Adam Scott

idrive

I've been an Adam Scott fan from day 1.

At this stage of his career, I probably have as much or more respect for him than any other single player out there. 

For those of us not living in Oz I doubt seriously we understand how popular he is there. I was on a golf trip there (Oz) the year after he won the Masters and seeing, hearing how the folks there feel about him, you'd believe he truly can and does walk on water.

I'm posting this article partially for the amount of information it contains on many fronts.

Hoping this ends up what it's intended to be and that's a feel-good thread. Just figured we could all use one.

Best of luck to Adam. IMO, he has earned it.

Adam Scott is changing up more than his caddie to be ready for the 2023 season (msn.com)

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

One further point - Cam Smith is far more loved here than Adam.

Cam is seen as the loveable Aussie larrikin, Adam is a bit too buttoned-down and preppy to be loved in the same way here.

So Adam is admired and respected everywhere, Cam is loved and respected everywhere.

The current Australian PGA event with Cam, Adam, Mark Leishman, Cam Davis and lots of others playing is a Cam Smith headline event.

There's been none of the tour v tour stuff.

Big fan of Adam, Cam Smith, not so much.

• Like 2

Ping G425 Max 9*

Ping G425 Max 14.5*

Ping G425 17* & 19*

Titleist T100 4-6

Titleist 620MB 7-PW

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* & 58*

Odyssey White Hot OG 7s

Sun Mountain Mid Stripe

Adam is like a prince, charming, admired, respected, but may a bit hard to reach.

CS is like a neighborhood boy, interesting, respected, and make you want to buy him a beer

• Like 3

Driver: Taylormade SIM, 8 degrees, VA Composite Drago 75 X-Stiff

3W: Taylormade M5 15 degrees, VA Composite Drago 75 X-Stiff

Hybrids: Titleist 915H (3-6)Project X 6.0 Flighted shafts

Irons: Bridgestone J40 (7-P), Project X 6.0 Flighted shafts

Wedges: Bridgestone J33 (50,56,60), Project X 6.0 Flighted shafts

Putter: Directed Force 2.1 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

2 hours ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

I thought Adam Scott was from Adelaide in South Australia?

Born in Adelaide, moved to Queensland at 9 years of age when and where he started playing golf.

One of his nicknames is 'The Big Queenslander'.

Cam has more of a Queensland accent, Adam's is a mix.

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

5 hours ago, Chunkitgood said:

Love a pro golfer?

Come on.

Their spouses/partners do (probably) 😀

Dude, this is WRX, plenty of love for pro golfers on here.

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

Huge Scotty fan! First remember coming aware of him mid-2000 when he went really low at the Scottish Open and had some decent finishes which then seemed to lead to the UK golf magazines (back then, it was magazines that I relied on for info) picking him. The now defunct UK version of Golf World did a feature on him and young teenager me just took a huge liking. The swing and the all Titleist everything meant that he became my guy. I watched a ridiculous amount of golf then and I can remember him picking up his first win in 2001 in South Africa where he got past Justin Rose and things just went from there. One of the coolest things I have ever done was spending the entire week at the Scottish PGA in 2002 when he won by 10 shots. How that can be 20+ years ago is beyond me?!

• Like 3

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Got to see Scott play in person for the first time ever today. Great moment. He's just one of those golfers you never root against and always want to win. The only negative thing people around here ever say about him is "if only his putting was a good as his swing". It's always been satisfying having someone like Adam at the forefront of Australian golf post Greg Norman.

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST 🔹🔹🔹LS 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR blue 6X

Titleist TSr3 16.5* - Tensei Blue 65X

Titleist 2023 t200 4 Project X 6.0

Titleist 2021 t100s 5-GW - Project X 6.0

Vokey SM9 - 52*, 56* m grind

Cleveland Zipcore raw - 60* low

Odyssey White Hot OG 1/OG 11/Toulon Atlanta

Srixon Z Star🔹

1 hour ago, Chopper Dave said:

Got to see Scott play in person for the first time ever today. Great moment. He's just one of those golfers you never root against and always want to win. The only negative thing people around here ever say about him is "if only his putting was a good as his swing". It's always been satisfying having someone like Adam at the forefront of Australian golf post Greg Norman.

Greg was better, though - comfortably better.

Cam was just awarded the Greg Norman award for best Aus golfer. It's not the Adam Scott award.

Greg had the most influence on Australian golf growth by a country mile.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

Greg was better, though - comfortably better.

Cam was just awarded the Greg Norman award for best Aus golfer. It's not the Adam Scott award.

Greg had the most influence on Australian golf growth by a country mile.

I can believe that, though I would have thought that pre-Greg Peter Thomson would have been a pretty influential figure?

1 hour ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

I can believe that, though I would have thought that pre-Greg Peter Thomson would have been a pretty influential figure?

The problem with Peter was his personality - not very likeable but obviously respected for his golf.

He ran for Victorian state parliament in the late 70's (from memory) and didn't get elected and then spent a decade in local golf commentary where he became increasingly critical of golfers to the point of being mean spirited. Greg Norman called him out about it on a live broadcast in c.1988 when it was simply getting ridiculous (Norman was correct, just voicing what many others were thinking - I remember seeing it live) and Thompson retired from broadcasting soon after that.

He also was a horrible course designer with several of his courses being redesigned to reduce their penal nature. He ruined Southern GC in Melbourne by designing a links-style 9 holes to go with a parkland existing 9 holes, Hope Island in Queensland is horid to play with silly hidden pot bunkers in narrow fairways and his 18 at The National in Victoria has been discarded. It reflected his negative nature, he advocated that bunkers shouldn't be raked so 'they were pits where demons dwelled'. There's a few reasons that Peter didn't play much in the US, one was that the other pros didn't take to him, though Hogan got friendly with him (interesting).

Greg Norman is no saint but he is Australia's Tiger Woods, golf went through a resurgence when he was in his pomp. I stood behind him many times when he hit his persimmon driver and it was like nothing else.

• Like 2

“You won't be happy though - it's expected amongst locals here that he will be off to the other tour in the near future, especially if there is no majors ban.”

You sure @Rapidcat

This is brutal and makes his thoughts on where he’s playing very clear 

"I don’t live in the States, but I’m going to spend way more time in the States next year to compete seriously. 
"I can’t be flying all around the world playing against guys who don’t."

https://www.golfmagic.com/pga-tour/liv-golfs-greg-norman-will-not-want-hear-adam-scotts-pga-tour-comments

“I don't know that there's ever been a better time to be a member of the PGA Tour”

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

“You won't be happy though - it's expected amongst locals here that he will be off to the other tour in the near future, especially if there is no majors ban.”

You sure @Rapidcat

This is brutal and makes his thoughts on where he’s playing very clear 

"I don’t live in the States, but I’m going to spend way more time in the States next year to compete seriously. 
"I can’t be flying all around the world playing against guys who don’t."

https://www.golfmagic.com/pga-tour/liv-golfs-greg-norman-will-not-want-hear-adam-scotts-pga-tour-comments

“I don't know that there's ever been a better time to be a member of the PGA Tour”

Well I don't have Adam on my speed dial so I can't get his thoughts directly but I'll simply say that there has been much said in the media over the last year that have been proven to be incorrect or misleading in regard to many golfers - often by the golfers themselves. So much said is self-serving at the time and the flipping of position by doing the opposite later has been evident. 

So I don't place much stead in what any of them say, they sometimes are being disingenuous, other times they change their mind. 

I just don't take anything on face value anymore in regards to this broad topic.

For me what is the timeframe of 'in the near future' will be interesting.

On 11/24/2022 at 11:10 AM, Rapidcat said:

You're just wrong re Adam, he's actually a bit uninspiring, a bit bland. Aussies by and large don't love him. Cam they love.

Adam of course has had a fantastic career and I certainly respect him.

Maybe you can cease posting hundreds of laughing smileys in the other thread for any post that isn't pro PGAT, but I guess that's up to you.

One jab per post, everybody knows the rules.

👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Amazing how a post can expressly state intention to keep thread a positive one and immediately lead to baiting and negative responses. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

The beige bomber! Now that was a great golfer!!

2022-03-04T212514Z_2070773509_MT1USATODAY17826545_RTRMADP_3_PGA-ARNOLD-PALMER-INVITATIONAL-PRESENTED-BY-MASTERCARD-SECOND-ROUND.jpg

• Haha 1

Cobra SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 5s
Cobra Radspeed 15.5 Motore X F3 6s
Cobra SZ 18.5 Tensei Blue 65s

Cobra SZ 21.5 Atmos Blue 7s
Cobra Forged Tec X 5-G Recoil 95 F3

Cleveland CBX Zipcore   54/12   58/10
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless NP2

The thing that is most impressive to me about Adam is how he is just casually as fast and long as he's ever been at 42 years old. Go look at his average clubhead speed year over year and he's actually FASTER than when he was younger, consistently around 119-120mph year over year for the last decade, a tick UP from the previous decade. All while still swinging an 80g driver shaft. I don't know that that kind of longevity has existed anywhere else, with guys like Sergio having to go lighter to maintain the same speeds. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

thats in the Brekkie Creek bar with XXXX on the wood..(The Breakfast Creek Hotel is a famous Brisbane icon just down the road from the course, serves steaks, beer on tap etc,),  

Adam and Cam are well loved and supported over here and the fans are loving having all the Aussies back over here playing.  Both were incredibly generous with their time to the kids at the recent PGA and no doubt will do the same at the Australian Open. 

I dont think the fans here really care about the whole PGA/LIV thing too much and are just happy to see good golf again, all our favourite international golfers are back, the crowds are back, golf is making headlines for the right reasons and they will along with the ladies be playing two of the best courses in the world for the Australian Open at Victoria GC and Kingston Heath.

• Like 3

If I swing a club like Adam Scott and looked like Adam Scott I would probably not give a s*** about putting either. 

plus his AS irons are probably the best looking irons I’ve ever seen in the world. 

be mega if he wins the Aus PGA after Cam won the Open although kinda makes a mockery of everyone else when the two big stars win the two big events. 

19 hours ago, So_Cal said:

About 10 years ago I was watching golf and a lady friend glanced at the TV asking “who is that?  He’s cute.”   That’s about the only time she noticed anything about golf LOL. 

My wife, who to her credit will pay attention at times and recognizes some players, was in the room and I told her to watch Matt Wolff swing.  Her first comment?  "Who told him it was ok to wear those shoes?" 

Must be innate... 

• Like 1