2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Srixon clubs deserve more love!

RoyalMustang

I wasn't a huge golf follower so I had never heard of them until a few weeks ago. I've decided a combo iron set is in my future. The utility iron looks good, too.

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

Had a few go rounds with the 745s, that's where it all started for me.  Wasn't much a fan of any of the 65 line but did try the 45 woods and hybrids and they were all very good as well.  I am currently playing the F85 3w at 15*, and I just love this club.  Only other fww that feels as easy through the ground is the Ping woods, it's been a really nice surprise honestly.  After regrettably selling my last set of 745s I wound up finding a barely used set of 785 irons and I have to say, I may even like these better than the 45s.  The sole is a little more narrow and I feel like they may be a tad more forgiving... Srixon is so underrated it's ridiculous.

• Like 3

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

If Srixon can milk Brooks Koepka playing the ZX7's uncontracted like Mizuno did they will be in for a massive year. 

• Like 1

PING G425 MAX W/ TENSEI AV RAW ORANGE X

TITLEIST TSR2 5 WOOD W/ TENSEI 1K BLACK X

TITLEIST TSR2 4 HYBRID W/ TENSEI 1K BLACK X

MIZUNO 223 5-P W/ DG 120 X100

MIZUNO T22 50-56-60 W/ DG S400

SCOTTY CAMERON PHANTOM X7

8 hours ago, bombs said:

If Srixon can milk Brooks Koepka playing the ZX7's uncontracted like Mizuno did they will be in for a massive year. 

Is Koepka playing the ZX7s? Of course it helped that Koepka won several majors playing the Mizunos. 

• Like 1

Cobra King F9  Driver 10.5° Atmos Blue 6 stiff
17° Callaway X Hot 4 wood
20.5°& 23° Cleveland DST Launcher hybrids
Srixon ZX5 5 - PW Modus 105 Regular 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 48°/9° & 52°/11°, RTX 3 58°/9°
Ping Anser Sigma 2 putter

2 hours ago, kiwihacker said:

Is Koepka playing the ZX7s? Of course it helped that Koepka won several majors playing the Mizunos. 

Yes he is.  On a non contract basis at least for now. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

I’ve had the z785s in the bag for almost 2 years. The consistency, quality and feel are on par if not better than any manufacturer out there!

• Like 1

10° Titleist TSI2 x Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

17.5° PING G410 x Fujikura Ventus Red 7S

22° PXG 0317X Gen 2 Hybrid x Mitsubishi MMT 80S

Srixon z545 3 Iron x Nippon Modus 120S

Srixon z585 5 Iron x Nippon Modus 120S

Srixon z785 6-PW x Nippon Modus 120S

Wedges: Titleist SM8 50*12F, 54*12D, 58*8M

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Brandon Double Bend

IG: @matt.golfs

Just replaced my Z745s..they were in the backup bag with the ZX7 and am anxious to get them into play..

• Like 1

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 5 Wood w/ TD-70-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

PXG 0317t w/steelfiber i95-S 5-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X

Srixon gets lots of love in WRX, but out in the world most casual golfers don't know much about equipment, just whoever markets the loudest.  Same if you got into another sport for the first time.  Like in tennis, a casual fan would know Rafael Nadal wears Nike but probably doesn't know he plays a Babolat racket.

• Like 3

D Cobra LTDx, OG HZ Black 62 6.5 3W OG Ping Rapture, OG HZ Black 75 6.0 20°H Ping G20, CTLX 4I Mizuno JPX 921 HMP, RIPα105X 5I Cobra F9, CTLX 5I-PW Mizuno MP-54, CTLX GW Nike VPC, V120X 54, 60 CBX Zipcore, V120X Cure RX4. WITB Link. CAD Designs on IG @joostin.golf

33 minutes ago, joostin said:

Srixon gets lots of love in WRX, but out in the world most casual golfers don't know much about equipment, just whoever markets the loudest.  Same if you got into another sport for the first time.  Like in tennis, a casual fan would know Rafael Nadal wears Nike but probably doesn't know he plays a Babolat racket.

I love my Srixons, but can honestly say that I've never run across another player how had them in the bag.  Our men's league has over 100 players. I've probably played with 80%.  When I look in the bags at our big tournaments, it almost exactly mirrors what is heavily marketed.  Lots of TM, Callaway and PING woods.  Our club is Titleist, so there is probably an overrepresentation compared to what I normally see.   But I never see Srixon gear.

