2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Fairway/hybrid or fairway/driving iron or hybrid/driving or hybrid/hybrid. Yikes

hackalot

It’s winter and planning on new sticks. I’m stuck on what comes after driver. Like the idea of 4 wood and 20 degree driving iron but I rarely hit a fairway wood. Makes me think 17 hybrid and driving iron instead. Then I start thinking what’s best off tee for hitting fairways and then will driving iron suck coming into greens. You all know how the thinking goes. Since winter and virus raging, can’t really go test anything so thought I’d get opinions. What combos are WRX’s finding works best for them on this section of the bag. Happy New Year 

• Like 2

Ping G410+ 9° with tour shaft
Titleist TSR3 19 hybrid

Ping S55 3-pw x100
Vokey 52/56/60
Scotty Newport 2

So many options to consider and opinions to consider. Will be very personal to your game and swing. 
For me, I landed on a 16 degree hybrid and a game improvement 4 iron. 
I can hit the 16 hybrid off the tee for control and still off the deck. Fly it 225, can get rollout to around 245 off deck. Can flight it low off tee easily. 
the 4 iron flies 215 and can hit it high enough to land relatively soft into greens if needed. 
I never saw a need for 3 wood with my length. 
I do keep a 5 wood 18 degree in backup which is another fairway finder but harder to flight down. Awesome club though. 
If you can test out some tour edge exotics hybrids and woods I would recommend. Can be found on the cheap as well if you are okay with finding a gently used one. 

• Like 1

@hackalot Great question and one that requires a LOT of thought and work.  May i first ask what main jobs you would like these clubs to do, and how often you would like them to do that job?

• Like 2

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

Depends on two things: 

1) What are you comfortable hitting?

2) What course conditions do you play on?

As a general rule: 

Start at where your irons end ex. 3 iron or 4 iron, figure out what you would like the next club to be and then fill the gap between your driver and first club after your irons.    This is for a non-specialized bag.  I would always start low and work your way up to the driver filling out things that you need to your style of golf.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dan Drake said:

@hackalot Great question and one that requires a LOT of thought and work.  May i first ask what main jobs you would like these clubs to do, and how often you would like them to do that job?

That’s a good question. Wondering what others are using in this space. Right now I go 18 hybrid then 3 iron. Turned 50 and not getting distances I use to so thinking I need another option in that area.  Good iron player and like idea of driving iron, but it would need to fit into the 230 yard approach shot and worry it would be coming in hot. Could always cut it in to help, but just over thinking in winter. Not sure what distance differences or height of 19 hybrid vs 20 driving since can’t test, but wanted to see what others are doing. Currently only using 3 wedges so could still keep 3 iron if needed. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 19 hybrid

Ping S55 3-pw x100
Vokey 52/56/60
Scotty Newport 2

In the same boat right now. Used to play 3wd and 2h...the 2h being a fairway finder on short par 4s. Switched back to a 5wd instead of 2h and it hits very nice high softer landing shot that doesn't run away through a fairway and softer on approach shots on par 5s.

Looking right now at updating my bag. Still think I'm going Driver/3wd/5wd....BUT...also buying a driving iron or hybrid for days the wind is up for a lower flight....although I CAN knock down the flight on a 5wd...🤪

• Like 1

I think I’ve given up on that part of the bag. Reverting back to Driver, 4 wood, 7 wood, 4 iron to start the season. Hybrids, I still can’t find one in comfortable with so at least I can remove that as an option. The utility is good for me, but also very one dimensional. 

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

42 minutes ago, hackalot said:

That’s a good question. Wondering what others are using in this space. Right now I go 18 hybrid then 3 iron. Turned 50 and not getting distances I use to so thinking I need another option in that area.  Good iron player and like idea of driving iron, but it would need to fit into the 230 yard approach shot and worry it would be coming in hot. Could always cut it in to help, but just over thinking in winter. Not sure what distance differences or height of 19 hybrid vs 20 driving since can’t test, but wanted to see what others are doing. Currently only using 3 wedges so could still keep 3 iron if needed. 

10 years older than you and not getting distance i once did even more so haha...so trying out the following:

Removed 3w and 5w for either a Callaway Epic Flash 5w at 17* or Ping g410 5w at 16.5* - both great clubs and hit them equally well...will pick one in the spring.

That left room for a driving iron and hybrid, or two hybrids. Right now happy with Epic Flash 4 hybrid at 20* and Ping g410 4 hybrid at 22*...again both great clubs and hit both well and they fill gaps nicely. But trying out a Gapr Mid 4 at 21* and a Ping Crossover 4 at 21* for more of a driving iron/low fairway finder...hit both okay but not as far or as consistent as the two hybrids. Have till spring to decide. Anyway...if you're a decent ball-striker none of the above clubs mentioned would disappoint you i'm sure.

• Like 1

Ping G410 12 degree at 11* Alta CB 55 soft reg

Sim 2 Max 3 HL 16.5* Ventus Blue 5A

Callaway Steelhead XR 7w 21* - Tensei CK Series 55 reg

Stealth 5 hybrid at 25* Ventus Red 5A  

Callaway Mavrik Pro 6i-AW - UST Recoil ES 760 SmacWrap f3

Titleist SM7 52*W, 56*W - Vista Pro reg graphite

White Hot R-Ball 35"

58 Years old.   Lost lots of juice off the fastball.  Clubhead speed with Driver 104.

I go   Driver,  15* 3 wood.    18* 5 Wood  20* Apex hybrid (kinda iron like, does not hook)   22* Mizuno HMB 4 iron 

I only play 3 wedges though.   46* PW.   52* Gap. 58* Sand/Lob.      

I need more help at the top of my bag and have a sweeper swing, so these clubs fit.    Getting the distance gaps covered is most important, which is what I would suggest.   

• Like 1

I'm definitely having a similar debate with myself. There's few things I like more than hitting a good driving iron off the tee, but I get a little shaky when i have it in my hand for an approach shot or long par 3. Played a Gapr Lo 3 this year and it was as hot-and-cold a relationship I've ever had with any club. I haven't heard many great things about Gapr Lo so it may have something to do with that, but i think I'm going to at least try hybrid for the spring and see how it goes. Maybe Utility 4 iron for best of both worlds? I dunno Last hybrid i had was the original TM Rescue so I'm excited to see how nukey things have become. 

• Like 1

Titleist TS3 9.5* - Ventus Blue 6X 

Cobra Speedzone 14.5* - Atmos Blue 7X

Taylormade Gapr Lo 19* - Tensei Blue 80X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-P -  AMT Tour White X100

Cleveland RTX4 50*, 56*, 60*

Scotty Cameron TeI 3 Newport 2/ Odyssey Stroke Lab Black #7

I had never played a hybrid until I got a 3 and 4 to replace my long irons a few months ago. They both hit amazing, then got newer 5-PW and am loving this 5i so I am trying to find a 3 and 4. If I can, I might keep the 3h and get a 2h, or might keep the 4h depending on range gaps.

<edit>I have been considering a driving iron, but only the Srixon utility looks interesting and is out of my price budget.

Edited by lefthack

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

Same dilemma- a few months from 54 and in a place to overhaul bag.  Following are set:  D, 6i-PW, putter.  Current leading contender for remaining 7 clubs are:

2 x FW:  16.5 primarily for tee and lower spin 18 deg with 7w shaft for max distance from turf (16.5 may be replaced with the Ping 425 14.5 deg 3w which is a sweet looking, feeling, and well performing club).

2 x hybrid:  21 and 25 deg with short heavy shafts to fill “3i-5i” slot.

2 x wedge: 52/53 and 58.

1 x 17 hybrid :  I don’t have the swing speed to elevate this properly from turf and the 5w and 21 deg hybrids are in the bag for the long/high shot.  This club is for tee shots, trouble, and the long low runner into the wind - essentially, for me, it is a full swing ‘stinger’ club.

Basically, I would have three par 4/5 tee clubs (D, 4w, 17 hyb), and my gaps covered well with clubs I can hit high enough to hold good greens at my current swing speed (5w, 21 hyb, 25 hyb).

Many folks would posit that there is more utility in another wedge but I’m very comfortable manufacturing shots at the shorter end and less so with longer clubs.

Edited by Aviador Naval
  • Like 1

TSi3 10

TS2 16.5 & 21

G425 22 & 26

ZX7 6i - PW

Vokey 54F-14, 58K-12

Spider X

I’m stuck too. I have three clubs for two spots. Trying to ditch the 3w since I never hit it but would consider a 5w or super hybrid for approach shots as I struggle with my sub70 3H. My DI 2i is my most consistent but needs work from the deck. 

Edited by Rbsiedsc
  • Like 1

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

5 hours ago, hackalot said:

Like the idea of 4 wood and 20 degree driving iron but I rarely hit a fairway wood.

