2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Here's what just hit the conforming list: Anyone else feel the same?

7 minutes ago, Tiptx1122 said:

Here's what just hit the list:

◉ COBRA DARKSPEED (LS, X, and MAX)

◉ PING (G430 MAX 10K)

◉ PXG (BLACK OPS and BLACK OPS TOUR)

◉ TaylorMade Qi10 LS

◉ Costco Kirkland Signature

Which models are you most looking forward to? NONE, everything is pretty much MAX'ed out and only if you have a driver 3-4 years old I would not even waste my money as everyone know the prices will go up. The only driver not to be listed is Callaway but how much better are they really going to be from the last 3 models, Epic, Rogue, and Paradym. Even the names are getting boring so whoever has the money for marketing will once again win this battle of who sell's the most. Also and who has the best aftermarket premium shafts available.

Even longer than 3-4 years, but we all like new shiny toys. Imagine the next 20 years of the same rebranded drivers more or less, that is scary.

No, I'm looking forward to trying out the Cobra and Callaway and will probably include the TSR3/4 in there too. It's been a few years since I got fitted and my EpicSZ is 4 years old (you forgot that Epic Speed was 3 years ago). I really don't care about the names or any of the marketing crap. I honestly don't get why people get hung up on that. Just buy clubs based on performance and/or looks.

Sold my drivers, so I am eagerly looking forward to seeing the testers results.

• Like 1

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 8* and 9*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

I'm looking forward to seeing the Cobra, the rest I'm not too fussed about.

Driver: TaylorMade Qi10 9* - Ventus Black 6S

Woods: TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 3 & 5 Wood - Ventus Black 7S

Hybrid: TaylorMade Qi10 Tour - Ventus Blue 85HYB Stiff

Irons: TaylorMade p790 & p770 Combo Set - KBS Tour 120g Stiff

Wedges: TaylorMade MG4 50 SB - 54 SB - 58 LBV - KBS Tour 120g Stiff

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour DB 35"

• pga43 changed the title to Here's what just hit the conforming list: Anyone else feel the same?
35 minutes ago, BirdieBob said:

Sold my drivers, so I am eagerly looking forward to seeing the testers results.

Bob, the system is truly broken if nothing currently excites you enough to keep it around!😂

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

22 minutes ago, the bishop said:

Bob, the system is truly broken if nothing currently excites you enough to keep it around!😂

Unfortunately, I do not live in an area where I can try any golf clubs...no golf shops and four courses with no clubs.  The 10 hours of driving roundturn to the nearest location to try is not attractive to me, so I buy and try.

I tried the Titleist and Taylormade Stealth 2 plus drivers this past year and my preference is the Taylormade.

But I will be interested in the reviews to see what will be in the bag for the coming year.

Have never hit the Cobra or Ping drivers, so there's that as well as the new PXG Tour driver.   😁

Edited by BirdieBob
  • Like 1

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 8* and 9*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

I am looking forward to everything. Some more than others. But new stuff is fun and I like fun. even if it is marginally better at best. Who cares? This is a game and it is meant to be played. 

• Like 3

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

1 hour ago, Tiptx1122 said:

◉ PING (G430 MAX 10K)

◉ TaylorMade Qi10 LS

Which models are you most looking forward to? NONE, everything is pretty much MAX'ed out and only if you have a driver 3-4 years old I would not even waste my money as everyone know the prices will go up. The only driver not to be listed is Callaway but how much better are they really going to be from the last 3 models, Epic, Rogue, and Paradym. Even the names are getting boring so whoever has the money for marketing will once again win this battle of who sell's the most. Also and who has the best aftermarket premium shafts available.

I'm eager to hit a Callaway driver with no jailbreak.  Also eager to test the Cobra Dark Horse!  Thing looks mean!  There are questions TM have to answer.  Will the Qi10 answer those questions?  Its exciting.

• Like 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

24 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

24 Apex Pro 4 Iron

24 Callaway JDM X -Forged 5-PW  Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S ,54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

I’m excited to try every single one of them like every other year in the past. I go in knowing I’m not going to gain 20 yards and shrink my dispersion by 50%. I go in looking at feel, looks and consistency which changes every year in my findings.
If you’re thinking you’re suddenly going to gain 10 mph ball speed and find every fairway you’re setting yourself up for disappointment. 

I'm interested in the Cobra... I hit the AeroJet and really enjoyed it 

And the Kirkland

WITB

Ping G430 10K 10.5º w/ Diamana 

Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana

Callaway Apex UW 21º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Driving Iron: Srixon U85 w/ Recoil

6-43º Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

48º Vokey SM6, 54º Vokey SM8 Raw, 60º SM9 Raw

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

Nothing has beat my G400 Max, but I really liked the G430. The G430 Max 10K will likely make it in the bag.

