Breakthrough Golf Technology (CEO Barney Adams) Stability putter shafts

Comments

• 300_yard_drives300_yard_drives Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,177 ✭✭
    I switched to a speeder putter shaft that I tipped and installed and I've putted better than ever. Really like the firm flex of the shaft while being light. Usually light putter shafts have a lot of flex or they are stiff and heavy.
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,280 ✭✭
    I bet if this said Scotty Cameron on it, it would be sold out through preorders.

And if they offered limited edition colors, they’d sell out and end up on eBay for double the price.

Stamp it with a Circle T, and it would have a cult following with its own subforum on the other site for collectors...
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • dharris3dharris3 Members Posts: 33
    gvogel wrote:

granata10 wrote:

I am interested in trying this, will do just about anything to make more putts

Rory, is that you?

Haha!
  • dharris3dharris3 Members Posts: 33
    SubaruWRX wrote:

I bet if this said Scotty Cameron on it, it would be sold out through preorders.

And if they offered limited edition colors, they’d sell out and end up on eBay for double the price.

Stamp it with a Circle T, and it would have a cult following with its own subforum on the other site for collectors...

Make a lime green edition with orange flames and I will reverse mortgage to cover it...
  • EBannermanSEBannermanS Members Posts: 179 ✭✭
    Interesting concept. Would love to see a "strokes gained" analysis on this. Hard to fathom it would be significantly different than a standard shaft. To the tour pro, it may provide results over time. To the average weekend golfer, I'm not so sure.
  • SilververtuSilververtu Members Posts: 24
    SubaruWRX wrote:

And if they offered limited edition colors, they'd sell out and end up on eBay for double the price.

So true!!!!
    Maruman Majesty Royal VQ 9.5*
    Maruman Majesty Royal VQ 18*
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 3H, 4H
    Mizuno JPX-EZ 5-GW
    Miura LW 60*
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,056 ✭✭
    SubaruWRX wrote:

And if they offered limited edition colors, they'd sell out and end up on eBay for double the price.

THIS
    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,149 ✭✭
    I’d have to get out a can of flat black spray paint immediately and do something about all that **** written all over it. **** distracting.
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • Kball10Kball10 Posts: 162 ✭✭
    Has anyone tried this shaft?
  • bggolfbggolf Members Posts: 3
    I have these in stock now if you are interested in having me install one in your putter give me a call

[email protected], It is a amazing how stable it keeps your putter,
  • bggolfbggolf Members Posts: 3

Interesting concept. Would love to see a "strokes gained" analysis on this. Hard to fathom it would be significantly different than a standard shaft. To the tour pro, it may provide results over time. To the average weekend golfer, I'm not so sure.

The Tour Pro might not see as the same benefit as an amateur. Their strokes are a lot more consistent. But the person that has a stoke that is not as consistent will see more consistent strikes since a regular putter shaft has so much instability.
  • Kball10Kball10 Posts: 162 ✭✭
    I have Emailed the company twice inquiring about an installer in my area and have received no response. A bit disappointing.
  • jasonfpgajasonfpga Members Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Club Champion has them.
  • poppman2142poppman2142 Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭
    I got a long shaft to try in my arm lock Toulon. I am still waiting for the new grip. I also got a couple of demo shafts coming for the shop for members to try.
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ triple diamond 10.5* with Tensei Pro Orange 70 stiff untipped
    Ping G400 Max 10.5* with Tensei Pro Orange 70 stiff untipped
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* with Tensei Pro White 70 stiff tipped 1/2"
    Callaway Apex 19' 18* with Diamana Thump 90 stiff tipped 1/4"
    Callaway Apex Pro dot 4-P with Shimada Tour X-Stiff SS 1X
    Mizuno T7 51,56,61 with Shimada Tour X-Stiff 
    Epon Zen 34.75" with Grip Master leather wrap
    Toulon Azalea 34.75" with Stability putter shaft
    2018 Callaway Chrome Soft X/Taylormade tp5x
    Golf Pride Multicompound Black/Black +1/64"
    Ogio Silencer bag
  • nogamejamesnogamejames Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭
    is this a real product? I seriously can't tell.
    WITB:
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9* Matrix 8M3
    3 Wood: TM 16 M2 13* Diamana Thump 75
    4-7 Wood: Cobra F6 Baffler 19* PX Evenflow
    4 Iron: TM RSI TP UDI Aldila Rip'd VS Proto
    5-PW: Bridgestone J15DF KBS C-Taper
    50,56,60: Callaway MD3, Vokey TVD, Mizuno T7
    Putter: Method 003, Bettinardi Queen B7
  • provxprovx Members Posts: 821 ✭✭

I got a long shaft to try in my arm lock Toulon. I am still waiting for the new grip. I also got a couple of demo shafts coming for the shop for members to try.

How do you have an arm lock toulon?
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
    Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
    Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
    Biomech Acculock
    Snell MTB Black
  • 2Bad4u2Bad4u Posts: 212
    edited Jun 23, 2018 #48
    According to today's latest video Ian at TXG put this shaft on his putter and he really likes it. It sounds like they will be doing a video on it in the near future. Personally I would like to give one a go.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping Pioneer Bag
    Ping G400 Max 10.5˚, Alta CB 55 R-Flex
    Ping G400 5w, 7w, Alta CB 65 R-Flex
    Ping G400 4h, 5h, 6h, Alta CB 70 R-Flex
    Ping G700 7-PW, UW, SW, Recoil 780 ES F3 SmacWrap
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 60[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]˚ & 64˚, Recoil 760 ES F3 SmacWrap[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping Sigma G D66 | Sigma G Tyne Putters
    Snell MTB Black | MTB Red (Yellow), Golf Pride MCC+4 Grips
    Seamus Headcovers, Clicgear 3.5+ Cart, Leupold GX-4i2 Rangefinder [/font]
  • BullunionBullunion Members Posts: 23
    Mr. Hogan wrote:

Are these high launch, low spin? If so, I'm in.

Im dead lol.
  • dlarocca1dlarocca1 Members Posts: 104 ✭✭
    At this point in golfing I will try anything that helps me hole more putts. I went for a putter fitting thinking that would help, NOPE!!! Just a crappy putter, the putter I had was perfect for me and the fitter said no need to buy anything else or change anything. So **** maybe a fresh fancy shaft will do the trick.
  • 2Bad4u2Bad4u Posts: 212
    I sent them an email yesterday regarding product info and Canadian dealers however they still have not responded. I'll definitely give them some additional time but it's not a great sign.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping Pioneer Bag
    Ping G400 Max 10.5˚, Alta CB 55 R-Flex
    Ping G400 5w, 7w, Alta CB 65 R-Flex
    Ping G400 4h, 5h, 6h, Alta CB 70 R-Flex
    Ping G700 7-PW, UW, SW, Recoil 780 ES F3 SmacWrap
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 60[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]˚ & 64˚, Recoil 760 ES F3 SmacWrap[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping Sigma G D66 | Sigma G Tyne Putters
    Snell MTB Black | MTB Red (Yellow), Golf Pride MCC+4 Grips
    Seamus Headcovers, Clicgear 3.5+ Cart, Leupold GX-4i2 Rangefinder [/font]
  • FairwayFredFairwayFred Sponsors Posts: 3,976 ✭✭
    I am VERY impressed w this shaft in the testing I've done so far.
    FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
    Ari Techner
    National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
    [email protected]
    IG: @nationalcustom
    Twitter: @WorksNational
    (still a huge club HO)
  • sixtysevensixtysevensixtysevensixtyseven Members Posts: 2,028
    I hope one of my buddies buys one of these so we can relentlessly make fun of him every Sunday.
  • dlarocca1dlarocca1 Members Posts: 104 ✭✭
    I hope one of my buddies buys one of these so we can relentlessly make fun of him every Sunday.

This right here is why I would never get one because I would catch Sh*t every time I missed a putt. Whether it actually improved my putting or not. But the guys I play with are a bunch of di*ks
  • rymail00rymail00 Members Posts: 6,704 ✭✭
    2Bad4u wrote:

According to today's latest video Ian at TXG put this shaft on his putter and he really likes it. It should like they will be doing a video on it in the near future. Personally I would like to give one a go.

Yeah sounded like he said even miss hits still felt like centered shot.
    rymail00 2018 WITB http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
    Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
    Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
    Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
    Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer)

Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper
    C&L CL1 368g
    Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style
  • Willo'theGlenWillo'theGlen Members Posts: 10
    TRUL wrote:

for you non-wobblers, go to the website and you can see the test results www.breakthroughgolftech.com -

and if you didn't know that putts actually launch, try a different sport -
  • Willo'theGlenWillo'theGlen Members Posts: 10
    Those graphs purporting to show “wobble” are: 1) misrepresented nonsense, and 2) pointless even if correct, because the big “wobble” they supposedly show occurs after impact – and what the club face does after the ball leaves the club face does not affect the ball!
  • chadillac65chadillac65 Posts: 308 ✭✭
    This shaft is amazing
    Driver: TaylorMade M3 9.5* Mitshibishi Tensei Orange 70 TX 45.5 inches
    3 Wood: TaylorMade M4 15* Mitshibishi Tensei White 70 S tipped .5 inches 43.5 inches
    Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2 17* Matrix Altus 85 S tipped .5 inch 40.5 inches
    Irons: TaylorMade P790 4-GW / Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedge: TaylorMade Mill Grind Raw 56* / DG S400 TaylorMade High Toe 60* / DG S400
    Putter: Evnroll ER9 35 inches
  • MakersMarsh3MakersMarsh3 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭
    edited Jul 28, 2018 #59
    Looks like Tom Watson still has this in the bag
    lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's
  • SwingManSwingMan SwingMan Members Posts: 6,800
    edited Jul 29, 2018 #60
    Talking with putter makers over the years, the difference in a steel shaft makes a difference with repsect to feel and distance control. With putterheads going from 320g less than 20 yrs ago to today's 350g to 400g, that's a lot of weight to control. And let's face it, most of us don't know the strength/thickness or quality of the typical putter shaft.

I'd be open to leaming more about this shaft. I will look at the data and keep an open mind, and let's hope the price comes down.
    "My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

Bag: Ping G400 Max/TPT Golf Series 17 ● Exotics EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd ● PXG 0317 4H/Tensei CK Pro Red 70 ● Mizuno 919F 5-GW/Accra i80 ● Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56ES, 60SS ●Evnroll ER8
  • chadillac65chadillac65 Posts: 308 ✭✭
    I have one in my Evnroll and it’s great. Best putter shaft I have ever played.
    Driver: TaylorMade M3 9.5* Mitshibishi Tensei Orange 70 TX 45.5 inches
    3 Wood: TaylorMade M4 15* Mitshibishi Tensei White 70 S tipped .5 inches 43.5 inches
    Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2 17* Matrix Altus 85 S tipped .5 inch 40.5 inches
    Irons: TaylorMade P790 4-GW / Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedge: TaylorMade Mill Grind Raw 56* / DG S400 TaylorMade High Toe 60* / DG S400
    Putter: Evnroll ER9 35 inches