Club Pro Guy

Comments

• New EdgeNew Edge Members Posts: 149
    Got my dad a towel for Father’s Day, no problems.
    2016 M2 9.5* Black Tie 7M3x
    2016 M2 15* Black Tie MFS 8M4x
    TM UDI 18* Aldila RIP Alpha 105x
    PING S59 4-PW Hard stepped PX 6.5
    Cleveland CG16 52*
    PING Glide 2.0 58*
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
    2016 Srixon Z Star
  • DeacLaw05DeacLaw05 Members Posts: 351 ✭✭
    Had the FJ golf shirt/Tour Visor combo delivered on Thursday. No problems.
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    Never got an email, but do have tracking info now with estimated delivery date of Thursday, so feeling better.

Guess I won't have my El Chappo's Taint shirt for Wednesday's "Fox Den Big Skins Game" (bummer), but hopefully will be able to update profile pic on Farmer's Only Dot Com and Craigslist by Thursday night and reel in some babes this weekend!
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • Aaronwilson_95Aaronwilson_95 Members Posts: 818 ✭✭
    I never got my hat for the 5$ draft kings deposit
  • Dr.FrankenputzDr.Frankenputz Members Posts: 699 ✭✭
    Thanks, you guys inspired me to get the El Chapo and Yucatán masters shirts. Gotta show my support for CPG. Funny stuff.
    He needs Ernesto or Tawny to look into their shipping methods. My tracking shows as USPS First Class Package Service, and will be 4-5 business days to receive. He could go USPS Flat rate Small Priority Box for a T-Shirt, and it wouldn't cost me $30 shipping fees and will arrive in 2-3 days!
    WITB:
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • The Mad BomberThe Mad Bomber I seem to not like new things. Get off my lawn... Members Posts: 1,036 ✭✭
    My stuff got to Canada within a week without any problems.

I find his tee shirts are pretty short. Am I alone on that one?
    915 D3 7.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    909F2 15.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    T-MB 2 iron C-Taper
    Mizzy MP-5 4-9 C-Taper
    SM6 47º, 52º, 56º C-Taper
    Mizzy S18 60-06º Blue Ion
    Scotty Newport 2, 35" Tour Issue X7, Hard stepped x2, Tipped 2"

WITB link
  • SirFuegoSirFuego Members Posts: 158 ✭✭
    edited Aug 22, 2018 #129

I did a similar promotion with OnCore golf and draft Kings to get a dozen elixr balls. I had to contact OnCore directly and they sent them to me. I've heard other draft Kings promotions go through the same thing, so it doesn't seem to be anything automatic. Might need to contact CPG to get the hat.
  • ObeeObee ClubWRX Posts: 3,668 ClubWRX
    Good lord, his recent article on Tiger breaking his "streak" was absolutely hilarious.
    PING G400 Max - Tour 65 S
    Callaway Rogue 15* 3W
    Titleist H1 19* Diamana S+ Blue 70hy
    Titleist H1 23* Diamana S+ Blue 70hy
    Adams Idea Tech V4 5H 25* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
    Adams Idea Tech V4 6H 28* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
    Adams Idea Tech V4 7H 32* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
    Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S
    Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
    Don Wood Custom Grind 47* PW
    Don Wood Custom Grind 51* GW
    Titleist "Vokey Design" 56* K Grind
    Mizuno S18 60/7 LW
    Odyssey Works Versa Tank 1W (bent to 78.5*)
    SirFuego wrote:

I did a similar promotion with OnCore golf and draft Kings to get a dozen elixr balls. I had to contact OnCore directly and they sent them to me. I've heard other draft Kings promotions go through the same thing, so it doesn't seem to be anything automatic. Might need to contact CPG to get the hat.
  • Cottonseed.Cottonseed. Members Posts: 156 ✭✭

SirFuego wrote:

My dumbass just posted a new topic on this guy.

image/stink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stink:' /> ...

Did he respond to this?
    Nothing new on his website?

Must be licking his wounds over Tiger's supposed "10 Par Streak", or interviewing new Beverage Cart Girls/Marshalls. I thought I saw a twitter post that Darrel had ended up back in some hot water with the law, but can't seem to find it now.
    WITB:
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
    "Sorry, I don't do twitter, but love your enthusiasm for explaining the intricacies of Tour Level Golf.

I'm surprised you haven't made any observations of the American failure once again in the Ryder Cup (or RC, as all the people "in the know" call it now days)! Was Tiger doomed to have an "off week" after the controversy of breaking/tieing the 10 hole par streak a few weeks back? Was the entire team "sub-marined" by Patrick Reed and his bitchy wife being such complete D-Bags? Should the PGA of America start considering only selecting American players from the top WGR off the Web.com or Mexican Mini tour going forward, because "they'd just want it more"? The RC is in Wisconsin in 2020, is that on the radar, or too far for the Miata to be expected to travel if you were to get "the call"?

I hope you and Tawny are doing well and have a great off-season selecting new on-course beverage consultants image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />!"

Just posted this on his "Contact Me" page, hoping for a response!
    WITB:
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • dlygrissedlygrisse Members Posts: 13,013 ✭✭
    Do we know what club this guy works at? Anyone doxxed him?

Ping G400
    Callaway Rogue 3w, HW
    Ping G 4 hybrid
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS
    Vokey 58 M grind
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • beckk10beckk10 Members Posts: 679
    ok who is tawney really? strong social media presence.
  • thevaporzthevaporz Members Posts: 2,801 ✭✭
    Holly Sonders.
  • sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,699 ✭✭
    thevaporz wrote:

Holly Sonders.

You mean Holly Niederkohr ??? image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
  • BMCBMC Members Posts: 3,525 ✭✭
    I suspect "Club Pro Guy" is a professional actor or comedian with outside writers for the material. His delivery is just too professional for him to be an actual club pro.
    PING OG Rapture 9*
    Cobra Baffler Pro 18* hybrid
    Cleveland CG2 irons 3-p
    Bridgestone Wedges 52/56
    Odyssey #1WS
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members Posts: 3,400 ✭✭
    BMC wrote:

I suspect "Club Pro Guy" is a professional actor or comedian with outside writers for the material. His delivery is just too professional for him to be an actual club pro.

Nah. His delivery is simply the merging of 3 or 4 different common personalities in the golf business. Anyone that has worked in a few golf shops sees himself and/or coworkers in there.
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,444 ✭✭
    BMC wrote:

He’s a real club pro don’t you forget that!
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • straightshot7straightshot7 Members Posts: 2,925 ✭✭
    edited Oct 10, 2018 #143
    BMC wrote:

I don't know if he's an actual, current club pro. But, he definitely has an advanced knowledge of golf and the golf industry. I don't think people are feeding him all of that info. The funny stories and how to hit punch outs, etc. He definitely has a long history in the game.

This started out as an interview on NoLayingUp that sort of went viral right? It's doubtful that a professional actor would have learned all of that and immersed himself in it, for a podcast.

Many professional actors and comedians had "day jobs" doing other things. I don't see why being a club pro would preclude you from also being a comedian.
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,444 ✭✭
    Club Pro Guy was fairly popular before the No Laying Up podcast, but that definitely helped him gain steam
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • mocokidmocokid Members Posts: 1,713 ✭✭

BMC wrote:

I don't know if he's an actual, current club pro. But, he definitely has an advanced knowledge of golf and the golf industry. I don't think people are feeding him all of that info. The funny stories and how to hit punch outs, etc. He definitely has a long history in the game.

This started out as an interview on NoLayingUp that sort of went viral right? It's doubtful that a professional actor would have learned all of that and immersed himself in it, for a podcast.

Many professional actors and comedians had "day jobs" doing other things. I don't see why being a club pro would preclude you from also being a comedian.

Lotsa PGA pros have "2nd" jobs, to supplant the low golf income. Just saw his 'bunker' lesson with the guy wearing the stars and bars t shirt and it's a riot.
  • bandrzbandrz Members Posts: 955 ✭✭
    Holy Moses wrote:

Club Pro Guy was fairly popular before the No Laying Up podcast, but that definitely helped him gain steam

this is correct. he was actually funnier on Twitter before he went viral. definitely softened a little to appeal to the masses.
  • BMCBMC Members Posts: 3,525 ✭✭

BMC wrote:

There's no doubt he's a golfer with a lot of knowledge. I'm just saying he's a pro in the entertainment business, not necessarily in the golf business.
    PING OG Rapture 9*
    Cobra Baffler Pro 18* hybrid
    Cleveland CG2 irons 3-p
    Bridgestone Wedges 52/56
    Odyssey #1WS
  • mocokidmocokid Members Posts: 1,713 ✭✭
    It's after October 1 so its winter rules and I declared the leaf rule and improved my lie. Playing an Indian guy in IT who didn't push me when I asked if a putt was "good". Classic stuff LOL.
  • blairdblaird Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    mocokid wrote:

It's after October 1 so its winter rules and I declared the leaf rule and improved my lie. Playing an Indian guy in IT who didn't push me when I asked if a putt was "good". Classic stuff LOL.

Haha I came to quote this...the "interview" yesterday was classic!! The one from last week was great too "we were playing $20 1 downs and I think I was 6 down but I didnt complete an official round" and "when I was stepping off the yardage for my 5th shot"...he really is a funny guy!!
  • SC4lifeSC4life Members Posts: 57 ✭✭
    BMC wrote:

I think it is Curtis Strange. Listen to the No Laying Up podcast with CPG and then listen to an interview with him. He was on one of the golf podcasts that I listen to regularly shortly after the CPG was on No Laying Up and it was the CPG.
    Cpg has been. Around since 2013. I doubt Curtis strange is running the account...