• Like 2
PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60, KBS CT Tour, 35"
Maxfli Tour Yellow

57 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

I am looking forward to everything. Some more than others. But new stuff is fun and I like fun. even if it is marginally better at best. Who cares? This is a game and it is meant to be played. 

This nails it! I'm blessed to have the opportunity to try out new things. It's how I found out this year the Aerojet LS works better than any driver I've ever played. But that's still not going to stop me from trying out others next year. 

2 hours ago, Tiptx1122 said:

◉ PING (G430 MAX 10K)

◉ TaylorMade Qi10 LS

I always wonder why somebody on golfwrx would have and feel the need to express this sentiment.

I mean would you rather them not come out with new designs? Why are you even on this forum?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Taylormade is sticking with the carbon face.  Hopefully they figured out a way to make this on more durable.

Edited by jblough99

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 9.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 13.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 4-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

8 minutes ago, jblough99 said:

Going by the naming conventions, Taylormade is sticking with the carbon face….

60X face is definitely the same face as Stealth 2 (was 40X before right? Can't remember).

I wonder if they figured out how to keep it attached to the rest of the club head this time around...

I'm not going to take Taylormade drivers seriously until I stop hearing horror stories about their heads breaking.
I also can't look down at those dang turbulators and take the Ping drivers seriously, either. I know there's a performance gain, but how much of it is mitigated by the ugliness of it affecting what's between the ears?

I'm looking forward to seeing what the marketing gimmicks are this year, though. Those are always a trip, from every brand.

• Like 3

Callaway Customs Rogue ST Max LS @ 9.5 - LAGP Bryson Series 65-4

PING G430 LST 3W - LAGP Bryson Series 75-4

Callaway Apex UW 21° - LAGP Bryson Series 75-4
PING i210 4-U - Recoil Prototype Customs 95 F4
Artisan 54°, 58° - Recoil Prototype 95 F4
Artisan 0418 putter

Chrome Tour, Z-Grip+2, really weird full alligator Vokey stand bag that I've never seen pictures of on the internet

3 minutes ago, ShAMbotay said:

I'm not going to take Taylormade drivers seriously until I stop hearing horror stories about their heads breaking.
I also can't look down at those dang turbulators and take the Ping drivers seriously, either. I know there's a performance gain, but how much of it is mitigated by the ugliness of it affecting what's between the ears?

I'm looking forward to seeing what the marketing gimmicks are this year, though. Those are always a trip, from every brand.

I hated these too, until I hit the g430 LST, and now the TSR2 is on the shelf.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toddyc said:

I always wonder why somebody on golfwrx would have and feel the need to express this sentiment.

I mean would you rather them not come out with new designs? Why are you even on this forum?

Yes, I'd prefer they stop making stuff...I'd have more $ to actually play...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m really intrigued and looking forward to testing these out. I love this time of year (aka silly season) when new drivers lines are leaked and eventually released. Looks like some facelifts across a lot of the driver lines (some more subtle than others). PXG looks like it has the most changes yet looks similar to the Ping and previous SIM and Stealth tech (from the pics that is).

Will be hard to kick out my TSR3 I was fitted for but probably will if I see any significant gains during testing and fittings. 

Looking forward to testing them all. I only buy clubs if they outperform what I have in the bag. I really do enjoy testing clubs and it makes me confident of what I have in my bag.

New irons and wedges for me in 2024, driver I am happy with but open to seeing if anything can dethrone the G430 LST

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

I read in a previous post that TM figured out why they were having issues with the faces popping off and have since implemented a fix.

Personally, I'm cheap and I am really interested in the Costco driver.  Heck, I think it'd be cool just to rock the Kirkland headcover on my current gamer 🤣

• Like 1

I love new equipment releases. It's an element of inspiration to play.

The major difference is FEEL from our individual perspective. When you find a club that looks great, feels great, and works great for you, there's nothing better!

Those are the clubs we love for a year or forever.

But without new releases, how do we ever find them?

I suspect those people who are annoyed by new releases are those who feel their club is now "obsolete", and don't have the expendable cash to buy the new release.

Edited by Foxx

6 hours ago, toddyc said:

It wouldn’t matter to me cause you know as well as I do there will be a jump in price again. I do hope TM has a black carbon face as that is why I’m on this forum to express my opinion not to hear what anyone thinks of what I said. Yes I do have the cash for whatever new is coming out as I just haven’t seen much  that catches my attention as it will all come down to the hype as to who sells the most

Edited by Tiptx1122

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip