of the actual release today. I asked since I saw someone in a previous post could not purchase it until tomorrow. 

Edited by krtgolfing

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

1 minute ago, awtryau89 said:

Got an 11 33" bone stock on the way. Shipping shows it will be here Monday and its killing me because I called around and could have gotten the same putter yesterday or today and played with it this weekend. Oh well....1st world GolfWRX issues. I'll try to be patient.

Haha I definitely understand that problem, I got the call that my 5.5 came in yesterday as I was pulling into the course to play... now I have to patiently wait for the store to open this morning before I can get it...

Picked up my 5.5 (34") yesterday when the shop called and said it arrived a day earlier than they expected, already had a round set up that evening for night golf so it worked out perfectly. It felt great, very solid feedback/feel and rolled well. Just going to need to adjust to it a bit from previously gaming a Spider X small slant neck. So far after one round I would say obviously the Spider X is a little easier to line up and softer feel but the 5.5 is also soft and much better feel/feedback overall. Feel like I have more touch and distance/pace control with the 5.5 over the Spider X as well. This will be my new gamer for a long time. I am considering switching to a Super Stroke Pistol GT 1.0 grip on my 5.5 as I really like the feel of that grip but will play a few more rounds with the stock one first. Anyone considering switching shafts to a KBS CT Tour Shaft or another one? Ohh the shop owner also had a JT one also, the heads are identical just minus the JT branding/logo on it which I didn't want to begin with and the slightly more raw welding marks where the neck attaches. 

15 minutes ago, K-Hook said:

Picked up my 5.5 (34") yesterday when the shop called and said it arrived a day earlier than they expected, already had a round set up that evening for night golf so it worked out perfectly. It felt great, very solid feedback/feel and rolled well. Just going to need to adjust to it a bit from previously gaming a Spider X small slant neck. So far after one round I would say obviously the Spider X is a little easier to line up and softer feel but the 5.5 is also soft and much better feel/feedback overall. Feel like I have more touch and distance/pace control with the 5.5 over the Spider X as well. This will be my new gamer for a long time. I am considering switching to a Super Stroke Pistol GT 1.0 grip on my 5.5 as I really like the feel of that grip but will play a few more rounds with the stock one first. Anyone considering switching shafts to a KBS CT Tour Shaft or another one? Ohh the shop owner also had a JT one also, the heads are identical just minus the JT branding/logo on it which I didn't want to begin with and the slightly more raw welding marks where the neck attaches. 

Put a superstroke on my 5.5 and it came to like.  The stock grip was ok, but really didin't enjoy the skinny profile with the large heel.

• Like 1

PING G430 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

Mizuno ST-G 15* Tour AD DI 7X

Titleist TSR2 18* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT115X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM10 48F 53D 58D

Evnroll ER2

Titleist ProV1

38 minutes ago, K-Hook said:

You won't be able to put on a kbs ct tour due to the tip size. I will be putting on a .390 stability tour once my epoxy comes in the mail today. Someone else earlier on this forum put on a .395 black shaft they purchased from eBay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Put a superstroke on my 5.5 and it came to like.  The stock grip was ok, but really didin't enjoy the skinny profile with the large heel.

Im in the same boat, I just picked mine up and love the putter head and feel but hate the grip. Just not a fan of the large heel, thinking about putting a Lamkin deep etched or going full JT and putting the SS Pistol GT Tour on, having a hard time deciding! What SS grip did you go with?

1 hour ago, bsmithphoto13 said:

Im in the same boat, I just picked mine up and love the putter head and feel but hate the grip. Just not a fan of the large heel, thinking about putting a Lamkin deep etched or going full JT and putting the SS Pistol GT Tour on, having a hard time deciding! What SS grip did you go with?

I'm going to give the stock grip a chance (it is noticeable larger in the top hand compared to the grip on the Special Selects from last year and so I like that part) but I'll probably pull it for a SS Pistol GT 1.0 eventually since that is what I invariably end up with on every putter that I regularly game. 

Like most have said I ordered my 5.5 stock 35" thru Dick's website on Sunday evening.  Order status still says being processed but my FedEx account just updated and said it will be delivered tomorrow.   Which is awesome because I'm playing Sunday morning!

Callaway Paradym TD          9°   Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60

Callaway Paradym TD 3+     13.5°  Mitsubishi Kai'li White 70

Callaway Apex UW        19°   Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75

Callaway Apex TCB       4-AW  Project X

Callaway Jaws Raw      54°S ,60°Z True Temper DG Spinner 

Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide

Callaway Chrome Tour

17 hours ago, tjhanch said:

I emailed Titleist a bit ago and they said it'd be 352 grams.  Hopefully someone can pull a head and confirm tho.  

Thanks for the info - and Tilasan I appreciate the pics above to confirm.

Edited by newportbeach

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

I canceled my pre-order for the 5.5. I wasn't going to wait until late April for a stock club but I also found the exact same model during lunch in a local Golf Galaxy so I was able to demo it for a bit. I don't know that I like it as much as I thought I would. No point in letting another company hold my money for another 30 days if I'm not committed to this being the right thing for me.

I picked up a 5.5 today. I went to the store probably knowing I'd walk out with one but after putting with it for about 30 mins it was a no brainer. Put on a Pistol GTR 1.0 right away and boy this is gonna be my gamer all year. Perfect blend between my White OG 7 and Special Select NP2.

D - TSR3 | Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W - Stealth+ | Ventus Blue 7X

5W - TSR2 | AD DI 8X

4H - TSR2 | AD DI 9X

5-PW - MP-223 | PX LZ 6.5

50/55/60 - MG4 | DG TI S400

P - Studio Stainless NP2 350g

B - ProV1x

B - Linksmaster

4 hours ago, K-Hook said:

Nice, which superstroke grip did you go with?