What is the reason for you rarely hitting fairway wood? Pros and better competition amateurs say they hit a fairway wood off the deck maybe once or twice a round.

Is it a matter that club choice of 4W doesn't happen often? Or, do you have trouble with the 4W?

A 2H (about 17*?) has its uses, but may not get you out of the rough very well.

2 hours ago, azgreg said:

I keep trying different things as well but always come back to the old faithful of Driver, 4W, 7W, and 4H.

I may not be much help, as you can see in by sig line. I'm also in the azg society. I have 4W + 7W + 4H... through there should be an asterik on my 4i.

The 4i is 22*, an I had it refit from KBS Tour 90 to a lighter SteelFiber hybrid shaft. It is now my homemade driving iron... I use it for shorter holes where a driver would run through the landing area. It launches fairly low and hot; I play 4i from a closed stance to get a slight draw.

(I am entering my tenth season of 4W + 7W; and I only carry three wedges.)

As for a driving iron, do you want one that is mainly a dedicated driving iron, or do you want a couple of utility irons at the long end? You might consider softstepping your 3i to do the job.

Two decisions you need to make:

• What do you want the bridge clubs to do for you?
  • What do you feel comfortable hitting?

Remember, we only get to carry 14 clubs.

• Like 2

What's In The Bag (As of April 2023, post-MAX change + new putter)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5° (base loft); weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Calla Mavrik MAX 5i-PW

Wedges*:  Calla MD3: 48°... MD4: 54°, 58° ||  PutterΨSeeMore FGP + SuperStroke 1.0PT, 33" shaft

Ball: 1. Srixon Q-Star Tour / 2. Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

* MD4 54°/10 S-Grind replaced MD3 54°/12 W-Grind.

Ψ  Backups:

• Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) + Evnroll Gravity Grip |
  • Slotline Inertial SL-583F w/ SuperStroke 2.MidSlim (50 gr. weight removed) |

Fairway, Hybrid, Udi and 5i the best of all worlds.

Fairway is 3 wood loft with 4 wood shaft in it.

Im only 5'-7" tall and @ 42.5" the fairway sits square and      confident.

I love the taylormade woods but a lot of them start at 59.0* degree of lie angle and that sends up and left.

I think the m5 wood started at 56.0* but nearly as much as a driver cost.

Edited by staysober for golf
  • Like 2

TAY; 7.5* SIM  SPEEDER 57  S.  (44 3/4")

TTL; 13.5* TSI 2 DIA BLU 70 S.  (42 7/8")

SRZ; 18* 85 U STEELFIBER 95I S. ( 39 3/4")

Cal; 4/5i EPIC, 6i-7i MVRK PR, 8i-PW MB  

Cal; 52* X FRG STK W. 
Cal;  ODYSSEY W B/W 

I am fairly settled on 3w - hybrid @20 degrees and 4i. This seems to cover the gaps well and the shots I need to play. My 3 wood is not super hot, probably spins a bit more than most. 

It is often windy where I play, so versatility is useful. I find a 5 wood is hard to hit low (and fade) where a driving iron is hard to hit high enough from the ground.

Both are perfect for their designed function, but limited. A hybrid is not as good as either for their designed purpose, but can do both jobs adequately. 

• Like 1

Taylormade Sim 2 Max - 10.5 Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR3 - @15.75 Tensei 1K Black 75X
Titleist TSR3 Hybrid - @20 Tensei 1K Black 85X

Titleist 620 CB  - 4 iron - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist 620 MB - 5-pw - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 - 52.08, 56S  & 60M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Taylormade Spider Tour X - X3
Titleist - Pro V1

Just on a confidence level, I’d pick a hybrid 8 out of 10 times for most long shots over a fairway wood. Have never carried a driving iron,but imagine would be great off the tee and unknown off deck. Hit some into simulators last year and smoked them especially with graphite shaft. I still hit 3 iron off tee when need to run one out there and hit fairway. When I do carry a 3 wood, I might hit it once every 5 to 10 rounds max. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 19 hybrid

Ping S55 3-pw x100
Vokey 52/56/60
Scotty Newport 2

14 hours ago, hackalot said:

Just turned 57, and like most, have lost a bit of the figurative junk in the trunk.

What I have been doing...  carry a King LTD 3w.  I'll sometimes adjust it up one tick, but at the end of the season, I was using it at standard loft.  I also alternated between using a 2 iron and TM Stage 2 Tour 2h or 3h, at 16.5* or 17*.  