I am admittedly a PING woods guy.  But I need to give the woods a try.  I had a 585 driver for a short time this summer.   It was solid for sure. I think the lack of adjustability and the fact the shaft wasn't the best fit for me didn't help.  

PING G430 Max 10.5 

Cleveland Launcher XL Hy-wood 18*
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

I just picked up a clean set of z765 irons with the Miyazaki Kaula shafts.  Really impressed so far, both with the aesthetics, and the performance.  Played them in some soggy, dormant bermuda conditions last weekend, and the V.T. sole came through, saving a few borderline fat shots.  

I love how they use 5 degree loft gaps.  I've been bending my irons that way for a while, so it's cool to see it from an oem.  Seems so sensible, but it's still pretty rare. 

• Like 1
Taylormade M5 9* w/Prolaunch Blue 45
Taylormade Stealth 3HL 16.5* w/Proforce V2 65 
Taylormade M2 5HL 21* w/Proforce V2 65
Adams Pro Mini Hybrids: 23*, 26* w/VS Proto 95
Srixon Zx65 Combo Irons (Z565 6, Z765 7-9, Z965 PW) w/TT AMT Black
Vokeys: SM7 52-12F, SM7 58-12D, WedgeWorks 60-10V (at 62-12), all w/Pro Modus3 115 Wedge
Odyssey DXF Doublewide

My first set of Srixon irons are over 20 years old. Back then I had a friend who could get some tour van stuff made, and he got me a set of i506's with the green NV Pro graphite shafts (the heavier ones). Great, great irons which I still own and may yet put back in my bag. I really love those shafts. 

Last year I got a set of 765's with the Nippon NS105 shafts and I love them as well. As someone else mentioned above, the soles are great for slicing through damp winter turf. And contact feels great. 

I have a U65 4 iron, then play 5-PW in whatever irons I'm carrying. I just ordered a couple of more forgiving mid-irons, but stuck with Srixon and got the old Z 355's in 5i and 6i. I think that's the last iron Srixon made with a Maltby factor above 500. 

Every once in a while I get the chance to try someone else's irons. The last new one I hit was a Cobra Forged Tec. My friend who bought them was raving over the "feel" of those. To me, coming from years of playing Srixon forged irons, they felt harsh and clanky. Could have been his shafts, who knows...

Edited by me05501
  • Like 1

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

I’ve been extremely pleased with my 765s and I’m due for new irons. I would be shocked if my next set weren’t ZX7s. But first I’m buying a driver. I would strongly consider a Srixon driver but I’m not sure I could find a shop within 200 miles of me that has one for demo or fitting. 

Edited by jas904

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

• 3 weeks later...

I feel the same way about Cobra, they are also under-rated. If I didn't have my KING TOUR MIM irons I would seriously consider the Zx7's but I'm very pleased with my Cobra's

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

• 2 weeks later...

TXG's new series 'The Srixon Project' looks interesting. 

SM 2021 2.5+ 
Lefty

Cobra LTDx Max 10.5° HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue

Titleist TSi2 20° Tensei AV Blue
Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal 5 Nippon Modus NS-Pro Tour 105
Mizuno JPX919 Forged 6 to G Nippon Modus NS-Pro Tour 105
Mizuno S18 54° + 58° Nippon Modus NS-Pro Tour 105
TaylorMade Spider S

On 1/26/2021 at 6:30 AM, jas904 said:

I’ve been extremely pleased with my 765s and I’m due for new irons. I would be shocked if my next set weren’t ZX7s. But first I’m buying a driver. I would strongly consider a Srixon driver but I’m not sure I could find a shop within 200 miles of me that has one for demo or fitting. 

Srixon has a great demo program for the ZX5 Driver.  You can order online to demo for $30 for two weeks.  If you want to keep it you can and they will credit you the $30.  If you want to return it you send them an email and they send you a return label no questions asked.  I just spent two weeks with the ZX5 and was amazed at the low spin distance, forgiveness and looks.  Might be worth a try

18 hours ago, GWfool said:

Haven't seen this yet, what is the premise?

It's only one vid in, but looks like an in-depth fitting process with a Srixon club. What a tour pro would receive from Srixon. 

SM 2021 2.5+ 
Lefty

TaylorMade Spider S

It's like Srixon Vs. Mizuno - a battle of 2 of the best out of the spotlight of the biggest brands.  Them continuing to rival each other for space in Koepka's and other non-contracted player bags can only mean good things for us.  My armchair far-from-expert take on brand perception (US view, excluding others like Tour Edge, Honma, PXG, Miura...):

Drivers:  Srixon and Mizuno have been picking up the pace on drivers the last few years.  Mizuno "leading" (perception and sales)?