My usual Tour 2.0. No counterweight for now

PING G430 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

Mizuno ST-G 15* Tour AD DI 7X

Titleist TSR2 18* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT115X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM10 48F 53D 58D

Evnroll ER2

Titleist ProV1

1 hour ago, kwainio said:

and boy this is gonna be my gamer all year. 

If I had a nickel.... Haha

To be fair, I've made this statement more times than I can count. Only to switch putters a week later. I will likely be making said statement once again when my 5.5 arrives on Monday. 

• Haha 2

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

went to RD today and rolled a stock 34" 5.5....20 mins later i was at the register putting in my custom order lol....stock pistolero plus was too skinny and awkward...going with a matador Large with more loft and flatter. felt really solid off the face, better than my toulon las vegas

Edited by 1putt2win2

Anyone have hands on with an 11.5? I was able to roll the 11 when I picked up my 5.5 and really liked the feel of it but I tend to like something with a little bit of toe hang like the 5.5. I cant seem to find the amount of toe hang that the 11.5 has and no shops near me have one. 

1 hour ago, 1putt2win2 said:

went to RD today and rolled a stock 34" 5.5....20 mins later i was at the register putting in my custom order lol....stock pistolero plus was too skinny and awkward...going with a matador Large with more loft and flatter. felt really solid off the face, better than my toulon las vegas

Did they tell you it was on backorder until April 21st?

G430 Max 10K

G430 LST 3 wood

G425 7 wood

Blueprint S 4-W

S159 50, 54, 60

PLD Anser

Chrome Tour X

7 hours ago, gmiller598 said:

I canceled my pre-order for the 5.5. I wasn't going to wait until late April for a stock club but I also found the exact same model during lunch in a local Golf Galaxy so I was able to demo it for a bit. I don't know that I like it as much as I thought I would. No point in letting another company hold my money for another 30 days if I'm not committed to this being the right thing for me.

Same here, bought through Global Golf, pre-ordered at midnight on 3/5 when they popped up in their website. Was told today they wouldn’t be available until 4/27. Not really upset at Global Golf. I’m guessing SC didn’t prioritize them as much as the bigger retailers and didn’t give them access to the inventory. Walked into Golf Galaxy today and bought one. Global Golf refunded my money immediately so kudos to them on the quick customer service. 

32 minutes ago, AzSuperHack76 said:

Same here, bought through Global Golf, pre-ordered at midnight on 3/5 when they popped up in their website. Was told today they wouldn’t be available until 4/27. Not really upset at Global Golf. I’m guessing SC didn’t prioritize them as much as the bigger retailers and didn’t give them access to the inventory. Walked into Golf Galaxy today and bought one. Global Golf refunded my money immediately so kudos to them on the quick customer service. 

Yeah. it is what it is. I'm glad I got an opportunity to demo it before deciding to cancel my order. I originally ordered on blind faith that I would like it but the weight balance just doesn't suit me.

22 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

35/350, 34/360 and 33/370 is Scotty’s current weighting matrix for his Special Select and Phantom lines. 

That may be what is listed but it's inaccurate.   I got my 34" X 5 today,  removed the shaft and weighed the head and it was 367grams.  I was shocked,  so I zeroed the scale and tried again... same thing. 

Installed a Stability Shaft and the putter feels great.

Titleist TSR3 Driver - Fujikura Ventus Black 6
Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 2H - Steelfiber FC 75
Callaway Apex Pro 3H - Steelfiber FC 75
Mizuno Pro 243 4i-PW - Dynamic Gold 105
Mizuno T22 48*, 54*, 60* - Dynamic Gold 105
Byron Morgan 615 - Fujikura MC Firm
Callaway Chrome Tour

Hoping you guys can offer a bit of info - ordered a 5.5 / 35.5 / stock; other than that ‘custom’ length - on March 5th at Golftown here in Canada (probably PGA SS or GG equivalent here) - not online but through the store rep... should I expect any delay or is it on a case by case basis?

Wondering if you guys can help me out here, and this might be a dumb question but this is my first Scotty. I picked up the 5.5 today and upon close inspection I noticed the 3 dots on the back look like the remains of cracked glass or something. Is this how its supposed to look? Or should there actually be a glass-like covering there? Maybe its just glue?

scotty1.jpg

scotty2.jpg

scotty3.jpg

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, hyunsbuns said:

Wondering if you guys can help me out here, and this might be a dumb question but this is my first Scotty. I picked up the 5.5 today and upon close inspection I noticed the 3 dots on the back look like the remains of cracked glass or something. Is this how its supposed to look? Or should there actually be a glass-like covering there? Maybe its just glue?

scotty1.jpg

scotty2.jpg

scotty3.jpg

Yeah I'm not sure about that one. Mine doesn't look like that in terms of glue or glass. Mine is just plain and clean. This new phantom line doesn't have the translucent cherry blossom fillings like the Special Select line. Did you try scraping that stuff out or the those rough edges?

14 hours ago, hyunsbuns said:

scotty1.jpg

scotty2.jpg

scotty3.jpg

I don't have mine yet, but to me it looks like some form of residue.. perhaps glue or another sticky substance. I'd clean it out with some Isopropyl or acetone.. Worst case you'd be getting a new one.. so there's an upside. 🙂

Titleist....

Does anyone have a recommendation for where to purchase weight kits online?  I think the 15 gram weights in the 34" are going to be a little light, but everything on their website is sold out.  Do some of the other brands you can find online fit well?  

Titleist TSR2

Sim Max 3W

Titleist U505 2-iron

T200 (4-5)

T150 (6-P)

Vokey SM9 (5012F, 5614F, 608M)

Odyssey AI-One double wide DB