What I'm toying with...  dropping the 3w and replacing it with a Ping G410 2h, that I might loft down to 16*.  My motivation for going that route, I prefer shorter club lengths when I get to what would be the fairway wood part of the bag, and I also much prefer heavier shafts (80g is not heavy by my standards).  Much easier to accomplish this with a hybrid, which brings graphite iron shaft options into play.

Disclaimer for the above:  I play a course that's not especially long, and I rarely have a 3w distance shot.  Front nine is mostly driver, back nine is mostly less than driver.  Anywhere I could use less than driver off the tee, a longer hybrid, or even a long iron, is almost always a better play for me than a 3w.

A last add, I'm a moderately high trajectory player.  And if it matters, my wedge config is 53/58.

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Like 2

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Why not fairway/fairway? I think a lot of people would benefit from that setup. 

Rogue ST Max LS (8.0), Tensei CK Pro White 70TX 

Cobra Aerojet (13.5), Tensei CK Pro White 70TX

TSi2 (18), Tensei AV Raw White 85TX

U85 (22), X100

i210 (5-UW), X100

T20 (55.09, 60.06), S400

35” Daddy Long Legs

Srixon Z-Star XV

1 hour ago, justcallmemoses said:

I’m playing the following:

g400 5 wood @ 16.5 

g410 22 hybrid @ 21 flat 

p760 4 iron @ 22.5

p760 5-PW

sm7 54

sm7 58

Seems like you're covering all the bases here. I have thought about how one less wedge might simplify my decision making around the greens... 

• Like 1

Titleist TS3 9.5* - Ventus Blue 6X 

Cobra Speedzone 14.5* - Atmos Blue 7X

Taylormade Gapr Lo 19* - Tensei Blue 80X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-P -  AMT Tour White X100

Cleveland RTX4 50*, 56*, 60*

Scotty Cameron TeI 3 Newport 2/ Odyssey Stroke Lab Black #7

1 minute ago, DGfromBC said:

Seems like you're covering all the bases here. I have thought about how one less wedge might simplify my decision making around the greens... 

I have room for 1 more club just not sure what. I don’t miss the gap wedge at all. I never really hit a wedge 100% but I’ve become comfortable hitting partial shots with PW/54/58 and less selections. 3/4 wedge swings with each club for certain distances. No effect in my scoring.

22 hours ago, hackalot said:

It’s winter and planning on new sticks. I’m stuck on what comes after driver. Like the idea of 4 wood and 20 degree driving iron but I rarely hit a fairway wood. Makes me think 17 hybrid and driving iron instead. Then I start thinking what’s best off tee for hitting fairways and then will driving iron suck coming into greens. You all know how the thinking goes. Since winter and virus raging, can’t really go test anything so thought I’d get opinions. What combos are WRX’s finding works best for them on this section of the bag. Happy New Year 

Been there done that. My personal experience is if you are going with a driving iron, go with the lowest loft you can get away with it off the tee and deck. My UDI happens to be 17*. The versatility equates to better scoring.

As for 3 wood after the driver, I have experimented with 12.5, 13.5, 15 and 16 degrees. I ended with preferring a 16* despite being 1* apart from my driving iron, but the versatility and yardage gapping worked out well.

In conclusion, you’re going to have to hit the simulators to round out the long end to fit your game.

Edited by Chuck905
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, hackalot said:

Just on a confidence level, I’d pick a hybrid 8 out of 10 times for most long shots over a fairway wood. Have never carried a driving iron, but imagine would be great off the tee and unknown off deck. Hit some into simulators last year and smoked them especially with graphite shaft. I still hit 3 iron off tee when need to run one out there and hit fairway. When I do carry a 3 wood, I might hit it once every 5 to 10 rounds max. 

Very true... A lot of this has to do with what people can hit with confidence.

Similar to you, a couple of pros who have played mini-tour say they hit a fairway wood off the deck once a round. I walked a regional tourney round with the one pro, and saw him he hit a 3W - out of first cut - 280 yards uphill and chase it onto the par 5 green for an eagle putt. (He missed from 25 feet for a tap-in birdie.)

Way different than someone like me, who hits a driver maybe 220 and uses a FW off the deck 5 to 7 times a round.

Some players with really strong swings can hit a hybrid almost as far as a FW, or sometimes more accurately and almost as far. One such person was a young assistant pro who was preparing for his PAT at our course. On our two shorter par 5s, he had the power to get home in two with hybrids. He carried no FWs.