FWs and Hybrids:  Mizuno leading?

Irons:  Long history of love for Mizuno, but Srixon has been stealing hearts since the Z_45 irons, including utility/driving irons.

Wedges:  Cleveland has a long-standing presence and a giant lead.

Putters:  Cleveland and Mizuno seem to be playing different target audiences.  Maybe higher end Srixons to come?

Balls:  Strong Srixon presence and lead, but not sure outside the US.

D Cobra LTDx, OG HZ Black 62 6.5 3W OG Ping Rapture, OG HZ Black 75 6.0 20°H Ping G20, CTLX 4I Mizuno JPX 921 HMP, RIPα105X 5I Cobra F9, CTLX 5I-PW Mizuno MP-54, CTLX GW Nike VPC, V120X 54, 60 CBX Zipcore, V120X Cure RX4. WITB Link. CAD Designs on IG @joostin.golf

On 2/21/2021 at 5:38 PM, joostin said:

It's like Srixon Vs. Mizuno - a battle of 2 of the best out of the spotlight of the biggest brands.  Them continuing to rival each other for space in Koepka's and other non-contracted player bags can only mean good things for us.  My armchair far-from-expert take on brand perception (US view, excluding others like Tour Edge, Honma, PXG, Miura...):

Drivers:  Srixon and Mizuno have been picking up the pace on drivers the last few years.  Mizuno "leading" (perception and sales)?

FWs and Hybrids:  Mizuno leading?

Irons:  Long history of love for Mizuno, but Srixon has been stealing hearts since the Z_45 irons, including utility/driving irons.

Wedges:  Cleveland has a long-standing presence and a giant lead.

Putters:  Cleveland and Mizuno seem to be playing different target audiences.  Maybe higher end Srixons to come?

Balls:  Strong Srixon presence and lead, but not sure outside the US.

The top selling ball in the UK is the Srixon AD333. 

I'd say that Mizuno irons are played a lot in the UK, woods etc. are not. Srixon are still on the up, in terms of clubs, but are vastly gaining recognition. 

SM 2021 2.5+ 
Lefty

TaylorMade Spider S

On 1/23/2021 at 4:14 AM, bombs said:

It seems the hard part is that Srixon really can't milk it.  They can't mention Brooks plays Srixon irons in publicity items or social media.  It's not like a driver where viewers can see a headcover in the bag.  Those of us in golf boards represent a hardcore 5% of golf equipment nuts.  I'd bet the casual fan has no idea he plays them.  The only connection may be if a sales guy or fitter mentions it.  

Srixon has promoted the brand a lot more in the last two years in the US.  But having a top player actively market them  would be huge.

PING G430 Max 10.5 

Cleveland Launcher XL Hy-wood 18*
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

On 3/1/2021 at 2:22 PM, mantan said:

It seems the hard part is that Srixon really can't milk it.  They can't mention Brooks plays Srixon irons in publicity items or social media.  It's not like a driver where viewers can see a headcover in the bag.  Those of us in golf boards represent a hardcore 5% of golf equipment nuts.  I'd bet the casual fan has no idea he plays them.  The only connection may be if a sales guy or fitter mentions it.  

Srixon has promoted the brand a lot more in the last two years in the US.  But having a top player actively market them  would be huge.

I agree, I think it also comes down to the fact that most amateur golfers will buy off the shelf. TM etc. will sell more that way than brands like Srixon, who are probably more for the guys like us. The ones who know the difference between club fitting and shelf buying, the difference between forged and cast. Not that there's anything wrong with buying off the shelf cast irons either. 

SM 2021 2.5+ 
Lefty

TaylorMade Spider S

Srixon and Wilson irons should have the same motto, THE BEST IRONS NO ONE PLAYS>😁

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

I think Srixon is getting plenty of love now that BK won with them and he is playing without a contract. Isn't that why over 50% of the people on these forums buy certain clubs. I seriously think Cobra deserves more Love especially since the KING TOUR MIM irons were released. Don't look now but they are coming out with a cooper version mid March. Either set you can't go wrong both are beautiful looking clubs with the performance to match their looks too.

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

I’ve played the ZForged for about a year and they are one of the best blades I’ve ever played. More forgiving than most and very hot off the face. Great solid feel. I just saw the ZX line yesterday and very impressed with those. Every model change seems to get cleaner looking and the performance is unquestioned in my opinion. I’m very tempted to try their woods...the new models fit my eye more than the older ones. 

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter