Taylormade SIM 2.0

TRC723

4 hours ago, Red4282 said:

I hate that. Make it ugly as possible then charge you change it. Should be free.

Agreed, shouldn’t have to pay anything extra to get a club to look how you’d like it when it’s already got a premium price tag! 🤑🤑🤑

• Sad 1

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

1 hour ago, The_Hipp said:

I think we are losing sight of what’s really at discussion here. At this point, the SIM2 is what it is. It’s not going to change. The design and look of the sole is it. The color scheme is it. Will they offer an option to customize the color scheme, seems as though they will, at the wishes of many people.

I’ve said this on a couple different threads, most recently the Cobra RadSpeed as their design and colors tend to be a little “louder” than others. It’s part of their branding, it makes them who they are. Whether you like the drivers or not, when you discuss obnoxious drivers, Cobra always comes to mind. So kudos to them, they’ve obviously done their job in branding and recognition. 

I have a hard time understand how folks can immediately dismiss a driver based off the pictures of a sole or a color scheme. Is that really what matters here? If I tapped up 10 driver heads so you couldn’t see the logo, the color, the sole. Would you not chose to play the driver that fit your swing the best? The driver that had the best numbers and gave you the best overall results? If you untaped the head to find it had an electric blue trim on the crown, would it really be back to the rack for that driver?

I’d like to have some faith in Taylormade, being one of the largest golf club manufacturers in the world. I think we can all agree that millions of dollars were spent on this club. The sole has been designed and tested. The color scheme has been designed with purpose. Companies Iike Taylormade do not do things simply because they feel like it. Everything they do and design and release has purpose. Hence the brand they’ve made for themselves.

We’re not talking about some mom and pop shop here. This is Taylormade. Games by some of the best players in the world. 

And the truth is, the people on this SIM 2 thread talking about how they dislike the pics they’ve seen are probably doing it because they DO love TaylorMade products and they’re excited about the SIM 2 and do have faith in TaylorMade, or else they wouldn’t waste their time even considering it or commenting on this thread.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

51 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

I agree with you that TaylorMade has done a lot of things right to get to where they’re at, and I also have trust in them (of the 16 clubs I’ve chosen to keep, 13 of them are TM). But I disagree that just because they’re #1 right now means they don’t make mistakes, and I also disagree with the idea that only performance matters and aesthetics shouldn’t make a difference. That’s like the school of Shallow Hal...it’s only about inner beauty and appearance doesn’t matter, Lol! I saw someone said the SIM 2 will be around $500 Stateside...well in Canada the SIM was $799.99 and SIM 2 will probably have a similar price tag (+ whatever the aforementioned cost to change colour way)...so you’re telling me for $800 I shouldn’t care what the club looks like? No way...that I disagree with. If a club is $100 and you’re buying it used, then looks don’t matter...for $800 + tax, I’d better be in love with the look of that club!

Of course aesthetics matter. The performance difference between all the OEM's is small enough that there's no way something ugly would have enough of a performance advantage to chose it over something I think looks better.

The issue here is that most of the people bitching haven't seen anything but a few pictures. Colors can be off due to lighting in the image, the color profile of the monitor on which a screen grab was taken, etc. You simply can't tell what the club is really going to look like until you see it in person. How does it look at address? Does that change how much of the colors you see? How does the light reflect off the head, etc. If you're someone that cares about aesthetics, this is how you'll judge something.

I remember thinking the 2017 M2 was super ugly when I first saw leaked pictures ("What is that neon green/yellow? Yuck!"). However, once I had it in hand I realized that I actually loved the look. Then I had a chance to hit a few shots and loved it. It was my favorite of all the M-series. There's no reason to suspect SIM 2 won't be the same way for some people. 

33 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Agreed, shouldn’t have to pay anything extra to get a club to look how you’d like it when it’s already got a premium price tag! 🤑🤑🤑

This comment is woefully ignorant of what it takes to produce retail products on a massive scale. The custom parts are extra expenses outside of their regular production costs, plus there's extra manual work required to assemble the orders. Every order is a one-off, not a production line scenario. Companies that want to stay in business can't just eat these types of costs to serve a small set of buyers (compared to stock configurations).

• Like 2

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

14 minutes ago, jll62 said:

Of course aesthetics matter. The performance difference between all the OEM's is small enough that there's no way something ugly would have enough of a performance advantage to chose it over something I think looks better.

The issue here is that most of the people bitching haven't seen anything but a few pictures. Colors can be off due to lighting in the image, the color profile of the monitor on which a screen grab was taken, etc. You simply can't tell what the club is really going to look like until you see it in person. How does it look at address? Does that change how much of the colors you see? How does the light reflect off the head, etc. If you're someone that cares about aesthetics, this is how you'll judge something.

I remember thinking the 2017 M2 was super ugly when I first saw leaked pictures ("What is that neon green/yellow? Yuck!"). However, once I had it in hand I realized that I actually loved the look. Then I had a chance to hit a few shots and loved it. It was my favorite of all the M-series. There's no reason to suspect SIM 2 won't be the same way for some people. 

This comment is woefully ignorant of what it takes to produce retail products on a massive scale. The custom parts are extra expenses outside of their regular production costs, plus there's extra manual work required to assemble the orders. Every order is a one-off, not a production line scenario. Companies that want to stay in business can't just eat these types of costs to serve a small set of buyers (compared to stock configurations).

All your thoughts are very fair and I agree 100%. At the end of the day, I’m excited to see the SIM 2 in person and try it out in a fitting. But if it’s going to cost $800 + $100 for custom paint + tax, we’re talking about $1,035 here in Canada...so it will not only be a performance decision, and aesthetic decision, but also a cost decision. Better be an incredible club for that price!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

4 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

All your thoughts are very fair and I agree 100%. At the end of the day, I’m excited to see the SIM 2 in person and try it out in a fitting. But if it’s going to cost $800 + $100 for custom paint + tax, we’re talking about $1,035 here in Canada...so it will not only be a performance decision, and aesthetic decision, but also a cost decision. Better be an incredible club for that price!

Just get it before our GST goes back to 15%.

Will the performance justify that price, no.  The Sim was already a fantastic stick.  Much like the TS3 vs. the new TSi series.  Love the look of it at address, but when I can get a TS3 head for $250ish or a Sim for $350, it makes no cents.

• Like 1

What's In The Ping Moonlite:
Ping Rapture '14 13*
Ping Rapture DI 18*
Titleist 690.CB 4/6/8/PW
Vokey TVD 54*
Odyssey Tank V-Line

9 minutes ago, gwelfgulfer said:

Just get it before our GST goes back to 15%.

Will the performance justify that price, no.  The Sim was already a fantastic stick.  Much like the TS3 vs. the new TSi series.  Love the look of it at address, but when I can get a TS3 head for $250ish or a Sim for $350, it makes no cents.

Yup, that’s why I should probably stop talking about this club...now we’re talking about extra money for paint for the Mercedes of clubs, Lol! Will definitely try it out and am excited to give it a hard look, but if the cost is double other comparable clubs that will make the decision easy.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

1 hour ago, BallerNate said:

No, didn’t edit anything about “bright neon”...just corrected a typo. All I’ve been saying on this thread all along is that the neon blue just doesn’t appeal to my eye, but if the club performs well enough I could look past it. But if it doesn’t perform much better than other comparable clubs than I would buy one I find more aesthetically appealing or stick with my current Rogue. All good though, I’ve said my peace and will just try to sit tight until I can try the club out and compare it to the TSi2, TSi3, SIM, and G425 and make a decision from there. I’ve got my opinion and preferences and you have yours, totally Ok to agree to disagree.

Actually you did edit out the neon comment in spite of what you've claimed. You've been a member of WRX for about 15 minutes or so (week+) and have had an interesting agressive post run. Enjoy your stay. Won't be sorry to see you go.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, grm24 said:

What's next? People not playing a set of irons because the font on the number on the bottom of an iron head doesn't suit their eye? 

Mizuno changed from white paintfill to black in their club numbers for the 921 line after doing extensive market research. So, I guess us golfers can be that damn fickle. Lol

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

6 hours ago, jll62 said:

We are talking about a peice of aluminum thats painted a different color. You think that justifies $100 bucks? I mean car companies mass produce different color cars, they dont charge extra or do it “one off”... they seem to do fine.

Edited by Red4282

4 hours ago, Red4282 said:

Dude really, i know a certain BIG company that makes a ball that took a MASSIVE reputation hit because someone on a site like this cut a few open. 

this aint peanuts:

“GolfWRX reports on the latest golf news how it inspires golfers around the world and thus promotes the game. Our 5.2 million monthly visits, over 2 million unique users per month and social media followers makes GolfWRX the largest golf community on the web.”

exactly.  See the latest mizuno ball results as an example.  And I’m a big mizuno fan. 

Whats the percentage ratio of golfwrx members and also other forums combined to the  total golfing public.  Might surprise a few. It’s large. 