I find the whole "driving iron" thing is semi-humorous. Can't see how the DI is much different than a friendly long iron.

Edited by ChipNRun
  • Like 1

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5° (base loft); weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Wedges*:  Calla MD3: 48°... MD4: 54°, 58° ||  PutterΨSeeMore FGP + SuperStroke 1.0PT, 33" shaft

Ball: 1. Srixon Q-Star Tour / 2. Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

Ψ  Backups:

19 hours ago, ChipNRun said:

What is the reason for you rarely hitting fairway wood? Pros and better competition amateurs say they hit a fairway wood off the deck maybe once or twice a round.

Is it a matter that club choice of 4W doesn't happen often? Or, do you have trouble with the 4W?

A 2H (about 17*?) has its uses, but may not get you out of the rough very well.

I may not be much help, as you can see in by sig line. I'm also in the azg society. I have 4W + 7W + 4H... through there should be an asterik on my 4i.

The 4i is 22*, an I had it refit from KBS Tour 90 to a lighter SteelFiber hybrid shaft. It is now my homemade driving iron... I use it for shorter holes where a driver would run through the landing area. It launches fairly low and hot; I play 4i from a closed stance to get a slight draw.

(I am entering my tenth season of 4W + 7W; and I only carry three wedges.)

As for a driving iron, do you want one that is mainly a dedicated driving iron, or do you want a couple of utility irons at the long end? You might consider softstepping your 3i to do the job.

Two decisions you need to make:

• What do you want the bridge clubs to do for you?
  • What do you feel comfortable hitting?

Remember, we only get to carry 14 clubs.

Here in Arizona a large majority of the courses are target oriented. Tee box - patch of desert - patch of grass - patch of desert - patch of grass and green complex. It's all about hitting a distance. With that in mind I've sauced out my yardages with the top of the bag with that in mind. 

Driver: 260

4w: 235

7w: 215

4h: 195

Edited by azgreg
  • Like 1

Driver: Adams 9088

Fairways: TM V-Steel

Hybrids: Nickent 3DX

Irons: Maltby TE Forged

Wedges: Acer XB Satin

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1

32 minutes ago, azgreg said:

Here in Arizona a large majority of the courses are target oriented. Tee box - patch of desert - patch of grass - patch of desert - patch of grass and green complex.

This explains a lot. Some overhead shots I've seen of desert edge courses show turf... and non turf zones.

Ψ  Backups:

22 hours ago, staysober for golf said:

Fairway, Hybrid, Udi and 5i the best of all worlds.

Fairway is 3 wood loft with 4 wood shaft in it.

Im only 5'-7" tall and @ 42.5" the fairway sits square and      confident.

I love the taylormade woods but a lot of them start at 59.0* degree of lie angle and that sends up and left.

I think the m5 wood started at 56.0* but nearly as much as a driver cost.

This is what I’m moving my back towards. 

- G410 5 Wood

- z545 3 iron (Only used on tight tee shots, never off the turf)

- PXG Gen 2 Hybrid or G410 hybrid: Haven’t decided which one and it will be either the 4 or 5 hybrid depending on what gaps best between my 5 wood and 5 iron. 

- z585/z785 5-PW

Going straight to the 5 wood was the best decision I’ve made in my bag. Consistent 225 carry off the turf, if i’m any further than that odds are I’m not hitting the green anyway lol I’m a lot more accurate with irons than hybrids so I like having the 3 iron off the tee, I don’t hit it well enough to hit it off the ground. Replacing my 4 iron soon with one of the above hybrids, I don’t hit a 4 iron great off the ground so figure a hybrid will by more consistent and will add a lot more versatility. 

• Like 1

10° Titleist TSI2 x Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

17.5° PING G410 x Fujikura Ventus Red 7S

22° PXG 0317X Gen 2 Hybrid x Mitsubishi MMT 80S

Srixon z545 3 Iron x Nippon Modus 120S

Srixon z585 5 Iron x Nippon Modus 120S

Srixon z785 6-PW x Nippon Modus 120S

Wedges: Titleist SM8 50*12F, 54*12D, 58*8M

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Brandon Double Bend

IG: @matt.golfs

For me it's always been 3 metal/2 hybrid combo that's worked best for me.  I'm more shallow on the way down so this combo works.  If you're more steep then the fairway metal/DI combo would probably work best.  In most cases with golfers, there's going to be too much of a gap in distance when you compare a 3 metal to a 2/3 hybrid which is why I suggested the fairway metal/DI combo over the hybrid/DI combo. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2