Jon Rahm to Callaway

I’m concerned about him wearing Travis Matthew. More of a Slim European cut. Might not look that great on Rhambo. Even the Adidas shirts were a bit Twight and not that appealing on him. Better be safe and get a XXL 😀

• Haha 3

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

28 minutes ago, swgolf12 said:

I forgot about that Travelers, going to have to fact check you on the Callaway wins though. He won 1 time with Callaway. 2016 St Jude he was Head to toe Taylormade with a Pro V1X golf ball. This years win also with same Taylormade MC's.  Seems kind of like Rose, had a little initial success, but then faded, although his more likely to injury where Rose just seemed burnt out.

Yeah, he had Callaway driver, 3W, 3i, GW, SW, and LW but the old TM irons, new TM putter, and ProV1 at the RBC. 

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

3 minutes ago, MillerLowLife said:

Maybe this is just my anecdotal observation with golf companies but it seems like Callaway has been laying A LOT of grown work for becoming a powerhouse within the industry. They've made some big acquisitions in the last couple of years; OGIO, TravisMatthews, Toulon, and now TopGolf. I would almost think that this could be the first of a couple big names to sign with them. Especially since they seem to have no problem spending money now. 

With Phil aging out of relevance on the Tour they need to find their next face of the franchise. They have a couple pretty solid young lottery tickets they have purchased right now with Rahm and Schauffele. The only other young talent that doesn't seem to be married to a brand right now is Scheffler. I would guess a lot of companies have their eyes on him as well.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6 X
TaylorMade SIM2 15* & 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 7 & 8 X

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX

Mizuno T20 Raw 57/11@56 & 61/07@60 Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 105 TX

Evnroll ER 2.2 MidBlade Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept 135
Titleist Pro V1x #13

Just now, ProjectX said:

Part of me wonders if they bring back Rose with the space provided by Rahm's departure. Otherwise it's very clear Taylormade has eyes for Tommy Fleetwood given they made him his own irons.

TM seems to be going after some younger guys now, just look at their recent signings. I don't think Rose will come back because he wanted his own irons and they never gave it to him. Plus he's playing well with the Axis1 putter and probably doesn't want to switch to it. At his age better to play as a free agent and play what he likes. 

Fleetwood would be a better signing I think, he's obviously younger, a fan favorite, uses/used TM gear but I think he's in the TSi woods right now. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

1 hour ago, QMany said:

Does any Callaway staffer, let alone a marquee player, play a non-Callaway ball? He'll be in some Chrome Soft iteration.

Yes. Henrik Stenson, Kevin Kisner, Kevin Na, Brian Stuard, Nicholas Colsaerts, Scott Brown, Brice Garnett, Roberto Diaz, Jonathan Byrd, JJ Henry. All play Titleist ProV1/ProV1x.

48 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

TM seems to be going after some younger guys now, just look at their recent signings. I don't think Rose will come back because he wanted his own irons and they never gave it to him. Plus he's playing well with the Axis1 putter and probably doesn't want to switch to it. At his age better to play as a free agent and play what he likes. 

Fleetwood would be a better signing I think, he's obviously younger, a fan favorite, uses/used TM gear but I think he's in the TSi woods right now. 

I would rather them sign Fleetwood for sure.

Just now, ASN21 said:

Same, Tommy has been a free agent since Nike left the golf world and this would get them much more attention than signing Rose again. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

I think it's safe to say that the Callaway tour equipment is behind other OEMs. The drivers are prone to knuckle balls at the speeds these guys are swinging and the Chrome Soft is just not as good as other tour balls. They make good drivers for amateurs looking to pick up speed but they aren't stable enough (spin) for high speed players.

I think Xander is the only Callaway player who has done much of anything in the last 5 years and even "free agents" rarely choose Callaway clubs. I think Koepka choosing a Maverick driver earlier this year is about the only example but he hasn't had much success with it.

Good luck to Rahm but I doubt this works out well for him results wise.

1 minute ago, MattM97 said:

Same, Tommy has been a free agent since Nike left the golf world and this would get them much more attention than signing Rose again. 

Free agents can choose to play anything that helps their game and I think it's telling that he (and other free agents) rarely choose Callaway clubs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mgoblue83 said:

I think it's safe to say that the Callaway tour equipment is behind other OEMs. The drivers are prone to knuckle balls at the speeds these guys are swinging and the Chrome Soft is just not as good as other tour balls. They make good drivers for amateurs looking to pick up speed but they aren't stable enough (spin) for high speed players.

I think Xander is the only Callaway player who has done much of anything in the last 5 years and even "free agents" rarely choose Callaway clubs. I think Koepka choosing a Maverick driver earlier this year is about the only example but he hasn't had much success with it.

Marc Leishman seems to do alright...

Titleist Pro V1x #13

Just now, mgoblue83 said:

Free agents can choose to play anything that helps their game and I think it's telling that he (and other free agents) rarely choose Callaway clubs.