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 Mizuno MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

2 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Good learning day yesterday. I went too far down the rabbit hole of talking about a mystery club that I haven’t seen or swung and really know nothing about except a spy pic, so going to try and take a step back from this thread until I can actually see the SIM 2 in person and swing it. Also made assumptions about the WRX community and what demographic of the golfing community it represents without still fully knowing who makes up this forum...so I take accountability for those things and will learn from them. Thanks to those who stayed calm and tried to talk me out of the rabbit hole, and to those who started name-calling and attacking I now see both the positive and negative sides of this forum. At the end of the day I’m just excited to see the SIM 2 and the rest of the 2021 lineup in person, and to get back on the golf course in the Spring! All the best to everyone and Happy Holidays!

Kudos to you in this response mate. Much respect. 

At the end of the day, it’s to each their own. Some care about club colors, some care about numbers, some care about both. We can debate about this all day. Honestly I think it’s part of a bigger conversation. I think there are a significant number of golfers that don’t play the right clubs for their game. Playing blades vs game improvement cavity backs, or playing the Ventus bc that’s what Rory hits. Aesthetics might be one reason, but not as significant.  I don’t think the importance of getting fitted (driver, shaft, irons) can be stressed enough. 

Either way, it looks like there are some great drivers for 2021. Something that will fit the bill for everyone. 

Although this thread has been mostly about the SIM2 driver family, I’m also ( (not so) patiently waiting for some info and visuals of the next Taylormade hybrid line. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The_Hipp said:

Kudos to you in this response mate. Much respect. 

At the end of the day, it’s to each their own. Some care about club colors, some care about numbers, some care about both. We can debate about this all day. Honestly I think it’s part of a bigger conversation. I think there are a significant number of golfers that don’t play the right clubs for their game. Playing blades vs game improvement cavity backs, or playing the Ventus bc that’s what Rory hits. Aesthetics might be one reason, but not as significant.  I don’t think the importance of getting fitted (driver, shaft, irons) can be stressed enough. 

Either way, it looks like there are some great drivers for 2021. Something that will fit the bill for everyone. 

Although this thread has been mostly about the SIM2 driver family, I’m also ( (not so) patiently waiting for some info and visuals of the next Taylormade hybrid line. 

Thanks man, much appreciated! At the end of the day I can only control what I do and how I react to others, can’t control what they do.

For sure, golf and equipment is all about personal preference and best fit, and something that works for me won’t necessarily work for others. I’ve actually never been fit and all my purchases and adjustments have just been based on personal feel, so looking forward to going through that process to get professional feedback/advice and try out the 2021 line! And definitely looking forward to seeing the TM Hybrid line as well...should be some awesome stuff coming soon!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Hot take:

ALL TAYLORMADE DRIVERS ARE UGLY UNTIL YOU SEE TIGER/RORY/DJ/RAHM/DAY/WOLFF BOMB THEM ON TV

then suddenly your perception changes and your current gamer somehow looks out of date, and you are overwhelmed with the desire to buy a new club

G400 LST 8.5* Ventus Blue 6x 🐐 
OG M2 16.5* Speeder 757s

OG Apex 18* KK 80s
223 4-G KBS Tour 120s
RTX ZC 56.12 / 60.09 ff DG Spinner

FTP SM1 0* loft / 400g / SS GT 1.0 

9 minutes ago, DaRiz said:

Hot take:

ALL TAYLORMADE DRIVERS ARE UGLY UNTIL YOU SEE TIGER/RORY/DJ/RAHM/DAY/WOLFF BOMB THEM ON TV

then suddenly your perception changes and your current gamer somehow looks out of date, and you are overwhelmed with the desire to buy a new club

Marketing to the masses - head covers full most 

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

5 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Good learning day yesterday. I went too far down the rabbit hole of talking about a mystery club that I haven’t seen or swung and really know nothing about except a spy pic, so going to try and take a step back from this thread until I can actually see the SIM 2 in person and swing it. Also made assumptions about the WRX community and what demographic of the golfing community it represents without still fully knowing who makes up this forum...so I take accountability for those things and will learn from them. Thanks to those who stayed calm and tried to talk me out of the rabbit hole, and to those who started name-calling and attacking I now see both the positive and negative sides of this forum. At the end of the day I’m just excited to see the SIM 2 and the rest of the 2021 lineup in person, and to get back on the golf course in the Spring! All the best to everyone and Happy Holidays!

That's an excellent attitude my friend. Any new board I read and think about joining I first read a lot of it and try to get the tenor of the board.

Many old time posters get a little annoyed at poster who sign up and then post "everywhere" and/or anywhere all at once. The board even has Rules that ask posters not to "overpost" and promises to reign in such poster.

Anywho, another thing that seems to bother a lot of posters is run-on paragraphs. 4 or 5 lines before a blank line seems to be about all most(?) can handle.

So you might want to hit the return/new line key a bit more often. Even (most ?) smartphones have a "return" key. Makes longer posts much easier to read.

If you make a post one long paragraph and somewhere in the middle, unless it's awfully interesting, the read often tunes out and just moves on to the next.

Happy Holidays to you as well.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

18 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

That's an excellent attitude my friend. Any new board I read and think about joining I first read a lot of it and try to get the tenor of the board.

Many old time posters get a little annoyed at poster who sign up and then post "everywhere" and/or anywhere all at once. The board even has Rules that ask posters not to "overpost" and promises to reign in such poster.

Anywho, another thing that seems to bother a lot of posters is run-on paragraphs. 4 or 5 lines before a blank line seems to be about all most(?) can handle.

So you might want to hit the return/new line key a bit more often. Even (most ?) smartphones have a "return" key. Makes longer posts much easier to read.

If you make a post one long paragraph and somewhere in the middle, unless it's awfully interesting, the read often tunes out and just moves on to the next.

Happy Holidays to you as well.  

Thanks, much appreciated!! I definitely try and keep it positive and treat others as I want to be treated!!

Merry Christmas (space included, Lol)!! 🙏🎄

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

The looks of the SIM2 are starting to grow on me...... crap.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 MAX 7W 21*, Ventus TR Blue 8X 

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini CH /or/ Tri Hot 5K Seven CH

17 minutes ago, The_Hipp said:

Anyway, I just got 6-7 inches of snow here on Long Island, I’m not hitting a club anytime soon. I’ve got a Sim and Sim Max driver I’ve yet to hit. Still on the ropes on selling both to upgrade to one of these fire looking 2021 drivers! 

Just to be clear, you've got not one but two SIM drivers, brand new, never hit, and you're considering selling both of them to get a SIM2,,,,,,,,, which you've never hit(?) and pretty much also can't use until around February or so, the earliest.

That about right ? :classic_ohmy: :classic_laugh:

a7ce849e864aba2f708907cff53d9cc5.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

3 hours ago, The_Hipp said:

C’mon mate. I think it’s time to move on. 

Anyway, I just got 6-7 inches of snow here on Long Island, I’m not hitting a club anytime soon. I’ve got a Sim and Sim Max driver I’ve yet to hit. Still on the ropes on selling both to upgrade to one of these fire looking 2021 drivers! 

2 hours ago, nsxguy said:

Just to be clear, you've got not one but two SIM drivers, brand new, never hit, and you're considering selling both of them to get a SIM2,,,,,,,,, which you've never hit(?) and pretty much also can't use until around February or so, the earliest.

This is GolfWRX! This way of thinking surprises you? 

• Haha 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

2 hours ago, nsxguy said:

I've got 3 backup '16 M2 heads that I haven't hit yet.......

Edited by A.Princey
  • Like 1

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

The SIM 2.0 has dropped the weight track. It is not inconceivable that a certain website (not this one) has perhaps influenced the thinking of the OEM’s re mass properties, position of COG.  TM would likely have never had undertaken this in-depth research but now that they have it they could certainly make use of it. 

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 Mizuno MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

8 hours ago, nsxguy said:

Hahaha I guess I should explain a little. I played both the Sim and Sim Max this season. The Sim was slightly better than my M4 setup but not enough to warrant me keeping it. Both those drivers that I had gamed were sold quite awhile ago. The Sim and Sim Max I have now are in addition to those. Im not sure if this helps or hurts my case lol! I am a mental case no doubt!

I’m in the process of rebuilding my game, so this season was dedicated to testing shafts, mostly between a Sim head and M4. 

So to answer your question, yes I’m thinking about selling these. And waiting it out on a new driver. Considering I don’t need one until April!

28 minutes ago, The_Hipp said:

Hahaha I guess I should explain a little. I played both the Sim and Sim Max this season. The Sim was slightly better than my M4 setup but not enough to warrant me keeping it. Both those drivers that I had gamed were sold quite awhile ago. The Sim and Sim Max I have now are in addition to those. Im not sure if this helps or hurts my case lol! I am a mental case no doubt!

I’m in the process of rebuilding my game, so this season was dedicated to testing shafts, mostly between a Sim head and M4. 

So to answer your question, yes I’m thinking about selling these. And waiting it out on a new driver. Considering I don’t need one until April!

I agree that you don't need one until April. 

You need one of every new model...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lemonde said:

The SIM 2.0 has dropped the weight track. It is not inconceivable that a certain website (not this one) has perhaps influenced the thinking of the OEM’s re mass properties, position of COG.  TM would likely have never had undertaken this in-depth research but now that they have it they could certainly make use of it. 

Was it another website or was it Ping who popularised the idea of a movable weight instead of a track with the G410?