I'm well aware of that but Tommy also has a set of Fleetwood irons made by TM. Basically Tiger's irons with Tommy's initials stamped on them. But it's more he has an established relationship with TM and he wouldn't have to swap much to play all their stuff. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

10 minutes ago, mgoblue83 said:

But...Fleetwood has Callaway wedges...and so does Scheffler. 

edit: Reed plays a Callaway Hybrid and Koepka played a Mavrik driver for a good part of the year. 

Edited by ProjectX

Titleist Pro V1x #13

2 minutes ago, mgoblue83 said:

Love Leishman but hard to compare him and Rahm or some of the other studs on tour.

4 wins in the last 4 seasons. Pretty sure he's got stud status locked up.

• Like 2

Titleist Pro V1x #13

5 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Fleetwood gets a lot of love on here but honestly I don't see the value in signing him.  Seems like a great guy and has a nice game, but 0 PGA Tour wins and 5 Euro Tour wins in 7-8 years.  Seems Rickie Fowler-esque like in terms of visibility/hype vs. results.  

• Like 2

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

1 minute ago, the bishop said:

Fleetwood gets a lot of love on here but honestly I don't see the value in signing him.  Seems like a great guy and has a nice game, but 0 PGA Tour wins and 5 Euro Tour wins in 7-8 years.  Seems Rickie Fowler-esque like in terms of visibility/hype vs. results.  

His performance at the Ryder cup made him a legend.

Titleist Pro V1x #13

Just now, the bishop said:

Way I see it is Tommy tinkers a lot, it's not a secret he does it. TM could use this to easily show off new products before anyone else get it in their hands. How well would a "Tommy Fleetwood is testing new TaylorMade..." article do here? I think pretty well, build some hype and interest in their products.

But this is just my thought and honestly they could be probably waiting for a university player to go pro like they did with Matt and Colin. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

4 minutes ago, the bishop said:

He carries more weight overseas. It would be for that reason they would sign him.

2 minutes ago, ProjectX said:

His performance at the Ryder cup made him a legend.

Fair point and he played well but that's only every two years and you can only ride that for so long.  Just like Fowler rode the expectations of his Player's Champ. win for all it was worth.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

1 hour ago, ASN21 said:

Fleetwood is a TM staffer in everything but name. Those former Nike guys wont sign a contract with anyone for a while. They will be losing out on some big money while getting to play what they want. It is a win win for them. Finau is the only one to sign a contract with Ping. 

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

8 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

Fleetwood is a TM staffer in everything but name. Those former Nike guys wont sign a contract with anyone for a while. They will be losing out on some big money while getting to play what they want. It is a win win for them. Finau is the only one to sign a contract with Ping. 

I am kind of surprised BK hasn't signed with anyone but he seems to like the fact that he can "win with anything".

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MitchellGolfing said:

That’s actually pretty surprising. Figured he’d be a long term TM guy.

I don’t find that surprising at all, actually. 
These guys are so talented that they can golf with a broomstick; thus, clubs change matters very little. The technological gap between manufacturers are so thin these days that it doesn’t really matter who they go with. 
It’s mostly about sponsorship package, or the $$$. They’ll jump ship if the price is right. 

Listening to the Fully Equipped podcast, it sounds like there may be a lot more guys who don't get renewed and will be free to play what they want to. They definitely alluded to Rahm signing elsewhere, even if they couldn't say his name. Said there will be others moving as well.

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke ♦♦♦ 10.5° Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6X

Titleist TSR1 15° Atmos TS 8S

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke ♦♦♦ 20° Ventus TR Red 7X

Callaway Mavrik Max 24° Project X Catalyst 75S

Titleist T150 6-GW Modus 120S

Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F, 58.14K (at 56°), 60.04T DG Wedge Flex

Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 1.5 Prototype

If you look at the LPGA and LET there is much more even spread of equipment companies between top players.  For example, Georgia Hall is Callaway and the Korda sisters play Callaway drivers.  To me that says that there is no bad equipment but equally there is no one best equipment.  

I thought Rory played well when he was Callaway before going to Taylormade.  However I did read (probably on this website) that it was the ball that made him move to TM. Can’t believe that Callaway haven’t invested enough to sort out their previous ball issues.  I think JR will be a good signing for them.  

Titleist TSi1 10 degree driver 

TM Stealth 4 and 7 woods
M6 hybrid
PXG 0211 irons (5 to G)
Vokey 54 D grind 58 D grind
Scotty Newport 2.5 Special Select

TM Tour Response balls

H2NO stand bag

9 minutes ago, ASN21 said:

I am kind of surprised BK hasn't signed with anyone but he seems to like the fact that he can "win with anything".

LIke I said.. He is ridding that Nike money all the way to the end. 

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

1 hour ago, mgoblue83 said:

Didn't Rory play well with a full bag of Callaways in Mexico a couple years ago?

• Like 2

TM SIM 9* Ventus Black 6TX 
TM SIM Ti 19* Ventus Black 9TX 
TM P790 3 DG X100 

TM P7MC 4, 2014 MB 5-PW DG X7
TM MG 52, 56, Hi-Toe 60 DG S400
TM Spider Tour Black

14 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

LIke I said.. He is ridding that Nike money all the way to the end. 

How long is/was BK’s Nike deal?   They got out of Hardgoods in ‘15 or 16?

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013